[Leaderboard] ~Renegade~ VS. Therrion [Winner: Therrion]

Ren✧

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen. Cards Due: 
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 6/23/13

5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun!

[spoiler=Card Requirement]

Create a card that supports Gemini Monsters(Spell, Trap, or Monster)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

TheEmpowerer.png?t=1371495120

2 Level 4 Normal Monsters

You can also use Gemini Monsters that are treated as Effect Monster as Xyz Materials to Xyz Summon this card. If this card is Xyz Summoned by using 2 Gemini Monster as Xyz Materials: You can draw 1 card. If the drawn card is a Gemini Monster: You can reveal it to your opponent; draw 1 card. If this card is destroyed with 1 or more Xyz Materials on it: Increase the ATK of all face-up monsters you control by 500 for each Xyz Material attached to this card, until your next End Phase. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; select and activate 1 of the following effects:

*Target 1 face-up Gemini monster that is treated as an Effect Monster you control: Add 1 Gemini Monster from your Deck to your hand. The targeted monster loses its effect and  is treated as a Normal Monster.

*Target 1 face-up Gemini Monster: The targeted monster is treated as an Effect Monster and gains its effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

aoqm.jpg

If you control a face-up Gemini Monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special Summoned this way, you can discard 1 card to target 1 face-up Gemini Monster you control: that monster is treated as an Effect Monster, and gains its effect.

[/spoiler]

Is this your last match for the season?

Anyway, on to the voting. both cards offer something that is greatly needed by Geminis. Card A offers a boss monster for them as well as offering quite a few other effects along the way. It can easily be summoned with Rabbit, but without being played in a Gemini centric deck, it is much more beneficial to get a different Rank 4 monster out. What I really like about this card, is the searching effect. Able to take the power of 1 gemini to search out another. I also like the little bit of vengeance that is held within the card if it is destroyed before getting to do much damage. Allowing for a possible 1000 ATK boost for a limited time. 

Card B offers speed to the Geminis, opening up more Xyz routes, as well as granting them their effects. Speed is something Geminis have the most problem with, but this card is a nice step towards fixing that problem.

I think I am going to have to go with Card A, because of the searching ability. It is over the top creative, in my books, and really adds some spice to the card. Definitely wish I could give you guys both a vote though. Great cards all around.

I can't help but think The Empowerer is just a tiny bit too strong. Though it does have specific materials, 2500 seems like a bit much (2400 would be perfect). Now, for its effects, the card is very effective and playable, imo. However, I do think the card's design would have been better off with just the 2 detaching effects - the draw and the ATK increase upon destruction seem...random, and it makes the card seem almost cluttered.

Ardor, on the other hand, is a quick summon, which is something that Geminis lack and need. Also, the "effect-activating" that the card presents is key to the gemini strategy, and even with a discard, it's pretty easy to achieve. The Empowerer is flashier, but I think Ardor is better designed.

Card B gets my vote.

I'm not sure I'd say Card A is overpowered, since many of its effects probably wouldn't see any use in a single summon (not consistently anyway), but I agree that it does too much. The card has you drawing, adding and removing effects, searching and adding ATK to your monsters. It's a collage of ideas bursting out of a lone source, I for one would probably forget half of the effect and let my opponent get away with things they shouldn't. :P

Card B is the opposite. It Special Summons, and activates gemini effects, which for a level 4 would usually be overpowered, but the -1 card balances it a little. It would be a 3 card staple for gemini decks I'd imagine. It feels a bit too fast for me in honesty since having this card in your hand with any other gemini means 2 monsters + gemini's evolved form are pretty much guaranteed, and depending on the deck, a discard could be beneficial rather than a negative. I still think it strikes a fair balance though, and despite being simpler, suits the requirement more directly rather than filling the effect out with things that don't specifically help gemini monsters, but help generically. 

My vote is for Card B. 

I find Card A to be pretty overpowered. It's already got Utopia stats, but on top of that a WAAAAAY better effect, and it supports Gemini Monsters way more than they really need to. Card B is still quite powerful as well, but it doesn't have effects up the butt as the first card does. Card B allows for nice combos, and it's cost is fine for what it does. So Card B gets my vote.

I find Card A to be pretty overpowered. It's already got Utopia stats, but on top of that a WAAAAAY better effect, and it supports Gemini Monsters way more than they really need to. Card B is still quite powerful as well, but it doesn't have effects up the butt as the first card does. Card B allows for nice combos, and it's cost is fine for what it does. So Card B gets my vote.

Thanks for voting! Therrion wins 3-1! gg!

Archived