[BT Single] Alexandros, Defender of Man

BT 

logo_by_peetzaahhh2010-d95t9ac.png

2___alexandros_proxy_1errata_by_peetzaah2___alexandros_ghost_1errata_by_peetzaah

5 Warrior-Type monsters with the same Level.

(This card's original Rank is always treated as 4.)

This card's Rank is equal to the Level of its highest Level Xyz Material. This card's ATK and DEF each

are equal to this card's Rank × 1000. When a Warrior-Type monster you control is destroyed; attach

it to this card as a face-up Xyz Material. Once per turn, when a face-up monster you control is

targeted for an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; change the target to this card.

If this card has no Xyz Material, this card's ATK and DEF are halved and this card cannot attack.

Trivia:

Alexandros is Greek for Alexander.

Alexander means to defend man

It can become a huge beater but I feel its effects are very underwhelming for a 5-mat monster.

Most of the decks that could get him out are Rank 4 spam, but in that scenario he's hopelessly outclassed by Rhongomyniad. The only deck I know of that I could see getting this card out would be Igknights to make a huge beater with their Level 5 or 6 monsters and even then its very difficult to get out, and rarely worth the investment( For 6's, Hazy Flame Basiltrice would almost always be a better option) plus, Igknights would want their destroyed monsters back in the extra deck, not overlayed to this card.

I would say the card definitely at least needs some built in protection, as in it's current state it is susceptible to pretty much all removal, and having your 5-mat monster removed is basically a loss. Destruction or targeting immunity is in my opinion a must for such a high-investment monster.

I also think the card needs a much stronger mat-discard effect, attack deterence isn't much (the attack redirection is almost meaningless, as the opponent just won't attack while this card is on the field), Utopia for example is almost completely irrelevant and only costs 2 generic level 4s.

I do not think any deck exists that could actually Summon this card, that also runs very high leveled warriors, in order to boost his attack by destroying and equipping a monster you control, and even if there were there'd still be the matter of having to lose a high leveled monster that will likely be more useful than this card anyway.

Maybe there's some rank-up nonsense that could make use of this card, but I lack any knowledge on that topic.

TL;DR: Although it can achieve very high ATK values, its high cost and underwhelming effect make for a very weak card.

Okay, so it has a really high cost, 5 warrior type monsters with  the same level is not an easy thing to do, in fact, the only Decks I think could really do it are 'Tellarknight and maybe Nobleknights at a push. But I'm guessing this was made for the former. It is not a particularly bad card. As it stands though,  it's just not worth the cost. The high attack and defense do give this card a certain appeal, is basically getting over anything that stands in its way the first time around, but because you need to detatch to protect other monsters, it seems like it would lose its OOOMPH pretty quickly.

Here is how I would change it

Up to 5 Warrior-Type monsters with the same Level

(This cards original Rank is always treated as 4)

Your opponent must attack this card if possible. This card cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects when it has at least 3 XYZ materials.This card's ATK and DEF are always equal to the number of XYZ materials it has equipped x1000. When a Warrior-type monster would be sent to the graveyard from anywhere, attach it to this card instead. When this card leaves the field, you can add any of this cards materials that would be sent to the graveyard back to your hand instead.

I'm not really sure how good my recommendations are as I have never tried to make mass monster XYZ card before but I  hope it helped.

Also I liked your little trivia section. I never knew Alexander meant defender of man XD.

It can become a huge beater but I feel its effects are very underwhelming for a 5-mat monster.

Most of the decks that could get him out are Rank 4 spam, but in that scenario he's hopelessly outclassed by Rhongomyniad. The only deck I know of that I could see getting this card out would be Igknights to make a huge beater with their Level 5 or 6 monsters and even then its very difficult to get out, and rarely worth the investment( For 6's, Hazy Flame Basiltrice would almost always be a better option) plus, Igknights would want their destroyed monsters back in the extra deck, not overlayed to this card.

I would say the card definitely at least needs some built in protection, as in it's current state it is susceptible to pretty much all removal, and having your 5-mat monster removed is basically a loss. Destruction or targeting immunity is in my opinion a must for such a high-investment monster.

I also think the card needs a much stronger mat-discard effect, attack deterence isn't much (the attack redirection is almost meaningless, as the opponent just won't attack while this card is on the field), Utopia for example is almost completely irrelevant and only costs 2 generic level 4s.

I do not think any deck exists that could actually Summon this card, that also runs very high leveled warriors, in order to boost his attack by destroying and equipping a monster you control, and even if there were there'd still be the matter of having to lose a high leveled monster that will likely be more useful than this card anyway.

Maybe there's some rank-up nonsense that could make use of this card, but I lack any knowledge on that topic.

TL;DR: Although it can achieve very high ATK values, its high cost and underwhelming effect make for a very weak card.

hmm. okay. thanks for the comment. I'll consider changing it.

Okay, so it has a really high cost, 5 warrior type monsters with  the same level is not an easy thing to do, in fact, the only Decks I think could really do it are 'Tellarknight and maybe Nobleknights at a push. But I'm guessing this was made for the former. It is not a particularly bad card. As it stands though,  it's just not worth the cost. The high attack and defense do give this card a certain appeal, is basically getting over anything that stands in its way the first time around, but because you need to detatch to protect other monsters, it seems like it would lose its OOOMPH pretty quickly.

Here is how I would change it

Up to 5 Warrior-Type monsters with the same Level

(This cards original Rank is always treated as 4)

Your opponent must attack this card if possible. This card cannot be destroyed or targeted by card effects when it has at least 3 XYZ materials.This card's ATK and DEF are always equal to the number of XYZ materials it has equipped x1000. When a Warrior-type monster would be sent to the graveyard from anywhere, attach it to this card instead. When this card leaves the field, you can add any of this cards materials that would be sent to the graveyard back to your hand instead.

I'm not really sure how good my recommendations are as I have never tried to make mass monster XYZ card before but I  hope it helped.

Also I liked your little trivia section. I never knew Alexander meant defender of man XD.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll consider it.

Archived