[Written] [Remake] Helvise [13/13]

towitori

This is a remake of an archetype that I did before not so long ago.

Based from the Seven Deadly Sins. They are FIRE attribute Level 8 Ritual Monsters that are summoned from the grave instead of the hand, thus they'd want to be in the Graveyard, unlike most Rituals. They have two effects. First effect activates by sending the card to the grave to activate an effect depending on the monster. Second effect activates upon ritual summon. Most of the other cards are borrowed from Lightsworns, as a corrupted version to add flavor since they are considered as angels and making a corrupted version makes them "fallen", also adds more ways to send the Ritual Monsters to the Graveyard by their tamer self-mill, unlike the Lightsworns.

[spoiler=Spell Cards]

[spoiler=Gates of Helvise]

Gates of Helvise

Spell / Ritual

This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Helvise" Ritual Monster from your Graveyard. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal exactly 8. If this card is in your Graveyard: You can send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard; place this card at the bottom of your Deck. You can only use this effect of "Gates of Helvise" once per turn.

[spoiler=Reinforcements of Helvise]

Reinforcements of Helvise

Spell / Normal

Send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 "Gates of Helvise" or 1 "Helvise" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card was sent from your Deck to your Graveyard, add it to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Reinforcements of Helvise" per turn.

[spoiler=Exchange of Helvise]

Exchange of Helvise

Spell / Normal

Discard 1 "Helvise" Ritual Monster from your hand; add 1 "Gates of Helvise" and 1 "Helvise" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand, then send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card was sent from your Deck to your Graveyard, add it to your hand.  You can only activate 1 "Exchange of Helvise" per turn.

[spoiler=Ritual Monsters]

[spoiler=Luxuria, Prince of Helvise]

Luxuria, Prince of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Fiend / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 2000 Def / 2000

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gates of Helvise". This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Helvise" Ritual Monsters in your Graveyard with different names. You can only use each of these effects of "Luxuria, Prince of Helvise" once per turn.

*During either player's turn, if a Ritual Monster you control attacks or is attacked: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; that monster gains ATK equal to the ATK of this card until the end of the Damage Step.

*If this card is Ritual Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; this card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the target, until the end of your opponent's next turn.

[spoiler=Gula, Prince of Helvise]

Gula, Prince of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Insect / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 2800 Def / 1000

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gates of Helvise". This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Helvise" Ritual Monsters in your Graveyard with different names. You can only use each of these effects of "Gula, Prince of Helvise" once per turn.

*During either player's turn: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; the next time you would take damage involving a Ritual Monster you control, you gain that amount of Life Points instead.

*If this card is Ritual Summoned: Target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy it, then gain Life Points equal to its ATK or DEF (whichever is higher).

[spoiler=Avaritia, Prince of Helvise]

Avaritia, Prince of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Beast-Warrior / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 1500 DEf / 1500

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gates of Helvise". This card gains ATK and DEF is equal to the number of cards in your hand x 600. You can only use each of these effects of "Avaritia, Prince of Helvise" once per turn.

*You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; excavate either the top or bottom card of your Deck, and if that card is a "Helvise" card, add it to your hand, otherwise send it to the Graveyard.

*If this card is Ritual Summoned: Draw 1 card.

[spoiler=Acedia, Prince of Helvise]

Acedia, Prince of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Beast / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 2100 DEF / 3000

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gates of Helvise". This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Helvise" Ritual Monsters in your Graveyard with different names. You can only use each of these effects of "Acedia, Prince of Helvise" once per turn.

*During your opponent's turn, if a monster your opponent controls attacks a Ritual Monster you control: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; Negate the attack, and if you do, end the Battle Phase.

*If this card is Ritual Summoned: Change all face-up Attack Position monsters on the field to face-down Defense Position.

[spoiler=Ira, Prince of Helvise]

Ira, Prince of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Reptile / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 3000 DEf / 0

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gates of Helvise". This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Helvise" Ritual Monsters in your Graveyard with different names. You can only use each of these effects of "Ira, Prince of Helvise" once per turn.

*You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard, then target 1 Ritual Monster you control; that monster can attack twice during each Battle Phase this turn.

*If this card is Ritual Summoned: Target up to 2 cards on the field; destroy those cards.

[spoiler=Invidia, Prince of Helvise]

Invidia, Prince of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Sea-Serpent / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 2400 DEf / 2000

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gates of Helvise". This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Helvise" Ritual Monsters in your Graveyard with different names. You can only use each of these effects of "Invidia, Prince of Helvise" once per turn.

*You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard, then declare 1 card name; look at your opponent's hand and if that card is in your opponent's hand, discard 1 copy of that card from their hand otherwise you take 800 damage.

*If this card is Ritual Summoned: Target 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard; Add that target to your hand.

[spoiler=Superbia, Prince of Helvise]

Superbia, Prince of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Fairy / Ritual / Effect

ATK / 2500 DEF / 2500

You can Ritual Summon this card with "Gates of Helvise". This card gains 300 ATK and DEF for each "Helvise" Ritual Monsters in your Graveyard. You can only use each of these effects of "Superbia, Prince of Helvise" once per turn.

*During either player's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard; Negate the effects of all face-up cards your opponent currently controls, until the End Phase.

*If this card is Ritual Summoned: Banish all face-down cards your opponent controls.

