[Leaderboard] Therrion vs. ZandaPanda [Cards up, vote now!]

Therrion

All Leaderboard Rules apply.

Writtens allowed.

Cards are due the day after a challenger is accepted. Voting closes 4 days after the card is due.

7/30~~~8/3

Requirements: Make a Reptile-Type Support Card.

In that regard, I mean more so Reptile-Type centric, not really like "King of the Feral Imps" where it can be splashed in Decks hardly running Reptiles.

Card A:

[Earthspike Salamander]

[FIRE/Level 4/Reptile/Effect]

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can reveal 1 Reptile-Type monster in your hand, then target 1  monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict 800 damage to your opponent. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent while all monsters in your Graveyard are Reptile-Type: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.

1800/1100

Card B:

[Abandonment of the Tail]
[Equip Spell Card]
Target 1 Reptile-Type monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target and equip it with this card. If that monster would be removed from the field by your opponents card (either by battle or by card effect), destroy this card instead.

A LV4 that pops a monster on summon with an easy to meet condition (that in no way hinders you to boot), is not of my liking. . Even if Reptails are not a powerhouse on their own, this is too powerfull IMO. The burn is random IMO....Flavour perhaps?

Then there is that less efficient/viable Firedog's effect, it start plays, and works well with the first effect; its alright. The first effect is somewhat similar to FF Bear's as well; not that original.

Can't babble about this all that much, it's pretty simple card. Bring back a monster, protect it. As if it never even died. Without the monster being crippled in some way, or the card itself being slower/a burdon, this effect is unbalanced. Again, just because a type is somewhat lacking, does not mean you can make overpowered support.

Voting A, it is both more balanced and supporting of pure Reptile decks IMO.

Both are kind of powerful. I mean, you shouldn't just make crazy good cards just cause they don't have much support. That is just a bad idea in my book. That said, the first card may be considered the more powerful one, though I don't find it all that bad. The second card can however be reused by the right cards, and it gives the card protection, and it can be searched with Hidden Armor. It is more plain though, so it isn't that bad design that gives them crazy powerful cards, but it is still problematic design in my book. Card A just have a condition, and the second effect only works if all are Reptile, which most likely won't happen most of the time, since Xyz Summoning most likely will screw that up.

Card A gets my vote, even if it is also wonky design.

Archived