E.G.G. Archetype(themed around Dr. Eggman)

TF2_The_Scout

E.G.G. Lancer

Level 8

EARTH

Machine/Effect

ATK: 2600 DEF: 1600

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(from hand) by shuffling all other cards in your Hand into your Deck. You can only control 1 monster. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's summon. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card may inflict piercing damage. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "E.G.G." cards from your Deck to Hand.

E.G.G. Hawk

Level 8

EARTH

Machine/Effect

ATK: 2000 DEF: 1600

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(from hand) by shuffling all other cards in your Hand into your Deck. You can only control 1 monster. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's summon. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can attack your opponent directly. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; Destroy it. If this card is sent to the graveyard: Add 1 "E.G.G." cards from your Deck to Hand.

E.G.G. Viper

Level 8

EARTH

Machine/Effect

ATK: 2900 DEF: 1700

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(from hand) by shuffling all other cards in your Hand into your Deck. You can only control 1 monster. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's summon. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card attacks: It gains 500 ATK until the end of the Damage Step. Negate the effects of monsters destroyed by this card. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "E.G.G." cards from your Deck to Hand.

E.G.G. Hornet

Level 8

EARTH

Machine/Effect

ATK: 2100 DEF: 1200

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. You can Special Summon this card(from hand) by shuffling all other cards in your Hand into your Deck. You can only control 1 monster. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's summon. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. Monsters destroyed by this card by battle are banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 "E.G.G." cards from your Deck to Hand.

Death E.G.G. Robot

Level 10

EARTH

Machine/Effect

ATK: 3200 DEF: 2500

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned(from Hand) by shuffling all other cards in your Hand into your Deck, then banishing 1 "E.G.G." monster from your Graveyard. You can only control 1 monster. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's summon. Unaffected by card effects. Once per turn, if this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can target 1 card your opponent controls; Destroy it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 banished "E.G.G." monster, but its effects are negated.

E.G.G. Wyvern

Level 10

EARTH

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned(from Hand) by shuffling all other cards in your hand into your Deck, then banishing 1 "E.G.G." monster from your Graveyard. You can only control 1 monster. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's summon. Unaffected by card effects. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent activates a monster effect: You can discard 1 card; Negate the activation, and if you do, return the monster to Hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 banished "E.G.G." monster, but its effects are negated.

E.G.G. Dragoon

Level 10

EARTH

Machine/Effect

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Can only be Special Summoned(from Hand) by shuffling all other cards in your hand into your Deck, then banishing 1 "E.G.G." monster from your Graveyard. You can only control 1 monster. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this card's summon. Unaffected by card effects. Once per turn: You can pay 1000 LP, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; Banish it. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 banished "E.G.G." monster, but its effects are negated.

----

E.G.G.manland

Field Spell

"E.G.G." monsters gain 500 ATK during the Damage Step only. Once per turn, during your End Phase: You can send 1 "E.G.G." card from your Deck to the Graveyard, then target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; Destroy it.

E.G.G.man Master Plan

Continuous Spell

You can only control 1 "E.G.G.man Master Plan". Once per turn, if you control an "E.G.G." monster: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; Negate its effects this turn. The targeted card cannot be activated in response to this effect.

E.G.G. Salvaged Mech

Quickplay Spell

Special Summon 1 "E.G.G." monster from your Graveyard, but its ATK and DEF are halved.

E.G.G. Mech Design

Spell

Add 1 "E.G.G." monster from your Deck to Hand. During your Main Phase(except the turn this card is sent to the Graveyard): You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls; Destroy it. You can only use the effect of "E.G.G. Mech Design" once per turn.

• 2 weeks later...

So, to premise, I’d assume that each monster can only be summoned by shuffling the hand into the Deck. That’s cool and all, but unfortunately, I theorize that you could make some kind of Demise Deck that would abuse that, and just set a bunch of S/Ts, leave one card in their hand, and summon a boss monster that can’t have its summon negated, can’t be destroyed, and can’t be kaijued/stormforthed. Essentially, you can mess up your opponent’s plays very easily by playing Caveman Yugioh with your floodgates.

Also, all of these are Level 8, which means that you can use Trade-In if you wanted to. 
Finally, they all float into +1s, which is pretty dangerous. You could add 1 monster and 1 S/T, then just set the S/T and summon the monster, repeating that process until your opponent runs out of resources and you just kind of beat them down before they can recover.

