:Alive: First Warning [IC/Not Accepting] [Pg-16]

Yosuke-kun

[URL=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/331831-alive-first-warning-oocnot-startedaccepting-co-hosted-by-hi-im-dad-pg-16/]Alive%20season%201%20Logo_zpsa5f4emld.pn[/URL]

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZwgoYhoK84]Birds Poem[/url]

One hour. It had only been one hour since the golden cross had vanished, and yet to Riku it felt as if it had been days. A small breeze brushed his hair aside, as he stared off across the ruins of what was once considered to be among the greatest cities in the world from atop an office building that the group had agreed was stable enough for them to stay in, feeling a sense of utter hopelessness as he recounted the command that the Tenjin had given him. 

"Survive in this world for one years time..."

Letting out a brief sigh, he fell onto his back and stared up at the rust colored sky, contemplating everything that had happened. He didn't even take the time to learn the names of the people who had been gathered. Hell, Riku still wasn't sure he believed that any of this was real.

"Maybe this is all just a dream?... Maybe I'll wake up back at home soon. Mako will be making dinner, mom will have just gotten home from work, and dad... Dad's gone..."

Another sigh escaped Riku's breathe and he pulled himself off his back and into a sitting position. Real or not, his situation remained the same. There was nothing he could do to change that part. Besides, it was better he didn't dwell on it anyways, lest he push himself into an even deeper pit. Instead, Riku thought of what he might be able to do that might make the situation they were now in more manageable. 

"Might as well take a look at that weird app." he said to himself as he pulled his phone from his pocket and slid it open. He'd noticed that since he'd woken up in New York the battery had not decreased in the slightest. The app probably had something to do with that. After all it wouldn't be much help if one of their phones died in the middle of a mission in which cell phone use was apparently so vital. Putting that thought aside for the moment, he clicked the :Alive: app to hear the cheerful voice of Yuel meet him.

"Hey there Riku! How're things holding up well for ya? You surviving out there well enough?"

"Well I opened the app didn't I?..." Riku responded sarcastically as he looked through the Majin Bestiary and the records of what's happened thus far. As the Tenjin Zephiel had said earlier, it was completely empty. There was one Majin recorded however, the same one that had chased Riku into Times Square.

"Lurking Gluttony? Huh, so that's what that thing was called..."

"Hey Riku you should probably go get yourself properly acquainted with the rest of your group. I don't mean to be all bossy and stuff but you'll need to work together if you don't want to die a bloody death!~" Yuel said as if nothing about that sentance sounded in any way messed up. Still, Riku knew that she was right. Even if they avoided combat entirely, which from the state of New York he assumed would be impossible to do, he'd still be living with them for a year, maybe longer. Acknowledging this, he closed the app, and shoved his phone back into his pocket, then stood; taking only a moment to stretch before heading back downstairs. He tried to mask the previous despair he was feeling with a blank expression, but he could tell he wasn't doing very well.

The others had regrouped on one of the lower floors of the office building, safely above the ground, but low enough so that they could still escape if need be. Riku looked at each of them then spoke.

"Umm I don't know if you guys did this already, but my name is Riku Satsura. I'm a college student from Japan, and I guess part of the last chance for humanity now." That last part was meant as a joke, but even Riku didn't find it very funny at the current moment.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Conturbatio

Luna after arriving in the very dirty Times Square followed Yuel's orders and finished in a building.

Time Square was all destroyed and in debris, everything was dirty and crumbled, but this office building strangely survived.

After a while another boy arrived

"Umm I don't know if you guys did this already, but my name is Riku Satsura. I'm a college student from Japan, and I guess part of the last chance for humanity now."

"Ugh, i hope this is just a dream, this was one of my favourite dresses and now it's all ruined by the debris! Yep, this must be a dream, now i'll be woken up by a maid telling me dinner's ready, and i'll take a hot bath! Ok, let me count my fingers... 1,2,3,4... 5 Aghhh! *slaps herself* Aghh! This is Real!!!!" Luna sighed

"But since we're ALL STUCK HERE! We shall do some presentations shall we? I'll start, my name's Luna Divona, 15 years old, i come from a noble family from England, i enjoy studying and reading, nice to meet you all! And also since i have 0 idea of what's happening and the app lady just said to wait, can someone explain please what's going on?!"

The arrival was very traumatic, after all she went from living "la dolce vita" to landing in a post-apocalyptic New York, but things would've gotten smoother later.

Deeper

Times Square...what was Times Square anyway... Amaris still stood there near the broken window, staring out at the desolate landscape that he awoke in. He still was in shock that this was even happening...what "this" was, he still did not truly know.

"I'm sorry to disturb you, Amaris."

Amaris' mind left his thinking mode for a quick moment, as he heard the voice of Yuel, from the application his phone had downloaded. "Oh...I'm sorry Yuel. Please don't mind that...I...sorta tend to do that." he said sheepishly, as he held the phone up. He had forgotten that she was talking to him and explaining things to him. "Could I trouble you to run that explanation again, Yuel?"

"I would be delighted to!" Yuel said cheerfully, as a few bubbles popped up on screen. "You see, like Zephiel mentioned, your Majin Bestiary list is empty, because you have not encountered any at the present moment." Just then, a small PING was heard as an entry loaded up. "Oh delightful! It seems like you have your first Majin Entry: Lurking Gluttony. It was shared by a mister Riku Satsura. As you can see, you'll be able to share your entries with the other survivors."

"Well...that does seem to be a helpful and handy feature." Amaris smiled, a bit impressed with the entry he just received. He lowered the phone from his gaze as he saw a young man step forward, as he thanked Yuel and closed the app out.

"Umm I don't know if you guys did this already, but my name is Riku Satsura. I'm a college student from Japan, and I guess part of the last chance for humanity now."

A young Japanese man...well now Amaris didn't feel alone, but this was Riku Satsura, the one who shared his Majin entry. He planned to go next, figuring this was a good idea for this group to do...but he was cut off by a young woman.

"But since we're ALL STUCK HERE! We shall do some presentations shall we? I'll start, my name's Luna Divona, 15 years old, i come from a noble family from England, i enjoy studying and reading, nice to meet you all! And also since i have 0 idea of what's happening and the app lady just said to wait, can someone explain please what's going on?!"

Nobility? I suppose she has a bit of a long road ahead of her with a lifestyle like that... Amaris thought as he rubbed the back of his neck and waved a bit at the group. "I'm Amaris Ishida of Kyoto...but I live in Tokyo. I...don't really know what's going on either, I mean other than what Zephiel and Yuel has explained...but in the same words as Riku...apparently we're part of the last chance for humanity..."

Christina Yates

She sighed, as she made her way up the office building behind the others.  New York.  She had never been there.  Now suddenly her entire way of life had been shaken, stirred, and then snatched away.  Here she was in the middle of what may as well be nowhere, with a bunch of strangers.  Surrounded on all sides by monsters, beings from other worlds, and now she was being told she had to help save humanity.  With this oddball group of nobodies?  Yeah, right.  She didn't know any of them just yet, so judging them right away was a bit unfair.  Still, Christina hadn't ever relied on anyone other than her old man.  And now he, and her mother, all of her friends, they were all gone.  For now, she was content on relying only on herself.  With that in mind, she turned a corner to hear the lot of them already engaged in conversation.  There were six others besides herself, three of whom were already introducing themselves.  A younger boy, slightly younger than she was, introduced himself first.  Apparently, he had come all the way from the opposite side of the globe on his magical trip to friggin' New York.  That must have astonished him.

Was he trying to be funny?  Christina scoffed.  "In the middle of a crisis, he cracks a joke.  I mean, sure laughter eases the tension, but come on," she thought to herself.  She leaned against a wall to the back of the battered building, and remained quiet for a while as the others introduced themselves.  A girl spoke up this time.  Judging solely on appearance, she looked to be even younger than this Riku dude.  And much more sporadic, if the word could describe her sudden behavior.  She was slapping herself about, counting on her hands hoping this was just an illusion, or some kind of dream.  But after she mentioned where she was from, Christina could understand why this girl was behaving so oddly.  

". . .since we're ALL STUCK HERE! We shall do some presentations shall we? I'll start, my name's Luna Divona, 15 years old, i come from a noble family from England, i enjoy studying and reading, nice to meet you all! And also since i have 0 idea of what's happening and the app lady just said to wait, can someone explain please what's going on?!"

Well.  She came from nobility.  She was probably used to being handed everything on a silver platter.  Lifting a finger was more than likely forbidden in a family like that.  The fact that she even spoke to someone like these other riff raff, was a sign that she was still human at least.  Honestly, Christina was expecting an entire other level of snooty and snobby once she heard 'nobility'.  This was surprising to say the least.  Other than the demand to know what had happened to her oh so perfect lifestyle, this Luna chick was acceptable.  Now, who else was going to give away everything about themselves in just a few sentences?

"I'm Amaris Ishida of Kyoto...but I live in Tokyo. I...don't really know what's going on either, I mean other than what Zephiel and Yuel has explained...but in the same words as Riku...apparently we're part of the last chance for humanity..."

"That's a bit interesting.  Considering how small a place like Japan is," she said noting that there were two Japanese residents currently in her midst.  Of course he didn't know what was going on entirely.  No one besides the alien lifeforms that got them here would know the truth about everything.  But being the last hope for humanity?  Too much responsibility.  

