Household Archetype

SpasmicUnitato

So, I've made an archetype before (which I ended up getting complaints on one whole part of the archetype), but I've put it to the side for now to make this little fun archetype filled with Union monsters. So lets get on with the monsters shall we?

Main Idea: This archetype is filled with normal monsters called "Household User"s, and they are given effects by unions monsters that are called "Household Items"... so yeah, that is it. I might add some fusions in the future, but for now... here is what I currently have.

[spoiler='Household Item's']To start things off, here is the main base of the deck. A bunch of Machine monsters with 500 ATK and 1600 DEF! They have varying attributes doh so... yeah...

Household Item - Scissors ~ Light

LEVEL 3 ~ ATK/ 500 DEF/ 1600

gXchEfi.jpg

EFFECT:

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Household User" Machine-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. While equipped to a monster, that monster gains this effect:

-Once per turn: you can send 1 "Household Item" equipped to this card to your hand, other than this card, then target 1 face-up monster on the field; that target loses 1000 ATK.

Household Item - Mug ~ Fire

lzVMaz0.jpg

EFFECT:

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Household User" Machine-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. While equipped to a monster, that monster gains this effect:

-When this card destroys a opponents monster by battle: you can destroy 1 "Household Item - Mug" attached to this card; and inflict damage to your opponent equal to half of the opponents destroyed monster ATK points.

Household Item - Monitor ~ Earth

gG6S3Go.jpg

EFFECT:

-During Damage Calculation, if the attacking monster has more ATK than this monster: you can target 1 "Household Item" monster in your Graveyard, other than "Household Item - Monitor"; add that target to your hand. You cannot Special Summon monsters until the next End Phase if you activate this effect.

Household Item - Phone ~ Wind

rYuuEak.jpg

EFFECT:

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Household User" Machine-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. While equipped to a monster, that monster gains this effect:
-Once per turn: you can target 1 monster in your Graveyard, banish it; and if you do, add 1 monster to your hand with the same name.

Household Item - Fork ~ WIND

l7atLZI.jpg

EFFECT:

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 "Household User" Machine-Type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. While equipped to a monster, that monster gains this effect:

-Once per turn, during either players turn: You can discard 1 card; this turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle (Damage Calculation is still applied).

Household Item - Spoon ~ WATER
kpGnA6F.jpg
EFFECT:
-When you take damage from an Effect: you can return 1 "Household Item" monster equipped to this card; your opponent takes the same amount of effect damage you had taken from the effect.

Household Item - Knife ~ EARTH
8OUwCpf.jpg
EFFECT:
-Once per turn, during either players turn: you can discard 1 card; this card gains 500 ATK permanently (Even if this effect is negated)

Household Item - Toaster ~ FIRE
le5e48h.jpg
EFFECT:
-Once per turn: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard, target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; destroy that target.

Now onto the boring Normal Monsters! Tbh, to some people their descriptions could be considered dark o_o

[spoiler='Household User's']A bunch of normal monsters that use these Household Items...

Household User - MYS ~ DARK

LEVEL 4 ~ ATK/ 1900 DEF/ 500

Fkkt02a.jpg

"A mysterious User of Household Items, it is said that he once had an identity, but was clouded by other people. He now speaks in a robotic tone and it is unable to determine if he is human or not."

Household User - MEM ~ DARK

LEVEL 4 ~ ATK/ 1500 DEF/ 1900

HG6NZ7z.jpg

"Once a faded memory, now barely kept in existence in a new mechanical body, as his soul leaks out time after time, wondering if he should just end his suffering..."

Household User - DEN ~ DARK

LEVEL 5 ~ ATK/ 2300 DEF/ 1600

anPIeeX.jpg

"A man that speaks in Machines, denying that his past ever happened. It is wondered if he would ever move on."

Household User - ANG ~ DARK

LEVEL 5 ~ ATK/ 2100 DEF/ 2500

dAHSnvs.jpg

"A man that is clouded by Anger, bringing it onto anyone who dares argue with him. His nickname has included "Revolting Machine", "The Second Stage", and "Machine Revolution" "

Household User - BAR ~ DARK

LEVEL 7 ~ ATK/ 2600 DEF/ 2700

dn4o077.jpg

"Someone who has been bargaining for something his entire life. He has never been seen without begging for something, and that one thing may not be clear, but there are rumors going around that it is forgiveness... he is also mentioned as "The Third" "

Household User - DEP ~ DARK

LEVEL 7 ~ ATK/ 2700 DEF/ 2300

gbBnbkt.jpg

"Someone who has lost what is close to him. He now only sits and no one has ever seen his face without tears. He has referred to himself as "someone who is not worthy" or "The Fourth" for unknown reasons."