That’s the majority of my review, since the monsters are all very similar.

Lancer would likely be good as a game-ender, when the opponent begins to set monsters after they’ve run out of resources. Since you can deal upwards of 5200 damage in one hit, it’s quite a force to be reckoned with, but fortunately, it can be stopped with Castel. On the contrary, Castel is hard to come by sometimes.

Hawk could be useful early game to put your opponent on a serious timer. 4 turns to win is pretty impressive with one card, since it can just poke them, pop something important, and repeat until the opponent is at 0. 2000 free damage seems like it should be more of a 2-card 2-time thing (nightmare shark).

Viper would (hopefully) come out very quickly against Burning Abyss or Kozmo, rendering Dante and Ships somewhat useless. Its effect is underwhelming compared to the others, but probably the most balanced.

Hornet is kind of a way to stop Kozmo/BA, although not quite since its ATK is meager. You could stop stray Pendulums with it, since they won’t go to the Extra Deck. This one is pretty balanced too, since you’d need to gain a little momentum before it really stopped any Decks in their tracks. 

Death Robot’s invulnerability (except to Kaiju :^)) definitely makes if a force. It’s probably one of the most easily accessible boss monsters. Since you can search for it, banish what searched for it, use the same method as the other monsters to summon it, and suddenly you’ve got a 3200 unaffected boss that can destroy 2 cards each turn, and then floats into what summoned it. It seems to do too much for one card. Needs nerf.

okay. so Wyvern negates any monster effect once per turn, and banishes the monster, on top of 3200 ATK. That’s so much stuff for something with such an important effect. It’s quite a concern for me to be unable to use an important effect, because to bait it, I’d have to use, say, Sage with Eyes of Blue, who is already an important card. 

Dragoon is a bit less powerful, so it’s alright. Targeting banishing is fair, and used even by Michael the Arc Lightsworn. It’s also only during your turn, which is fine. I almost wonder, though, if it’s a bit too underpowered for being a big boss monster. Perhaps the float and other stuff makes up for the mediocre effect, but maybe not.

So there’s one other problem with these monsters: You can still summon other things before them, so if you wanted to get out your big Monarch guys and then go “Hey look, Lancer, gg” you could do that. This definitely needs to be fixed, because without a restriction on other monsters you can summon, just playing Lancer and ways to get it out would be insta-KO in most Decks.

I don’t understand the first effect of Manland. It says that they can be targeted, but nothing said they couldn’t I’ll assume you meant that they can’t.
In which case your “minion” monsters end up becoming bosses in themselves. Remember Beelze? He needs 2 DARKs to summon. These can just be dropped from your hand after you set 4 floodgates. They also get 500 more ATK, meaning they’ll be basically impossible to get rid of without UTL, who can only be used once. Then they float.
Also, the second effect is definitely busted, since you can just +1 every time you draw an E.G.G monster with its own effect, since it’s still drawing in your Draw Phase. Not to mention it can float even more, as if you didn’t have enough resources already.

E.G.G.man Master Plan has one use, and one use only:
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.
>Giant Board
>Kaiju CDI
>Activate this
>Cydra from hand
>Chimeratech with 4+ materials
It’s pretty situational, but it could work, kind of. There’s not much of a point in summoning the egg monster from your hand since you can get it out really easily anyway.

Salvaged Mech is also kind of useless, since you would just summon the thing you floated into, without much question. It could be a 1-of, just in case you lost one of your 1-of bots, but outside of that, there’s no purpose to using it since you’d only be controlling 1 bot anyway.

Mech Design…….is a thing. I guess it’s sort of necessary in a way, but at the same time, I’ve observed that this Deck doesn’t quite have any stops. It may behoove you to get rid of a little consistency so that people won’t just run a bunch of search cards + demise + floodgates and say “hey dude um I autowin”
And again, it’s kind of pointless to give inherent summon monsters another way to inherent summon.

So, to premise, I’d assume that each monster can only be summoned by shuffling the hand into the Deck. That’s cool and all, but unfortunately, I theorize that you could make some kind of Demise Deck that would abuse that, and just set a bunch of S/Ts, leave one card in their hand, and summon a boss monster that can’t have its summon negated, can’t be destroyed, and can’t be kaijued/stormforthed. Essentially, you can mess up your opponent’s plays very easily by playing Caveman Yugioh with your floodgates.

Also, all of these are Level 8, which means that you can use Trade-In if you wanted to. 

