Mikado the Cursed Ronin

towitori

CVgqEWt.png

1 Tuner + 1 or more Warrior-Type monsters
If this card was Synchro Summoned by using only Tuner monsters as its Synchro Material, it cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Damage Step, if this face-up Attack Position card battles with an opponent's monster: banish it.

Inspired by Nioh

CnC

Okay, so it's a Level 7 Synchro that helps you when you only have tuners and basically could do nothing without this - and it even becomes stronger for unbricking you. Other than that, it seems very mediocre (at best). Compared to other Level 7s like Black Rose Dragon, Moonlight Rose Dragon or even Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, Yazi or even Arcanite Magician - It's the situational Sync7 that you go for when your opponent has a Chaos MAX or a Crimson Nova Trinity, just because it doesn't target or destroy, and just outright banishes the card. (Although you take Damage AND lose the monster itself in most decks, as they don't run that many TUNAs) I don't really see why it needs to be restricted to Warrior-Type monsters for the second Synchro Material, probably flavor-wise, but it really doesn't need that restriction.

See with this, I KNOW the wording in the first effect has to be "if this card was Synchro Summoned by using only Warrior-Type monsters as Synchro Material", and not Tuners as all of the material, because otherwise that's a hat with no cattle. So I'm going in assuming that's what you meant. 

Let's begin. 

Banishes any monster it battles. With that battle immunity, this becomes Construct on steroids. Good if the battle commences, especially against otherwise effect-immune monsters. Kozmos, Majespecters and that over-sized over-powered lava lamp charger masquerading as a damned Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon spring to mind. 

Essentially its a slightly better Driven Daredevil. Hard to see a person going into this over, say, a Black Rose (either of 'em), but this card can help in a pinch, should you have the space. 

7/10, and don't stop now!

Archived