Golden Scarab

dustdevil9

Having no cards in your hand when you draw a card requires you to play off of the one card. While this can be helpful, it also relies greatly on luck, not to mention there's very little support for insect-type monsters, so unless you have a 2-card combo involving this (that would be difficult, since you'd need to draw into the other combo piece), then I'm not sure how great it is. On the bright side, it doesn't do nothing, but again, slowish and luck based.

Having no cards in your hand when you draw a card requires you to play off of the one card. While this can be helpful, it also relies greatly on luck, not to mention there's very little support for insect-type monsters, so unless you have a 2-card combo involving this (that would be difficult, since you'd need to draw into the other combo piece), then I'm not sure how great it is. On the bright side, it doesn't do nothing, but again, slowish and luck based.

Well I wanted to kind of be a tech into Infernity's but still be generic enough to semi useful in Insect decks. It's Special Summon effect would be useful in Inzektors or milling a level eater or putting resonance insect in the graveyard or even 1 of the Traptrix monsters. Maybe some Naturia junk. I could probably change the condition for the first effect to be easier and not so situational

Well I wanted to kind of be a tech into Infernity's but still be generic enough to semi useful in Insect decks. It's Special Summon effect would be useful in Inzektors or milling a level eater or putting resonance insect in the graveyard or even 1 of the Traptrix monsters. Maybe some Naturia junk. I could probably change the condition for the first effect to be easier and not so situational

That would be helpful. Insect support is pretty limited, so this would be nice to have without the luck of the draw aspect.

Critique time!

Can't see how this is worth running. You have to draw into it w/ a no card hand, just to draw 1 card and dump an insect. Yes, it's technically unrestricted, and sending an Insect-Type monster could be good (can't think of any cards I'd want to send atm though), but the payoff is not worth the risk of dead drawing it. If you just improved the effect and kept the mechanic, then it'd just turn out to be a super sacky card that lacks interesting player interaction and strategy, and is fully reliant on luck drawing. As Toadtotter said, there are definitely combos in the game to enable this card, but none of them are worth building a deck around.

:7602_key:~

Critique time!

Can't see how this is worth running. You have to draw into it w/ a no card hand, just to draw 1 card and dump an insect. Yes, it's technically unrestricted, and sending an Insect-Type monster could be good (can't think of any cards I'd want to send atm though), but the payoff is not worth the risk of dead drawing it. If you just improved the effect and kept the mechanic, then it'd just turn out to be a super sacky card that lacks interesting player interaction and strategy, and is fully reliant on luck drawing. As Toadtotter said, there are definitely combos in the game to enable this card, but none of them are worth building a deck around.

:7602_key:~

There's a possibility I'm biased because I'm making Insect Combo XYZ Support ATM

Without the Draw Clause, this would be super useful as a +1.

Archived