Christina sighed to herself, still saying nothing.  She wasn't going to just blurt out her name, address, and social for anybody.  She might give them a nickname, but that's about it.  Sure she would need to work with them, but she wasn't about to pretend she was feeling chummy all of a sudden.  Consciously, Christina made a decision to sit back and soak up information for a while.  Everyone else would introduce themselves, and she would learn what she needed to.  Unless someone specifically asked for her name, Christina would remain silent, and rightfully so.  

She balled and stretched her fists as she leaned back against the wall.  She took a quiet look at the remaining three candidates that hadn't spoken up yet.  Two other girls were in the group.  That made it four girls to three guys.  One of them looked a bit gothic eccentric, and the other appeared to be a frail thing.  She was incredibly frail looking from Christina's point of view, but she was here nonetheless.  And of course, another guy remained.  He was nothing short of average.  Minus maybe his green jacket, he fit in with the others.  Christina took note of everything she could grasp of the situation, and set a mental note.  "Names.  Three of six.  Waitin' on these guys now," she thought to herself still watching the remaining three.  

"Wait a minute," she was still thinking.  "Why the hell am I waiting on these clowns?  It's already been an hour.  Who knows when those damn monsters are gonna come back."  Christina suddenly started upright out of her relaxed stance, and began looking around.  She had to find something sturdy and tough.  Something that could be used to control their location.  If she disappeared quietly and came right back, hopefully no one would notice.  She tip toed out of the room, and ran down to ground level to begin gathering supplies.  Hopefully she could at least find a makeshift door.

As the cross in the sky dissipated, the group somehow managed to pull together and stride to find a safe location, away from all the crazy things happening beyond those invisible barriers that had dropped.  They found a safe haven within a broken down building, and were taking the time to recuperate and find their bearings.  Leroy had been dazzled the whole time.  It was his first time off the mainland of Australia...though these weren't the best of circumstances to be gawking at the poor scenery.  

It looked like New York City, if New York had been blown up by a giant meteor that is.  Once he felt like he could, Leroy dropped to the floor, hands under his head and one knee poked out.  This was his classic layed back pose.  He figured he could since it was resting time.  His phone shook in his jacket pocket with alarm.  Leroy picked it up.

"Good day Leroy!"  the app greeted him. "I have some important information you might want to loo-"

"Whooooah hey mysterious voice from the app i 'ave no memories of installing!"  Leroy said sarcastically, interrupting Yuel.  "But listen, I don't have time for all that magical mumbo jumbo right now, it's chillin time."  He turned his phone screen off.  Looking up half-assedly, he noticed introductions were being passed around.  "Sweeeeeeeet!  New friends!  Oi!  We're gonna 'ave a swell time!"  He thought to himself.  

"Umm I don't know if you guys did this already, but my name is Riku Satsura. I'm a college student from Japan, and I guess part of the last chance for humanity now."  This young man looked of Japanese descent. And what was this again about the only chance for humanity...Leroy didn't have the strongest attention span.  He remembered briefly after questioning himself about the main mission he and his new found friends were given.  Survive 1 year here.  Seemed to be quite the easy challenged.  They could make a base in this abandoned building.  

". . .since we're ALL STUCK HERE! We shall do some presentations shall we? I'll start, my name's Luna Divona, 15 years old, i come from a noble family from England, i enjoy studying and reading, nice to meet you all! And also since i have 0 idea of what's happening and the app lady just said to wait, can someone explain please what's going on?!"  "Ah, so a distant cousin!" Leroy thought to himself.  He didn't think nobility still existed in the homeland of England.  This must've been a certainly bizarre change of pace for the lady, not like it wasn't for Leroy.  He was just used to rolling with the punches.

"I'm Amaris Ishida of Kyoto...but I live in Tokyo. I...don't really know what's going on either, I mean other than what Zephiel and Yuel has explained...but in the same words as Riku...apparently we're part of the last chance for humanity..."  Another Japanese bloke.  They seemed to be main characters everywhere they showed up.  Leroy shrugged.  He thought it was about his time to dive into this Odyssey

"Oi!  The names Leroy!  High school attendee and pilot in the makin'!  Now you heard the ringas!  Well i didn't at least....but you all should know the situation quite right."  One thing you could tell about Leroy off the bat was that his accent wasn't very thick.  Sure he was raised in Australia, but not near many Australians.  His mother was Korean and his father Australian.  A mixture of those was what gave Leroy a neat little dialect.  "I'm sure we'll have everything figured out in no time!"  

Three other ladies were still in line for introduction.  One didn't seem like she was going to, he knew a tough nut when he saw one.  She mysteriously vanished after Leroy looked at the other two gals.  A dainty one and a rather goth one were the ones remaining.  He had spoken his peace and awaited the others responses.  

"I know we're gonna 'ave a hell of a time friend-o's!"  Leroy giggled and gave his iconic wide-eyed smile!  

"If only that P.E. teacher of mine wasn't such a wanker..." Destiny Barrach cursed under her panting, having only just escaped from that Majin or whatever it was that that voice from earlier told her it was. With one last... rather large inhale, Des finally recovered her stamina, and ventured further into the ruins of an office building that she happened to run into when a certain something forced that Majin back. She looked back briefly, wondering where the thing would've turned and ran to, before returning her attention to the ragged stairs ahead. Eventually, she came across six others, but instead of rejoicing like a normal human being would...

"Oh, bloody hell..." Destiny said out in the open, but wasn't sure if anyone had heard her. She'd been imagining that this was supposed to just be another one of her nightmares she always had this whole time, but considering she never envisioned anyone but herself during such awful dreams, that was no longer a possibility. Des had to assume, then, that she and the others had been trapped in some sort of alternate reality. She couldn't fathom how it'd be remotely possible yet, but so far it seemed a lot more plausible then some stupid ass bad dream that someone was bound to claim it as.

Des had recognized Luna right off the bat, albeit by face only. Luna was one of the many noble children (well, at the time she was a child) that Des had been spying on in her original life. At first, her watching was rather innocent, but after her bully trouble, Des could no longer help but give the nobles that she spied on with looks of pure venom. Luna was undoubtedly one of those few, but she was about to prove not to be so bad after all...

However, Luna wasn't the first to introduce herself incidentally. The guy who did introduce himself first went by the name of Riku Satsura... who then immediately made himself look like a complete moppet with his lame joke. Next was Luna, then this other Japanese male... Amaris? Ishida? Des could never tell with these type of chaps, for they always wrote their surname first for whatever stupid reason. Fourth up was Leroy the Australian. Meanwhile, Des had been playing the silent game for quite some time, gathering little bits of intel from the others... but had noted that there were two others that were yet to be accounted for.

One of the two appeared to be one of those androes, who seemed forgettable anyway. The other was who looked the only girl to have appeared physically older than Des was. From observation, it seemed that this girl was also playing the silent game. If that andro spat out his or her name too soon, then that would just lead to awkwardness, but Des didn't want to lose this silent game... so she had to think of something. There were only two ways to break the silent game, and both of them involved speaking to the player. One way was to guess what information they might be holding. The other was to outright ask for it and wait for compliance.

Eventually deciding to do a spot of both, Destiny began approaching this older girl, lightening her gaze slightly. She stopped about a foot from the young woman, and began observing the clothes that she was wearing. Grey shirt. Blue shorts. White and grey sneakers. Exposed arms and legs... Truth be told, there wasn't a hell of a lot that Des could gather from just looking at the girl this blankly, but in any case, now was the time to say something.

"You must be an American," said Des, before she looked at the redhead straight in the eyes, "Who are you?"

Christina

Just as she was about to make her escape from the rest of this mess of a party, she could hear an Australian-ish accent behind her.  She couldn't help but laugh silently, a slight grin crossing her face.  "I'm gonna have fun with that guy," she thought, just about to turn down the stairs.  Then, a female voice caught her attention.  

"You must be an American,"  the voice said.

Christina looked around at first, not noticing the girl before her.  It wasn't until those eyes met her own that Christina stopped.  She raised an eyebrow as the girl stared right into her own face.

"Who are you?"  she asked flatly.

Stubborn as she was, Christina wasn't about to just answer that.  Her facial expression quickly went dull, as Christina lowered her eyebrow and stepped silently past the young girl questioning her.  At first, the girl seemed normal.  But as Christina examined her, something was a bit odd about this one.  She was fully dressed in black, save for a scarf and trenchcoat.  It was as if she had just attended the funeral of New York city.  She was almost as tall as Christina, give or take an inch.  And a tiny bit bustier.  Christina didn't make any sudden noises or movements.  Instead, she quietly answered.  "Who's askin'?  And why?"  She didn't mind if someone learned about her.  But she wasn't going to make it easy.  She wasn't about to let anyone in with just a question.  But instead of dragging out the situation, Christina continued moving.  If this girl was actually interested in who Christina was, then she would follow Christina as she looked for supplies.  While the others were chatting away, she would get something done.  Maybe if she made some kind of progress, she would return in time for "tea and crumpets" as she imagined Luna saying.  Perhaps the monsters would be kind enough to not attack after dark, and allow the survivors to kick off their shoes for eight hours.

"This is a joke," she continued thinking.  Sighing she continued downstairs, into the street.  

