Grimm Nights [IC | PG-16 | NA]

Super Chaos Sonic

3IA0VJl.png

Once upon a time...

Four simple words that take you into a world of the unimaginable. Those words bring you into your favorite stories, of brave knights, beautiful damsels...and terrifying monsters...

How the knights and brave heroes would rescue the fairest of maidens from the dark and evil clutches of the monsters that held them captive. But...could these stories, these tales...could they be false?

What if...the monsters that we shunned in our favorite stories...what if they were truly the heroes? What if they were the ones to save humanity or the fair damsels from danger?

A strange possibility this would be...but it shows a new door...one that you need only say four simple words to journey through:

Once upon a time...

A month ago, in the region of Wilhelm

"Are they still after us?"

"I-I don't know..."

Two men hid among the ruins of the first civilization, trying to catch their breaths. They were afraid, exhausted and it was obvious...that they were not alone.

"How did this even happen?"

"I-I'm not sure." the one responded to his co-worker. "All I know is that we're doing our archaeological dig...and that damned lock on the ground appears..."

The other archaeologist nodded, as he kept looking around, seeing nothing. "We shouldn't have picked that infernal lock. I fear that we might've released a terrible plague upon Grimm." he said, moments before hearing a loud howl in the distance.

"T-They're coming..." the one archaeologist said, before he started running.

His colleague rushed after him...but it was too late. Before his colleague, descended a pack of strange creatures. He heard his screams for help, but it was futile...they had already began to tear him apart. He turned to run the opposite way, but he too met a descending pack, knowing he was going to partake in the same fate.

His deafening screams were silenced...as the howls and roars of these strange creatures filled the air. They had finally returned to this miserable world - the Lobos had finally returned...

Two months ago near the forest of Farway

Prologue

"Y-You can't be serious..." A hooded young man held a beautiful woman's hands tightly, as he pleaded with her.

The young woman sighed, as she looked up at the young man. Her beautiful sapphire eyes still being shown through her chestnut hair, as she finally gave off a warming smile. "I am Abel..." she began, before she let go of his hands and gently removed the hood from his head, seeing his brown hair and golden eyes glisten in the moonlight, along with the two horns that rested in his hair. "I don't want this to happen either, but Richard is on his way to kill you as we speak. You must leave Farway..."

Abel turned his face away from the young woman, his fists clenching together harshly. D-Damn...damn you Richard...why? he thought, as a low growl escape his mouth. He finally exhaled slightly, before turning back to face the woman. "T-Then...I will leave...I don't want to, but...for your sake, I will, Isabella." he said, before reaching for something in his back pocket. "Take it..."

"But what is it?" Isabella asked, as she was handed a small mirror. It seemed very ancient and worn down, but it still showed her beautiful face within it.

"A family heirloom..." Abel said with a soft smile. "It belonged to my mother, possibly her mother before. It's a mirror, with a way to always look back..."

Isabella held the mirror close to her heart and sighed. "Very well...I'll keep it safe for you, Abel." she said, before seeing the young horned man toss his hood over his head.

"Farewell...Isabella Candace..."

"And to you...Abel Taurus..."

With that, the two turned their backs and rushed off in the opposite directions: Isabella back to town and Abel, deep into the forest and possibly even further. As he ran, tears began to develop and fall from his face...tears no one would see...except for Isabella, who watched them fall by the power of the mirror...

Present Day - Foblé

"So ya let her go?"

Abel looked at the barkeep as he sighed, his hooded head slowly nodding. "I did..."

"But...why?"

"I had to..." Abel quickly responded.

"I get that. Yer whole life was in jeopardy, but 'ah still don't get it!" the barkeep grumbled as he rubbed the back of his neck. "WHY did ya just let her go?"

Abel was quiet for a moment, before finally sighing once more. It was the main question he had always thought about: why? He knew now more than anything...that he did it for that reason. "Because...I love her..." The barkeep must've been satisfied (or unsatisfied) with the answer and left the hooded man alone to deal with other customers.

He sighed to himself again, thinking now, with the Lobos running amuck starting a month back, they've begun to pop all over the place. And something was urging him to return to Farway. Something inside the young Jaeger just screamed to return to his home and to his true love, despite the bloodthirsty rage that he had.

[spoiler=OOC. Please Read]

It's time for our new story to begin! Everyone is excited, I can tell!

It's been a month since the reawakening of the dreaded Lobos and one way or another you currently find yourself in Foblé, whether by staying here yourself or traveling. You may go into the tavern/bar that is in town, where Abel is, or not. Whether you want character interaction is up to you. Also, feel free to even go into detail of your character and possibly what happened and what drove them to this place.

The stage is set, the players are in position...all that can be said now is: Good luck!

Walking down the Road.

The sun was bright, the sky was blue, and all was well... except for the fact that the land was now overran with evil shadow looking creatures from gods know where. That small detail would deter most normal people from traveling alone between the kingdoms... and yet there was one at this very moment that was doing it. Whether it was bravery or stupidity that caused him to do this was up in the air, but if one was to guess...

"Oy! Where the heck am I?!"

... They would guess stupidity. A hand ran through the person's golden hair as his fangs bit an apple he picked up earlier on his journey. His blue top and pants stood out among the green of the fields he traveled in, and the ripped sleeves of his top did nothing to hide the golden scales on his shoulders. The red headband tied around his right forearm flapped in the wind as the barefoot man walked. 

"I should have flown the whole way instead of switching to walking at the port...," he mumbled to himself as he continued. He then gently reminded himself of the things he accomplished because he walked: he helped a young child find their parents, helped rebuild someone's wall so they could be protected from Lobo attacks, and helped a cat out of a tree. If he would have flown, he would had missed all that. "Still, Epoch looks a lot different than I imagined...," He was told the place specialized in military weapon creation, so he expected a lot of machines and smoke and... he didn't know what else, but instead he got a wide open field and a lot of nature. Now if only he could find a town....

x393wz.jpg

He walked for several hours, unsure where he was going, but he felt he was headed in the right direction... and that somewhat worried him. When he thought he was going the right way, more than likely he was actually headed in the opposite direction then he intended. He shook his head at the thought. He couldn't have done that. If he did, he couldn't imagine how long it would take him to fly all the way to Epoch. A large, almost bestial growl caught his attention. Most people would easily confuse it for a monster, which in a way it was. It was the monster known as his stomach.

"Aw... now I'm getting hungry...," he rubbed his stomach as he walked. If he couldn't find a town, what was he going to eat tonight? Were Lobos edible...? As he pondered that, a welcome sight came into his vision. It was a town! Thank god, now he could get some food. He charged at it, the idea of food spurring him on. However as he finally got through the gates, he realized something horrible. He had been here before... and this town was in...

"Foblé?! I went in the complete opposite direction!" He groaned as he tugged at his hair. How could he do something so DUMB?! He sighed; there was no point crying over split milk. He would just have to head to Epoch in the morning. He walked down the street, greeting people he recognized from his travels through this kingdom. However, one person in particular made a point to stop him. 

"Hey, Akira, it's been a long time," The man greeted. "While you're here, can you do me a favor?" This wasn't unusual to Akira. Once people learned how he would do most labor for dirt cheap or even free, most people would ask him for favors or to do a job. "My cart's wheel broke off, and I need to get these crates to the tavern. I'll pay you anything you want!" The poor man sounded so desperate. It must have been important.

"Can... I have an apple, then?" Akira asked sheepishly. He really didn't like to ask for payment, but he was too hungry at the moment. At least an apple would hold him over until he got his food. The man immediately agreed, running off to get an apple as Akira grabbed the two crates and lifted them on his shoulder using his enhanced strength. When the man returned, he took the apple, eating it with one hand as he walked off towards the tavern.

He had finished his apple in the ten minutes it took get there, so he had a free hand to open the door with. He carefully opened the door and slipped in. 

"Oy, barkeep! Your delivery's here!" he called out as he closed the door behind him. Now he just needed to be told where to put the crates.

Fight or Flight

Andula gasped for air as she ran, her slightly gaunt frame unsuited for such bursts of speed. Behind her raced a pack of shadows, swirling and drifting as if they could not decide what form to take their prey with. 

As she tried so desperately to distance herself from the contorting figures, she took no heed of her surroundings and stumbled upon a rock. As she fell she let out a small scream, knowing that she was done for. As the pack grew ever closer, their shape became more and more solid; the inky blackness had now become wolves. 

As they stalked ever closer, Andula became paralyzed with fear, unable to move, let alone use her powers. Then, it happened. The leader jumped, fangs bared and ready to taste flesh.

She let out a scream. It was cut short. Not because of the sinister creature, but because Andula had disappeared.

-----------------------------------------------

Coming To

Andula awoke with a start, muffling a small scream as she did so. What happened? Where am I? Where's Mummy and Daddy? These questions raced through her mind as she looked around, looking for something even half familiar. She saw a cobblestone street, some tall buildings, and a dark, dirty alleyway. She wasn't really sure of anything, except for one thing: She was lost.

Andula took a deep breath and stood up, knees wobbling slightly. She peeped her head out of the alley and saw what was both terrifying and terrific. She saw people going every which way, people of all sorts bustling about. As soon as one of these people got close, though, Andula gasped and disappeared from sight, clothing and all going with her. I better find a place to stay.

She moved effortlessly through the crowd, occasionally passing through people in her way, until she got to a door. She cocked her head to the sign hoisted above the door. It read “Foblé Tavern and Inn”. I guess this is good as I’m getting Andula thought as she phased through the door, still silent and unseen.

As she entered the alien realm, her senses were assaulted by the din of drunkards and merriment, the fetid scents of alcohol and stale air, and the sight of dark wood and haze. Still hidden from view, Andula sat down in the corner and wracked her brain for answers, waiting and thinking for her next move.

