Seer - Let's Stride to the future~! [11/11]

[spoiler=Maindeck stuff]

jIqhAZQ.jpg

You can target 1 Level 4 LIGHT "Seer" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position. Its effects are negated. You can only use the effect of "Stellar Seer" once per turn, and you can only summon Spellcaster-Type monsters the turn you use this effect
Q58abQc.jpg

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: Reveal 1 monster in your hand; Excavate the top 7 cards of your deck, add 1 Excavated LIGHT "Seer" monster to your hand, then place the remaining Excavated cards on the bottom of your deck in any order. This effect of "Diamond Seer" can only be used once per turn. This card's level is treated as 8 if discarded for the summon of a "Seer" monster.

60PvYJS.jpg

If you control a "Seer" monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only summon Spellcaster-Type monsters the turn you use this effect

PBT6C4L.jpg

During either players's turn: You can discard this card to target 1 "Seer" Xyz monster; it cannot be destroyed by card effects until the End Phase this turn. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can flip 2 "Seer" monsters face-up in your Extra Deck face-down to target 1 other "Seer" monster in your Graveyard; place both this card and that target on top of your deck, in any order.

moAZlvl.jpg

During either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated that would inflict damage to you: You can discard this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy that card. During either player's Battle Phase: You can discard this card; reduce the next battle damage you would take this turn to 0. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can flip 2 "Seer" monsters face-up in your Extra Deck face-down to place this card on the bottom of your Deck, and if you do, Excavate the top 7 cards of your deck, add 1 Excavated "Seer" monster to your hand, then place the remaining Excavated cards on the bottom of your deck in any order.

SzmVwvv.jpg

If your opponent controls a monster while you control no monsters: You can return 4 monsters from your graveyard to the bottom of your deck in any order: Special Summon this card (from your hand). If this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: Target 1 "Seer" Xyz Monster in your graveyard; Attach it to this card as Xyz Material. This card gains the name and ATK of its Xyz Materials, also it is treated as an Xyz Monster. If this card is used as Xyz Material: Declare 1 card name and reveal the top card of your deck; If the card you revealed has the same name, add it to your hand.

[spoiler=Xyzs]

X1ZlsiL.jpg

2 Level 4 Spellcaster-Type monsters
Cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and discard 1 card; Add 1 "Seer" monster from your Graveyard to your hand. If this card is used as Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a rank 5 or higher Xyz Monster: Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, add 1 of them to the hand, place 1 on the bottom and top of your deck.

io5RIa4.jpg

2 Level 4 "Seer" Monsters
Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and target 1 "Seer" monster in your graveyard and 1 card in your opponent's graveyard; Shuffle the first into the deck, then banish the second target. If this card is used as Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a Rank 5 or higher monster: Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck; If 1 or more "Seer" monsters are revealed, Target 1 card on the field, destroy it, then choose 1 of your monsters, and it gets 500 ATK. Place the revealed cards on the top of your deck in any order.

3fQwXYp.jpg

2 Level 5 Spellcaster-Type monsters
You can Xyz Summon this card while it is face-down in your extra deck by discarding Spellcaster-type monsters whose total levels equal 5 or more and using a "Seer" monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that card are also attached to this card.) When this card is Xyz Summoned, if you control no other cards and your hand size is 1 or less: You can draw 3 cards, then place 2 cards in your hand on the bottom of your deck. During the End Phase, return this card face-up to the Extra Deck and return its Xyz Material to the field.

C3ux8x9.jpg

2 Level 6 Spellcaster-type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding monsters whose total levels equal 6 or more and using a "Seer" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that card are also attached to this card.) Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can draw 1 card. If you drew a "Seer" monster: Reveal it to your opponent; This card gains 500 ATK, also, you can banish 1 face-up card on the field. During the End Phase: Return this card to the Extra Deck face-up and return its Xyz Materials to the field in their original positions.

RppJNOy.jpg

2 Level 7 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding Spellcaster-type monsters whose total levels equal 7 or more and using a "Seer" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that card are also attached to this card.) Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can discard 2 cards and flip 1 "One Who Protects Life, Yggdrasil Seer" face-down in your Extra Deck face-up; Until the End Phase, this card gains the following effect: •During the Battle Phase, if this card attacks and you control no other monsters: Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, choose up to 1 of those cards, add it to your hand, then place the rest of the revealed cards to the top or bottom of your deck in any order, also, if the number of face-up cards in your Extra Deck is 3 or more, this card can attack twice per Battle Phase. During the End Phase, return this card to your Extra Deck face-up, and return its Xyz Materials to your field.

IR5Wo5d.jpg

2 Level 8 Spellcaster-type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by discarding Spellcaster-type monsters whose total levels equal 8 or more and using a "Seer" Xyz Monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that card are also attached to this card.) Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can discard 1 card and flip 1 "One Who Sees The Stars, Messiah Seer" face-down in your Extra Deck face-up; Until the End Phase, this card gains the following effect: •During the Battle Phase, if this card attacks and you control no other monsters: Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck, choose up to 2 of those cards, add them to your hand, then place the rest of the revealed cards to the top or bottom of your deck in any order, also, if the number of face-up cards in your Extra Deck is 3 or more, this card is unaffected by other card effects. During the End Phase, return this card to your Extra Deck face-up, and return its Xyz Materials to your field.