Well the introductions were mostly out of the way now at least. Riku was happy, and a little surprised, to learn that he wasn't the only Japanese person there. To his relief, is country man seemed to understand Riku's intent when he made his joke. Leroy seemed cheery as well, which was a welcome thought for Riku, who the entire time had kept a negative outlook on their situation. The girl Luna however, seemed to be handling things in a different way altogether, and appeared to be in either shock or denial. Riku couldn't blame her really, he himself was still shaken after all. 

Two of the girls had already left, and the last one seemed too shy to say anything. Of course that made sense. After all they were all still strangers to each other, and giving each other their names before this was something you would not often do for a stranger. Nevertheless withholding information such as that given the circumstances seemed a bit pointless. 

"Umm, I don't want to come across as forceful, or like I'm trying to assume the leader role, but I think that we should stay together as often as we can. One of those... Yuel calls them Majin, one of them chased me into Times Square before. I'm guessing we all had a similar experience? Did... any of you get a good look at them?"

Before any of them could answer however, a loud scream echoed in through one of the lower floors, followed by repeated cries for help. Riku didn't recognize the voice itself, but the accent was one he was very familiar with. There was no mistaking a Tokyo accent for anyone from Japan, and from the sound of it, the screamer was female. Though Riku could not have known, Amaris would recognize the voice as that of the woman he'd proposed to the night before he wound up in Times Square, Asa.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGxLWcN06n8]Battle Begins[/url]

Riku opened his mouth to question what he'd heard, but before he could say anything he felt a sudden tug at his right ankle as he was swept to the ground. He only had enough time to roll onto his back to see a long tongue had foot, and he was being pulled towards the window by the same beast that had chased him into Times Square, standing hunched in the smashed window. Riku screamed and pulled at the tongue, trying to free his foot, but he could not loosen it's grip. Not only was it holding him with the strength of a boa constrictor, but the saliva made it hard for him to get a good enough grip. 

"Let me go!" Riku cried in fear as he drew colser to the Majin. When he was nearly within biting range of the beast, his prayers were answered somehow, as a long yari materialized itself above Riku, and fired towards the Lurking Gluttony, sinking itself deep into the Majin's chest and pushing it out the window. Unfortunately, this did not weaken it's grip on Riku, and he was dragged out with the Majin.

As he fell, Riku could hear the same female voice screaming for help, but he blocked it out. He was in free fall from several stories high with a bloodthirsty monster beneath him, holding his ankle with it's tongue. Past the first, he saw three more Lurking Gluttony's waiting for him on the ground. Did they plan to eat what was left of him once he'd ben splattered across the ground? Were they just there to lick up his remains?

"Use your Fayth Riku!"

From his pocke, Riku could hear Yuel screaming at him to use his Fayth. Only then did he remember what Zephiel had told them. The Majin are immortal to all weapons except Fayth... 

It was then that he noticed the crystal blue ring of energy that had formed around the center of his right forearm, hovering just above it and seemingly waiting for something. Alphabets from every language imaginable were spiraling around the ring, but somehow Riku knew they all read as the same word. The name of a being he'd always dismissed as nothing more then a fictional character from legend. Was this his Fayth? 

"Hurry! Call upon your Fayth! It's the only way you can survive this Riku! You have to survive!"

Yuel was right. Riku wasn't going to allow himself to be licked off the pavement by bastards like these. A surge of energy and confidence flowed through him as he gripped his right bicep with his left hand and read aloud the name that the crystalline letters spelled out.

"Izanagi!"

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LZziuxPMbo]Riku's Battle Theme :o[/url]

At once, the letters dissipated, the ring began to travel up Riku's forearm towards his hand and then divided and traveled a few feet in front of him, forming a long katana, decorated with dragons and koi fish etched into the blade and a black steel gauntlet around his hand and forearm. All the while the Lurking Gluttony had been dragging Riku closer to it while they fell, and now Riku could use the to has advantage. With a single swing, he severed the Majin's tongue, causing it to let out a ghastly wail of pain, then spun Izanagi to aim the blade at the Majin's chest, and plunge it through where the beasts heart might be, letting out a loud battle cry as the two fell to the ground. The Majin continued to scream until it struck the pavement below, breaking the fall for Riku, who had been strengthened now that his Fayth was summoned, and leaving a small crater where it landed.

The other Lurking Gluttony hesitated a moment, unsure of what had just happened. It was clear that they'd never seen themselves become prey on their own hunt. So as the Majin lay beneath Riku's blade, writhing and screaming in pain, they did not know how to react, nor if fear or anger was the appropriate response. A few moments later, the Lurking Gluttony that Riku had pierced ceased it's screaming and no longer made any attempts to escape. It simply lay their, motionless, before beginning to bubble and melt a few seconds later.

Riku panted as he stepped out of the crater and faced the remaining three Lurking Gluttony, ready to send them to the same fate that their brother had met.

All the introductions were done, everyone seemed like a cool type, there were 2 from Japan, a guy with brown hair and some other.

The building inside wasn't very decorated, the walls were mostly glass and there were some plants and some sofas around.

Luna looked around her, there were two girls, one in a black trenchcoat and another one with red hair "They seem like a weird couple, do they know eachother? They didn't introduce theirselves, did they?" Luna thought.

Luna started moving towards them and suddenly from nowhere a group of Maijins, a pretty ugly group i must say, attacked the building, launching out the Riku guy and attacking him.

"I need to help him!" Luna thougt, but Riku somehow activated his Fayth, at least that's what she heard Yuel scream about, which was a very pretty sword all decorated and beautiful and killed the beast.

"That was badass! Can you do it again! I wanna try these Fayth powers too! How does it work, do i just scream Fayth activate?!" Luna tried with 0 success. "That was worth trying." Suddenly a Maijin from before assaulted her and grabbed her.

Luna's battle theme

"Rude! Let me go! Help i don't wanna die by a stinky hungry monster!"

She could smell the horrible breath of the Maijin, it was a disgusting mixture of rotten egg and petroleum.

"He smells so bad! I'm gonna throw up! And then die!" She screamed

Suddenly, Yuel started screaming "perfect time!!"

A ring of pinkish energy was around her arm, it was full of hieroglyphs that Luna at first couldn't read, but then in a second they all were clear as crystal, and they all spelled Diana.

"Fayth activate, Diana!!!!!!!" Luna shouted uncontiously. "Why the heck did i say that?! I'm gonna look so stupid...." Luna thought

Around her, there was a storm of petals which surrounded her, she could hear the voices of nature and see the colors of the wind. The petals flowing around her then transformed into a beautiful bow, made of roots and blooming roses. She jumped out of the Maijin's arms and ran farther. "What the heck?! How am i doing this?! In P.E. lessons i'm basically a running artichoke, how am i so frickin' agile?!" Luna thought

Luna then started shooting him multiple times with her arrows, and then jumped on top of him, with just enough momentum to be high enough to shoot the Maijin right in the face with her arrow, annihilating him.

"How the heck did i do that?! I wanna do it again! Apparently these Fayth powers turn you into an instant badass... Just like in those magical girls animes that i love!"

2 stinky Maijins left, the battle was still open. And the other people behind her started activating their powers too, the brown haired guy activated Quetzalcoatl "oooh cool! i studied him in history last week! Now go and miraculously kick their ass!" She said to Leroy.

"Wow this adventure just started and crazy things already happened, let's see what the future will reserve for us..." Luna thought

Leroy was on the verge of taking a nap when he could hear what seemed to be the ingredients for a cat fight.  The girl in black asked the mysterious girl who vanished from his view what her name was.  Leroy was curious too, there was no need to be so secretive amongst new found friends!  

"Ey!  That sounds like quite the good idea now doesn't it!  And for that matter, why don't you introduce yourself ya weirdy!  Girls back home never dressed so dreary, mostly because of the desert heat, but that's besides the point ey?"  He noticed that during his questioning, the other fiery haired girl had left to head downstairs into the street.  "Now that's not such a bright idea love..." he sighed.  Monsters were running rampant and she was going into the thick of it.  The young man, Riku was it, had gotten up and spoken again.

"Umm, I don't want to come across as forceful, or like I'm trying to assume the leader role, but I think that we should stay together as often as we can. One of those... Yuel calls them Majin, one of them chased me into Times Square before. I'm guessing we all had a similar experience? Did... any of you get a good look at them?"  Leroy was in too much of a hurry for that nonsense.  Looking behind him was what everyone who died in a horror movie did.    But before he could utter a response, the bloke just up and ran off after hearing a faint noise.  Leroy heard it too, but it wasn't as clear to him.  

"Ahhhhh geez boy-o!"  He got up from his lazing pose and took a deep breath.  He ran after Riku, trying to holler him back to hang back with the group, but he could hear the screaming of a woman.  "Ahhhh so that's the issue!  We're bein' heroes now are we?"  He couldn't get there fast enough, he was a flyer not a runner!  When he arrived at the scene, Riku had been flung out the window!  "What in the bloody hell is this all about!?"

"The Majins Leroy...." Yuel spoke up.  "They took your friend."  A large crash could be heard from outside the window.  Leroy poked his head out, avoiding the broken glass and what have you, to notice Riku standing atop a fallen monster.  In his hands was a beautiful looking sword.  The girl Luna mysteriously arrived on the scene with a bow in her hands as well, destroying a monster miraculously.  There were only two remaining now.  "Riku and Luna have summoned their fayth,  But your new friends need your help..... will you join them?"  Leroy's arm grew a sharp emerald hue, swirling above his forearm was a circle of foreign words.  He could read it...but how.  Aloud, he spoke the word.  