A Mysterious Place

There she was, in what once was her village, now all destroyed. The corpses of all the villagers scattered everywhere. A thick fog covered everything, giving a very claustrophobic feeling. Suddenly, Gwyll heard a sound, howling. A bunch of ink-like creatures started chasing after her. 

Gwyll was running non-stop, unable to see thanks to the fog, she entered a forest, it was dark and the fog didn't help. After a while she realized the creatures stopped chasing her. She continued walking until she reached a dead-end. She then looked behind her. Right there, a wolf black like the void looking at it's next prey. Gwyll was scared, and then the wolf... ATTACKED!

---------------------------------------

A calm morning

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Gwyll screamed as she woke up, it was all a dream, or well... a nightmare. "Hey, why did you scream?" Said the older sister as she entered Gwyll's room. She now was staying in an inn in Foblè run by her sister. "Oh, sorry, i just had a nightmare, don't worry." She said. 

Gwyll got dressed and after a quick breakfast was ready for a day of work. In exchange for living there, Gwyll had to help out at the tavern. The tavern was filled with people as usual. The color of the wood never grew old on Gwyll. 

Gwyll noticed a little girl entering the tavern, she looked extremely young. "Hi, do you need any help?" she said to the little girl who just entered the tavern.

A girl with jet-black hair and an outfit of the same color, emblazoned with crimson inlays, was wandering around the depths of a forest, seemingly lost. Reaching out curiously with her hand, her fingers brushed against the trunks of the nearby trees, but she spoke naught a word as she scanned her surroundings. Pausing for a moment, it appeared as if she was in deep thought. To any onlooker, she may have appeared human at first, but if one peered behind her, the ends of her hair transformed into flickering tails of flame, burning silently.

Naia started to panick. ”Where on conflag’ration am I?!” After having woken up earlier that day in another town, Naia had planned to look for another town she heard was called Foblé, since she had taken up a habit of traveling from place to place, asking around if anyone knew where she came from. She always got only strange looks and sighs though, and took a deep breath. The 37th time had to be the charm, didn’t it?

After having taken up that resolution, Naia had left the previous town she was in early sunrise, walking through the forest that would lead to Foblé. She was in quite a bit of a predicament though, because her own directional sense and the world’s directional sense didn’t quite match up, per say. Now frantically looking around her, she cried out to herself in exasperation. She had decided against her own better judgment to not have a map made for her, since that would’ve taken too long, and had went with the “listen to directions and figure it out yourself route”. In this current situation though, with nowhere to go and no familiar landmark, as well as the fact that every single damned tree looked the exact same, one could say she was in a pile of… well, dung.

iU8EggM.png

Elsewhere, we found the pretty content giant doing his usual thing - hacking at the mighty trees in the woods with his equally mighty hatchet made to be handled by, you guessed it, his mighty hands. Sig’ was just taking it nice and easy, really. Pretty cool day, not much to complain about. Nature was being nice it seemed, one of those days, and he had next to nothing to worry about in terms of people interrupting his practise. Just heaving and ho’ing all together against the bark of the great coniferous woods. It was quite a content time of being really, the solitude in nature let him have a moment to think about things such as but not limited to his family, and perhaps even starting his own, if he ever were to find his tribe again.

And then...she came…

Sig’s head turned as he heard his name being called out in the distance, and though she was small there was no avoiding those massive melons swaying in a hypnotic trance, set upon her delicate frame. The motions of Bronwen’s breasts were unevadable and had his attention the second he heard her voice. She was beckoning for him, naturally to which the giant headed over her way to see what on earth was going on. It wasn’t usual for her to run out to him.

“Siggy, it’s horrible!” the lass began to panic. Sig kneeled down and pet her back gently. “These strange wolves, they attacked the mill! I can’t find father anywhere, I think they’ve taken him, or worse-!”

Sig’s eyes furrowed hearing the news. Gently brushing his wrist along Bronwen’s face as an attempt to wipe her tears he stood back up and stretched his back, before gently picking her up and settling her upon his shoulders as he began to march back to the mill to investigate what exactly was going on.

What he found frustrated him - the mill was in working condition but evidently ransacked and attacked. The lodge was fine enough, but the wood was scratched and gnawed at. A bit strange for just a plain wolf attack, the giant though. Nonetheless he promptly glanced up to Bronwen’s direction. “Say, I don’t suppose you happened to see which way these wolves went with your pa?”

Promptly shaking her head Sig kneeled down into the muddy opening and resorted to simple tracking, pursuing the footprints and the scent of the wolves in order to find them. Before leaving though, he set Bronwen down and asked her to stay and hold the fort, and wait for him to return. Bronwen herself provided a decent wage in the form of cooking food for the nearby village, trading in town and returning home with the profits. The camp was in good hands with her, though she would not leave until Sig promised the return of her father.

With a rushed goodbye, Sig began to march after, what he assumed was the trail of the wolves.

Sitting in a slump against the base of a tree, Naia sighed in despair. She wasn’t exactly keen on climbing all the way up what must’ve been at least 40 foot tall trees to try to catch a glimpse of where she was, nor was her ability rather helpful in this situation. To the contrary, it would be quite detrimental. Bending her neck to hope to catch any sounds of other people or aware beings, she reeled back in shock as a series of deafening tromping sounds rang out through the forest. Birds flew amok, flying past her as fast as they could, and the other fauna weren’t far behind, the deer and squirrels scampering up and away quickly.

Looking suspiciously towards the source of sound, she estimated that whatever was causing it was ridiculously massive to be able to make such a ruckus, and steeled herself to fight just in case it harbored ill intent. The trees nearby seemed to shake with the fury of being struck by some giant’s hand, shedding their leaves upon the trembling bushes lying on the ground. Slowly stepping towards where Naia first heard the massive crashing of forest and force, she peeked her head around the corner once the sound was loud enough to most likely be originating from a mere few meters away.

The very first sight that filled Naia’s vision was a massive field of blue denim cloth. Stepping backwards quickly in shock, she tripped over her own feet and landed on her bottom, inadvertently causing her to look upwards. And up. And further up. And in the sky, far, far above her, was the rest of what was a staggeringly tall human - or so it seemed. His chest, exposed by a rather unbuttoned button-shirt, was as rocky and defined as clear as a cliff face, and two black tattoos of axes wrapped around his left arm. His hair was a silver blond, as was his beard, making for a striking look with the fire in the man’s eyes. The man in front of her was almost double her height probably, and had a gigantic axe tied to his belt, swinging from side to side. She was frozen for a few moments at just the complete absurdity and shock of everything she just witnessed, unable to let out more than a small yelp, and then frozen for a few more as she stared at his chest, and then his face, and then at his muscled arms which were built like a truck, and then back to his face. Snapping out of her trance, she quickly shook her face, which felt slightly hot for some reason.

When the giant, who apparently had not noticed her, continued to move forwards, Naia decided to try to appear friendly to earn its good graces, concealing her flame-tailed hair and adorning an innocent smile. Tugging on its leg as hard as she could without potentially just yanking it backwards hard enough to topple an elephant, she called out, waving with a bright expression in her eyes.

”H-H-Hello? Super tall mister! I’m down heeere! If you’re heading to Foblé, can you take me with youuuu? I was try’na go through this really big fores’ an’ I got lost! Please don’t hurt me, I’m nice, y’know!”

Sig’s head turned as he overheard a voice calling for him. He was used to other voices shouting “Monster” or “Giant” followed by either screams of fear or anger, so it caught his attention. Stopping his sprint he frowned and furrowed his brow before spotting the owner of the voice - an eccentrically dressed lass in black. Short black hair which lead to peculiar floating flares of a gradual shift to crimson, attempted to be hidden, framed the youth’s face who was clad in a jacket and short shorts, quite risque considering she was in the middle of the woods but it was clear she was looking for this town of Foblé - maybe her garbs fit in better there.

“Are you not afraid of me, miss?” Sig bellowed, kneeling down as he looked over the lass closely. “You don’t look like you’re from around these parts. Lost you say?” The notion brought Sig to rubbing his chin in thought - he knew where the town was, but odds are Bronwen’s father was not there. Why would wolves bring a man into a village? Although he might be able to find a lead…

...wait, no, he’s a giant.

The plan fell a bit flat in his face, before he caught on to something. Turning his attention back to the lass Sig chuckled. “Sure, I can take ya to Foblé. Although if you’re heading that way, mind if I ask you a favour?” He then sat down, bringing his back to Naia, offering her to hop on and let him piggy-back her the rest of the way. “As you could imagine, townsfolk hate giants. I ain’t allowed too close to the village, but you can get in there safe and sound! So, I was wondering if you’d ask around for the master of the mill. He’s disappeared and I’m trying to find him.”

The giant man was surprisingly nice for someone with such an immediately staggeringly intimidating experience, and Naia couldn’t help but smile a little in relief. His very next words though, immediately made her awkward again.

”I’m not afraid of you now, but seeing your mighty hulkin’ mass startled me a good bit, I do say! And I’ve been walking for like, the past week, y’know? And I heard dat town might have some answers to some questions I had ‘bout myself, ‘cause ya’ see… I don’t know who I am really, I got a name and a look, but I ‘member nothin’! So I’ve been asking ‘round all the little towns here and thereabouts, and I keep getting strange looks or kicked out, so I was hopin’ this place might be a bit better.”

At his mention of a favor, Naia ran through a list of things she had to do in her head, just in case she didn’t have time, and finding nothing busying her, she took him up on his offer as he bent down to let her climb up, speaking as she did so.

”Sure mister! What’s your name? And why woulda buncha villagers hate nice guys like you? And I can ask ‘round, but what’s their name? Can’t ask ‘round without a name y’know.”

Naia tried to climb up, but couldn’t get a good grip, and struggled, her body skidding aimlessly as she tried to surmount his massive rear. Eventually growing a little exasperated, she took a high jump, holding onto his shirt so she wouldn’t topple and slide off the other side, before hugging around his neck so she wouldn’t fall when he stood up.

