The Phantom Knights of Storm Edge

GarlandChaos

IHsO8Jk.jpg

Lore: 2 Level 3 monsters

You can banish up to 2 "The Phantom Knights" monsters from your Graveyard, then target the same number of cards your opponent controls; return them to their owners' hand. If this Xyz Summoned card leaves the field by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can target 1 of your banished "The Phantom Knights" monsters; add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of "The Phantom Knights of Storm Edge" once per turn.

Haven't made archetype support in a while, so I figured "why not~" and decided to do Phantom Knights.

Effect and name are a play on Storming Mirror Force.

Generic materials are for R3nk mish-mash decks to make use of this thing.

CnC?

This card serves as a better alternative to boost PK by providing them with an option to bounce stuff back, as opposed to having to destroy an Extra Deck monster that can be revived with something like COTH. Looking at Break Sword, which is a combo generator by itself, this card seems to not be as valuable since it is more situational, but can still be very effective depending on the circumstance. This is almost identical to the relationship of Dante and Virgil in BA, except both monsters are Xyz instead and their effects sort of contradict each other. 

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the card. It might've been better for it to have had 800 DEF in order to match with the total stat line of Break Sword, which is 3000, but that's merely personal preference. Other than that, since this card is specifically made for PK, it's only going to be played in that Deck. 

A decent combo would be if this and Break Sword were both on the field, but you use Break Sword to pop this card after it resolves its own effect to possibly remove 3 cards from your opponent's side of the field, as well as recycle one of the banished PK monsters to your hand. It's not perfect synergy, but I suppose that you really shouldn't go any higher than that or it'll make the archetype closer to being broken. 

Archived