I'll be honest. I was typing the review up yesterday, but I accidentally refreshed and lost it all. The autosave didn't save anything.

This post will be re-edited once I finish re-typing it... Someday. Looks like the day is today.

Stellar: Sets up a easy Rank 4 Spellcaster Xyz with the effect, and I'm guessing that the monsters are the main focal point of this deck. So it can also target itself as well. Hoever, you forgot to include whether or not it is Once per turn:, During either player's turn:, or When this card is Summoned, you can: behind Seer's effect. This leads to confusion as the player's wouldn't know if it is an Ignition, Quick, or a trigger effect.

Diamond: So Diamond sets up Seer by attemping to get a copy into your hand on its Summon. Nothing wrong there, and the placing on the bottom in any order is a reference to CFV, since a certain white-haired girl has the ability of having a phenomenal memory. The last effect I need to see what the Mikos actually do before making a decision.

Circle: Increases the possibility of having 3 Level 4 spellcasters on the field. Nothing wrong with that, except there's no hard OPT on the Summon effect, I'll re-check this one once I look over the Extra Deck.

Conical: There's nothing wrong with the first effect... Yet. The second effect I'm somewhat confused about, because the only monsters that are face-up and in the Extra Deck are Pendulum Monsters. Aside from the first part, the second part was fine. I'll see if this effect is due to the Extra Deck.

Tetragon: Okay, I see. This is basically a way to reverse Conical's effect, because she flips them face-up. Has the effect of Damage Juggler, and can return herself to the Main Deck from the Graveyard while giving you a +1. The lack of OPT is discerning though, but I'll give a final judgment when I finish.

Cuore: So... I guess it isn't anything bad to turn an effect monster to an Xyz. Not sure how it will be used as Xyz Material, other than Xyz Evolution. OPT on effects is not needed as it is too costly to Summon normally compared to its own effect. Stats should be fine.

Floral: Hmm... Being undestructable in battle and at 2100 DEF for a rank 4 might be a little too much. Aside, from the other effects, which are all good, only the first part stuck out. Would recommend reduing her attack to atleast 2000.

Blade: The problem with this card is that it would force a shuffle when you return the hard, re-arranging the order again. The poor player will have to start re-excavate and memorize a second time, Also, the Xyz Evolution effects have no hard OPTs on them. This could become problematic as you would dominate the game with the flood of excavation searches. Stats are quite high as well, and it might be best to go to 2400 or 2300 ATK with 2000 Def for this card

Ring: Okay, now I am seeing what the deck is trying to get at here. They go for an Xyz for effects, and return to normal at the End Phase. This is a YGO version of CFV Stride. Also, it looks like Diamond's wording was wrong, Was supposed to be Seer, not Miko. Still worrisome because the possibility of getting 3 copies of this card out in a single turn isn't that much of a difficult feat. Would recommend hard OPTing the last effects for balance.

Magatama: Again, Magatama gives an automatic +1 pretty much upon summon. Not only that, he can gain an ATK boost as well as a non-target banish. Although they do return to the Extra Deck during the End Phase, I still think a hard OPT clause would be required for this. However, it's really up to you to test it out to make sure the card wouldn't cause a swarm or flood of combos/monsters.

Yggdrasil: Due to the amount of effort to Summon this card, I guess that the effects are fair. A 2700 monster attacking 3 times per BP isn't really that bad considering the limitations. Discarding 2 for a flip is worthwhile since you can add an excavated card from attacking.

Note: Wtf. Rank-up Magic Astral Force is still a thing. Screw striding, just start at the Rank 4 and use Astral, get a +1, and work your way from there. Well, even if you can't SS other monsters, you just have to work on keeping the Rank 4 on the field. Also, if the Xyz Monsters don't have any Xyz Material, does it mean that they cannot be returned to the Extra deck?

Messiah: Wut. Excavate 2, and add up to 2? Lol. The other effects are fine, but this card isn't as good as Yggdrasil (Although your hand can be replenished). This deck makes me think that you're going to deck out fast with the amount of excavated adding and draws in one turn, though. 

Overall, eh... the Summoning is interesting for the Xyz. However, it's kind of boring when you continuously apply effects like Synchro laddering. You might want to test out the issue of possible swarming and drawing though, and what effect would Astral Force have on this deck. But tbh, this deck isn't really all that hype with the amount of Xyz laddering it does. (Personal Opinion).

Final Rating: 7/10.

This looks really cool! First off great choice of card art, it fits well. 

Okay, so the thing I don't understand is that you somehow have face up Seer cards in your extra deck, then flip them face down. Unless you are playing with your extra deck face up, which is not what's done, you should change the effects to flip them face up. The only other way I could see it working is if this was a pendulum archetype, but then I'd argue that they woudl be very difficult to get going without some effects to put them there. Anyway, lets get into the cards.

Stellar Seer seems pretty standard, a nice Wolfbark for the deck that locks you into spellcasters. Not too much to say about her.