Finally, they all float into +1s, which is pretty dangerous. You could add 1 monster and 1 S/T, then just set the S/T and summon the monster, repeating that process until your opponent runs out of resources and you just kind of beat them down before they can recover.

That’s the majority of my review, since the monsters are all very similar.

Lancer would likely be good as a game-ender, when the opponent begins to set monsters after they’ve run out of resources. Since you can deal upwards of 5200 damage in one hit, it’s quite a force to be reckoned with, but fortunately, it can be stopped with Castel. On the contrary, Castel is hard to come by sometimes.

Hawk could be useful early game to put your opponent on a serious timer. 4 turns to win is pretty impressive with one card, since it can just poke them, pop something important, and repeat until the opponent is at 0. 2000 free damage seems like it should be more of a 2-card 2-time thing (nightmare shark).

Viper would (hopefully) come out very quickly against Burning Abyss or Kozmo, rendering Dante and Ships somewhat useless. Its effect is underwhelming compared to the others, but probably the most balanced.

Hornet is kind of a way to stop Kozmo/BA, although not quite since its ATK is meager. You could stop stray Pendulums with it, since they won’t go to the Extra Deck. This one is pretty balanced too, since you’d need to gain a little momentum before it really stopped any Decks in their tracks. 

Death Robot’s invulnerability (except to Kaiju :^)) definitely makes if a force. It’s probably one of the most easily accessible boss monsters. Since you can search for it, banish what searched for it, use the same method as the other monsters to summon it, and suddenly you’ve got a 3200 unaffected boss that can destroy 2 cards each turn, and then floats into what summoned it. It seems to do too much for one card. Needs nerf.

okay. so Wyvern negates any monster effect once per turn, and banishes the monster, on top of 3200 ATK. That’s so much stuff for something with such an important effect. It’s quite a concern for me to be unable to use an important effect, because to bait it, I’d have to use, say, Sage with Eyes of Blue, who is already an important card. 

Dragoon is a bit less powerful, so it’s alright. Targeting banishing is fair, and used even by Michael the Arc Lightsworn. It’s also only during your turn, which is fine. I almost wonder, though, if it’s a bit too underpowered for being a big boss monster. Perhaps the float and other stuff makes up for the mediocre effect, but maybe not.

So there’s one other problem with these monsters: You can still summon other things before them, so if you wanted to get out your big Monarch guys and then go “Hey look, Lancer, gg” you could do that. This definitely needs to be fixed, because without a restriction on other monsters you can summon, just playing Lancer and ways to get it out would be insta-KO in most Decks.

I don’t understand the first effect of Manland. It says that they can be targeted, but nothing said they couldn’t I’ll assume you meant that they can’t.

In which case your “minion” monsters end up becoming bosses in themselves. Remember Beelze? He needs 2 DARKs to summon. These can just be dropped from your hand after you set 4 floodgates. They also get 500 more ATK, meaning they’ll be basically impossible to get rid of without UTL, who can only be used once. Then they float.

Also, the second effect is definitely busted, since you can just +1 every time you draw an E.G.G monster with its own effect, since it’s still drawing in your Draw Phase. Not to mention it can float even more, as if you didn’t have enough resources already.

E.G.G.man Master Plan has one use, and one use only:

Chimeratech Fortress Dragon.

>Giant Board

>Kaiju CDI

>Activate this

>Cydra from hand

>Chimeratech with 4+ materials

It’s pretty situational, but it could work, kind of. There’s not much of a point in summoning the egg monster from your hand since you can get it out really easily anyway.

Salvaged Mech is also kind of useless, since you would just summon the thing you floated into, without much question. It could be a 1-of, just in case you lost one of your 1-of bots, but outside of that, there’s no purpose to using it since you’d only be controlling 1 bot anyway.

Mech Design…….is a thing. I guess it’s sort of necessary in a way, but at the same time, I’ve observed that this Deck doesn’t quite have any stops. It may behoove you to get rid of a little consistency so that people won’t just run a bunch of search cards + demise + floodgates and say “hey dude um I autowin”

And again, it’s kind of pointless to give inherent summon monsters another way to inherent summon.

Alright, so I changed the effects of all the cards to fix them. I changed them to say you can only control 1 monster at all instead of 1 egg monster, as well as nerfed the final bosses. I also changed the effects of the S/T support. Though, what you said about Demise and floodgates, that is actually an issue I usually have with designing these things-not considering non-archetype support.

Archived