[Leaderboard] 1v1 Me vs Bob Exiled (FINISHED)

Zazubat

1 .Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (June 22nd) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed.

4. Votes must be valid

5. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard.

6. Make a card that has your opponent pick from something (like a card in your hand or something like that). Think of Ordeal of a Traveler. Can be either a Monster, Spell or Trap Card.

Card Uno

SuspiciousIceOwl.png

FLIP: Look at the top 3 cards of your Deck, then reveal 1 of those cards to your opponent; declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell or Trap) then your opponent 1 chooses card of those cards, if the card type is correct, shuffle all cards back into the Deck, if not, add 1 of the cards to hand, then shuffle the rest into the Deck, or return them to the top of the Deck in any order. If this card is flipped face-up by an attack and would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed. During either player's turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. This effect of "Suspicious Owl" can only be activated once per turn.

Card Zwei

Trials of a Xyz
Continuous Trap
Activate this card by having your opponent declare a card type (Monster,Spell, or Trap). When your opponent Summons a Xyz monster: your opponent randomly reveals 1 card in your hand. If the revealed card is not the declared type: all monsters are detached from that Xyz monster. Also, when a Xyz monster your opponent controls declares an attack: your opponent reveals either the top or bottom card of your Deck. If the revealed card is not the declared type: that Xyz monster is destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase.

Ugh... neither are very good. Both cards suffer from the fact that your opponent probably has a 50% or greater chance of getting it right because most Decks run 50% or more of a certain card type. Trials of a Xyz is really susceptible to Spell/Trap removal. Considering the fact that not all Decks use a great deal of Xyz, it would have to be sided and most of the time there are better sides to use. I also dislike this type of card, against the right Deck, it just leads to almost Lame Duck game state. So I'll vote for the Owl. It's rather slow, but the once per turn battle immunity is cool, it's a tuner with passable stats and it's effect can be used over and over. It can be somewhat usable, but it's slow.

Card A is a decent tuner, with a luck-based  Duality. Given it isn't entirely sure what the numbers are, we might as well take into account the 2/3rds of a chance for a positive effect.

The same goes for Card B (weirdly, considering it isn't really a part of the condition), but it's quite susceptible to removal, slowed down by being a trap, and just meh.

Vote for Card A.

Suspicious Ice Owl is confusing, there is some awkward phrasing in the lore which really should have been filtered out... 

Anyway, when is the card revealed? If it is before they choose a card and before declaring 1 card type, then they will always be correct? I could not play this card because its conditions are so vague. 

Besides that, for a level 4 tuner, not being able to be destroyed by battle when face-down, along with the card's effect seems a bit much to me...

Card B is a bit situational, it's ok though. A card based on this requirement is bound to be circumstancial, although the effect could probably be a bit more crippling to make up for how circumstantial it is. 

However, it is continuous, which makes it fairly usable. 

I'd probably want some clarification on Card A before making my vote.

Suspicious Ice Owl is confusing, there is some awkward phrasing in the lore which really should have been filtered out... 

Anyway, when is the card revealed? If it is before they choose a card and before declaring 1 card type, then they will always be correct? I could not play this card because its conditions are so vague. 

Besides that, for a level 4 tuner, not being able to be destroyed by battle when face-down, along with the card's effect seems a bit much to me...

Card B is a bit situational, it's ok though. A card based on this requirement is bound to be circumstancial, although the effect could probably be a bit more crippling to make up for how circumstantial it is. 

However, it is continuous, which makes it fairly usable. 

I'd probably want some clarification on Card A before making my vote.

You look at the 3 cards yourself, reveal one of them as a cost, then you say a card type, then your opponent chooses one of the 3 cards (without seeing the revealed card anymore, since it was only a cost), and if it is the one you said you shuffle them back, if not, you get to add one of those cards. If you happen to have one that isn't one you drew, you are certain to get your card by picking Spell when all you drew was Monsters for instance. That's how it basically works, I don't really see what should be confusing about it.

You look at the 3 cards yourself, reveal one of them as a cost, then you say a card type, then your opponent chooses one of the 3 cards, and if it is the one you said you shuffle them back, if not, you get to add one of those cards. If you happen to have one that isn't one you drew, you are certain to get your card by picking Spell when all you drew was Monsters for instance. That's how it basically works, I don't really see what should be confusing about it.

Sorry, don't mean to be condescending, but I can't help but feel it could have been phased better.

It is a more interesting card design, but I'll probably abstain from voting since you seem to be getting enough anyway. 

Sorry, don't mean to be condescending, but I can't help but feel it could have been phased better.

It is a more interesting card design, but I'll probably abstain from voting since you seem to be getting enough anyway. 

I accept that you don't vote, but could you maybe word it in a way you would want it to be worded?

Card A:

Conditional Pot of Avarice upon flip that is reusable. I liked it until it provided itself battle immunity when flipped. I didn't like that. It seemed rather pushed, and as an uncreative push to a card to make it better. The 1900 DEF on a seemingly defenseless Owl on a branch was fine enough defensive wise. You tried to hard to put too many good variables into a card.

Card B:

Xyz hate at its finest, and I feel like it needs some. Not because I hate Xyz, because I actually love Xyz, but rather because players out there who hate Extra Deck monsters while they bow and worship their Yugi Structure Decks and Season 1 CD collection. That aside, the card was creative, and I liked it. It lacks playability, but it wasn't nearly as pushed, or atleast I felt, as the Owl.

Really, though, it was a close choice, and had the Owl not turned me away from it with the battle immunity, I would have chosen it. Card B has my vote if the bold and cross out wasn't obvious

Card A seem to be able to make it able to have a lot more control of what it is doing. Card B just seems ineffective most of the time. Card A has more options as well, and it's effect makes it rather useful for other things you might want to do with them. So A it is.

Archived