Household User - ACC ~ LIGHT

LEVEL 10 ~ ATK/ 3000 DEF/ 500

J9uq7q3.jpg

EFFECT:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Breaking Household Bonds". This card is treated as a Normal Monster while in the hand, on the field, or in the Graveyard.

Reason for 500 DEF? Well, I found 3000 ATK with a bunch of equip monsters that boost the monsters itself that it should have a weakness so... yeah... turn it to DEF and you beat it o_o

and there were the what could be considered dark Household Users! Well... uh... that is pretty much all...

thanks for reading it I guess?

[spoiler='Spells']and now for the spells! The first one is obvious as it is in the text of "Household User - ACC" so yeah... on to the spells!

Breaking Household Bonds ~ Quick-Play

cRsuRqe.jpg

EFFECT:

Banish 1 "Household User - DEN", "Household User - ANG", "Household User - DEP", and "Household User - BAR" from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Household User - ACC" from your Deck or hand. It cannot Attack this turn. If this card is in your Graveyard; you can target 1 "Household User - ACC" you control; equip this card from your Graveyard to that monster. There can only be 1 face-up "Breaking Household Bonds" on the field. The monster equipped with it gets this effect:

-Once while this card is face-up on the field: You can target 1 card your opponent controls, banish it. If that card was a monster, return it to the field during your opponents second Standby Phase after this cards activation. If it was a Spell/Trap, add it to your opponents hand after the second Standby Phase after this cards activation. After this effect resolves, banish this card.

Household Manual ~ Continuous

cuqo38e.jpg

EFFECT:

Once per turn, when a "Household Item" monster you control is sent to the Graveyard while equipped to a "Household User", you can activate 1 of these effects:

-Add 1 "Household Item" from your Deck to your hand
-Add 1 "Household Item" from your Graveyard to your hand
-Banish 1 "Household User" from your Graveyard; equip one "Household Item" from your Graveyard to a "Household User" monster you control. That "Household User" monster gains 1000 ATK until the end of your opponents next turn

Household Kitchen ~ Field
JNNyUsu.jpg
EFFECT:
When this card is activated, you can add 1 "Household Item" or "Household User" monster from your Deck to your hand, Once per turn: if a level 4 or lower "Household User" monster equipped with a "Household Item" monster is attacked; you can negate that attack, and if you do, the attacking monster loses 500 ATK. If this card is in your Graveyard: you can equip this card to a "Household User" monster you control, and if you do; that monsters gains this effect:
-Once per turn: You can discard 1 card, target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls: destroy that target, and activate the appropriate effect depending if it was a Spell or Trap.
Spell: Inflict 500 damage to your Life Points
Trap: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster loses 1000 ATK.

My all in all opinion is that these cards are weak, even not compared to anything else. I feel equipping to a monster in order for an opponent's monster to just lose 500 ATK is rather slow, perhaps just make it lose 1000 ATK without any cost? In fact, while these cards have a theme of having their effects send them while equipped to the Graveyard, why not have something activate when they go to the Graveyard? Perhaps a draw, or a search, or even a Special Summon! Speed is a neat thing to have in an archetype.

Mug needs to specify which monster it is dealing damage from: Half the ATK of the destroyed monster, half the ATK of the attacking monster, or half the ATK of the Mug? Again, wish it did something on destruction. It would be nice to see a bigger theme here.

Monitor is actually...not that bad. It's a shame the Union effect is only applied while equipped, so when it is destroyed by battle it will no longer be equipped to, therefore no effect. Maybe replace it with "If this card is sent to the Graveyard because the monster it was equipped to was destroyed: ...etc." and not have an effect be given to the Normal Monster? The Special Summon limitation is kinda annoying, maybe just until "the next End Phase" rather than your own?

Phone is great. Like really great. You don't need that summon limitation though, as it is once per turn, and boy, that would make this archetype very fun! I really like what theme you do have going on here!

The Normals have okay stats, perhaps give some of them protection though with some later items?

All in all, it's okay, but even for Casuals it is a bit weak. Don't be so scared! I see some potential in here!

My all in all opinion is that these cards are weak, even not compared to anything else. I feel equipping to a monster in order for an opponent's monster to just lose 500 ATK is rather slow, perhaps just make it lose 1000 ATK without any cost? In fact, while these cards have a theme of having their effects send them while equipped to the Graveyard, why not have something activate when they go to the Graveyard? Perhaps a draw, or a search, or even a Special Summon! Speed is a neat thing to have in an archetype.