And with that, the two began to march towards the town of Foblé. Beforehand Sig gave Naia a boost up her keister, helping her onto his shoulders and wrapping her legs around his neck as he trekked through the woods. Needless to say she would be making much faster time now, especially with a giant who knew his way around the region. Sig introduced himself to her with his full name though later insisted she need only call him by his nickname as the two continued on through the forests. Naturally he then later asked for hers.

Indeed they made pretty good time. Climbing up the end of a hill, the fields of Foblé were in sight. With a happy chuckle he shielded his face from the sun as he looked over the town walls. “Well here we are, young’un.” Sig bellowed before gently sitting down on the hill. “Sadly this is about as far as I can go without being spotted, but you can’t miss the town. Follow the road and hey, you’re there.” the gentle giant followed up before looking around, licking his lips as he could smell from his distance the scrumptious food aromas that gently floated over the town. His stomach promptly grumbled in suit.

Holding onto Sig’s head firmly but not too roughly, Naia almost toppled over backwards when the man suddenly stood up, causing the blood to rush to her head as she experienced a dizzyingly strong bout of vertigo, holding on by sheer leg strength. She hoped she wasn’t choking him, but given how sturdy the man seemed to be built compared to her own lithe frame, Naia felt that it was probably unlikely. For sure, looking down from such a tall height was quite an experience, and she marveled at how different and small everything now looked to herself, but couldn’t resist a burst of short, genuine laughter of happiness at the current situation.

Introducing her own name as well, little idle talk was made, nor was it needed, as they arrived at the town of Foblé soon enough. Slipping down from his neck while trying not to face-first crashland, she immediately crumpled to a sitting position, her legs having turned to jelly. Massaging her legs quickly to get them back in running function, she stood up and bowed deeply to Sig, who had helped her so much.

”Thank you so much for all the help, mister Sig! I’ll be sure to ask ‘round the town for your man!” At the sound of an almost rumbling, thunderous growling, Naia’s mouth gaped open in surprise before she realized what it was. Giggling, she grabbed his hand excitedly. ”Don’t worry, I’m gonna go grab you some hot food first! Be right back!”

Dashing off, vibrant as ever, Naia charged down the hill toward the town gates, which quickly grew in size as she drew closer. Shouting out a brief greeting to the gatesmen, Naia stormed through the alleyway, looking for the nearest eatery. Spotting a big, wooden building adorned with the name “The Goose’s Gander”, she skipped in through the door. Looking around at all the different selections of food described, she quickly ordered the largest portions of whatever she could possibly hold, tossing out the few coins she had in her pocket, which were all solid true gold. Leaving the manager’s mouth slackjawed, Naia charged out once again, jumping in great strides as she held batches of freshly oven-roasted goose, drizzled with sauces and fat, leaving behind a scrumptious scent trail for the village children to gawp at.

Running back up the hill, Naia could feel her lungs burning, but pushed her legs to keep taking those giant galloping steps forward, until she recognized his familiar face again. Waving excitedly and calling out his name, she almost dropped the food before she juggled them in a mad panic, catching them all safely. Walking over to him, she placed the plates of the food she had just paid a shiny coin for in front of the man who had helped her all the way to this town. Bending over as she took a moment to catch her breath from her mad sprints back and forth, Naia turned to head back once more.

”Think of it as a thanks, Mister Sig! Well, I’ll be off then, to ask for your mill master! I’ll try to be back soonish!”

Needless to say Naia’s generosity was very well received. Watching her climb back up the hill, Sig chuckled happily to see her return with such a delicious banquet for him. He happily indulged but was going to savour it - taking a nice glance at her perky ass when she bent over Sig gave her a big thumbs up as she ran back off to hunt down leads on his master’s whereabouts.

“Yer a lifesaver, hun!” He bellowed back with a chuckle as he slowly took bites out of the goose. It was just wonderful - laying back in the hills Sig cracked his knuckles as he took pleasant bite after bite, licking his lips from the sauces that coated his lips, even giving off a nice big burp or two.

Meanwhile, Naia was running amidst the town’s cobbled roads and bursting into inns and bars to ask excitedly if anyone had seen the man Sig had been looking for, but her speed grew slower over time, her enthusiasm dropping, as nothing turned up. As time passed and the sun moved through the skies, Naia eventually reached a point where she was near-practically dragging her feet along, her head down, as she dejectedly looked for a place she hadn’t already triple-checked. Limply inching along forward, she ran smack dab into the entry door for a tavern, letting out a yelp as she stumbled backwards and landed on her bottom. Looking up with barely any hope left in her eyes, she read the bar’s name: ”Ye Olde Brewery”. Her eyes lit up slightly as she hadn’t seen this bar yet, but drooped again almost instantly when she guessed it’d be just the same result again. Despite how bad the situation seemed, Naia reminded herself it was probably worse for Sig, since that giant man actually knew this guy, and that there was always a chance this might turn up a solution. Rapping on the door by habit before walking in, she was instantly hit by the pungent odors of piss, cheap beer, and smoke. Gagging, she forced herself to continue on, for Sig’s sake. Calling out loudly, Naia pitched her voice to pierce through the murky air.

”Has anyone seen the guy who runs Merryhill Mill? Aaaaannnyyyyoooone?” Waving her hand to try to catch people’s attention, she sighed. the awful music playing in the background and the darkness of the interior as a whole made it difficult. Turning to leave, she saw a tall, slim, hooded man sitting at the bar that gave her a strange feeling. Although she couldn’t quite place it, it felt as if there was something familiar about him, or as if they were somehow alike. Piqued by this sensation which she had never felt before, she wondered if Lady Luck was helping her to direct herself in the right path, and prayed silently. Walking over to the man shyly, she tapped on his shoulder to get his attention.

”H-Hello? Would you perhaps happen to have seen the guy who runs Merryhill Mill? He went missing and someone who knows him is looking for him, and I’m helping out!”

This had to work. After all, the 73rd time was the charm, right? RIGHT?

Halloween - Farway

A woman with long white hair and simple village clothes could be seen stepping outside of her wooden house. Darkness all around her safe for her little candle, and she waa used to it. But, the creepiest Jeagers found Halloween Town to be their home. She knew of Pumpk, the little punk boy with a Pumpkin head, and a few select Jeagers that could do all sorts of unacceptable bodily things. She couldn't think of a single Jaeger that could hurt her, and yet peering off into the Darkness of Halloween Town would tickle her imagination for the worse.

She traveled down long brick paths of cartoonish size as she looked around at the twisted black fences. Part of her wondered why Halloween Town burried their dead on their own property, or for what seemed like everywhere if every tombstone could be trusted. Her heart felt a little warmth as she considered the feelings that may have been involved. With a shrug, she reached forward to press open a large barn door. Given that this was Halloween town, you wouldn't expect there to be just normal farm animals inside. Just before her hand touched the large wooden barn door, a black blur as bug as her hand scuttled out from the otherside and she tweaked. After some soft breathes and getting herself back to her feet, the woman proceeded to push open the door to an irly empty barn. It wasn't hers and she remembered being told that the man who ran the barn moved his animals between two locations. After a short pause to become steady again, she stepped deeper into the dark empty barn. Empty stall after empty stall with the perfect amount of crawling and dripping sounds to drive normal humans insane.

With an exhausted sigh, she finally reached the end of the barn where the ladder was. She heard a thud. And then all was drowned out by the sound of her own heart beat. She couldn't move forward. Or backward. She just took heavy breathes and fought the urge to delve deeper into the barn for safety or to run back to the door past the sound. Another deep breathe, the pale face of the woman looked back to the deep darkness that she had just previously traversed. The hardest footsteps she had ever taken had begun. One foot after the other, her lef hand holding the candle in a small bowl.

The light gently licked at the greenish wood of a single stall as she didn't want to get closer. The thud was in here. She repeated to herself, the words of her mother that helped her move into Halloween Town. The words involved that nobody is dangerous in Halloween, not even the scary Jaegers. Because the more foul their appearance, the bigger their heart.

She gulped and managed to close the distance between herself and the stall as the light tickled it's way all too slowly up the damp rock floor and to a pile of hay. Her eyes grew wide as she could no longer control the face she would make and he paleness of her face. There, upon the hay, had been a little boy's head with decaying skin and his spine running out of his torn neck. Her eyes had bugged as she couldn't quite grasp reality long enough to do anything. Just along for the ride, her ears finally heard a soft thudding of bug legs against wood as she turned the candle to the long wooden beams that rest upon the wall of the stall. She shouldn't have looked. The candle flickered as a hand of bone crawled to her like a spider upon the wood.

A screem filled Halloween Town as the woman fled the barn before her thoughrs could catch up to her. Her candle was left behind upon the stone flooring of the barn. It gently lit a pumpkin that sat upon some hay. Two lines appeared first in the orange patterned pumpking as the openned to reveal a Child's eyes, a mouth soon followed. The pumpkin head rose from the hay with a regular body beneath it. A little boy's Scheming chuckle left the Pumpkin lips as he moved to pick up the candle and check in on his Skeleton friend.

"Haw, Haw. We got her, Jack." The Pumpkin boy's voice was normal as his large blue eyes found that Jack, the boy with white hair, had already assembled himself. With a bony finger over his lips, Jack reached over and put out the light between two bone fingers. In the darkness, the two of them chuckled further and began their next scheme.

The Skeleton of Farway

The tall, white haired Young man hand lied inside a large cart of hay as he was snuggling with a little bkue Ox named Babe. The two of them had both been asleep, dreaming of their individual homes and years gone by. The little blue ox didn't snore like a beast, but instead only made little "Snoos" through her nostirls. The pale young man, Jack, slept with a smile as he did not breathe in his sleep. The two had slept all night, into a brisk morning and then into the Afternoon. The pale man turned to lay on his back with hay in his hair, he smiled and openned his eyes. The cart was still moving, and he sighed happily. His eyes caught a large sign from behind as they travelled under it. From right to left he made out a backwards F, an o, and a backwards B... "We're here." He mumbled to himself as he turned back onto his side and hugged the sleeping Babe. "Yup. Here." He grinned to himself before smelling the little ox and opening his eyes wide. "sheet, we are supposed to hop off, the Old man isn't stopping." In a quick movement, the casually dressed male tossed the sleeping little Ox over his shoulder and grabbed their little black bag of items before hopping off the cart, right in front of an Inn. "Hey, Funky old dude. This is goodbye!" Jack raised his cheerful morning voice and waved.

