[Leaderboard] Zextra vs Zanda

Zextra

Rules:
• 1st card to 3 votes first wins, or that has the most votes by 11:59 PST on June 23rd.
• Votes must be supported by valid reasoning

Requirements:
Make an Xyz monster which has the ability to negate cards.

Prize:
1 Rep/Like

Voter Bonus:
Each successful vote earns the voter a rep!

Scoreboard:

Card A: 3

Card B: 0

[spoiler=Card A]

6cd.png

Effect:

2 Level 4 DARK monsters

Once per turn, during either player’s turn, when your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation of that card and Set it face-down on your opponent’s field. That card cannot be activated during the rest of this turn, and this card gains 500 ATK until the end of your next End Phase.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

sO2ZOWx.png

Effect:

3 Level 8 monsters
If this card is Xyz Summoned using 1 "Stardust Dragon" monster as any of its Materials, this card cannot be targeted by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell, Trap, Spell/Trap effect, or Effect Monster's effect is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation of that card, and destroy it. During the End Phase, if this card negated an effect this way during this turn: Destroy Monster cards your opponent controls.

[/spoiler]

Card A:

A very powerful yet balanced card, not granting +1's but holding off your opponent long enough to ensure a vital play gets through. A very well made card, and overall I like it. The ATK boost puts it on teh 2500 threshold, which is decent. The base ATK allows it to easily be ran over by Cyber Dragon, and the ATK boost is conditional and your opponent will most likely run this sucker over before he simply gets delayed by it. In most cases I could see your opponent baiting it by using Spell Cards he doesn't care when activate. Fiends tend to be the Extra Deck Monster Type that includes control of some type, so I like that.

Card B:

I really like the idea behind it. I didn't expect to see something like this pop up. It is a very interesting card, and OP in no such way before a whole lot of people come in and say they have a "feeling". The thing is, I find it significantly weaker then the easier to Summon AMA counterpart. The counterpart negates anything once per turn but also protects himself by sending himself to the grave, something this card lacks (protection after negating). The last sentence helps the weakness to a point, but most likely won't be used seeing as your opponent won't spoon feed you pluses. I feel like this card should've only required 2 materials, and had less ATK (3200-3300, no more then that) and been a splendid card. Dislike how the name doesn't have Stardust, but I'm just nitpicking now.

All in all, it is a hard choice to me. Both cards are really good, fulfill the requirements well, and aren't OP while also be controling. I have to go for Card A, just because Card B is weaker, in my eyes, then something that is easier to Summon, the AMA version of Stardust. Really, though, really great card Card B.

Both cards are very well designed.

Card A is a solid negator that stands out from the rest in the way that it's more of a stun card. Also, though it can negate both Spells and Traps, the card itself is quite vulnerable and weak when it doesn't negate. However, with a negation, it can power up to a passable 2500 ATK level, which makes the card quite solid in that regard.

Card B is very nice support for stardust, but unfortunately, the decks that can run it don't really have easy access to Stardust itself, aside from the use of Starlight road, perhaps. anyways, it makes a nice boss for Photon/Galaxy - far more formidable than Neo Galaxy-Eyes in most situations, but with the ease of getting 3 Level 8s out in a turn in the deck, it seems just a slight bit overwhelming, as your opponent would have one hell of a time trying to get over a Ssolemn on a 3800 body.

So while both are good and fulfill their desired purposes very well, I will vote for Card A. Nevertheless, I also enjoyed Card B quite a lot.

Card A: 

It is pretty easy to get out, thankfully it isn't too powerful so that is no issue. I like the effect as it strays from the predictable negate and destroy instead setting back down. Despite straying in this way, it is still useful as it allows the player to reveal their opponent's field and find ways around the traps they have laid before them. In this sense the card promotes strategy and thinking, a style of play I can really get behind. The ATK power is a nice bonus for it too. It relies on the negation to help stay alive. 

Card B:

Obviously a card of this caliber has to be powerful. And it very powerful. In some regards maybe too powerful, but in others not so much, for example: it can only negate once per turn, and ordinarily its destruction effect seems balanced for a monster like this. However personally, the "Stardust Dragon" prefix that would make the card immune to card effects more or less makes it invincible to an opponent that has a ton of work on its hands even without that effect. Maybe if it bought it an extra life I'd be ok with it, rather than infinite protection. It isn't easy to get out with this method I imagine, but it feels too full on to me even still. 

I'll vote for Card A. Both very nice cards, but I do genuinely prefer A. 

Archived