"Quetzalcoatl..."  

The forces of wind could be felt dancing all around Leroy.  He could see a feathered serpent wrap around him, empowering him.  And as if by magic, a long staff appeared out of the twisting winds, each tipped coated with emerald tips.  A long serpent could be seen flowing from side to side, printed onto the staff.  With adrenaline pumping through his veins, he jumped out of the window.  He felt lighter...stronger...so free!  He pushed the air around him, letting his arms stick out as if he himself became an aerial craft.  He swooped above his 2 comrades, and as he passed he winked at them.  A gust of air gathered behind him as soon as he flew past Riku and Luna.  Before he passed the two monsters, who were licking and drooling as he neared, the gust sent them flying far back.  They landed with a thud, they weren't down for the count, but they had to get their composure back.  Leroy hovered inches above the ground, eyes watering and mouth agate.  What a wonderful feeling this was...and all he needed was a little fayth.  Wiping his eyes he looked down on the other two.  "What the heck is the big idea ya brainless dolts!  Running off without your friends in tow...you're lucky i saved ya sweet behinds!  I should give you a big whollop with this fancy new stick i got!"  

It had been nearly an hour since the golden being known as the Tenjin had vanished and left with their grim task. Mia wondered how they, a small group of seven, were supposed to survive in entire world filled with eldritch monsters of unimaginable horror ready to tear them apart at the first chance they got. In the decaying building the small group of ragtag survivors had gathered in the others had grouped together, and seemed to be sharing who they were with each other. Mia was not so inclined to share.

"Why don't you join them?" Mia turned almost surprised to her phone hearing the cheery voice of Yuel. "You know if you want to survive you'll have to work with them some time."

"When that time comes I'll work it out then," Mia responded quietly casting a weary eye at the other survivors. 

"You know not talking makes you seem very suspicious~" Yuel chirped, "you know they'll probably find your secret out eventually. Kinda hard to hide something like that under wraps without all your tools y'know~"

"Shut it!" Mia hissed roughly shutting the phone closed, and  cursing himself for not wearing something with pockets. Turning around Mia faced the others, but she couldn't seem to focus on anything that any of them said. His were ringing. The possibility that any of them could find out his secret horrifying. Sickening. What would they think of him, they would probably think he was a freak. It was a selfish thought, but what was the point in living in a world if somebody knew his secret. Knew what he had become. 

A woman's scream broke Mia out of his silence his head whipped up looking around the room, but none of his companions seemed to be making any sounds, in fact they seemed as shocked as Mia was. Suddenly one of the monsters Yuel had warned them of earlier showed up wrapping its tongue around on of the ankle of one of the boys in their group. 

All at once Mia's allies, if he could call them that, erupted into action using something called fayth to fight back the monsters. Mia ran to the window the other boy had been dragged out of looking down at the others fighting. 

"Shouldn't you help them~" came Yuel's voice again.

"What can I do?" Mia said opening the phone again staring almost panicked at the digital woman.

"Use your fayth."

"How!?" 

"You have to figure that out yourself," Yuel said blinking away leaving only the :Alive: home screen. Mia stared horrified at the screen before looking back at his allies what could he possibly do!?

Before the Attack

"Who's askin'? And why?"

"No reason," replied Destiny as the mystery girl slided past her and went about her business. But before Des caught vision of her again, she was already out the door, venturing outside the safety zone of the broken down office building. Des sat down at the top of the stairs, and while she waited for what she thought was the girl's inevitable return, she flicked through her phone and started deleting the apps that were no longer useful to her. Before she got to the :Alive: Survival app, though...

"Ey! That sounds like quite the good idea now doesn't it! And for that matter, why don't you introduce yourself ya weirdy! Girls back home never dressed so dreary, mostly because of the desert heat, but that's besides the point ey?"

That voice just had to be from Leroy the Australian. For that matter, Leroy never gave his surname like the others did. It could've easily been Jenkins for all Des knew! But she was fine with assuming that nonetheless; if nothing else, it could potentially fit his character.

"My name is not Ya Weirdy," Des stated in a cold tone, before softening it again, "Just call me Des. Oh, and tell the others I'm going to find the one that buggered off, yeah?"

With that, she headed down the stairs and out the door as well. Des was on a mission, and wasn't about to slow down for anything.

Present Time

Unaware that the party's hideout was under attack, Destiny continued to walk down the streets of Times Squares, still seeing no signs of that redheaded American. What she was seeing signs of would've unnerved most people, but Des was over it the minute she reached safety. She began sifting through debris, moving stuff out of her way and squeezing past tight gaps, but none of that got her anywhere. However, just after she clambered out of a building and back on the street.

"It's been a long time, Destiny. We missed you so much."

"Where ye been all our lives?"

Des couldn't help but pause, with the two voices etched on her mind. The first had sounded like her mother Phoenix, while the other resembled her father Horas. Neither of the parents had spoken to Des in such a long time that they may have forgotten that she even existed... which is exactly why it raised a red flag in her mind. She whipped out her cellphone again, and opened the :Alive: Survival app immediately.

"Oh, hi there, Destiny!" chimed an oddly familiar voice, "You didn't give me a chance to introduce myself. My name is Yuel, and I'm the one that..."

"...told me about the Majin, I know," Des intervened, "You also told me that there were supposed to be seven of us!"

"That's right, there's a total of seven survivors, including..." Yuel started off in the same happy tone, before clicking on to what Des had meant, "This is bad. Try not to panic Des, but there maybe at least one Lying Ripper nearby your location."

"Lying what?"

"Rippers. They're very dangerous. You're gonna have to use your Fayth and prepare to defend yourself."

"Use my...? Tch, now you're just not making any bloody sense!" Destiny scoffed, before closing the app and pocketing the phone again... only to note something around her right forearm that she swore was never there before. It was a set of hieroglyphs that Des should've had no hope in hell of reading. And yet somehow she was able to. Deciding to put her trust in Yuel, Des closed her eyes, and stretched out her right arm.

"Thanatos..."

In an instant, a sinister sword materialized for Destiny to grab. Chains surrounded the handle. The hilt was shaped like a skull, and two glass orbs were socketed where the skull's eyes would be, with a larger one near the tip of the blade itself. Des opened her eyes and examined the sword, but before she could admire the craftsmanship of the sword or how cool it appeared to her...

"I love you, Destiny. I deeply apologize for not being able to express that correctly. I just want you to know that your father and I care about you very much."

That was the last straw. If that first Lying Ripper was going to be successful at fooling Des, it would've never said that. Her angered welled, and as it did, the aura coating the blade of Thanatos swirled faster and grew, until it filled the entire blade with the color of black. Then finally, Destiny let it all go.

"Like you cared about any bloody thing but MONEY!!" Des yelled at the top of her lungs, swinging Thanatos with all her might. An arcing black shockwave was fired off as she swung, decapitating several ruined street lights in its wake... only to miss its mark completely. Believing that it can't have been where she was aiming, Des looked frantically for the Lying Ripper that she was supposed to have engaged in combat. But there was no sign if it... until it delivered an uppercutting slash right along her back, which sent her flying into a decayed wall that had collapsed under the impact. Des slowly got up to her feet.

Destiny's Battle Theme

From there, Des' body moved on its own, charging the position that she was previously struck down from since she believed the Lying Ripper would still be there. Sure enough, the Majin appeared in front of Des in a blink of an eye, but this time she was ready. She thrust Thanatos straight into the beast's rib cage, and then kicked it off to give room for a full swing. This was intercepted by some of the spines protruding the Lying Ripper's elbows, and with that momentum stopped, the creature pushed Des back and onto the ground before lunging at her with jaws open wide. However, Des rolled out of the way just in time, and then jumped on the Ripper's back for another thrust... only for the Majin to launch himself into the wall of another ruin, crushing Des in the process. But there was no way she was giving up; not while she still had a score to settle.

There was no sight of it again at first, and as she recovered, Des found herself searching far and wide for it. The Lying Ripper lay in wait around the corner of the building that it had previously launched itself against, camouflaged by its abilities and ready to finish Des off with an unsuspected crunching of neck bone and trachea lining. But, anticipating something like that, Des lined up another Consuming Arc, building up the aura from Thanatos until the blade turned black again. And then she fired, letting off a large dust cloud in the shockwave's wake. Ambush failed, the Majin scurried away from the building and charged Des at full force. However, Des' eyes glowed brightly, sclera changing to black, and this was somehow slowing the beast down considerably. It tried to muscle its way into position, but ultimately succumbed to a hypnotic suggestion that had been racking its way into the beast's brain. With the Lying Ripper felled into a slumber, Des approached at power-walking pace, her eyes returning to normal as she gripped Thanatos tightly. It was now or never; the time to kill the beast that lay before her had come...

"I'm not gonna die here!" with this, a horizontal slash had cut right across the abdomen of the Majin.

"Not this time!" Des immediately followed that up with a diagonal slash that started from its left shoulder.

"Not to you!" a good cleave on the right shoulder.