A few carts ahead, at the front of the Cart-Train, a thin old man sat as the coach of the line. His large black hair covered his eyes and rolled down his thin body along with his black bar mustache. Before this old man was a black Ox the size of the streets with a black afro that covered his eyes like a sheepdog. Both of these being friends of Jack from a a previous adventure. The old man rose his left hand and gave Jack the peace symbol. "Keep it rocking, Jack." A voice so smooth and full of suave had let the old man as he reached back and grabbed his massive top hat. Placing this item upon his head, he coached the massive Ox through the town.

Jack plopped the sleeping Babe down, startled she shot up onto all-fours and faced all directions. Amused, Jack had the black back tossed over his shoulders and stepped into the Inn. Stepping around a large male with golden scales, Jack rudely did not toss a greeting or 'Sorry' to the blond as he stood at the bar without sitting. "I need a room, I can pay." The blue little Ox wearily made her way into the nasty scented Inn as she stepped around the large male and bumped into a chair.

Nostrils flared as they took in the scents all around him. His trail was getting closer to it's end and his lips curved into a deep smile. His amber eyes glinted as his thumb and index finger ground the small piece of grass between them. He inhaled again deeply as he stood up slowly and stretched. He cracked his neck slowly from one side to the other as he spoke to himself.“Oh yeah, this be the right track.” His accent was thick Scottish. He set off walking again as his eyes kept looking over the ground, here and there. The snap of a twig caught him off guard and he froze. His eyes darted around as he spoke to himself. “Yer aff yer heid Gavin. Ain't nothin out there but tha wolves. An they ain't even much ta worry about.” He chuckled as he pressed onward.

It wasn't long before he came to a town, a rather busy town at that. His eyes shot to the sign as he stopped to read it. “Foblé ….Seems like the place to hunker down....maybe I'll find me some work whilst I'm at it.” He chuckled. “Whit's fur ye'll no go past ye Gavin. Might as well make tha best of it.” He nodded to himself as he ventured into the town, and soon found himself in front of a tavern. “Lookin like the spot to set up fer a quick spell.” He pushed into the tavern and looked around before scoffing a bit. It reeked and looked dirty to him. He stifled a gag but pressed in. “Seems like as good a place as any to rest fer a bit Gavin.” He chuckled a bit and made his way to to a booth on the back. “Try'in not to draw any attention to yerself Gavin, Try'in not to draw attention to yerself.”

"Oy, barkeep! Your delivery's here!"

The barkeep turned from a customer and saw the man named Akira standing by the door. "Ah! Excellent, thank ya mah boy!" he said, clasping his hands together. "'Ah need ya to put it over in the back. Just thro' that door there." he pointed, as he watched Akira nodding. The barkeep returned to his work, wiping down the bar counter some as he watched the customers just keep on coming in. Though at the same time, he noticed a strange man...and a pig...? Regardless, he noticed the two walking into the bar just as Akira told him the delivery had arrived. "HEY! Skinny man...best keep that pig of yers out of the way of the customers!" he shouted, shaking his head. Then he heard the strange man ask for a room, before he sighed. "Yeah, we'll work ya a room in a moment...just take a seat and ah'll be with ya in a moment." he said, watching the man sit down for a moment. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched Abel mumble a few things...to a lone candelabra that was used to light the night. The barkeep shook his head and ignored it.

"I need to go back to her..." Abel mumbled with a sigh, just staring at the candelabra. "You got any ideas on what I should do?" To his dismay, the candelabra remained silent, forcing the young hooded man to sigh yet again, before resting his head on the table.

"Hi, do you need any help?"

It wasn't long before the barkeep was approached by another person, Gwyll. He smiled slightly, turning to face Gwyll as he cleaned a small mug. "'Ah do appreciate the offer, miss, but 'ah just don't think that tellin' ya that you can work and not be able to pay ya in full." he said before smiling again. "I do appreciate the offer though, miss."

He watched Gwyll then nod as she sat down somewhere, before he returned to his wo-

”Has anyone seen the guy who runs Merryhill Mill? Aaaaannnyyyyoooone?”

This caused the barkeep to turn yet again towards the front door to see another lady walk in, Naia. He noticed the behemoth outside the door and he assumed that it was he that she was talking about. "Can't say I have, miss." he answered, before finally returning to his work.

Abel himself began to slowly drift to sleep as his rested head laid on the table. He hadn't gotten much sleep as of late and it was really killing him that he couldn't. M-Maybe...just for a few moments... he thought, his eyes closing slowly as he exhaled.

”H-Hello? Would you perhaps happen to have seen the guy who runs Merryhill Mill? He went missing and someone who knows him is looking for him, and I’m helping out!”

He suddenly felt someone tapping his shoulder and he woke up quickly, moving back in a defensive manner, which more than likely made a huge scene in the tavern. When Abel came to his senses, he saw Naia where she was, and he heard her repeat the question. He wiped his brow for a moment, before looking at Naia and then averting his gaze to the floor.

"I-I can't...s-say I have..." Abel forced the words to come out, as he turned back and sat down at the bar.

Kind Eyes

Andula looked around at first, then up at the girl walking towards her, a puzzled look on her own face. How can she see me? Does she have some kind of- she cut herself off, looking down at her hand.

And there it was, that apple-sized, paper-white hand. "Heck darn it!" Andula half-shouted, standing up in the process. As soon as she realized her volume, though, she shrunk back down to the floor, covering her mouth, and began to tear up. As Andula began stifling her hiccupy cries of embarrassment and fear, the ashen-haired lady approached her, clearly concerned.

-----------------------------

As Gwyll got closer to the girl, she realized that the girl was confused. The little girl than started crying. "Hey, is everything okay? Do you need any help?" Gwyll was clearly worried. "Now, come with me, it's quieter upstairs" she said as she took the little girl upstairs. "Okay, now tell me, what's your name? Are you lost? I just want to help you" She said with a big smile. "You must be hungry, wait a second here while I go grab something to eat" She said as she went downstairs and prepared quickly something to eat, nothing too special, just some bread with cheese, an apple and some water. "I'm back" Gwyll said as she sat next to her.

Andula, still a mess of tears and sobs, got up and held Gwyll's hand. As she followed the pretty woman to the next floor, Andula futilely wiped her tears from her face with her other hand, more appearing as she frantically brushed them away.

When she got to the room she calmed a bit, but was still choking back tears. "M-my name i-i-is Andula-a-a," she squeaked out. The words pushed her past her limit though, and she began weeping once again. Why am I crying? She seems like a nice person. Why can't I talk to her? she pondered this while the older girl left the room for a bit. She took a deep breath and managed to calm herself down again, this time managing to clear her face of tears. 

As Gwyll returned with what appeared to be food, Andula realized just how hungry she was. "Thank you for the food," she said to Gwyll sheepishly, taking the apple from her. "My name is Andula Gardner. I'm from Willhelm, and I don't know where I am or how I got here."She looked over the apple and took a small bite out of it, lighting up as she did so. "Thank you for helping me... what was your name again?"

The girl's name was Andula, a very pretty name. But when she seemed to have calmed down, Andula started crying again. She didn't know why she was here or where she was either. "I'm Gwyll Cariad, and right now, you're in a tavern and inn in a town in Foblè, although, I can't help you at all in figuring out how you got here..." Gwyll was a bit worried. "Do you have any parents, what do they look like? maybe I can help you find them. But for now, until we find them, I think you can stay at the inn. Don't worry about the price, you can stay in the same room as me, and the only requirement is to maybe help out sometimes. So, do you wanna stay here, until we find your parents?" She said with a smile.

"Thank you, Gwyll," Andula said as she took another bite of the apple. As soon as Gwyll asked about her parents though, she began to feel the pings of sadness come back. "I don't know what happened to them e-either. The last time I saw them, they were in Willhelm. Mummy is very pretty, like you, and tall and skinny and..." Andula took a sharp breath, fighting back more tears. "Daddy is strong and a little short, and very pale. I'd really apreciate it if you helped me find them." Andula paused and shrunk down a bit. Change the subject before you start crying again. You don't want this nice lady to see you as a child. "I think I wouldn't mind a little bit of working if I got to stay here with you.Andula said, smiling up at Gwyll.

As Gavin pushed his way to the table in the corner, he tried his best to avoid running into anyone. No easy task given his size and build. Sadly he wasn’t too good at it, and inadvertently bumped into two large men. “Ey, watch where you’re goin mate.” One of them had said. Gavin’s hands had shot up as he tried his best to avoid confrontation. He laughed nervously as he tried to explain himself. “Din’t mean no harm fellas, din’t mean no harm. Just tryin to make my way to a table.” The other man snickered. “Lookie here Neil. Big bad man thinks he can bump into us and not have to pay fer it.” The one referred to as Neil smiled. “Think he needs to be taught a lesson ey Jed?” Gavin swallowed. This was the last thing he needed, two idiots trying to prove themselves.

Before Gavin could blink, a fist slammed into his cheek, sending him flying backwards and into a table, crushing it under his impact. He shook his head as his eyes tried to focus on his attackers. The one named Jed picked him up by his shirt and threw him back into the fray. Neil caught Gavin and smiled. “Well don’t you look pretty now that you’re bleedin.” Gavin looked into his attackers eyes and smiled. “Pretty good punch. That all ya got?” And with that he spit in Neil’s face, leaving a small smear of blood on his cheek. Neil growled and sent a punch at Gavin’s torso, knocking him in the sodoplexes and forcing the air in his body to leave in a gasp. His vision faltered a bit as he tried to regain his breath.

