Tojite [AGMGift, Written]

Draconus297

Tojin likes FLIP Rocks, Dark Scorpions, and Constellars/Batterymen.

So, LIGHT FLIP disruptive spam.

Here you go, man! Presents for EVERYONE in the AGM!

By the by, the naming convention here is [number that is double Level, or octuple Rank]C(arat) - [other light or gemstone term, intentionally misspelled] {I remember thinking Tojin's username was a real word that was simply misspelled, but for the life of me I can't remember what I thought it was}

The Xyz monsters' names are spelled correctly, though.

Tojite 4C - Dayod

LIGHT - Level 2 - Rock/Effect - 600/500

When this monster is Normal Summoned, you can reveal 1 "Tojite" monster in your hand: Set it. When this monster is flipped face-up, target 1 monster your opponent controls: return it to their hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 4C - Ringsett

LIGHT - Level 2 - Rock/Effect - 300/1000

If this monster is Special Summoned, you can send 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls to its original owner's hand. When this monster is flipped face-up, you can target 1 Level 4 or lower "Tojite" monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position, but it cannot flip face-down this turn. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 6C - Luman

LIGHT - Level 3 - Rock/Effect - 1100/1000

If this monster is face-up on your side of the field during your Standby Phase, you gain an additional Normal Set this turn. When this monster is flipped face-up, you can target 1 random card in your opponent's Graveyard: send it to their hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 6C - Penndan

LIGHT - Level 3 - Rock/Effect - 600/1500

If this monster is Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Tojite" monster from your hand, except "Tojite 6C - Penndan", but it cannot attack this turn. When this monster is flipped face-up, you can target up to 2 cards in either player's Graveyard: return them to their original owners' hand(s). Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 8C - Boolb

LIGHT - Level 4 - Rock/Effect - 1600/1500

If this monster is the only face-up "Tojite" monster you control, your opponent cannot Chain any effects to the effects of "Tojite" monsters. When this monster is flipped face-up, you can draw 1 card: If it is a "Tojite" card, you can send 1 card from our opponent's side of the field to their hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 8C - Figuir

LIGHT - Level 4 - Rock/Effect - 900/2000

When this monster is Summoned (except Flip Summon), you can draw 1 card: If it is a Rock-type monster, send the monster your opponent your opponent controls with the highest ATK to their hand (their choice, if tied). When this monster is flipped face-up, send the monster your opponent controls with the highest DEF to their hand (your choice, if tied). Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 10C - Lemmp

LIGHT - Level 5 - Rock/Effect - 2100/2000

If all monsters you control are face-down (min. 2), you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. If this monster battles, send the opposing monster to its original owner's hand instead of conducting damage calculation. When this monster is flipped face-up, return all Set Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls to their hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 10C - Aydul

LIGHT - Level 5 - Rock/Effect - 1200/2500

If a "Tojite" monster is flipped face-up during your opponent's turn, you can Special Summon this monster from your hand. When this monster is flipped face-up, target up to 3 face-up cards your opponent controls: return them to their original owner's hand(s). Once per turn, during your Main Phase, if this monster is face-up on your side of the field: Flip it face-down.

Tojite 16C - Twinkle Quartz

LIGHT - Rank 2 - Rock/Xyz/Effect - 1100/1700

3 Level 2 monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card has Xyz Material: You can flip all non-Xyz "Tojite" monsters you control face-down. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Flip 1 face-down monster you control face-up. If this monster has no Xyz Material: You can Special Summon 1 Rank 3 Xyz monster from your Extra Deck, using this card as Xyz Material (you can only activate this effect of "Tojite 16C - Twinkle Quartz" once per turn).

Tojite 24C - Glow Topaz

LIGHT - Rank 3 - Rock/Xyz/Effect - 1700/2500

3 Level 3 Rock-Type monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card has Xyz Material: You can flip all non-Xyz "Tojite" monsters you control face-down. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of the following effects:

-Flip up to 2 face-down monsters you control face-up.

-Send all face-up cards of a declared Type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) that your opponent controls to their hand. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

If this card has no Xyz Material: You can Special Summon 1 Rank 4 Xyz monster from your Extra Deck, using this card as Xyz Material (you can only activate this effect of "Tojite 24C - Glow Topaz" once per turn).

Tojite 32C - Shine Diamond

LIGHT - Rank 4 - Rock/Xyz/Effect - 2100/2800

3 Level 4 Rock-Type monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card has Xyz Material: You can flip all monsters on the field face-down, except "Tojite" Xyz monsters. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of the following effects:

-Flip up to 3 face-down monsters you control face-up.

-Send all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls to their hand. You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect,

If this card has no Xyz Material: You can Special Summon 1 Rank 5 Xyz monster from your Extra Deck, using this card as Xyz Material (you can only activate this effect of "Tojite 32C - Shine Diamond" once per turn).

Tojite 40C - Radiant Ruby

LIGHT - Rank 5 - Rock/Xyz/Effect - 2300/3300

3 Level 5 Rock-Type monsters

Once per turn, during either player's turn, if this card has Xyz Material: You can flip all other cards on the field face-down, except "Tojite" Xyz monsters. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of the following effects:

-Flip up to 4 face-down monsters you control face-up (this is a Quick Effect).