"And certainly not until I know what it means to live in the first place!" finally, five more slashes that Des has made all over the place, and the Lying Ripper was down for the count. All the while, the injuries that she'd suffered were being healed by Thanatos as Des made each cut. However she was still heaving and wheezing from the tough battle before, leaving the Majin for dead, she pulled out her phone and opened the :Alive: Survival app once more.

"Good job, Destiny!" Yuel exclaimed in an excited manner, "You slew your first Majin!"

"No shit..." Des had still been panting as she said this, "There was another Ripper... trying to imitate my old man... I need to find it..."

"We've got no time; we still need to find that older girl," stated Yuel, who then brought up a map with a red dot on it, "Here's the map. Red dot's where I think she is. Now go to that dot and please hurry."

Des rolled her eyes, but did as instructed anyway. She would feel safer if she'd dealt with that second Lying Ripper first, but according to Yuel, the more important thing was to find that mystery girl with the blatantly obvious death-wish.

Amaris heard the scream and he froze. There was no mistaking it...it was her voice.

"Asa!" Amaris shouted as he rushed off to the lower floors, not realizing that the group of survivors was being attacked by the Majin.

"Amaris! Why did you run off?"

He heard Yuel quickly chime in as he hopped a few stairs, still rushing towards the main floor. "That scream...that voice...I know it! It has to be her!" Amaris quickly said back, still rushing down the stairs as fast as he could.

"Amaris...what that was may not be what you want to see..."

Yuel spoke these words to Amaris, but he paid no heed to it. He just needed to find Asa, and soon. He rushed right into the main floor, only to see it completely empty and barren. Puzzled, the young man walked around as he called for the young woman he knew. "Asa! Asa! It's Amaris...where are you?!" No answer was met, only the sounds of silence...

Suspense

Before too long, something stirred around Amaris as he was quickly knocked back into the wall. He groaned as he slowly got up, before seeing the faint image of a creature...it was a Majin. When he tried to throw something at it...it was almost like it vanished before his eyes. He felt his heart going ninety miles an hour as he looked around the main floor for this creature.

"Yuel...what the hell is this?!" he said, fumbling to get his phone out.

When Amaris pulled out the phone, the list of Majin opened up and revealed a new entry: Lying Ripper. "It was as I figured. It's known as the Lying Ripper...in short...it lured you in here."

Amaris stood there in disbelief until his back was struck at, knocking him on the floor, until he saw the Lying Ripper before him once again...and from its mouth...it spoke and made the young man shudder.

"Amaris...what's wrong? It's me...Asa~ C'mon...don't fight..."

This voice...it was Asa's...and this creature...it... Amaris slowly stood up as the Lying Ripper disappeared again, as his fists clenched tightly. "Using...Asa's voice...you...BASTARD!!!" he yelled as now he felt a huge surge of energy surrounding his arms as he felt different.

"Amaris...use the Fayth you have sleeping within you! It's your only hope to defeat the Majin!"

Yuel spoke this to Amaris, as he watched as a very light blue circle of foreign or ancient words began to circle his arms as he tried to read them. At first he couldn't...but now...now he could. With a fierce determination, he spoke the word:

"TSUKUYOMI!!!"

Amaris' Battle Theme

The letters dissipated as now they began to form something in Amaris' hands, a pair of crescent moon blades. He gripped them tightly as he could almost hear the Majin hissing at the appearance of these blades. His eyes narrowed as he surveyed the area...somehow...he felt different. He heard stirring on his left, as he jumped back, seeing the Lying Ripper appear from his left, striking but missed completely.

"I see now...you appear visible when you strike...good to know!" Amaris said, as he rushed forward and in one fluid motion, knocked the Lying Ripper into the air and back towards the lobby's wall. He watched it begin to writhe in pain, as he slowly approached it, hearing it begin to speak again.

"A-Amaris...! Please don't..."

"You still continue to use her voice...how low can you creatures be?!" Amaris demanded, as his blades began to shine brightly. "Don't you ever bring Asa into this, you damn bastard!!!"

He yelled as he struck at the Lying Ripper once more, before hearing it howl out in pain, as he watched it bubble up and melt. With this, Amaris slowly turned around, and made his way back to the others, almost with a tear in his eye....

Christina

She had managed to get away from the others, now unaware that they were being attacked.  She had some ideas of her own, however.  She intended to fortify the location that the survivors had managed to hole up inside of.  Despite trying not to care, she had to play the role of the big sister, so to speak.  Luckily, it didn't take Christina a long time to find what she was looking for.  There were hundreds of them, strewn about the streets, abandoned by their now deceased owners.  Some had been rammed into each other, most appeared burned out and unusable.  However, Christina was fortunate to find one that was still working.  She opened the doors of the machine, and climbed inside.  Closing the door behind her, she sealed herself inside.  She plucked around the beast to find it's ignition keys.  "I wonder if . . . " she said as she flipped down a vinyl visor.  "Tch.  Of course."  She put the keys into the ignition, and began to pray.  "This had better work," she said turning the key.  Just then, a powerful roar called beneath her, and the SUV powered on.  "Yes!" she said pumping her fist.  However, the vehicle was low on gas, and in need of repair.  She could only do a tiny bit of work on this type of SUV, and wasn't sure how long it would last with six others.  At best, two could fit in the open rear seating, three in the middle, and one passenger including herself if she was driving.  It had been a long time since she had been behind the wheel of a vehicle.  Christina shifted the SUV into drive, and began to maneuver around debris and other cars.

Occasionally, if she saw something interesting on her drive, she would stop by and grab it if she could.  Risky as it was, Christina was in full on gatherer mind set, and continued to look out for anything she could salvage.  Unfortunately, there wasn't much.  Most food she found was already spoiled or turning to dust.  There were no working flashlights or batteries to be found.  However, she was able to secure several heavy sheets of metal.  Perhaps the rest of her crew could use them to fortify their current location.  And if not, she would find a use for these sheets of metal.  She tied the metal down to the top of the car using some rope she found in the very back, and began heading back towards the strangers she now had to care for.

On her way, Christina's cell phone beeped again, and she could hear Yuel's voice coming out of her pocket.  Sighing, she pulled her phone out of her pocket, and looked at it.  "Ya know, I'm not supposed to be talking and driving," she said to Yuel quickly.

"Now Christina, it's good to see you take some initiative, but really, you could have waited a bit lon--"

"For what?  For everybody to get chummy and try to pretend they give a shit about one another?  I don't have time for that."

Yuel sighed.  It was going to take a lot to get through to Christina.  "While you were off looking for supplies, they were attacked."

The SUV came to a screeching stop.  "Say what!?" she said trying not to yell.  "Why didn't you say something!?"  She floored on the gas, trying to get back to the group faster.  Yuel however, was laughing at Christina.

"They're fine, Christina.  See?  You do care." Yuel said as the SUV slowed down a bit.  Christina let out a low growl, irritated with Yuel.  "I don't care, I just--look.  These are the last other human beings on the friggin' planet, right?"  Yuel did not reply, as she assumed Christina already knew the answer to that.  "I'll admit, I don't wanna go through this shit alone.  If they die, it would be scary as hell to go off trying to fight a bunch of monsters.  Especially with nothing but my bare hands."  Christina slowly turned a corner, and pulled over to the side of the road.  She sighed, running one hand through her hair, while the other remained on the wheel.  "Right now, we're kinda helpless aren't we?" she said putting her forehead against the wheel, staring at the cellphone under her arm.  "Helpless?  Why would you say that?" Yuel said curiously.

Christina went on.  "Well, I mean, we're only human.  We have no weapons, and--"

"Christina."

"Hmm?"

"You do have weapons," Yuel said suddenly perking up.

"What are you--"

"Your Fayth, Christina.  You have to call out to it to defeat the Majin."

"My faith?  Now, hang on, I'm not really the church going type, but I am religious.  What's that--"

"No, no, you silly girl!  Not your faith.  Your Fayth!"  Yuel said as Christina sat up straight.  "My Fayth?  Oh wait, the thing you said uh, we to awaken or some cheesy crap?"  Yuel remained silent.  "Well?  How do I go about that?  I'd rather know now than later."  Yuel giggled a bit as Christina continued down the road now.  "You already know its name.  You just have to say it."  Before Christina had the opportunity to blink, runic words appeared in her face, nearly causing her to swerve off of the road.  "Whoa!  Whoa!" she said slamming on the brakes.  "What the hell!?"  Coincidentally, Christina had turned on to the block of the hide out where she assumed the others were still hiding.  The runic words, however, continued to float in her face, disorienting her slightly.  Christina got out of the car, slamming the door.  "Yuel what's the big idea!?  I could've been killed just now!"

Yuel remained silent, as a clicking sound came from behind Christina.  She thought nothing of it, thinking it to be the SUV winding down.  "Um, Christina?" Yuel said with a concerned tone.  

"Oh no, don't you 'um, Christina?' me.  I wanna know what this crap is floating in my face!" she said angrily.

"Christina!" Yuel called out.  But she was too late.  A Lurking Gluttony had already begun to pounce, and was mere inches from Christina's back.  She turned around just in time to see the beast leaping at her.  Her eyes grew wide, as she opened the driver side door of the car, and the beast crashed into it.  The force was great, and knocked the door off completely, sending the Gluttony and Christina--who was still holding onto the door--flying backwards.  For a moment, Christina was severely disoriented.  Her vision slightly blurry, she could hear Yuel calling to her.