Jed and Neil laughed as they watched Gavin fall to his knees, then all fours. Their laughter was cut short however, as Gavin started laughing with them. “Again, not bad. But is that all ya got mate? I sure hope not, for yer sake, not mine.” Gavin rose to his feet, blood tricking from the corners of his mouth as he smiled. “Round three?” Neil growled and charged Gavin, who in turn grabbed Neil’s arm and using his force, spun with his attacker and threw him across the tavern, slamming his back into the wall. Jed howled and seizing Gavin’s turned state charged him as well. Gavin exhaled and closed his eyes for a moment before turning in the blink of an eye and slammed his palm into Jed’s nose, breaking it instantly and then grabbed his head and slammed it into another table, cracking the wood and knocking Jed out. “One down….”

Neil, who by this time had started getting up from the floor where he slumped wiped the small trail of blood from his mouth  and charged Gavin again, hoping to catch him off guard, sending an assortment of punched towards Gavin’s head. Gavin had very little time to react by bobbing and weaving, avoiding all but one punch that made contact with his jaw, knocking him backwards. He groaned as he rubbed his chin, Neil taking an aggressive stance, fists up. Gavin smiled and raised a hand, motioning for his attacker to come at him. Neil snarled and flung forward, jabbing at Gavin, who was able to block each subsequent strike at him. On the last punch, Gavin grabbed Neil’s hand, and in one swift motion, flung him over his back, breaking a third table. Neil laid on the floor, unable to move as Gavin walked up standing over his attacker. “Next time mate….don’t go pickin a fight with someone you dun know.” He smiled as he walked to the bar, wiping his mouth. “Sorry ‘bout the mess. What do I owe you fer damages Mate?” He asked the bartender before looking around at the tavern patrons.

“I think I’ll go freshen up.” said Gwyll. “Don’t get into any trouble, okay?” As she said this, she closed the door to the bathroom behind her.

Andula nodded happily as she took the final bite of her sweet apple, lying down on a comfy bed in the warm room. Suddenly, she heard a ruckus in the tavern that lie below her. She sat there, listening a while to the crash and bang of the terrible racket that felt so familiar to her. Where do I know that noise? It feels… natural. Maybe I’ll go down and see it! Getting up from the bed and onto her bare feet, Andula surveyed the room that she had come into while blinded with tears.

Around her she saw 3 beds, each made neatly, each with a trunk at their foot. There was also the door that Gwyll had shut, which most likely lead to the bathroom. Opposite that, there was the stairwell. Andula stepped quietly towards the stairs, still listening to the din happening below.

As she descended the flight, her small frame bouncing ever so slightly as she did, she heard the noise fade. Oh darn, I missed it! She hurried down to see just what had transpired, and saw the tavern in a wreck. At least 3 tables were smashed, and there were 2 patrons on the floor, out cold. Amongst the wreckage, though, Andula spotted something that looked especially out of place; she say something lost.

Focusing on her hand, Andula disappeared from sight and made sure that she stayed that way. As she walked through the crowd of people and debris, phasing through with ease, she came to the lost object and picked it up. It was a small, silver knife,  almost twice the size of her petite hand. As she looked closely at it, she noticed that there was a name engraved on it. Gavin MacRieve. Who could that be? Just then, Andula noticed a twinkle in the corner of her eye. She turned and saw that, sitting at the counter, were to other things that looked out of place; there she saw two more lost things, but this time they were living things.

Checking her hand to make sure she was still hidden, Andula made her way over to the two lost people at the counter. She looked them both up and down, wondering which one the knife belonged to. on her left was a man in a hood, stooped over, head on the counter. Poor guy, he’s probably drunk himself silly. No way he would be carrying around a knife like this. As she thought this, she glanced over to the other man, this one standing tall. He was talking with the owner, and shelling out cash. Andula lowered her gaze to inspect further, and noticed that he had a belt full of knives just like the one she had picked up!

Carefully, Andula attempted to return the knife to its home. “Oi, what do ya think yur doin?” Andula looked up at the the man, who was looking down at her with her hand in his knife-ridden belt. “Oh no.” Andula said as she jumped back, bumping into the passed out figure behind her. She turned and tugged at the cloak “Wake up wake up wake up! Pleeeeeeease wake up!”

Akira nodded as he headed to the door as he was instructed. He tried to keep his mind off how rude the man with the cow was by ignoring him, but it nagged at him. For some reason, it just burned him up inside, almost like it was reminding him how futile his good deeds really were. He shook his head, trying to stay positive. He should at least talk to the white haired man, let him know he was being rude and should be careful, in case other, meaner people take it the wrong way.

He scanned the room as he shut the door behind him, finding the pale man in a matter of seconds.

"Hey, man, you're going to want to be careful about who you ignore. Bad things could happen if you don't," He said without even a greeting, oblivious to how threatening that may have sounded.

=+=

Babe scuttled over to Jack's foot, embarrassed as Jack apologises to the Barkeep. "Please excuse the Pig, sir. She really is smarter than she leads on. I can wait for the room. Thank you." He speaks like a gentleman, blatantly ignoring Babe as she rams her horns against his shin in anger of being called a pig when Jack knew better. He laughed softly with a smile before leaning down and tying his black bag to Babe like a cape. She didn't like it, but as an ox she was naturally good at labor tasks and the bag sat on her back well. Unwittingly, Jack stood and turned to face Akira a s he approached.

"And this seems wise to you?" Jack chuckled to himelf as he insults the strong appearence and clear martial mastery as Jack walks right past him, again. The pale, thin man was plainly not afraid of Akira. And didn't respect the Dragon, either. "Threats without actions are grossly reserved for the weak and pathetic. If your jammies are that ruffled by not receiving my respect for free, step outside with me, then. I expect to sleep here later and fighting inside is even more disrespectful." Jack spoke smoothly as he made it to the door and gave Babe a look before leaving the Tavern. Babe didn't follow after the look, she remained behind a stool by the bar.

Stepping out into the streets, Jack stood awaiting his opponent in western pistoldueling style. His eyes clearly calm, no weapons. Jack wasn't afraid of Akira and that should be incredibly daunting.

=+=

Akira blinked as the pale man went on about 'respect' or something. Apparently, it was something similar to 'honor', like his grandpa taught him, but he never really understood that either. He followed Jack out, although he took the time to wave at the ox by the stool before doing so. He saw Jack take some sort of strange stance, and that lit up a candle over his head.

"If you wanted to spar, all you had to do was ask! I warn you though, it's hard for me to hold back once I get excited!" he said as he took his stance, spreading his legs far apart, raising his right arm up and lifting up his fist, making a fist as his other arm angled down to his waist, also enclosing into a fist. A wide grin spread across his face as he did all this; this is where he felt the most comfortable. "Alright, c'mon!"

=+=

"A sparring match? Yeah. That will do just fine." Unexcited, Jack wasn't at all worried about the outcome. It was always the strong looking quick to pop off at the mouth types that had the hardest of times dealing with his unique strength. Jack unbuttoned the bottom few buttons of his white dress shirt. There was an air of freedom in movement that came from this as Jack moved closer. A creeping sensation that Jack's body wasn't supposed to move like this might sink in as everything about the thin man suddenly became creepier. His smile became huge as his eye sockets withered slightly, his eyes going completely white as his fingers lost tissue to become skin and bone.

He stood tall, no pose required just an inch out of his range. The thin man's white hair tossed in the sudden breeze as he raised his arms to both sides with open palms. "I won't pretend like I know anything about you by the way you look. But, I am prepared. I could do this in my sleep. No holding back big man. Hit me with your most devastating string of attacks. You needn't worry about my well-being. Don't worry about getting lethal." Jack spoke with a gouging amount of excitement, his white eyes wise open. His bones were far too dense for this to go bad. The skeleton of Farway was prepared to let Akira throw his muscle- bound mortal body into the fight and beat himself up.

=+=

Akira took a step back as he drew back his fist. If this man wanted to give him a free hit, far be it from him to pass that. He had to test the waters first. Many people that have challenged him simply talked a big game, and where actually not able to back up their words. He took a step forward and thrust out his arm at a high speed, colliding with Jack's chest, hitting with a loud audible boom and a bit of a shockwave made. To his delight, Jack took it unflinchingly. Not many people could do that, and that meant this man was tough.

"Good, you're in the top ten toughest people I've met just for that," He grinned, showing off his fangs. "But it's your turn,"

=+=

The strike's shockwave didn't stop or fall off after going through Jack. Being the practitioner of that attack, Jack would expect Akira to see that there was little difference between the shockwave after striking Jack and how it would appear had he struck nothing at all. Jack's face was blank as he just looked to Akira. "Turn? You are finished already? Most people choose to use a few attacks to try and demonstrate how they really do damage. I expected you to show some sort of technique. A single hit?" Jack smiled wide again with an odd chuckle. "Was that your way of taking it easy on me because I don't look like I am carrying weapons or pack a punch? After simply shaking his head, a little disappointed, Jack looked right into Akira's eyes again.

"I have a hard time grasping what exactly leads you to think this is okay. It is a little funny. A little sad. You talk a big game and approach me with a threat. Your immediate action when called on it is to underestimate or try taking it easy on me? Big boy, you made a mistake. I will proceed to punctuate my point and we can wrap this up as cleanly as possible before my room is ready." With a snap of his neck and some further motion accompanied by snapping cracking sounds, Jack reached back behind his head to grab something around his spine. Retrieving his hand, Jack held his cutlass and pointed the blade to Akira. Just an inch from from his chest. "You feel so small on the inside that when a man walks around you and you feel ignored you have to pop off at the mouth with a threat. I don't know if you are used to throwing your strong appearance around and having other people back down when you talk big. But, you chose the wrong person to try that game with today. That person doesn't have hurt feelings. They are just disappointed. Their bones have been aching for a real fight for weeks and you have let them down. Say you are sorry." Jack pokes his sword forward some as he talks. Just a display of his control over the blade as he shows swordsmanship not unlike a fencer. The tip of the blade, although close, just isn't close enough to damage his clothing.