Diamond Seer got me really excited, but then I realized she wouldn't be able to break my Sylvans :c. She is really good though, and the heavy excavate effect is nice ly balanced by them not going to the top of deck. The discard for summon of a Seer is nice idea, works very well with the bosses later.

Circle Seer is another standard card, it's nice to know that your Diamond won't be useless on the field after your normal summon it. Another summon restriction, but preventing the deck from being a R4 toolbox is a nice direction. 

Conical Seer is very well balanced. It's nice to see you didn't go with the "can't be targeted, can't be untargeted, can't even be looked at" effect that makes children cry. The recycling effect is very nice, and not something you see every day. Pair that with the cards you are using around it and it can set your deck up nicely. This is where I'd say let it grab any monster rather than just a Seer; the very nice utility and ability to set up Gishki and Sylvan would make hybrids possible. These decks do similar things, I woudl be interested to see if you could splash them as engines into this deck. Also, I would recommend removing the Xyz restriction for it's discard effect, that really hurts it's uptime.

Tetragon Seer is a awesome card, being a damage preventer and a searcher if you use it for something. The 2000 defense is a great idea since if you set it they may not be able to get through it and you would still have a 4* on field.

Cuore Seer is actually crazy in a good way. This is a great reason to run reasoning or other mill cards, getting you cards in grave for its effect. The second effect of being an Xyz monster is novel, though I'm not sure about it's usefullness, especially if you change Conical how I suggested. Replacing this effect with something else, preferably a graveyard effect or something; even a discard to Excavate, then add a Seer and send all other seers to grave would be welcome.

Floral is pretty crazy, but a couple of things. Lowering her defense by a lot and forcing her to be in attack to not be destroyed by battle would make the card fine, being safe from battle should come at a cost of taking battle damage or material, which your deck can handle fine anyway. The search effect is a nice addition, and you even get to go even or plus when you Xyz with her.

Blade Seer has too much going for her, being grave hate on a 2500/2500 that can destroy something if you Xyz. I'd drop her defense to 1000 for having a very relevant effect and a high attack.

Ring Seer is really good, being a nice situational comeback card. I'm not sure how often you'll get to use it, but if you do you're back in the game.

Magatama Seer awesome, reminding me of Zeilgigas. Very nice, although not conistent, removal and attack gain.

Yggdrasil Seer has a huuuge weakness to effect veiler, making you discard 2 even if the effect is negated. I'd change the effect to this : "Once while this card is face-up on the field you can activate this effect: You can discard 2 cards and flip 1 "One Who Protects Life, Yggdrasil Seer" faceidk  in your Extra deck face-not sure: Until the End Phase, this card.... you get the drift. This way they can negate the effect, but you wouldn't have discarded yet when they do, you not minusing.

Same thing with Messiah Seer, unless you want the discard to happen either way. Also, idk why you would ever want to not add both cards to your hand with her, i don't htink excavating is worth just taking the extra card.

Nice job tho, keep it up!

You cant actually stack the effects of the Rank 4s when they are used as Xyz Material :o

That's why there's no OPT on any of them, because you can only use it when you RUM on it or you Stride on it. It's the same ruling as Star Drawing and why stacking Utopias on top of an Utopia that has Star Drawing as Xyz Mat wont draw you a million cards. As for the swarming concerns - The deck can't do it without the help of clowns. Mostly because you do need to keep cards in hand as cost for next turn's Stride. As a sidenote though, Astral Force isn't actually that good in this aside from the Floral -> Magatama play, which even then is not that amazing.

You cant actually stack the effects of the Rank 4s when they are used as Xyz Material :o

That's why there's no OPT on any of them, because you can only use it when you RUM on it or you Stride on it. It's the same ruling as Star Drawing and why stacking Utopias on top of an Utopia that has Star Drawing as Xyz Mat wont draw you a million cards. As for the swarming concerns - The deck can't do it without the help of clowns. Mostly because you do need to keep cards in hand as cost for next turn's Stride. As a sidenote though, Astral Force isn't actually that good in this aside from the Floral -> Magatama play, which even then is not that amazing.

Destroy them on purpose and COTH/Oasis 3 copies of whatever you want back. What I had initially meant by stacking is that you use the Xyz Monster's effect before striding again, and repeating the process as you move up ranks. 

Also, 2X Astral force is just hilarious. Besides, none of the Rank 5+ monsters need Xyz Materials to resolve their effects. Soul Charge a s*** ton of them back for like a +?. XD

Destroy them on purpose and COTH/Oasis 3 copies of whatever you want back. What I had initially meant by stacking is that you use the Xyz Monster's effect before striding again, and repeating the process as you move up ranks. 

Also, 2X Astral force is just hilarious. Besides, none of the Rank 5+ monsters need Xyz Materials to resolve their effects. Soul Charge a s*** ton of them back for like a +?. XD

Soul Charge is banned :o

Also the first play just sounds bad, tbh. I've played around with it, and what it actually is is just a stall deck that walls up with Floral while you amass advantage and go in for the kill with Yggdrasil when you can.

Archived