[spoiler=Other Monsters]

[spoiler=Fallen Paladin of Helvise]

Fallen Paladin of Helvise

FIRE / *4

Warrior / Effect

ATK / 1800 DEF / 1200

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 "Helvise" Ritual Monster from your hand, then target 1 monster you control; it gains 300 ATK and cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is sent from your Deck to your Graveyard, add 1 "Helvise" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Fallen Paladin of Helvise" once per turn. If this card is Tributed: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Fallen Sorceress of Helvise]

Fallen Sorceress of Helvise

FIRE / *4

Spellcaster / Effect

ATK / 1700 DEF / 200

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 "Helvise" Ritual Monster from your hand, then target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; banish it. If this card is sent from your Deck to your Graveyard, add 1 "Gates of Helvise" from your Deck to your hand. You can only use each effect "Fallen Sorceress of Helvise" once per turn. If this card is Tributed: Send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

[spoiler=Apollyon, Judgment of Helvise]

Apollyon, Judgment of Helvise

FIRE / *8

Dragon / Xyz / Effect

ATK / 3000 DEF / 2600

2 Level 8 Ritual Monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: You can detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card; destroy all cards on the field, except this card. You can only use this effect of "Apollyon, Judgment of Helvise" once per turn. If you would Tribute monsters for a Ritual Summon, you can treat this card as a Level 8 Monster. If this card is Tributed: Return it to the Extra Deck, then send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

Can't really talk about the archetype without the mechanics, so that first. I love the idea for a ritual archetype that stays in the Graveyard rather than the deck. My only problem would be how there is only one Ritual Spell, and you can only search it with two other cards. Literally. If you don't draw any spell turn 1, you're dead. Yes, some of the Rituals can help with that, but I need to talk about that later.

The Ritual Spell seems great. I wish there were more in this archetype, as these cards do seem like a different take on Nekroz. It has a great method of recycling, just wish the rest of the cards could take advantage of this better. 

This searcher reminds me of Lightsworn, and in all accounts I wish the archetype did more of this kind of searching. On the downside, the second effect. There is no restriction on that, only on it activating as a spell card, meaning if it get milled, you get an instant search. I don't know how I feel about that at all.

Exchange does that whole add from mill better, as it has a discernible cost. Milling is not a cost IMO, as it normally plusses your deck. All in all, more balanced card than the above, if slightly weaker, as it can't be used upon immediate add.

Luxuria just seems like a beater, and I feel it would run slightly less. The ATK boost is weaker when compared to the rest of the discard of the archetype, and is only useful if you actually control ritual monsters, lowering consistency. ATK gain is okay, but probably not worth the run. 

Gula scares me with how generic it is, as it would be a side against OTK decks. Rather than being a vulnerable face-down trap or something, it just protects you completely even from effect damage for one whole turn. I think that is a major theme of this archetype: Too much genericness. Destruction on summon is slightly less powerful, but still useful.

Oh, Avarita. Draw 2 at the cost of your battle phase? Who needs upstart when you have this baby! This is a +1 for any deck, without any cost at all. I thought these cards would be UP as they had to go to the Graveyard, as opposed to just discarding, but hey, you made Nekroz much worse! Search is also powerful, and I wish you limited it by making it search only from Deck, as if you have cards in your Graveyard they deserve to stay there.

Acedia bring the generic point home by being a battle fader for rituals. While not strong enough to be run outside of them, this card has no cost or anything, and so is as powerful as those other cards. On Summon effect? Eh, not as strong as flipping facedown, true, and somewhat useful, but overshadowed by the send to grave effect.

Ira is much more balanced when it comes to both effects, with the first being limited to Rituals, mainly these cards, and the second effect being a bit more powerful than the rest of this archetype's. I wish this archetype had more cards like it, but meh. 

Invidia...THE DEADLY TRIO WAS BANNED FOR A REASON. This card can just be splashed in any deck to kill your opponent's opening hand. Like really...why would you think this is good design? *sigh* Sorry for the rant, just...yeah, it seems very powerful. And it's on Summon effect? Strong and weak at the same time, as cards in your opponent's Graveyard can be useful or not, but honestly, just getting a free raigeki or whatever...

Superbia's first effect doesn't work. If you negate the effect of a face-down card (which doesn't have one) and then it flips face-up, that's technically a different effect. Might want to rephrase that somehow, but in that case, it's just a card you can activate from your hand to kill their traps. Too generic, still, as it also kills flip effects.

The only reason I would run Paladin is for the on tribute effect, and I'm sure their are other level 8s which would help me more when run. In fact, run Djinns in this, to banish as mats from your Graveyard, although you need all of their levels. Back to the card, the ATK boost is lame, as its not a boss, no matter how hard it tries to be.

Now this is a useful monster card. Sorceress has an actual reason to discard, and banishing is always more useful than destroying. One complaint about both of these monsters: I wish they banished from the Graveyard or something. Like really, if they get milled, that's it. They're dead.

Apollyon is an exciton that you can then instantly use to Ritual Summon. Against my better judgement, I like it, as it requires to Rituals already to Summon, and it could probably cause some neat plays. Not much else to say otherwise. 

This archetype is not very good, as it lacks materials, which could be a good thing, but it more seriously lacks searching and/or more Ritual Spells. The Ritual Monsters are strong enough to be sides or even mains in their own right, as you could run this in a deck such as Blue-Eyes if you are already running ARA for MAX. Really unbalanced, weak where it should be strong, and strong for the wrong reasons. Just do some more focusing, and I think it could work out well.

Archived