[Leaderboard] Zanda Panda vs Plainview [DONE]

Sander

1. All 1 v 1 Leaderboard Rules apply.
2. Cards due by June 11th, 2013
3. First to 3 votes or whoever has the most votes by the June 14th wins

4. Winner will receive 1 Rep from the loser.
5. Written cards are allowed.

Requirements: Make a Rank 5 Xyz that requires 3 Materials to be Summoned.

[Spoiler=Card A]PRuYPuK.png

3 Level 5 monsters
When a Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster's effect is activated that destroys a card(s) or targets a card(s) on the field: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. If this card has no Xyz Material: You can Tribute this card to target 1 Level 5 monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.[/Spoiler]

[Spoiler=Card B]2i9j86u.jpg

3 Level 5 monsters
This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If this card would be removed from the field, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. During each of your End Phases: Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. If this card has no Xyz Materials: Destroy this card.

[/Spoiler]

I kinda wanna do this, but... I dunno if I'll have a card ready soon. I might have to go in a bit, so if someone else turns in a card before me, take theirs. ^^''

EDIT: Oh hey, pro ninja skills Plainview :'O

Card A is a nice Xyz Stardust which is quite versatile, and thus makes the card worth playing. The last effect is a nice added bonus, allowing you to immediately set up your next Rank 5 play when it outlives its usefulness. Though honestly, why I like this card so much comes from the fact that E-Drags can barely do anything to it. xD

Card B is also solid as a card, but a bit underwhelming considering what it takes to get out. I mean, it does have the nice perk of letting it live through certain threats, but it expends its Xyz Materials to quickly that way, and honestly the self-destruction isn't necessary. I hate to use such a card as an example, but Ultimate Tyranno is far easier to summon, stronger stat-wise, and (for the most part) fulfills the purpose that Shaman would be used for.

Card B isn't "bad", per se, but it just doesn't seem worth the effort used to summon it. So I will have to vote for Card A.

Both cards kinda rub me in the wrong way, while 3-mat Level 5s are hard to earn, it isn't impossible, and can easily done by using Shark and Solar Wind Jammer and even Star Drawer can be used if you want to, but you would still have to use a lot to get there, so they would have to be good. Well, they are, but since the first card isn't OPT, it is pretty powerful with it's no target, though it also has fairly low stats for a 3-mat Level 5, so that's alright. The free Level 5 is pretty cool, while it might not happen that often, unless you find another way to get it on the field with no materials

The second card, I just don't really know if I like. The Susanoo-like effect on top of the no removal seems really cheap, so the only way to get rid of it is if you negate it's effect for a turn, with requires more resources, and ends up being cheap for the sake of that. The fact that it dies makes it a bit more balanced, but still, being able to take out that many with such high ATK is just not good design for me. Both cards have 0 DEF, so they can be taken out by Maestroke, but again, first card cannot be targeted, second card cannot be removed that easily.

I think I'm gonna have to vote for card A here.

Card A definitely seems worth bringing it out if you can make it, I mean 3 level 5s is a pretty big investment so you want something with a bit of insurance, which this definitely has. However I have an issue because there's no way of forcing it to lose mats your opponent has to waste 3 cards to get round it, and it has high enough ATK to not really be threatened. Therefore I think it is pretty broken as it forces certain decks to massively waste resources and it isn't even once per turn. Unless they can get over it, which certain decks can't, it forces you to waste 3 cards to get round it and then you can sack it off for a level 5 to go for another straight away.

Card B is far from perfect though, it has a solid amount of attack and it seems really cool to get over big fields but 3 5s seems like a big investment for that sort of thing, and the fact that it kills itself very soon seems a little unnecessary. However I feel it is more balanced than card A, therefore my vote goes to [b]Card B[/b]

Deity is basically the eternal stardust, except it doesn't blink out for the turn.  The lack of OPT and the 2700 body is balanced out by the hefty material requirements.

As others have said, Flaming Shaman doesn't really seem worth it.  If it crossed the 3k niche, then maybe, but even then, it doesn't give you too much bang for your buck.  Granted, the self-protection is nice, but not as potent as Deity.

My vote goes for Card A.

Archived