=+=

Akira blinked. This man was weird, like really weird. "Why would I be sorry?"He asks sincerely, not reacting to a blade being pointed at him, or you know, grabbed a sword out of his spine! "I mean, I didn't know you were so tough and thought if you did that to someone else, you'd be in a lot of trouble," He slipped out of stance, laughing as he rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed. "Guess I forgot Grandpa's first rule, 'Don't judge people by how they look,'," Ooooh, maybe the funny man took offense because he knew Akira thought he may not be so tough. He'll have to reassure the man.

"O-oh, and when I say you're in the top ten toughest people, I really mean it," he quickly adds. "You're literally only the tenth person to not go flying from that. I don't know exactly where you fall, but you'd be at least number six or five for sure," he says, counting on his fingers before incorrectly holding up four of them. "Maybe sometime we can go all out in a spar!" He says. "W-well, not in the middle of a village... I don't wanna destroy so many things...," He says, rubbing the back of his head. "Seriously, you knock down on super old building and they never let you live it down... I can't imagine what would happen if I accidently did it to a whole village... Wouldn't help bring peace and understanding, that's for sure,"

=+=

"I am not purposefully antagonistic. But, something about you just annoys me so much that letting this slide is incredibly difficult." Jack let's the words work their own way out of his clearly not pleased lips. His eyebrows creased so much that even the tops of his eye sockets seem to come down with them. His sword remains still as it's point remains on Akira's center chest. "I want to go all out. I haven't had a solid fight for so long that my bones feel cramped under my weak flesh. I want to push this sword into you and push you over the edge. See if there really was some bite to your little bark. Even, at least, teach you a lesson for being so willfully ignorant." Jack finishes his words as he brings his sword down away from Akira.

"It can't be helped. You disappoint me." Akira turned and walked back into the bar as Babe was just about to peek out at them. Nothing came of the big boy's bold words and Jack felt robbed of something. All he held now was distaste for this weak excuse for a man. Who really had the nerve to talk a big game, throw one punch and then pretend like it wasn't a big fight or he didn't spit a pathetic threat?

Jack keeled with Babe near a stool as he retrieved the black bag and properly tucked his only weapon away so that himself and Babe can properly wait for the old man to prepare his room without making anyone think he was going to flag them or something. Babe was confused but, let it slip her head as both men appeared unharmed.

=+=

Well, that happened. Well, he could understand wanting to go all out. Sometimes, he felt... Limited in his human form. However, going all out in a place like this was too dangerous, so no, he would not indulge the funny man. If they met outside of the village though... Hey, he'd have no reason to not go all out. So, he did finish his little delivery.., what was next? He pondered on this thought for a bit. He would need more food... Well, there was a business right in front of him. He could see if they needed his help, maybe see if he could get food in exchange for his services.

The foreigner followed Jack in, noticing the three smashed tables. "Oh darn, I missed it!" was the first thought that ran through the dragon's head. Not only did he miss a fight, but he missed an opportunity to stop them and maybe get some food. Oh well. He then noticed a little girl holding a big knife. That didn't seem safe. He walked over slowly, just in case something bad might happen... But then the girl went into a panic when a knife covered man approached her. Not good. He picked up his pace, ready to perform a flying kick if need be.

Oi, what do ya think yur doin?”

This put Andula in a bad predicament. She kept tugging at Abel's cloak as she watched the man start pulling out a few knives. She prayed that it wouldn't end this way, so she shut her eyes tight, as the man made a stabbing motioning at her...

Surprise!

The tavern was silent when they saw the man holding the knives being stopped by Abel, as a low growl could be heard from him. "Fairly certain...that she was putting that back." he said, his piercing feral eyes striking at the man, who was dumbfounded and speechless. The knife dropped as he backed away slowly and just ran out of the door. He huffed some, before turning to face the freaked out Andula. He held out his hand and helped her out. "Doubt he'd be bother you again..." he said before slowly walking away...

"HELP!!! No...please...someone help!!"

This cry was heard from outside of the tavern as someone bolted in. How they passed the large man at the door, no one knew. Nevertheless, the panicked man rushed in, arms flailing everywhere.

"What in the creator's name is going on?!"

"T-Their here!! The Lobos!!!"

Surprise Attack

The word "Lobos" threw everyone into a frenzy. Panic began to set in with the patrons of this establishment and the barkeep, try as he might, couldn't keep everyone from freaking out. Abel, on the other hand, rushed out of the tavern...

He paused as he sniffed the air around him. They were close and he could feel it. Screams were heard on his left, as he rushed towards them. He saw them, the Lobos in their wolf like forms, surrounding a child. The child's mother screamed out to her, but the wolves were already descended. The lead Lobos snarled before letting out a ear piercing howl as it lunged for the kill.

The kill, did not come. Before the lead Lobos was Abel, his hands gripped around the top and bottom of the wolf's jaw, growling back at it as he glanced at the child, watching it, in terror flee. The young Jaeger snarled before he ripped his hands further away from each other, until the Lobos let loose a pain filled howl, before dissipating in darkness. "Whose...next?"

[spoiler=OOC]

It's that time! The first main wave of battle has begun! The Lobos (wolf form) have descended upon Foblé. What are their intentions? It's definitely to kill and destroy. Your objective: Protect the townspeople and lay to waste every Lobos you come across.

Fight by yourself or aid your fellow, whatever you decide to do...do it now.

Oh things had gone from bad to worse it seemed. Standing at the bar Gavin felt the smallest tug on his coat and belt as if... “Someone's tryin ta steal yur knives Gavin...” He thought to himself. Sure enough, looking down there was a girl, hand wrapped around a knife already upholstered while the other hand held his coat. "Oi, what do ya think yur doin?” He growled and in a fell swoop grabbed the knife from her hand. This in turn made the sleeping man at the bar wake up and as Gavin was about to chastise the girl for touching his personal possessions, his arm was grabbed.”

"Fairly certain...that she was putting that back."

Gavin's eyes narrowed at the unwanted contact. Their eyes met, unflinching, and yet there was something...feral in the other man's eyes. A smile crossed his lips slowly as one word raced in Gavin's mind.. “Jaeger” He chuckled a bit and dropped his knife, catching it in his other hand and sheathing it quickly. Feigning intimidation he backed up speechless and turned to head out the door, pushing past a man seeming to run into the bar. “Outta my way kur....” He said as he burst into the sunlight. “This isn't over jaeger.....I'll have yur head fer this.” He thought to himself.

As he ventured outside, a cry pierced his ears, causing his head to snap in the other direction. A cry of terror? In this little town? Then a word hit his ears, starting in murmurs and eventually becoming screams. Lobos... His eyes looked around, seeing a crowd running from what looked like a pack of wolves. Out of the corner of his eye, he noted another smaller pack around a child, then in a flash, the Jaeger from before jumped into the frey, defending the child. “Oh good, looks like yur good fer somethin Jaeger...” He muttered under his breath as he took off, drawing his sword, rushing for the other pack he noticed, cornering a group of villagers. His sword was drawn in a flash of silver, followed by a streak of crimson as Lobo blood splashed on the cornered villagers. The Lobos focused on where the strike came from, behind them. “Oi, get yer arses outta here.” Gavin called out, motioning for the villagers to flee, which they did with no hesitation. His lips curled into a smirk as the wolves started stalking him, causing him to back up a bit. “That's a good buch o' mutts. Come an get some....” He chuckled under his breath, and suddenly they were apon him.

Sig was having the time of his life. That sweetheart Naia had brought him an enormous sum of gooses, gorgeous and scrumptious and fatty to the brim. His lips were sated with their greasy taste coating them. Sucking on each of his digits to get the last of the taste, he let out a big and mighty burp, followed by a yawn as he stretched out his arms. It had been a while since he had really good food like that. Perhaps it was the last big celebration back at the Merryhill Mill. Nonetheless he had very much enjoyed the treat, and in doing so the thought of his objective here had almost slipped from his mind. The master of the mill, Bronwen's Pa, was missing, and it didn't seem Naia was coming up with any leads thus far. She was kind enough to return to him with a mighty feast, he did not doubt her intentions one instance, but all the while he felt his hope slipping.

Sighing for a moment he brought his knees up to his chest and rested his arms across them, head sank in the little hoop. If he were a normal human being he'd be able to ask no problem, as well as get the food he wanted in a nice tavern. Ah, well, fate gave him a different set of cards. He wouldn't regret being born a jotunn, and he would not regret the gifts nature booned upon him. Still, it was hard living that solitary life, with those few beings he sees running in terror from the sight of him.

Returning his thoughts on a more positive note the geese glowed in his belly. "Mmm~" the giant hummed in delight. The warm treat would set him to sleep just right. "I'm sure she'll remember where I am." he spoke to himself almost as if to reassure him. "Not very easy to lose a giant, after all." Chuckling at the notion of him hiding despite his enormous size, he relaxed a little and stretched out, laying back and resting against the hill side, shutting his eyes for a nice little nap. The grass was soft against him as he rested his hands neatly upon his chest, and a gentle, yet soothing and quiet snoring began to echo from Sig as he took a moment to regain his energy and rest.

This would bring him up to speed on current events. Having a light nap, he was woken up from the screams of terror within the town of Foblé. Sitting upright and rubbing his eyes, Sig began to work himself to standing as he looked over the town with confusion. What on earth could be causing such fear? He wasn't near enough to warrant them screaming from the sight of him. Shutting his eyes and taking a deep breath he began to concentrate on the space around him, then the region, at one with nature to simply get an idea on what was happening.

And he felt movement. Rapid movement descending upon the town like a black storm of terror incarnate.

