[Leaderboard] ~Renegade~ VS. J̵̨͟e͏̧ff̵̶ [Winner: J̵̨͟e͏̧ff̵̶]

Ren✧

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen. Cards Due: 
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 

5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun!

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Create a Spell or Trap Card that supports Spirit Monsters

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

Spirit Mirror

Continuous Spell
When this card is activated, if you control a face-up Spirit monster; Draw 1 card. Once per turn, you can target 1 Spirit monster you control; It gains 1000 ATK until the End Phase. When this face-up card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect; Special Summon 1 Spirit monster from your Graveyard, ignoring the summoning conditions. The Special Summoned monster returns to your hand at the end of the turn it was Summoned.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

SpiritGate.png?t=1371218091

As long as this card is face-up on the field, when a Spirit Monster would be returned to your hand: You can discard 1 card instead. If this face-up card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 Spirit Monster from your Graveyard or Deck to your hand. 

[/spoiler]

Interesting how you both made cards with a similar concept of a huge benefit from being destroyed. 

Now, I'd say that the only thing I find questionable about Card A is the draw, but that's honestly not a huge problem, since all it does is make the card a +0 to play. As for Card B, its first effect already exists in the form of Spiritual Energy Settle Machine. So with that said, it really comes down to the destruction effect that decides things here. While Card A is versatile enough, being able to directly Special Summon a Spirit from the Grave, Card B's search takes that versatility even further, doubling the potential cardpool. However, Card B is a little too versatile, imo. Though it doesn't Special Summon, the fact that your entire Deck and Graveyard is open to search seems a bit excessive.

So I have to give Card A my vote.

Interesting how you both made cards with a similar concept of a huge benefit from being destroyed. 

Now, I'd say that the only thing I find questionable about Card A is the draw, but that's honestly not a huge problem, since all it does is make the card a +0 to play. As for Card B, its first effect already exists in the form of Spiritual Energy Settle Machine. So with that said, it really comes down to the destruction effect that decides things here. While Card A is versatile enough, being able to directly Special Summon a Spirit from the Grave, Card B's search takes that versatility even further, doubling the potential cardpool. However, Card B is a little too versatile, imo. Though it doesn't Special Summon, the fact that your entire Deck and Graveyard is open to search seems a bit excessive.

So I have to give Card A my vote.

Thank you for voting!

Well, both seem both pretty balanced and pretty useful. The fact that card B both gets when it's returned by itself, but also by other stuff is quite handy. I find it quite hard to pick, but I feel Card A is a bit better since it doesn't discard anything, so I'm gonna go with that one.

Well, both seem both pretty balanced and pretty useful. The fact that card B both gets when it's returned by itself, but also by other stuff is quite handy. I find it quite hard to pick, but I feel Card A is a bit better since it doesn't discard anything, so I'm gonna go with that one.

Thanks for the vote!

Both cards are very useful, but Spirit Gate's effect is already done by an existing card, and if I am understanding it right, then the real card does it better. Now the increased versatility is nice, but the lack of creativity there really bothers me. So my vote goes to Card A.  

Both cards are very useful, but Spirit Gate's effect is already done by an existing card, and if I am understanding it right, then the real card does it better. Now the increased versatility is nice, but the lack of creativity there really bothers me. So my vote goes to Card A.  

Thanks for voting!

That's 3-0 in Jeff's favor. 

gg, Jeff. Looks like I need to do some more research into cards before I make a card that essentially already exists.

Archived