Rank 10 Domination - Starship Archetype

Aman Indra

Well, this is just a little tribute to trains, i like their play style and this is just a more competitive and efficient take on them.

CnC will be appreciated. 

Main Deck Monsters :

[spoiler=Starship Explorer]Starship Explorer
DARK/Machine/Effect
Level 10
0 ATK / 0 DEF
You can Normal Summon this card without tributing. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect: You can add 1 "Starship" monster from your Deck to your Hand except "Starship Explorer". You can only use this effect of "Starship Explorer" once per turn.

OtC6kAU.jpg               

[spoiler=Starship Booster]Starship Booster
DARK/Machine/Effect
Level 10
0 ATK / 0 DEF
When you Normal Summon or Special Summon a "Starship" monster from your Hand or Graveyard : You can Special Summon this card from your Hand. You cannot Special Summon monster(s) other than Machine-Type monster(s) the turn you activate this effect. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect: You can Add 1 "Starship" monster from your Graveyard to your Hand except "Starship Booster". You can only use this effect of "Starship Booster" once per turn.

M9jHeOJ.jpg                       

[spoiler=Starship Destroyer]Starship Destroyer
DARK/Machine/Effect
Level 10
0 ATK / 0 DEF
If there are 2 or more "Starship" monster(s) on the field; You can Special Summon this card from your Hand. Monster(s) you control except "Starship" monster(s) cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect: You can Add 1 "Starship" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your Hand. You can only use this effect of "Starship Destroyer" once per turn.

kTXAxBU.jpg     

[spoiler=Starship Legion]Starship Legion
DARK/Machine/Effect
Level 10
0 ATK / 0 DEF
When a "Starship" monster you control is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard : You can Special Summon this card from your Hand in defense position. If this card is detached from an Xyz Monster and sent to the Graveyard to activate that monster's effect : Destroy a Spell/Trap card on the Field. You can only use this effect of "Starship Legion" once per turn.

UQ0VzOA.jpg     

Extra Deck Monsters :

[spoiler=Starship Plasma Burst]Starship Plasma Burst
DARK/Machine/Xyz/Effect
Rank 10
3000 ATK / 2800 DEF
2 Level 10 Machine-Type monsters
When this card is Xyz summoned : Target and destroy 1 monster and 1 Spell/Trap card on the field. Monster(s) you control (except this card) cannot attack the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during either player's turn : You can detach an Xyz material from this card and target 1 "Starship" monster you control; that target cannot be targeted by, or be destroyed by an Opponent's card effect until end of the turn.

QBV4wZZ.jpg   

[spoiler=Starship Orbiter]Starship Orbiter
DARK/Machine/Xyz/Effect
Rank 10
2800 ATK / 3000 DEF
2 Level 10 monsters
As long as this card has a "Starship" monster attached to it as an Xyz material : Your Opponent cannot activate monster effects in the Graveyard. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a non-Machine-Type monster activates it's effect : You can detach an Xyz material from this card; Negate the activation.

Vt3ySBQ.jpg           

[spoiler=Starship War Station]Starship War Station
DARK/Machine/Xyz/Effect
Rank 10
3500 ATK / 3200 DEF
3 Level 10 "Starship" monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can discard 1 card;  Target 1 Face-Up card your Opponent controls; send it to the Graveyard.  Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach an Xyz material from this card and discard 1 card ; Draw 2 cards. Unaffected by an Opponent's monster effects as long as you control another rank 10 or higher Xyz monster.

Ql0a8ZD.jpg             

Spells :

[spoiler=Starship Terminal]Starship Terminal
Field Spell Card
When a "Starship" monster is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Starship" monster from your Deck to your Hand with a different name than the Special Summoned monster. You can only use this effect of "Starship Terminal" once per turn. The effect(s) of "Starship" Xyz monster(s) you control cannot be negated by Spell/Trap card effects. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect and sent to the Graveyard: You can attach it to a "Starship" Xyz monster you control as an Xyz material instead.

67s8nl9.jpg     

[spoiler=Starship Space Rumble]Starship Space Rumble
Continuous Spell Card
You take no battle damage from attacks involving a "Starship" monster. When a "Starship" monster you control attacks or is attacked, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. Banish this card if you do not control a "Starship" Xyz monster.