-Send all cards your opponent controls back to their original owner's hand(s). You cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect.

If this card has no Xyz Material, you can attach all "Tojite" Xyz monsters in your Graveyard to this card as Xyz Material. Xyz Materials cannot be detached for the remainder of the current turn if you activate this effect.

Tojite Quarry

Continuous Spell

If you control 2 or more face-up "Tojite" monsters, you can add 1 "Tojite" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate this effect of "Tojite Quarry" once per turn.

Excess of Riches

Continuous Spell

This card cannot leave the field if there is at least 1 face-up "Tojite" monster on the field. When a card is added to a player's hand outside their normal Draw, except by the effect of "Excess of Riches", that player must draw 2 cards. 

Distracting Riches

Continuous Spell

You can only activate this card if there are 2 or more "Tojite" monsters face-up on the field. When a card is added to your opponent's hand outside their normal Draw: they cannot activate that card or its effects (and if the card is a monster, they cannot Summon it) until your next Standby Phase.

What do you think, Tojin?

Duuuuude, these are amazing! I'll add a full review later, as I really ought to be sleeping right now, but these are pretty much everything I've ever wanted in an archetype. If these actually existed (and Morphing Jar #2 wasn't banned), I'd play them in a heartbeat.

Also, my name isn't a misspelling anything (as far as I know, anyway); I was trying to come up with something original for a Minecraft username, and Tojin was the first thing I thought up that didn't sound like scheiss, so now it's evolved into my go-to name for anything Internet.

Oh-kay! Time to review these cards you've so kindly made for me! I kinda wish that there was more Dark Scorpion-esque effects, but that's negligible anyway. Here goes!

Dayod - Looks like a nice swarmer that also has a neat Golem Sentry-esque effect. I think the low stats balance it out nicely.

Ringsett - Another swarmer, this time from the grave, which procs the effects of several other monsters, and with a pretty decent SS effect. I like it.

Luman - Nice little Double Summon effect helps swarm more, and decent stats, though the flip effect is kinda meh. Can be nice for getting rid of things like Plaguespreader or something like that.

Penndan - More swarming! Procs more SS effects, has a negligible restriction, and has a pretty good recycling/grave disruption effect. Very nice.

Boolb - I'm... not sure how the first effect is supposed to work. If Boolb is the only face-up Tojite I control, and I flip another one to use its effect, doesn't that make Boolb's effect null and void, since it's not the only face-up Tojite I control anymore? Well, regardless, its second effect is damn handy, and it has pretty good stats as well.

Figuir - Ooh, more draw power and bouncing, with a nice, beefy 2000 DEF body to boot! Me gusta!

Lemmp - The archetype's beater, it seems like, and a one-sided Grand Mole/pseudo-Giant Trunade as well. Very nice.

Aydul - Neat little SS condition, and a flip effect reminiscent of Guardian Sphinx, one of my favorite Yugioh cards. My favorite card of the lot.

Twinkle Quartz - Very nice support monster. I like the pseudo-Rank-Up effect that all the Xyzs (bar Ruby) have. It helps out with summoning the Xyzs, especially when there are only 2 members of each level in the archetype.

Glow Topaz - This guy reminds me a lot of Guardian Sphinx as well, but better, since he can also do some flip shenanigans (though admittedly, every Xyz here can do that to some degree).

Shine Diamond - One-sided Giant Trunade with nice stats, the usual flip shenanigans, and the ability to set almost every monster on the field. Very, very nice. I like that's it's splashable in other Rock decks, too.

Radiant Ruby - A very fitting boss. Can set everything except itself and other Xyzs, then flip up all your set Tojites, bounce you opponent's entire field, and then get back more Xyz Materials to do it all again next turn, with a 3300 DEF to back it all up. Overpowered? Almost certainly. But do I care?... Sorta. =P

The Xyzs as a whole - You may want to add a once per turn clause to the Xyzs, as things can get pretty damn busted with the Xyzs how they are now (except Twinkle Quartz).

Quarry - Resource accumulation, plain and simple. Pretty obviously based on Raidraptor - Nest, but I won't hold that against you.

Excess - ...Gonna point you towards Appropriate. All it needs is to have something of your opponent's get bounced, and you've suddenly drawn through your whole deck. I like the concept though.

Distracting - ...Huh. That's an interesting little card. Adds a nice stun aspect to the deck, and requiring >2 face-up Tojites is a nice way of balancing it. Definitely my favorite card of the bunch.

Boolb takes advantage of that half-window where a FLIP monster both is and isn't face-up. Shrodinger's card. Basically, if you're flipping Tojites individually, Boolb can prevent effect chains.

The OPT on flipping your Tojites face-down makes giving OPT to the "flip things face-up" effects kinda redundant, but perhaps. On the bouncing, putting an OPT on that would be pointless, ne? Especially since you can't use it on your opponent's turn.

It's hard to make resource gathering original without rendering it absurd.

No, no, no- you make YOUR OPPONENT draw through their whole Deck. Making draw milling a thing.

Thank you, sir.

Archived