[10/?] Illuminati Confirmed! [Written]

Snatch Steal

Description: Illuminati serves as a more controlling take on Qliphorts. Their main gimmick is to view the enemy's hand and gain advantage off of knowing what cards they hold. 

Mind crush, anyone?

[spoiler=Monsters]

Illuminati Recruiter

Level 5 LIGHT
You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Illuminati" monsters. While you control an "Illuminati" monster, during the turn this card is activated, it cannot be targeted by card effects. Once per turn: You can pay 800 LP; Add 1 "Illuminati" card from your deck to your hand, except "Illuminati Recruiter". 
< 9> < 9 >
[spellcaster / Pendulum]
By his hand, we will witness the beginning of the end.
ATK 1000 / DEF 2800

Illuminati Fortress Beast
Level 5 LIGHT
You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Illuminati" monsters. While you control an "Illuminati" monster, during the turn this card is activated, it cannot be targeted by card effects. During your End Phase, if you tribute summoned an "Illuminati" monster: You can draw cards, up to the number of tributes used for the Tribute Summons of "Illuminati" monsters this turn.
< 1 > < 1 >
[Rock / Pendulum]
The ferocity of a god in the form of a fortress.
ATK 2400 / DEF 1000

Illuminati Onlooker
Level 3 LIGHT
You cannot Special Summon monsters, except "Illuminati" monsters. While you control an "Illuminati" monster, during the turn this card is activated, it cannot be targeted by card effects. When this card is activated: Look at your opponent's hand.
< 1 > < 1 >
[Psychic / Pendulum / Effect]
When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target up to 3 facedown cards on the field; look at them. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this effect's activation. When this card is tributed: You can target 1 facedown card on the field and declare a card type (monster, spell, or trap); reveal it, and if it is the declared type, shuffle it into the deck. You can only use each monster effect of "Illuminati Onlooker" once per turn.
ATK 800 / DEF 1000

Illuminati Panopticon
Level 8 LIGHT
You cannot Special Summon monsters, except “Illuminati” monsters. While you control an “Illuminati” monster, during the turn this card is activated, it cannot be targeted by card effects. When this card is activated: Look at all all facedown cards your opponent controls. When your opponent declares a direct attack while this card is in your Pendulum Zone: You can destroy this card, and if you do, negate the attack, then end the Battle Phase. 
< 1 > < 1 >
[Rock / Pendulum / Effect]
When this card is Tribute Summoned by tributing an “Illuminati” monster(s): Look at your opponent’s deck. Once per turn: You can declare 1 card name; Your opponent sends all cards with that name in their hand or deck, or that they control, to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Spells]

lluminati Propaganda
[Continuous Spell]
Once per turn: You can declare 1 card name; if your opponent has any cards with that name in their hand, they must discard all copies of them, then send all cards with that name from their deck to the Graveyard, otherwise look at their hand. When an "Illuminati" monster is Tribute Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 "Illuminati" monster from your deck. 

Illuminati Confirmed
[spell Card]
If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters: Special Summon 1 level 3 "Illuminati" monster from your deck. While you control no cards and this card is in your Graveyard: You can banish this card; Add 1 Level 5 or lower "Illuminati" monster from your deck to your hand. You can only use 1 effect of "Illuminati Confirmed" per turn, and only once that turn.

Illumination Goggles
[Equip Spell]
Equip only to an "Illuminati" monster. It gains 300 ATK and cannot be destroyed by card effects. While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent plays with their hand revealed. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 "Illuminati" card in your Graveyard, except "Illumination Goggles"; add it to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Illumination Goggles" once per turn.

[spoiler=Traps]

Illuminati Brainwash
[Continuous Trap Card]
Negate the effects of all monsters on the field. During each of your Standby Phases, destroy this card unless you control a Tribute Summoned "Illuminati" monster. When this card is destroyed: Draw 1 card.

Illuminati Embargo
[Continuous Trap Card]
Your opponent can only activate 1 Spell Card per turn. During each of your Standby Phases, destroy this card unless you control a Tribute Summoned "Illuminati" monster. When this card is destroyed: Draw 1 card.

Illuminati Mat Block
[Counter Trap]
When a card effect is activated while you control an "Illuminati" monster that was Tribute Summoned: Negate that effect, and if you do, destroy that card. You can only activate 1 "Illuminati Mat Block" per turn.

Strategy and Support: The goal of the deck is to be able to control what your opponent can and cannot do by knowing what they plan on doing. Mind Crush obviously helps, and there was this one card that reveals your opponent's hand that I remember being pretty darn good, not to mention Dragged Down.

Lore: Need you even ask?

Edits: Added "Illuminati Panopticon"

ILLUMINATI! THEY'VE SOME TO TAKE CONTROL!

Aha this is awesome, I really like the link between theme and gameplay with controlling what they can do. I didn't realize they were pendulums at first, but it gives me an idea that they could make monsters you pendulum summon with them into Illuminati monsters.. they could be ANYONE. Shame about the restriction >-<, but I can see why you would restrict it as such.

Onlooker is really cool and is making me think that book of moons or quaking mirror force would be a nice include here.

Illuminati Mat Block is very powerful, negating anything is pretty crazy. I'd personally go with a narrower effect without the tributed restriction, and maybe negate and banish/shuffle the card into the deck, never to be seen again...

Keep it up tho c:

ILLUMINATI! THEY'VE SOME TO TAKE CONTROL!

Aha this is awesome, I really like the link between theme and gameplay with controlling what they can do. I didn't realize they were pendulums at first, but it gives me an idea that they could make monsters you pendulum summon with them into Illuminati monsters.. they could be ANYONE. Shame about the restriction >-<, but I can see why you would restrict it as such.

Onlooker is really cool and is making me think that book of moons or quaking mirror force would be a nice include here.

Illuminati Mat Block is very powerful, negating anything is pretty crazy. I'd personally go with a narrower effect without the tributed restriction, and maybe negate and banish/shuffle the card into the deck, never to be seen again...

Keep it up tho c:

Thanks for the review. I will take it to heart.

Archived