TLYh1v0.jpg           

[spoiler=Starship Departure]Starship Departure
Quick play Spell Card
Target 1 "Starship" Xyz monster you control; until the end of this turn, that target's Attack and defense is halved, but is unaffected by other card effects. Once per turn, except the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Banish this card from your Graveyard and discard 1 card; Destroy a non Machine-Type monster your Opponent controls.

qhbAltN.jpg         

Trap Cards :

[spoiler=Starship Arrival]Starship Arrival
Continuous Trap Card
Special Summon of "Starship" Xyz monster(s) cannot be negated. Once per turn, during either plater's turn When you Opponent activates a Spell/Trap card while you control a "Starship" Xyz monster: You can pay 1000 Life Points; Negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. When this set card is sent to the Graveyard: You can discard 1 card; Draw 2 cards.

ob3N6aD.jpg     

[spoiler=Starship Command Center]Starship Command Center
Continuous Trap Card
Activate this card by paying 1000 life points. Your Opponent cannot set card(s) on the field as long as you control a "Starship" Xyz monster. Banish this card when it leaves the field.

yGQexTB.jpg

So, thats it so far, cnc will be important as they will get added to DP subsequently, will add remaining extra deck monster with spell/traps as well. So what do you guys think ?

RANK

TRAINS STARSHIPS

*ahem* Anyway, these look pretty neat! I do have a few concerns with Arrival, Space Rumble, and Departure, though.

Space Rumble definitely needs some kind of upkeep cost, like LP payments or discarding cards every Standby Phase, or something of the like. Arrival is relatively minor; I would just recommend that you change its last effect so that you have to discard a card first. That's just me, though, and it's not necessary you make the change for it to not be broken, since it's not already. With Departure, I think needs the last bit to be changed to "If you do not control a "Starship" Xyz Monster, banish this card." As it is now, there's not much of a point to it being banished when it leaves the field, since there's usually not really any way to get it back that you'd be running in this deck anyway.

Other than those (pretty small) things, I think you've done pretty well with this archetype! I look forwards to seeing more from you!

So these are super interesting, not only in their manner but in some of their synergy. I think the coolest thing here is unlike Trains, these guys have a Salvage in the form of Recurring Nightmare, which is quite legit. You also can run some other weird techs, and I kinda wish there was a Level 4 in here to work with such, but eh, I'll take the rest since it is solid. Looking at each card individually:

Explorer is actually really cool, with the concept being really interesting and taking the lead as one of the better cards in the Deck just as being the searcher, while also remaining relatively fair.

Booster is pretty neat, sort of a slightly better Kagetokage, and has some rather interesting applications. In particular, I think this would make Call of the Haunted/Oasis decent in this and also making 3 Mats more manageable! Would be interesting to see what you can do between this and Explorer. The recycling is also nice, and combined with Recurring, it makes the Grave presence in this Deck heavy!

Destroyer is about equally as interesting. I also see a thing going on here. Explorer->Booster->Destroyer->3 Mat. That's pretty damn solid, albeit rather costly in hand advantage, but with Recurring Nightmare, I don't see it being TOO bad at all. The S/T search isn't bad either.

Legion is super interesting, as it is a Green Baboon of sorts. The detach for MST is also rather interesting, and would have some cool applications with cards like No. 81. My interest in the archetypal Xyz has piqued.

Plasma Burst is really cool, being a sort of different No. 81 of sorts. It's not quite as strong, but it makes up for that in the form of its amazing removal effect! That removal is one hell of a big blow, and I think it acts as a rather unexpected element of this archetype. I think it's fair to say one can roll with that

Orbiter I feel is a bit much, and is kind of a too much of a middle finger, especially in a Deck like this that can fully recovery after losing said card. I would recommend something lighter flood wise, perhaps a Necrovalley would work, and maybe just having the negate be a flat out negate instead of it also destroying. You have a 3000 DEF and a flood effect already, I think that's the least that can be done for it

War Station is quite incredible, but the problem the makes it rather underwhelming is that it requires another monster to do most of the things you can do with it. I think the best way to approach this would be instead of drawing to just have it do what Starships already do best, drop from the hand. Nightmare makes it rather easy, and just being able to fulfill the requirements for other Starship cards is pretty damn solid and will turn on this card as a whole.

Terminal is pretty damn cool, and really helps the chain of events get going. I could see sort of a cycle going with Terminal, Explorer, and Booster being the opening hand that gets advantage going.