And he could only think of one person at that moment. Sig began to charge his way towards the town as he roared out Naia's name, worried for her sake. He had no idea about her combat abilities, and thought of her as a companion in trouble. The town's panic was clear, but it seemed that the dark wolves, the Lobos, were flocking to a particular direction. Just his luck, the centre of town, towards the tavern. Cussing to himself he charged into town in pursuit of the masses and, lo and behold, what he saw shocked him.

He saw a monstrous being, or rather a feral one, fighting alongside a very large, heavyset man fighting with brandished steel swords. The two were cutting down the Lobos one after another, working as quite an efficient team, while the town's folk were fleeing to safety thanks to the diversion the two created. Noting the animosity from the human to the Jaeger, Sig simply leered down at the tiny little wolves and cracked his knuckles with a grim smirk with nothing but vicious intent. He was going to mess them up.

The sheer size and intimidating aura of the giant cleared a circle of the Lobos away from him, but Lobos, much like wolves, were pack animals, and would tackle a bigger threat with numbers. Simply put, a large number of the dark wolves pounced and gnawed at Sig's legs, trying to immobilize him. A grand strategy in theory, but the giant's trousers and thick skin kept him safe from the maws. While the giant attempted to swat the wolves away, more began to pounce on his arms and sink their teeth into his forearms. Wincing and growling, Sig let out a mighty roar as he threw his arms up, swinging the Lobos with him, before crashing them down onto his legs, the violent shaking swinging the wolves on him like dolls and casting them aside.

Sig was getting pissed off, keeping the attention of many of the wolves on him leaving many susceptible to an effective ambush attack. Whether intimidated by his size, or sizing up the giant with more of their pack, much of the Lobos were fixated on the giant who would keep them in place by his commanding aura, though while his fierce eyes watched the wolves leer at him, his lips bellowed out once again "Naia! Where are you!?"

Gwyll came out of the bathroom refreshed and went back to the room where she left Andula before. "Hey, is everythi.... Uhm, Andula?! Where are you?" She said as she heard loud noises from downstairs. "Ugh, another fight, guess i'll have to stop by the carpenter to buy new furniture again!" Gwyll thought, annoyed. When she went downstairs she found Andula besides a tall, scary-looking man, she was in the verge of tears. "Oh here you are! Don't disappear like that again, okay? You had me very worried." She said with a smile hugging her.

Terror and Despair

Suddenly though, when peace seemed to be restored in the tavern, a man came in and shouted "T-Their here!! The Lobos!!!". "What? oh no! Hold my hand we need to get out of here, if we stay in here they might reach us." She said to Andula, who seemed scared. Gwyll ran out of the tavern holding Andula's hand, as a pack of black wolves was following them. They ran through the small village, everyone was panicking and hiding. They ran until Gwyll and Andula reached a dead-end. "Oh, please no! Stay behind me, i'll protect you!" Gwyll said, tears coming out of her closed eyes, she didn't have any sort of offensive power and could do nothing to protect Andula, this was the end.

A Mysterious Place

Gwyll, opened her eyes, expecting for the worst, but what she, instead of being surrounded by wolves, was surrounded by tall beautiful trees, butterfly were flying all around her and the forest was full of lively animals. "Where... am i?" she said. "Don't worry, young faerie, you're in the Fae Sanctuary, a place between dream and reality. I'm Titania, the queen of fairies, and i've called you here to gift you something. Your bravery and pureness of heart was deemed great enough to hold the power of one of the most powerful faerie artifacts. King Oberon's rapier, also know as Oberon's Courage, will help you protect your dear ones. Now go, your journey is long." said Titania. That was the most beautiful voice Gwyll ever heard, smooth, and like a song. "Oh, well, thank you, i don't know what to say." but before she could finish the sentence, she returned back to the village.

A Glimmer of Hope

The pack was still surrounding them, looking scarier than ever. "I will protect you!" Gwyll said, as between her hands, a rapier with a butterfly shaped handle appeared. "Now, vanish you foul creatures!" She said as she started slicing the shadow wolves with the rapier, making them turn into butterflies. "Now, let's go, we have a village to protect!"

"T-Their here!! The Lobos!!!" As soon as the dragon in disguise heard the words 'Lobos', he dashed out the door, throwing it open so hard the fragile piece of wood went flying from its hinges, becoming a makeshift projectile that embedded itself between the eyes of a Lobo, causing it to dissipate into wisps of shadow instantly. Akira paid no mind though as he untied the red headband fluttering on his arm and tied it to his forehead. Gone was the goofball Akira; now came the fighter, ready to get to work. His training took over, to the point he was nearly auto piloting his motions.

Standing his ground, smashing his shoulders into the wolves, the mighty Tetsuzankou launching the darkness across the street; hurling his palms into wolves, the Byakko Soushoda causing a loud noise to reverberate as he made contact; throwing a kick and immediately throwing another, the Renkantai snapping jaws instantly... this is what he trained for.

He finally took the time to look around him. The feral smelling one with a hood was fighting alongside the one covered in knives, cutting down the Lobos one after another, being a machine of Lobo death. A giant of a man was diverting the attention of a good portion of the dark demons away from the villagers and a butterfly rapier wielding woman. This was good. At this rate... it suddenly struck him.

They were all here, but that meant the other side of the village could have been overwhelmed with Lobos, and no one would be there to help! He dashed across the ground, headed to the giant. There was no way he could get to the other side on time on foot, so he had to improvise a faster way. He leapt into the air, landing on Abel's shoulders and launching himself off of them with a cry of,

"Sorry!" he landed on Sig's arm and ran as fast as he could up it and to his shoulders. "Gonna have to forgive me, sir,"He said as he took a leap off of the giant's shoulders and onto his head, sending all the energy he could to his legs and bouncing off the head of the giant, sending him soaring across the village. He landed on a roof, skidding across it, possibly ruining the tiles on it. There was more force behind it than he anticapted though, and it caused him to fly off the roof and land on top of a Lobo that was about to pounce on a cowering man. Akira groaned in pain before looking at the Lobo and elbowing its face into wispy shadows, standing up and taking his stance. Time to end this...

Naia slumped down in a vacant seat off a little way from the door. The search wasn't going well, causing her to fall into a mild depression. After all the friendly giant had done for her, she didn't want to return empty-handed. Sighing, she closed her eyes briefly… And woke up to the sounds of screaming and feral snarling. Almost jumping into the air several feet in surprise, she blearily rubbed her eyes to try to clear her sight while taking in the situation. Recognizing the familiar, monstrous appearances of the unwelcome guests, Naia muttered under her breath.

”These fraggin' wild dogs again? Give me a break, I'm busy right now, come back later! I'm searching for someone!”

Just as she was getting up to start fighting off the Lobos, a loud, rumbling roar could be heard, calling out her name. Naia smiled when she recognized the familiar voice of her larger-than-life benefactor. Within seconds, a thunderous stampeding sound could be heard as Sig charged down the hill to find her. The giant was bashing apart the feral beasts along with a few others, yelling out her name desperately. It seemed the situation was generally stable for now, but knowing the pack hunting tendencies of the Lobos and the burning desire to fight that had awoken inside of her, there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell she'd let this opportunity go.

Letting her energies expand out from her core with almost explosive force, her hair grew its familiar tongues of flame and tendrils of blue-black fire swirling and swarming around her body. Blasting open the door with enough strength to nearly rip off it off its hinges, Naia finally responded to the roll call, nodding at her friend with a large, warm smile

”Naia 'ere 'n' checkin' in!”

As one of the Lobos leapt towards her, she lunged at it even faster, slamming out a palm towards its head. An elegant spear formed from the endless flames surrounding her near instantaneously, piercing through the Lobos' head and out the back cleanly. Three other Lobos saw a chance to attack, with the girl's weapon being stuck in their mate's dead body, and pounced at her from behind in a spear-like formation. Without even bothering to turn, Naia lashed her left arm backwards in a wide arc. A broadsword that appeared to have formed lot of thin air brutally smashed through the three Lobos effortlessly. Getting up and dusting her clothes off, the weapons left behind in the dissolving bodies of the monsters erupted into flames, incinerating what was left before siphoning back into Naia. The remaining monsters were wary of the girl now, having seen what she could do, and remained prowling around but staying a safe distance away until their fellow Lobos would arrive in droves sooner or later.

Taking the chance for a brief respite from battle, Naia ran over to Sig, before giving him as big of a hug as she possibly could, being careful not to burn him with her flames. Looking up into the sky to try and meet the friendly giant's face, Naia's expression turned into a wide, mirthful grin, before she broke out into a short fit of giggling at all the absurdity that had just happened.

”Thanks for coming back for me, Sig!”

As the fight raged on, Jack remained on his butt with a shaking Babe beside him. Few Jaegers to Jack's knowledge couldnt defend themselves against these Lobos with this variable army of strength hoping up to defeat them so quickly. Provided that filthy humans are responsible for slaughtering his best friends and maybe even the only human he ever considered family: Jack had zero obligation to jump to their aid. No guilt in his cold empty heart socket for these unremarkable insignificant fickle creatures. He thinks this, but he knew if a Lobo had actually entered the bar he might stand up.

The bundle of bacon beside him was is primary concern. His travel companion. The back-up meat. Babe, the little blue ox had continued to shake beside Jack even though she knew of his impressive fighting prowess and virtual immortality. Jack's empty unexcited expression had softened as he pulled his eyebrows together. This new expression was one of concern for his fellow outcast. "Why do you fear those silly little puffs of smoke, Babe?" He spoke just loud enough to be heard by his companion from over the fighting outside the bar.

The small ox continued to shake. The white haired bone-thin male had finally looked to her back with more bold concern dancing on his features. She had been so rough with him and fearless when they were traveling normally. She'd waltz right up to random dudes and smell their shoes no matter how scary they were. Was this more about them being inside? Ox do tend to perform better outside. Lanky bone-like fingers hand gently ran over the fur between her little horns as Jack tried to comfort little Babe.