". . . istina!  Christina!" Yuel called.  

Christina shook her head, now realizing the situation she was in.  The Lurking Gluttony was still on top of her, with only the SUV door between them.  It was attempting to break through and kill Christina.  "Christina!  You have to live!"

"I know!  But what do I--!?"

"Use!  Your!  Fayth!" Yuel ordered.  "Say its name!  Do it!  Do it now!"

Somehow, Christina could read the runic words that still clouded her vision.  Hesitating, Christina cried out.  "Ares!" she screamed.  It was at that moment, a fire erupted on her hands, and Christina could feel herself grow stronger.  Startled at first, she turned her hands over and over, until she realized she was wearing flaming gauntlets.  "Ah!  This is just as bad!  Put it out!  Put it ou--!"

Yuel cried out again.  "Calm down Christina!  These flames will not hurt you!  This is your Fayth.  This is Ares!"

Christina shook her head, and kicked the door and the Lurking Gluttony from atop of her, sending the two far back and crashing into the ground.  Standing up, Christina examined her fists again.  She couldn't feel the heat of the flames at all.  It was if they were the same temperature and Christina was immune to the fire.  "Ares?" she thought for just a moment.  "Wait.  Like the uh, Greek god of war?  That Ares?"  Yuel replied with an excited, "Yes!  That Ares!"

A smile crossed Christina's face, as she began to grow excited.  She had studied Greek Mythology for a short time, and considered Ares to be a badass.  "Well then," she said rolling her shoulder now, no longer afraid of the Lurking Gluttony.  She put her phone away, and began to slowly walk towards the creature, pounding one gauntlet into the open palmed opposite.  "Let's unleash some hell," she said as the gauntlets' flames grew brighter and more powerful in her hands.  Just in time, the Lurking Gluttony rolled from beneath the car door, hissing at Christina.  It lunged, and Christina lunged back.

The Gluttony whipped at Christina with its powerful tongue, but Christina could see it coming.  She narrowly avoided it, and enclosed one of her gauntlets around the monster's tongue.  She pulled the Gluttony towards her with her left hand, and cocked her right hand back.  Spikes grew forth from the right gauntlet, and glistened beneath the flames.  As the Gluttony looked on to certain death, Christina yelled out a rallying "Hell yeah!"  She punched the Gluttony with as much force as she could, slamming it into the ground.  Its head was crushed and splattered, and its body scorched.  Christina stopped for a breather, panting and sitting just beside her kill.  "That was kinda fun," she admitted, pulling Yule out of her pockets again.  

Yuel was very happy with what she had witnessed.  "I wonder what else these things can do?" Christina said aloud.  The flames began to die down a bit, to a low simmer, until they went out completely.  "Hmm?  Guess I'll have to learn to control it," Christina thought aloud.  She took a picture of the defeated Lurking Gluttony, and saved it in her phone.  She put the phone away, and began to walk back to the SUV.  She was only a few blocks away from the others.

Riku was still for a moment as the three remaining Majin stared him down. It was clear that they'd never experienced pain and that they'd not seen any of their kind die in battle for a very long time. There hesitation gave Riku a few moments to compose himself though. After all, he had just fallen several stories from a building after being dragged out of it by a skinless monster that used it's tongue to attack it's prey. Even though he seemed to be in fine physical condition, the experience alone was enough to traumatize a person. But Riku's battle wasn't over yet. One of the Lurking Gluttony had apparently decided that Riku was was now too difficult a target and decided that Luna, who had apparently come down to check on Riku, would be a far easier meal. However, with a small burst of light and a flurry of arrows, that Majin too was put down.

It didn't take long for Leroy to join the fray either, as he soared down from the building wielding an emerald staff and bending the winds as he moved. Upon his decent, the remaining two Gluttony's were hurled backwards into a decaying wall, which grumbled in on them. For a moment Riku, hoped that the pressure of the wall had killed them, but as he the rubble fell to either side, Riku's hopes died. Yeah that makes sense... he thought. God forbid something ever be easy here...

"What the heck is the big idea ya brainless dolts!  Running off without your friends in tow...you're lucky i saved ya sweet behinds!  I should give you a big whollop with this fancy new stick i got!"

"I didn't do it on purpose! That thing had it's tongue around my ankle and then fell out the window! Not like I had much choice in falling what felt like nine stories down!" Riku retorted. Seriously, why would he fling himself out of the building after a monster that may have been dying anyways? He supposed that wasn't what was important anyways, since the remaining Majin were still off their guard.  It would be foolish waste this opening too. Part of their goal was to fight or maybe even exterminate the Majin too.

So Riku took that opportunity to strike, and dashed towards the Majin, crossing Izanagi in front of him to ready the weapon for his next attack. As he moved, Riku felt that he was faster than he was normally. He'd never been a very athletic boy, but the speed he moved at exceeded normal human capabilities. Even so, he felt no pain in his legs, nor did he feel his chest burn from exhaustion. This was far more than adrenaline at work, the sword and gauntlet he had summoned appeared to be drastically enhancing his physical capabilities. 

While he was reveling in his new power though, one of the Majin made something of a clicking noise to the other, which began to scamper off. The remaining Gluttony lunged at Riku and clashed his blade with it's claws. Sensing it would be the loser in a power struggle, the beast back off and stretch out it's tongue towards Luna. Without a word Riku spun around and sliced the tongue clean off, then dashed at the Gluttony once again to finish it off. However, this time the monster was ready, and avoided his slash by ducking under the blade and biting Riku's leg. 

Even though Riku missed however, the swing still had some effect. The force of the attack, while only striking air, was enough to collapse the wall behind it onto the Gluttony, causing it to release it's grip on Riku's leg and allowing Riku to back away. The Majin shook the debris off though and snarled at Riku. Despite the pain in his right leg from the bite though, Riku felt energy welling up withing him. As the Gluttony charged at him, Riku raised the sword above his head, focusing a large amount of energy to the blade, and gripping it firmly with both hands. The monster charged relentlessly though, showing no sign that it would back down. Aura began to swell around Izanagi's blade as the Majin charged, it was now only a ten fee away from Riku, but Riku stood his ground. The Majin leaped into the air, fangs ready. But Riku was ready too.

"Kuniumi!"

The second the Gluttony was just outside Riku's blade ranged, he brought the sword down hard and unleashed a massive blast of crystal blue energy directly at the Majin. Almost intantly, the Majin was completely incinerated by the tremendous force of power that Riku had unleashed. However, the following building had been extremely damaged, as was the building after that, and half of the next street block.

"Wow... Maybe I overdid it just then..." Riku said to himself as he fell back on his rear and Izanagi began to fade away into a shining blue dust. The power he'd been feeling before seemed to vanish as his blade did. Apparently the power only manifested while his Fayth was in hand. That could be a problem in future fights, but it didn't seem to have any negative side effects. 

Looking down to the bite on his leg, Riku rolled his pants up and began to inspect his wound. Surprisingly, the bite was not as bad as he had initially expected it to be. The bite felt as if it had been crunched on pretty badly, but the wound did not even expose the bone. How was that possible?

"You can thank your Fayth for that!~" Yuel chimed in as Riku examined he wound. 

"My Fayth did this?" he replied

"Mhm! Your Izanagi possesses an ability called Defiant Life, which will heal your wounds over time as you receive them, and even stop you from dying. Be careful though, you'll only be saved from death twice before needed to recharge your energy." 

"I see..."

Riku thought about pursuing the other Majin, but it was likely long gone at this point. That could be a problem, but outside of hunting capabilities the Majin seemed fairly stupid. They may not have to worry about a it returning either, but something still tugged at Riku, and he felt as if allowing that Majin to escape would come back to haunt him.

"Um, I don't mean to be a bother, but could one of you maybe help me back inside?" Riku asked, turning slightly red from embarrassment.

"Come give ya ol' man a hug, ye silly lass..." no doubt that was the voice of that second Lying Ripper, but the fact that it was fading was probably a good thing. Des wouldn't have been able to both combat another one of the cursed thing and get to that other survivor before she died all at once. However, Des moved in great haste nonetheless; she already spent more time than she wanted to out here in this desolate wasteland.

"Status report," she told Yuel as she was running

"I'd say you're about... 5 yards out," Yuel replied, "You're doing great; keep up the pace!"

Des groaned. The only good way to cover 5 yards of ground in high-heeled boots was slowly. It was a miracle that someone like Destiny, who only wore such things because they happened to be on sale one time and certainly not because she was interested in fashion, which she wasn't in the slightest, and who could never run to begin with for that matter, had managed to stay in a straight line for so long... rather than across the width of the road one moment on flat on her face the next. However, even if Des was the type to be concerned by something as trivial as that, she didn't have the time.

Chase Theme

In an instant, 3 Lurking Gluttonies had emerged from a ruin that Des had passed by, while another 2 had charged her position from far ahead. Des only bothered attacking the 2 ahead, blasting them back with a well placed Consuming Arc. But the others were gaining on her, and one had tried to wrap its tongue around Des' leg. Seeing the attempt, Des swung Thanatos in a 360-degree motion, severing the tongue in an instant. More tongues reach for her arms, but she dived forward just in time, and then began a somersault just as her hands reached the ground. As she did, the tongueless Lurking Gluttony had moved in to bite her face off, but Des quickly countered with a Hypnotic Glare. Then, midway through her somersault, she could that the joints of her legs had made contact with the top of a corrugated fence... which she used to gain even more height.

