[Leaderboard] Voting Started! Zextra vs jeramigamer

Zextra

Rules:

• 1st card to 3 votes first wins, or that has the most votes by 11:59 PST on June 15th.

• Votes must be supported by valid reasoning

Requirements:

Make an Assault Mode monster for a Synchro which does not currently have one.

Prize:

1 Rep/Like

Voter Bonus:

Each successful vote earns the user a rep!

Scoreboard:

Card A: 0

Card B: 1

Card A:

Formula Synchron/Assault Mode

LIGHT / Level 4 

Machine / Effect / Tuner

ATK 2000 / DEF 700
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Cannot be Special Summoned except with "Assault Mode Activate." When this card is Summoned activate 1 of the following effects: *Draw 1 card and randomly discard 1 card from your opponent's Hand. *Draw 1 card and banish 1 card from your opponent's Graveyard. Also, while you control this Face-Up card, you can Synchro Summon on either player's turn. When this card on the Field is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 " Formula Synchron" from your Graveyard.

Card B:

Light End Dragon/Assault Mode

LIGHT / Level 10

Dragon / Effect

ATK 3100 / DEF 2600

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned with “Assault Mode Activate” and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During the Damage Step when this card battles: You can have this card lose 500 ATK and DEF (permanently), and the ATK and DEF of the monster this card is battling become 0 until the End Phase. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower monster from your Graveyard. Its effects are negated. When this card on the field is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 "Light End Dragon" from your Graveyard.

The main issue for Card A is that it becomes a +2 on Summon (+1 on the draw and +1 with the discard). That is not fair imo, and makes Card A horribly designed. Card B has its own problems since it too has a +2 in form of the Summoning when Card B destroys a monster by battle, and it's other effect that drops the opponent's monster to 0 ATK makes that too easy. However, on Summon is easier to accomplish than through battle so Card B barely gets my vote.

1-0 to Card B

Though your calculations are slightly off :P

Assault Mode Activate + the Tributing of the original Synchro is a -1 by itself. Therefore, Card A ends up being a +1 (as you said, +1 from the draw, and +1 from the discard) and Card B ends up being a +0 the first time its effect is used (just from the Special Summoning effect, since destroying by battle isn't plussing).

Thanks for your vote, though.

1-0 to Card B

Though your calculations are slightly off :P

Assault Mode Activate + the Tributing of the original Synchro is a -1 by itself. Therefore, Card A ends up being a +1 (as you said, +1 from the draw, and +1 from the discard) and Card B ends up being a +0 the first time its effect is used (just from the Special Summoning effect, since destroying by battle isn't plussing).

Thanks for your vote, though.

Ah, alright. I just looked at the effect itself, so my bad.

I really don't see this Formula Synchron being overpowered, original synchron draws 1 card, then this one draws another (which pretty much just balances out having to put assault mode activate in your deck) the option between discarding from the hand or graveyard is nice, but that really isn't the main attraction of the card. 

Unless the intervention of level eater comes about, this card is no use for summoning Shooting Star Dragon, but it's bigger and badder parent, Shooting Quasar Dragon could probably make use of this card. It's a level 4 synchro tuner so it makes the other 2 materials (or more) it needs easier to get with 2 less levels to achieve. I haven't mentally worked out a strategy, but this would get Quasar out quicker I imagine. However the effort of getting assault mode formula onto the field probably balances it out. However once formula is in the Graveyard, Junk Synchron can bring it out whenever it wants really, i.e. when assault mode activate is on the field. So this card could have some use.

Assault Mode Light End Dragon fits its original effect here, reducing to 0 instead of half makes sense, and it can essentially make 1 reduction for free with 500 higher ATK and DEF than its predecessor. I think the 2nd effect is a bit much though, it can special summon a lot and completely swarm the field, I think I'd prefer the latter effect if you could only special summon after destroying a monster on a turn where this card has its ATK and DEF decreased by its own effect, which would limit how many times you could use it. 

Both good cards, but I like the possibilities Card A has. Card A is a stepping stone, Card B is the big gun, but I think its a bit too much. I think I have a bit of a soft spot for Synchrons, but I genuinely think Card B is a little too terrifying and easy to get out, so I'll go for Card A. 

It's a level 4 synchro tuner so it makes the other 2 materials (or more) it needs easier to get with 2 less levels to achieve.

See, the thing is that once it's Assault-moded, it's no longer a Synchro Tuner, which gets rid of all the benefits it had as one. That, I believe, makes the card completely useless, as the concept of being a Synchro Tuner is the only reason Formula Synchron could be used.

As for the Light End upgrade, I think the Special Summoning effect is justified, since there's honestly no reason to run the original Light End Dragon anyways (it's just outclassed by far too many Level 8 Synchros nowadays), and as pointed out, the attack-reduction effect is an obvious upgrade to its previous form.

I'm voting Card B, mainly since Card A is simply useless and would never be Assault-moded.

See, the thing is that once it's Assault-moded, it's no longer a Synchro Tuner, which gets rid of all the benefits it had as one. That, I believe, makes the card completely useless, as the concept of being a Synchro Tuner is the only reason Formula Synchron could be used.

As for the Light End upgrade, I think the Special Summoning effect is justified, since there's honestly no reason to run the original Light End Dragon anyways (it's just outclassed by far too many Level 8 Synchros nowadays), and as pointed out, the attack-reduction effect is an obvious upgrade to its previous form.

I'm voting Card B, mainly since Card A is simply useless and would never be Assault-moded.

I'm such an idiot...I thought it retained its synchro status for some reason...

...Well with that in mind, I agree, Card B would get my vote. 

Am I allowed to change my vote? 

Thanks for your votes. Currently 2-1 to Card B.

I'm such an idiot...I thought it retained its synchro status for some reason...

...Well with that in mind, I agree, Card B would get my vote. 

Am I allowed to change my vote? 

I don't see a problem with that, but I will have to get confirmation from jeramigamer.

I don't really like the design on Card B. It makes it extreamly easy to get monsters out, and since it can take care of all monsters, then you can easily get up combos. You probably wouldn't see the first card being used over the second card, but the fact that the second card is quite unbalanced imo, I'm gonna to have to go with card A.

Archived