Mug needs to specify which monster it is dealing damage from: Half the ATK of the destroyed monster, half the ATK of the attacking monster, or half the ATK of the Mug? Again, wish it did something on destruction. It would be nice to see a bigger theme here.

Monitor is actually...not that bad. It's a shame the Union effect is only applied while equipped, so when it is destroyed by battle it will no longer be equipped to, therefore no effect. Maybe replace it with "If this card is sent to the Graveyard because the monster it was equipped to was destroyed: ...etc." and not have an effect be given to the Normal Monster? The Special Summon limitation is kinda annoying, maybe just until "the next End Phase" rather than your own?

Phone is great. Like really great. You don't need that summon limitation though, as it is once per turn, and boy, that would make this archetype very fun! I really like what theme you do have going on here!

The Normals have okay stats, perhaps give some of them protection though with some later items?

All in all, it's okay, but even for Casuals it is a bit weak. Don't be so scared! I see some potential in here!

Thanks for the suggestions and telling me what I messed up, I followed your suggestions and re-edited the cards. Although there is still a cost to Scissors, it isn't as bad as the old one.

(HHI) Added:

• Household Item - Fork
  • Household Item - Spoon
  • Household Item - Knife
  • Household Item - Toaster

(HHU) Added:

• Household User - DEN
  • Household User - ANG
  • Household User - BAR
  • Household User - DEP
  • Household User - ACC

(SPELLS) Added:

• Breaking Household Bonds
  • Household Manual
  • Household Kitchen

(GENERAL) Added:

• A reference :D

You really need something to pull some household user out. How about a household item with this effect: You can return this card to your hand, Special Summon 1 "HH User" from your hand, but destroy it during the EP" ?

The problem with that is that it isn't the Household Item's effect, the equips give the Household Users effects.

• 2 months later...

Well, time to get to reviewing. 

Immediately off the bat, I'd like to point out that the union monsters do not have the optional protection effect of destroying themselves to protect the monster that they were equipped to. Moving on:

Scissors: Incredibly, incredibly weak. I suppose it is a re-usable stat draining effect, however, these monsters appear to only be able to equip themselves from the field to one of the users. It's not really worth it to NS this just to reduce a monster's attack by 1000 imo. Besides, scissor cards usually give off the feeling of aggression, so a more appropriate effect to give would be something like piercing as well as gaining the stats of the monster that's equipped to it. Again, it is only imo.

Mug: It's okay, but like the problem I suggested above with the NSing. The majority of the users have levels > 4, so it'll cuase you trouble to get a item onto a more powerful user successfully from what I see at the moment. Also, a mug may not fit the theme of inflicting burn damage imo.

Monitor: It's okay as well, but the float seems veryslow in my opinion. The SS restriction until the next End Phase seems rather redundant too.

Phone: The only problem with this is that it does not tell you where to add the monster to your hand.

Fork: It's alright too, but I don't believe that the discard cost is needed. After all, these cards lack the usual union effect of protecting the equipped monster.

Spoon: Very niche as very few Decks utilize burn damage nowadays, but it's alright as a side card in general.

Knife: The cards in your hand would already be running out fast. Since these cards don't rely on protection, it would be fine to boost the ATK gain to something like 800.

Toaster: OPT S/T destruction is fine.

However, remember the issue for scissors. I didn't want to keep repeating the same things over and over, but you might to reconsider buffing the equips.

For the users, only 2 of them are Level 4's. In my opinion, a lot of them would be hard to Summon while giving them an equip on the same turn. Only DEP, DEN, and MYS seem to be the only ones worthwhile of keeping in the archetype while you make the Deck.

Bonds and ACC are completely useless, because it's a useless boss that is not worth the effort to make. The secondary effect of Bonds isn't worth it either, because it's a temporary Spell Speed 1 effectthat kills your own monster after resolving. Not worth it.

Manual is really good for the archetype, but again, the time it takes to set up is very slow. I still fail to see a card that brings a user and item onto the field at the same time.

Kitchen isn't bad either with the adding effect, but like I said, there are no cards that would bring out both a user and item out on the same turn. The negation is also limited to the Level 4 or lowers.

This makes the archetype easy to defeat until you can start resolving Manual while a successful union is already on the field, but at that time, the archetype would only be a Tier 2 at most with its power. I'd suggest giving some type of boost to the cards in order to make them more playable.

Archived