Space Rumble is pretty cool, but I'ma agree that it needs some sort of cost to keep itself going. As a whole though, I like the concept

Departure is another cool tool, but the in Grave effect needs a discard for sure, and maybe limit it to your MP only since it is technically still Spell Speed 2

Going to quote Tojin and say the discard should be first for the float.

Command Center is somewhat concerning at first sight, but realistically it is sort of just a more flexible but more requiring Royal Decree, so I can dig it.

So as a whole, I like these guys, but the one thing I reccomend, these guys really need a Valhalla of sorts! I actually would recommend making another Field Spell that caters to this (Since it would be searchable via Terraforming AND the Destroyer). While there are plenty of ways to get yourself going after you made your first Xyz, if you don't open Explorer you are kind of screwed. A Valhalla for the archetype would fix this problem by a longshot. But yeah, few changes as mentioned above and I really think these guys got what it takes as a more interesting take on the R10 engine :)

So these are super interesting, not only in their manner but in some of their synergy. I think the coolest thing here is unlike Trains, these guys have a Salvage in the form of Recurring Nightmare, which is quite legit. You also can run some other weird techs, and I kinda wish there was a Level 4 in here to work with such, but eh, I'll take the rest since it is solid. Looking at each card individually:

Explorer is actually really cool, with the concept being really interesting and taking the lead as one of the better cards in the Deck just as being the searcher, while also remaining relatively fair.

Booster is pretty neat, sort of a slightly better Kagetokage, and has some rather interesting applications. In particular, I think this would make Call of the Haunted/Oasis decent in this and also making 3 Mats more manageable! Would be interesting to see what you can do between this and Explorer. The recycling is also nice, and combined with Recurring, it makes the Grave presence in this Deck heavy!

Destroyer is about equally as interesting. I also see a thing going on here. Explorer->Booster->Destroyer->3 Mat. That's pretty damn solid, albeit rather costly in hand advantage, but with Recurring Nightmare, I don't see it being TOO bad at all. The S/T search isn't bad either.

Legion is super interesting, as it is a Green Baboon of sorts. The detach for MST is also rather interesting, and would have some cool applications with cards like No. 81. My interest in the archetypal Xyz has piqued.

Plasma Burst is really cool, being a sort of different No. 81 of sorts. It's not quite as strong, but it makes up for that in the form of its amazing removal effect! That removal is one hell of a big blow, and I think it acts as a rather unexpected element of this archetype. I think it's fair to say one can roll with that

Orbiter I feel is a bit much, and is kind of a too much of a middle finger, especially in a Deck like this that can fully recovery after losing said card. I would recommend something lighter flood wise, perhaps a Necrovalley would work, and maybe just having the negate be a flat out negate instead of it also destroying. You have a 3000 DEF and a flood effect already, I think that's the least that can be done for it

War Station is quite incredible, but the problem the makes it rather underwhelming is that it requires another monster to do most of the things you can do with it. I think the best way to approach this would be instead of drawing to just have it do what Starships already do best, drop from the hand. Nightmare makes it rather easy, and just being able to fulfill the requirements for other Starship cards is pretty damn solid and will turn on this card as a whole.

Terminal is pretty damn cool, and really helps the chain of events get going. I could see sort of a cycle going with Terminal, Explorer, and Booster being the opening hand that gets advantage going.

Space Rumble is pretty cool, but I'ma agree that it needs some sort of cost to keep itself going. As a whole though, I like the concept

Departure is another cool tool, but the in Grave effect needs a discard for sure, and maybe limit it to your MP only since it is technically still Spell Speed 2

Going to quote Tojin and say the discard should be first for the float.

Command Center is somewhat concerning at first sight, but realistically it is sort of just a more flexible but more requiring Royal Decree, so I can dig it.

So as a whole, I like these guys, but the one thing I reccomend, these guys really need a Valhalla of sorts! I actually would recommend making another Field Spell that caters to this (Since it would be searchable via Terraforming AND the Destroyer). While there are plenty of ways to get yourself going after you made your first Xyz, if you don't open Explorer you are kind of screwed. A Valhalla for the archetype would fix this problem by a longshot. But yeah, few changes as mentioned above and I really think these guys got what it takes as a more interesting take on the R10 engine :)

Made changes to orbiter, he negates monster effect in grave and only negates, station art is now cooler with a discard effect, rumble got a banish clause, departure effect in grave has been edited with discard and arrival now makes you discard first. I will update with more support in a few days :).

Archived