To his dismay, the shaking continued from his little friend with silly blue fur. Babe was so afraid that she did not hear Jack's words. She knew she was delicious after being cooked. Or even Raw in some circles. How would she fare alone with these Lobos? In her mind, Jack was a bone-head. She couldn't trust him to pay attention and keep her safe, he was a man. But, his clothes were sorta warm and his fake skin was almost kinda squishy. Comforting, she could almost label this person beside her that she had an easier time trusting since she didnt remember if it was Jack. Too frightened to look up, she shut her eyes so tight and didnt even register her head being rubbed.

"This bundle of Lobo' will fade shortly. I am sure the Bar-man will have our room ready after that and we can hide away in there until I figure out where we go next."

Even though this unlikely band of defenders stopped the wolfen Lobos, it didn't apparently stop them from calling more and more to descend. Out of the woodwork these creatures of damnation came...

"Sorry!"

Abel grunted as some young man leaped from his shoulder, before seeing it was the same one from the tavern. "Watch it!" he growled slightly, before turning to his side, only to have himself being blind-sided by a Lobo, knocking him down quite a bit away from where he was originally standing. He growled in pain, seeing the Lobos beginning to surround him, just snarling and baring their fangs.

His nails dug into the ground as he slowly got up, before he too began to snarl back at the Lobos, but deeper and more threateningly than they did. The young Jaeger quickly shot up a death glare to one of the Lobos, his feral gold eyes flashing a bit.

Battle

"You damned monsters..." he growled before slowly standing up. Abel brought his hand up to his face, wiping away a nice amount of blood from his face. "You'll pay for that..." Around Abel, a strange aura was present and dust from the ground began to kick up from it. "You messed...with the wrong beast!!"

Suddenly the Lobos began to back away in a frightened manner as they watched Abel begin to change...and not for the better. He let out a loud roar as fur began to sprout along his body, the horns on his head growing even larger, as did his claws and fangs. Soon a new creature would be standing right where Abel stood: a beast.

"Now...begone you demonic creatures!!" Abel roared out, before rushing towards the Lobos, slashing two of them with his claws. Now things were beginning to look even grimmer due to Abel's bestial form...but in a way, this began to help the unlikely group of defenders in its own way.

Thankfully, Akira's fears were unfounded. There were a few Lobos running around, however, it was manageable. Only a few people were actually even injured, and everyone managed to escape without dying. Still, it was good he came, otherwise, people may have died. Things maybe actually be going right for once.

And then he heard the roar. It was chilling to anyone that heard it. Anyone with any ounce of common sense would have ran in the other direction, but Akira didn't even know the meaning of the phrase common sense. He rushed as fast as he could in the direction of the roar. Without a giant to kick off of combined with the way everything looked the same to the young dragon, this was nearly an impossible task... in fact, he didn't even realize he was running in a giant circle and getting nowhere nearer to his goal...

If it wasn't for the apology, in all honesty, Sig would've attempted to swat and crush the individual who literally jumped up and off of him. An inner monologue of grumbling about being used as a climbing frame would've been fitting here but for the horde of the ruthless and unruly monsters that quite literally plagued the entirety of the town. Given the hostile nature of this setting it isn't at all unanticipated to expect someone approaching you could be hostile - but for the most part the only harm the fellow did was disorient Sig a little from the force he applied to his head from his little stunt. With a shake of his head and a slam of his fist into an open palm though, the Jotunn was back in the brawl.

Though in truth he was more surprised, but mostly relieved, to see the bright smile and, for that matter, surviving face of Naia, the ally he had made recently. Despite seeing her incredible display of flame-coated combat and her incredible attitude at slaughtering the Lobos, however, Sig saw a friend in danger and, as she hugged him, the giant lifted her up onto his shoulders, letting her straddle around his neck before glancing up to her. "Geez, young'un, you worried me half to death. You alright?"

With a grimace his glance returned to the fight, namely the wicked howl and transformation of another being who had turned into a brutal, beastial monster - no doubt another Jaeger. "Boy, it seems all us freaks showed up at the right time." Sig noted to Naia as he cracked his knuckles. "He's taking out Lobos though, guess that means he's on our side?" Asking the lass on his back Sig then realized that the dark canines were circling him again, preparing a counter attack.

The wolves were shortly upon him again, lunging at his legs and arms attempting to bring the giant down. Sig winced with the sharp pain of the bites stinging like a set of stabbing needles into his massive forearms. He endured it easy enough but he was not immune to harm. The colourful Jotunn was getting covered in shades of darkness from the hell hounds, but once again did he below and beat his might arms, shaking the wolves off of him. He was getting really pissed off, growling for a moment as he glanced to Naia.

He let his ferociously vicious snarl drop and gave her a warm and darling smirk, cheeky if anything, to try and reassure her everything was alright. "Sweetheart, do me an earnest, and show me what fireworks you can make of these pups?" The giant requested, before returning his attention to the Lobos, punching and stomping on what he could as he acted as a tower from which Naia would take no harm, at least for the mean time.

Though soon enough, Sig wouldn't take much more of the hordes of wolves. With wide sweeps of his arms clearing areas of them, it was only a matter of time before he'd do some collateral damage to put an end to this invasion. Letting out a loud below he did his beast to instil terror and fear into the wolves to try and have them flee. He hoped there couldn't be too much more of them.

Getting on top of Sig’s shoulders was a marvelous experience that would never get old for Naia. She giggled slightly at the giant’s worriedness. ”Don’tcha worry, I’m Naia after all, I won’t lose to a buncha dogs!” Her expression grew serious when the Lobos started to surround them once more. The flames around her grew larger and fiercer, turning an ink-black when she saw them trying to attack her friend. At the breath of Sig’s call for help, she leapt off his head lightly, being careful not to step too hard.

Flipping through the air and landing with a resounding thud, Naia immediately sprung into action. Chambering her right arm back, a glob of flame lengthened and spun until it formed a deadly javelin. Throwing her body weight behind it, she hurtled it through the air. Impaling three of the Lobos, the fire-tool soon exploded, taking out another few of the monsters. There was no time to relax though, as multitudes more soon came, filling in the gap left behind. Grimacing, she split her fire into two separate masses. Brandishing two war axes, she bolted straight into the ravenous crowd of Lobos. Swinging around the deadly blades like a whirling dervish, the smoky ash of dying Lobos soon thickened the air, making it hard to breathe.

Leaping back a few steps to rejoin Sig, sweat could be seen dripping down Naia’s brow. Mashing the two war axes together, they burst apart into their original flames, before reforming as a long flintlock rifle. ”What should we do? Doesn’t seem like they’re-a gonna let up any time soon!” Picking off Lobos that jumped at her with blasts of burning hot flame, it didn’t seem like there was any end to the continuous flood of monsters.

“I'm surrounded...by Jaegers!” Gavin screamed in his head as he heard not one, but multiple bellows of either rage or fury. Hacking up Lobos wasn't bad, what was getting to him was the fact that he was doing so near his own sworn foes. His teeth ground as more and more animosity welled in him. “How long can I keep up the facade of camaraderie before I snap on them?” He kept asking in his head. He tried steadying his breath as he continued to slay Lobo after Lobo, watching them vanish as more seemed to take their place. “Oh fer f**ks sake, This isn't working...” He yelled. “There has to be a way to get them out of this damn town and finish 'em off once and fer all. This useless fighting is getting' us nowhere quickly...” He turned suddenly, slicing of a Lobo's head in a flash of silver and shadow. His hands gripped his sword and a dagger as he fought two handed against insurmountable odds.

His mind raged watching the “Freaks” around him all working together like some kind of freak show. “Get them out of the town....deal with the freaks later Gavin.” He yelled in his head. “Focus on whats at hand.” Fire whized past his head and he narrowly dodged a swing of the giant's massive arm. “I'm gonna die if they don't start bein' more careful...” He growled.

”What should we do? Doesn’t seem like they’re-a gonna let up any time soon!”

His ears perked up at the statement and question, but for now he was at a loss for words. Could this attack last forever? “Just keep fightin'. Sooner or later they will run out of numbers!” He called out, hoping to spark some hope in the other, more so in himself, pushing his will to keep fighting along his new “Friends”.

• 2 weeks later...

As Gwyll hacked and slashed the Lobos into butterflies, Andula stood staunchly behind her, keeping watch. What can I do to help? How can I help her fight these evil beasts? While she thought this, Andula noticed something that was all too familiar to her. Glinting on the ground where the smoky black beasts had been demolished laid something glinting, begging to be found.

Making sure to become unseen, untouched, and unheard, Andula slipped towards the items that were calling to her. She bent down slightly and picked it up, and found it to be cold and hard; It was metal. It was a scratched up piece of a brownish-silverish metal. Why would shadow creatures drop something like this? Just then, Gwyll let out a cry of terror “Andula? Andula, where are you?!

Seeing their chance, the Lobos moved in upon the rapier-wielding girl, almost certain of their kill. “Gwyll, no! Look out!” As Andula said this, she ran as fast as she could and came crashing into the astonished Gwyll, surprised to hear the voice of the young girl.

As the Lobos came crashing down on them, though, they were not harmed. “Wh...How are you doing this Andula?” Gwyll asked in a whisper. “I have powers. I can disappear and stop people from touching me. I can share it too, but I can’t hold up for long. We need to get out of here. You can’t fight forever and I think I’m going to faint if I keep my powers on.

Okay, where to?” Gwyll said. Andula looked around for something, anything that could help them. Then she say it. She saw it running around in a big circle. She saw something lost. “This way. I see something” Andula said, tugging on Gwyll’s arm. Half-running, they reached the main road, where there stood a man with bright blonde hair and torn up, blue clothes. “Hey mister,“ Andula said, tugging at the man’s pants, turning visable and tangible once again “Think you can help us out?

Archived