Landing on her feet, Des pressed on, confident that the fence had slew her pursuers down. The lucky break was short-lived, as 4 more of these disgusting Majin had flanked her as she turned around a corner. All Des could do was use some of those tight squeezes she found earlier to maintain some form of distance. Thankfully, she was nearing her destination, and Des could see the girl that she had been looking for this whole time, seeming to walk towards a random SUV parked alongside the road.

"Stop walking like a bloody casual, ya twat!"called Des, hoping to catch the girl's attention and enlighten her to the current predicament. At the same time, she charged up Thanatos' aura for one last Consuming Arc, as she ran down what would be the home stretch, with all 4 pursuing Majin making a massive leap of faith of their own...

"Behind you!" shrieked a fearful Yuel, as Des what about to have her back riddled by fangs. But Des was on it already. In an instant, she fired off a familiar black arcing shockwave which sent the attacking Majin soaring into the air, having taken the full brunt of the attack. Knowing their life force would be drained even if they recovered, Des turned her back on the Majin and clambered into the passenger seat of the SUV. It was no Range Rover, but it'd have to do. The two girls had to get out of there. If they couldn't, it'd only be a matter of time before they became "Majin Tucker", as Des could envision Leroy saying...

Christina

She was just about at the SUV when a rather annoying cry rang out to her.

"Stop walking like a bloody casual, ya twat!"

She stopped, and cringed a little.  She balled her fist as she turned around to see the same clad in black girl from before.  "Hey!  Who are you callin--!" But her attention was grabbed by the sight of four Lurking Gluttony chasing the girl down.  Christina motioned to engage, but apparently this one didn't need any help.  She swung a powerful sword around and unleashed an intense wave of what appeared to be black magic from Christina's point of view.  And then, acting as if nothing had happened, the girl jumped into the passenger seat of the SUV.  Christina couldn't help but smile a little, jumping freely into the driver's seat (what with the door being destroyed and all).  Christina turned the keys in the ignition, and the SUV purred at her touch.  Putting the vehicle in gear, Christina drove off, making sure to run over the bodies of several Lurking Gluttony as they raced down the street.  Christina didn't want to admit it, but she had already taken a liking to this girl after her display back there.  

"Hell of a show you put on," Christina said striking up conversation.  That's when something struck her.  This girl.  She must've been looking for Christina for some time considering she had gone to get this SUV and had almost made it back.  Why did she care so much?  Christina should be nothing more than a stranger to her.  Though, to be fair, Christina was grateful that someone did show they cared if an ally disappeared or not.

There, just two blocks away.  Their hideout.  Christina slowed down a bit, wanting to thank this girl who had effectively stalked her.  Turning the corner, Christina spoke up.  "I don't know why you came all that way to get me.  Doesn't matter, honestly.  But you can call me Christina."  She had just given her name to a total stranger.  It was weird, but Christina, for once, wasn't unsure of what would be made out of it.  She parked just outside of the staircase, where she could see the boy Riku and the girl Luna surrounded by the corpses of Lurking Gluttony.  Meanwhile, that Leroy Aussie guy was hovering about.  This must've been the attack Yuel had told Christina about.  Well, they were fine now.  Christina jumped out of the SUV, and took the keys with her this time.  She put the keys in her pocket, and began to unstrap the metal sheets from the roof of the SUV.  She was at least going to board up the windows on their chosen floor so that they didn't have to deal with anything stupid.  There were several metal sheets, and so she called to one of the strapping young men to--

"Hey!  Flying Kangaroo Leroy!" she taunted.  "Gimme a hand will ya?" she called over to him from the SUV.

"Um, I don't mean to be a bother, but could one of you maybe help me back inside?" Riku said, he was still on the ground, hurt from the battle and the 9 floors tall fall.

"Omg, i'm sorry, are you fine?!" Luna said while taking him inside

While she was taking him inside the strange couple from before arrived in a SUV.

They reached the building's hall and put Riku down

"Let me check, are you hurt? One of my maids one taught me how to help with wounds and other various medical stuff."

Riku rolled up his pants to reveal a big wound.

"It isn't too deep, but you could still get an infection, and only God knows what kind of diseases are in this time..."

Luna touched the wound to see if it was bleeding and stuff.

A rose started blooming from the wound, it was crimson red, like blood.

"What the heck have i done?!" Luna shouted

Riku then started screaming in pain, it seemed very painful.

Then a few seconds later, the rose turned into an apple and the wound was completely gone.

The phone started speaking, it was Yuel.

"Congratulations, you have just discovered one of your Fayth's spells, it's an healing power, which then gives you a fruit, you may name it however you want" Yuel said in a happy tone.

"Wow, it both heals and gives food, that's perfect! And it's a blooming flower, so what about Perfect Bloom?" "Yes, that's perfect!"

She looked saw Christina, Destiny and Leroy outside of the building, so she went outside to help them.

"What do we need these for? Crafts?" Luna sarcastically asked.

"But now, Riku is better than ever, he just needs some rest and he'll be brand new!"

Amaris made his way back to the others (or in this case, just Riku and Luna), as he was being chased by quite a few Majin, these being the Lurking Gluttonys that Riku had seen before.

"Ya know this would go a lot faster if you fought them, Amaris..."

"Yuel...NOT helping right now." Amaris said as he ducked one strike from the first Gluttony, and dive rolling out of the way of the second. Without missing a beat, he continued to run up the stairs, before reaching the floor just before the floor he was on with the others.

"AMARIS! YOUR LEFT!"

The young man turned to his left, only to see a Lurking Gluttony's tongue smacking his side, as he flew backwards, hitting a wall yet again. He slowly stood up, holding his arm as he held his crescent blades the best he could. He couldn't just fight with these things...he barely knew how to fight with crescent blades. However, when the Majin closed in...something clicked within Amaris.

The crescent blades immediately began to change into a pair of pure white round blades. He looked at them, before at the Gluttonys before him. He was able to block the first twos strike, knocking them back as he threw the one crescent blade at the third, as it ricocheted back into his hand.

"What...in the...?"

"Tsuki-sho! It's one of your Fayth's abilities!" Yuel said in her usual chipper manner. "It's a swordsman style. The technique you just pulled off is a defensive style known as Mamgetsu!"

"Full moon?" he asked, before shrugging and smiling. "If this is what I can do...then I'm down with this!"

The Majin began to strike again, as Amaris moved in time with their assault, blocking one, and throwing both his blades at the other two before rushing off to find Riku and the others.

~A few moments later~

Amaris had finally lost the Majin as he approached the top of the stairs, seeing Riku and Luna moving back into the room. He slowly approached the two and sighed, dusting himself off.

"Well...that was a lil eventful." Amaris said, in a somewhat joking manner. "What did I miss here and where is the rest of the group?"

The Majins had been dispatched.  He was glad that his friends managed to stay safe, he could tell the others would be fine on their own.  Everyone seemed to be settling down from the fact that they had just obtained super powers.  His suited him well though, now he could fly anytime he wanted.  just then, the fiery chick had just pulled into the building with a surprisingly intact SUV.

"Hey!  Flying Kangaroo Leroy!  Gimme a hand will ya?"

"OI!  There's no need for that, honestly you probably might as well called me a joey, or a wallaby!"  Amongst all the accents and nationalities from the group, Leroy's seemed the goofiest.  He could tell the girl was trying to egg him on with the whole Kangaroo bit, but he didn't mind, he rather liked kangaroos.  "Honestly it's a bit racist...continentist...nationalist?  Awww who cares, lemme give ya a hand then missy!"  

He flew over to the car as slowly as possible to find what she needed help with.  There were metal sheets strapped to the top.  

"Surprising how you managed to find a nice car in these conditions, what'd you do, hotwire it?  and what're we doing with all this metal?  You think metal's gonna stop those queer creatures from gettin' in here?"  Leroy didn't mean to sound rude.  Leroy looked at the girl who he had not known the name of, and then to everyone else, wondering what their powers were like, had they discovered them.  He noticed he was still flying and felt a bit pretentious.  He dropped down right in front of the red head inches away from her face.  He sighed.  "I'm still game for helpin in any way i can miss."

Christina

Christina continued to hide herself behind her aggressiveness.  She hadn't mean to piss Leroy off, but it came off quite badly.  But obviously, this Leroy guy was a gentleman.  As she untied the metal sheets from the roof of the SUV, she told her brief tale.

"Found this bad boy sittin' road side a couple blocks from here.  Keys were in the over head visor," she said as Leroy dropped down in front of her.  But he was right.  While her intentions were good, they proved to be fruitless.  After seeing what those Majin could do, ripping through metal this thin wouldn't be an issue for them.  "Damn it," she said aloud, realizing her mistake.  "Ugh, this was a dumb idea!"  She ripped the rope from the metal sheets and began plucking them from the roof.  She kicked the sheets a few feet away in frustration.  "I should've found something heavier," she said finally.  Sitting on the ground now, her back against the SUV, Christina sighed.  "Sorry about the kangaroo bit," she said at last.  "I didn't mean anything by it."

