[Leaderboard] ~Renegade~ VS. .codex [Winner: Renegade]

Ren✧

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen. Cards Due: 6/18
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 

5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun!

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Create a Spirit Boss Monster

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

Seishin-nushitheKing.png?t=1371322184

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. You can Normal Summon this card without any Tributes by revealing 2 Spirit Monsters in your hand. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target any number of Spirit Monsters in your hand and/or Graveyard; equip those targets to this card. Once per turn, if this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can destroy 1 Spirit Monster equipped to this card, then this card can attack again immediately. If this card would be returned to your hand: You can destroy 1 Spirit Monster equipped to this card instead. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

np5aif.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. You can normal summon this card without Tributing, but it’s original ATK becomes 1800. You can Tribute Summon this card by Tributing 1 monster, but it’s original ATK becomes 2300. During the Battle Phase, if “Gellius, Thunders of Chaos” was Normal Summoned this turn, (even if it leaves the field), when a monster you control destroys a monster by battle: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each “”Gellius, Thunders of Chaos” in your Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

Quite honestly I like both of the cards. Card A allows for longer staying power with the Spirits as well as some well deserved fire power. It would be required to use the card in a spirit centric deck, otherwise its effect is more or less useless. Card B allows for increased versatility in spirits, having a Barbaros-like effect. I don't really like the burn effect...it just doesn't really fit with the theme of the card. As I said, I like both cards, but I feel as if Card A supports Spirit monsters better, and for it to be a Spirit Boss Monster, I think that it needs to be more Spirit centric. 

Quite honestly I like both of the cards. Card A allows for longer staying power with the Spirits as well as some well deserved fire power. It would be required to use the card in a spirit centric deck, otherwise its effect is more or less useless. Card B allows for increased versatility in spirits, having a Barbaros-like effect. I don't really like the burn effect...it just doesn't really fit with the theme of the card. As I said, I like both cards, but I feel as if Card A supports Spirit monsters better, and for it to be a Spirit Boss Monster, I think that it needs to be more Spirit centric. 

Thank you for voting!

Card A: 1

Card B: 0

Both seem kinda unbalanced to be honest, Card A allows it to stay on the field, and it's kinda easy way to Summon itself without losing ATK like the other, makes it tough as well, and since the returning only happens once, you can have this card on the field for a while, and also keep it away from annoying hand returners. Card B is also quite powerful, but since it loses ATK, it cannot deal that much damage, and I doubt you are gonna be able to easily bring this out with 2 Tributes, unless you use Photon Sanctuary. Speaking of Photons, I can see this making combos with Neo, and dealing a ton of damage each time it destroys a monster, and if you can manage to get more attacks with it, you can win quite easily, but then again, I doubt really see that combo happening tbh. So I'll vote for card B.

I agree with Zazu in thinking that both cards are fairly overpowered. Card A's op'edness actually comes from its staying power, giving you a powerful beatstick with moderately easy summoning conditions. You would have to run a spirit centric deck to use him, not just for the summoning condition but to make use of his effect as well, which balances him out a little. Card B is slightly less OPed, but I feel as if its effect could be greatly abused. While Card A is just an overpowered card within itself, although it does eat up your normal summon, Card B opens up the door for various op'ed plays. Then going back on Gawayn's point, Card A does better support Spirit Monsters which I think is the tipping point for me. So I think I will have to go with Card A, but in truth I wasn't overly impressed with either cards. 

I agree with Zazu in thinking that both cards are fairly overpowered. Card A's op'edness actually comes from its staying power, giving you a powerful beatstick with moderately easy summoning conditions. You would have to run a spirit centric deck to use him, not just for the summoning condition but to make use of his effect as well, which balances him out a little. Card B is slightly less OPed, but I feel as if its effect could be greatly abused. While Card A is just an overpowered card within itself, although it does eat up your normal summon, Card B opens up the door for various op'ed plays. Then going back on Gawayn's point, Card A does better support Spirit Monsters which I think is the tipping point for me. So I think I will have to go with Card A, but in truth I wasn't overly impressed with either cards. 

Thanks for the vote!

Both seem kinda unbalanced to be honest, Card A allows it to stay on the field, and it's kinda easy way to Summon itself without losing ATK like the other, makes it tough as well, and since the returning only happens once, you can have this card on the field for a while, and also keep it away from annoying hand returners. Card B is also quite powerful, but since it loses ATK, it cannot deal that much damage, and I doubt you are gonna be able to easily bring this out with 2 Tributes, unless you use Photon Sanctuary. Speaking of Photons, I can see this making combos with Neo, and dealing a ton of damage each time it destroys a monster, and if you can manage to get more attacks with it, you can win quite easily, but then again, I doubt really see that combo happening tbh. So I'll vote for card B.

Thanks for the vote!

Card A: 2

Card B: 1

Card A:

A very fitting boss monster for Spirits, and the Summoning is pretty easy and thus ups playability by leaps and bounds. The effect is very interesting and great to boot, and the Kachi Kochi field wiping potential this card has accompanied with its built in "I don't wanna be a Spirit today!" effect is very nice. It also has a more Spirit boss feel, other then a generally accepted monster that can be used as a boss or win condition even in other decks.

Can't say I like the name, ", the King", and the Seishin-Nushi just sounds like an attempt at Japanese culture (as far as I know, it has no foothold in it, though perhaps I just couldn't find it).

Card B:

The ease in the Summoning is again a nice addition to the card, but the effect is much less interesting than Card A. Just inflicting Hamon burns is rather dull, but I do like the relation between the Lord of Striking Thunder's effect and this card, Thunders of Chaos' effect. However, that is not enough to win over my vote (as I'm not even sure you meant to do that).

Card A has my vote.

Archived