Now her head was a mess.  She was trying to figure out what else she could do here.  Well, at least they had some kind of mobility now.  The SUV was a bit banged up, but at least it was running.  Christina would have a time trying to keep it running from now on, but it would do for now.  She looked up to Leroy, wondering how he was flying.  And behind him, Riku had a face of horror about him.  Luna was helping to heal Riku, but obviously something had gone down.  "What'd I miss?" Christina asked right away.  

The mood had quickly become somber, after Christina returned with the SUV.  There were scattered bodies of Lurking Gluttony all around them.  No one seemed to be visibly hurt, but it was still worth questioning.  "Somebody did some ass kicking," she said complimenting the work of whoever had done away with the Lurking Gluttony.

"Christina huh? Sounds fitting enough. My name's Destiny, but... I'd prefer it if you just called me Des," the aftermentioned goth chick said nothing more for the moment, instead just taking in the admittedly depressing scenery. Christina soon stopped the SUV, and as the two of them exited, she called for a hovering Leroy to help out. Leroy had then taken some offense to the way Christina called for his attention, saying that he might as well have been called a joey or a wallaby.

"Joey. Wallaby. Huh." Des tried to crack a smile at what she just said, but that faded just as quickly as she forced it to happen. From that point onward, Des had returned to her normal brooding self, slumping down against the wall of the broken down office building and contemplating on the bleak situation. The whole party had to survive this hell for an entire year, trying to repel a force that would realistically grow stronger and stronger as time grew closer to the final hour, and what was worse was that any single one of them dying could've spelled game over right then and there. On top of that, Des hadn't seen anyone else fight a Majin before, so she couldn't say whether the others actually had her back or whether she had to do all the hard work on her own.

And then she started to think about life as a whole. Before, all Des believed humans existed for was quite literally to diminish the planet's resources and occupy space. She truly believed that with all her heart, as much as she didn't want to. Now all of a sudden she wasn't so sure. Back when she was fighting that Lying Ripper and being chased by those Lurking Gluttonies, Destiny had the chance to save herself, which she didn't hesitate to take. And this post-apocalyptic world had finally given her a purpose; a chance to prove something to herself. But did it really take being inches from death, a fate shared by all the mere commoners of human society, just for someone with such a negative outlook as Des had to truly feel alive?

Not knowing what to think, Des lay Thanatos to one side, and buried her head in her knees.

The fiery girl answered his queries.  "Found this bad boy sittin' road side a couple blocks from here.  Keys were in the over head visor.  Ugh, this was a dumb idea!"  As soon as she said this she immediately started tearing away at the sheets she had strapped to the roof. In frustration, she kicked them to the side, with an impressive force to boot.  "I should've found something heavier," she said sighing, and laying her back against the SUV.  "Sorry about the kangaroo bitI didn't mean anything by it."

"What's this all about!?  The tough girl act was all a charade now was it!?"  Lance rubbed his finger under his nose.  He didn't really take offense to her words.  "Trust me deary, i've been called much worse than the animals that are known to inhabit the good ol' island of Australia.  Ever been called a hobknocker before, cause if someone ever does, tell me 'bout it.  I'll knock the bloke's lights out."  He looked at the SUV and patted it.  "At least you found a nice ride to get us places faster!  And to that i say, swell job!  And that barricade idea was still a good one...if this were a zombie type deal..."  But this wasn't a zombie type deal.  Something totally different was happening in this time.  

He couldn't help but feel the hopelessness in the air.  Sure they had developed powers to fight these new terrors, but this was only day one.  He knew he couldn't gloom around like the rest of them.  The biggest source of gloom came from Des, whom he walked over to.  He placed his fist on top of her head.  "Oi...stop that dreaded nonsense!  No need for sadness here, we've got each other to keep spirits up!"  

He grabbed her by both arms, his arm now had the circles dancing around in all sorts of beautiful greens.  "Quetzacoatl, lets show the lady a nice time!  YAHOO!"  They were both in the air now.  "Now see how your fayth is all dark and forebodin'?  Mine's all about lifting people up!"  He flew her around the building at a decent speed.  He then placed her back to her original location, after circling the building three or four times.  He had hoped that by doing that he would cheer her up.  He looked at all the other guys in the group.  "Now don't get any funny ideas fellas, this trick's only for the ladies!"  He winked at them and laughed.  Then a thought crossed his head.  He pointed at the fiery girl.  "Hey Red!  Now's about the time you give us all your name right?"  Now he could finally figure out the chicks name.  

She went outside, Riku was still recovering from the seemingly painful healing.

The second she walked outside, the Red haired girl threw the plates to the ground by rage or desperation, while Des and floaty guy were floating around.

"Now don't get any funny ideas fellas, this trick's only for the ladies!"

"Don't try to flirt with me, floaty!" She shouted at him, when he winked at Luna.

"Well, i'm sorry if i sounded rude before when i introduced myself, it's just that i'm shocked, you know, we're in an apocalyptic world and there are many monsters that could potentially kill us, so you know.... But hey at least we have these cool powers!" She said with a short and little smile.

"Anyway, we better find another place, i think the maijins may have tracked us here, so we might get assaulted.... again. So we could just wait that Riku feels better and then we can go with this SUV to find another shelter, i guess"

"Hey Red!  Now's about the time you give us all your name right?"

"You certainly are a noisy guy aren't you?!" She said to Leroy as he was floating around and winking at every girl, not like there were many in the group.

"Oh, by the way, is anyone hungry? I discovered one of my Fayth's spells, it heals people and once the wound's gone, a fruit pops out... Yeah, that was Riku's scream from a few minutes ago. So who's in the mood for a bloody apple?" Luna said in a sarcastic tone to the rest of the group.

Christina

She smiled slyly, when Leroy remarked at her sudden change in expression.

"What's this all about!?  The tough girl act was all a charade now was it!?" 

"Heh," she replied.  He was both right and wrong.  It wasn't so much a charade as it was with Christina being the not-so-trusting person that she was.  "Yes and no, Leroy," she said standing up.  

"At least you found a nice ride to get us places faster!  And to that i say, swell job!  And that barricade idea was still a good one...if this were a zombie type deal..."

"Yeah, thanks," she said wiping dust from her knees.  Leroy was the most interesting of the bunch so far.  He had presented himself quite obviously, and this seemed to be his true nature from what little Christina had gathered about him.  He had a high spirit, which, in times like these, was more than welcome.  That being said, Leroy was as free as a bird, now off on his magical stick, after glomping Destiny on the head.

"Oi...stop that dreaded nonsense!  No need for sadness here, we've got each other to keep spirits up!"  

It was still strange to Christina, who watched Leroy pull an 'Aladdin' and sweep Destiny off of her feet.  How, in this world of circumstances, could someone be this bright and free spirited?  There was really only one or two conclusions Christina could draw, but they were too awful to think on.  She pressed the thoughts out of her head, as Leroy and Destiny soared about.  He winked at all of the ladies, and Luna was taken aback.  Christina actually found that to be pretty damn funny.  

Don't try to flirt with me, floaty!"

"Yeah, no flirting, ya floaty!" she said nudging Luna.  She couldn't help but laugh.  This bit was refreshing, despite the sudden dramatic changes to the world.  Leeroy carefully brought Destiny back to Earth, setting her down.  Then, he turned his attention to Christina.  

"Hey Red!"

"Hm?"  Christina knew she was talking to him.

"Now's about the time you give us all your name right?"

She stopped where she was, hesitant still.  Sure they had shared a laugh, but was she really ready to just reveal herself to these guys?  Something pushed her to do so.  A thought ran through her mind and urged her to accept Leroy, Luna, Riku, Destiny, and the others.  

"In the world, there are hundreds of thousands of keepsakes that a person can have.  But the only one that is forever, is your name.  That, is yours."

"It's Christina," she said finally.  "My name is Christina."  And while she was glad she could share her name, she suddenly became swept up in the emotion of where that quote came from.  It was her father's.  Just for a moment, she got really angry.  Then, her anger turned into a jolt of anxiety, intrigue, and excitement.  She was upset that right now, her family was lost.  But knowing this, she was determined more now than ever to fix these Majin bastards.  Each one of them was responsible for turning her life upside down.  And now, she was itching to pay them back.  Without thinking, Christina's hands became ablaze with fire, as she grew more excited about taking down the Majin.  Her gauntlets formed over her hands, and she flexed them tightly.

"So," she said cracking her knuckles.  "We just have to survive right?" she said to no one directly.  Heading towards the building hideout, she placed a single gloved palm on one side of the building, with her fingers wrapping around the entryway.  "I say, we don't wait for these Majin dudes to come to us."  She felt sure of what she was saying.  Christina's confidence in this one moment was sky high.  Probably higher than Leroy.  "This is a war of attrition, ain't it?  I think we should take these uh, Fayth we've got now, and we go to them."  Her fists grew hotter, as Christina came to her point.  "They flipped our worlds upside down.  They took away people and things that were precious to us.  So we should pay back the favor."  She grabbed more tightly onto the building now, forming a slight crack in the cement.  "We should track them down, one by one.  And crush 'em," Christina said with the emphasis on 'crush'.  As she did, she managed to crush a small chunk of concrete out of the side of the building.  It wasn't major, but she surprised herself, now holding a fist full of concrete.  

"Oh, uhhhhhhh," she began to trail off.  "Who's. . .with me?" she said suddenly unsure of how to control Ares.

Archived