Chaos-Eyes Fusion - Chaos-Eyes Dragon ( Red-Eyes & Blue-Eyes Support )

Abdelrahman

Chaos-Eyes Fusion / Normal Spell

Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, the Fusion Materials that are listed on a Fusion Monster that lists a "Blue-Eyes" or a "Red-Eyes" monster as a Fusion Material, then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. You can also use monsters from your Graveyard as Fusion Materials, but they are banished instead. if this card is used to Special Summon a "Chaos-Eyes" Fusion Monster, it is unaffected by card effects until the end of your turn. You can only activate 1 "Chaos-Eyes Fusion" per turn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaos-Eyes Dragon:

Fusion / Dragon / Effect

Level 12 / DARK

ATK: 3200

DEF: 2000

1 "Blue-Eyes" Monster + 1 Level 6 or higher "Red-Eyes" Monster

Must first be Special Summoned with "Chaos-Eyes Fusion". This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT. When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can target 2 Normal Monsters in your Graveyard; banish those targets, and if you do, destroy all Monsters or all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can banish 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard; this card can make a second attack. You can only activate this effect of "Chaos-Eyes Dragon" once per turn.

the fusion spell is kinda pointless with the existence of red eyes fusion, the later will summon this and fuel the grave for the nuke

the card itslef is very good though, the ability to nuke half of the op board paired with the no attack restriction seems nice. and the fact that is just one shot on summon makes it so it cant be abused, although i think it still need a hard OPT on that efffect, there is the potential of making 2 of this and wipe out the whole field form there

While this card makes for a nice Miracle Fusion for either Red or Blue-Eyes decks, I unfortunately don't see either the Spell Card or the Monster Card being run at all, as it's inherently against the play style of both these archetypes. After all, both of them prefer to keep their synergy to themselves, and thought they're both Normal Dragon-type Monsters, they have very different uses, card effects, and play styles-- so much so that it goes beyond the realm of possibility for this card to be consistently useful in either deck. That being said, I shall still review the cards you've provided to me.

CE Fusion- A decent Miracle Fusion for anyone brave enough to mix Red with Blue and get Purple. Unfortunately, even if Purple is the colour of Fusion, it's not the colour of victory, as both Red-Eyes and Blue-Eyes have different ways they want to win. Nowadays, Red-Eyes Fusion would be a much more valuable card for Red-Eyes than this card, as it allows them to OTK with Meteo Black Dragon (the newest Red-Eyes addition) thanks to burning the life out of their opponent. And while it is possible to play Red-Eyes without running the OTK burn version, even so they wouldn't want to waste valuable deck space on Blue-Eyes cards, when they could change them out for generic Dragon-type support or better Red-Eyes support cards.

The same can be said of Blue-Eyes. The way they're trying to achieve victory (big ol' beaters that just won't die) wouldn't like this card either. Blue-Eyes decks can already be cramped as-is with so much good BE and Dragon-type being available to them, with most of the support being much more synergistic than this card. Like with RE, they wouldn't want to waste valuable Main Deck and ExDeck space on this card and its counterpart. At the end of the day, I suppose this helps them make Neo Ultimate, but even so, that card's not seeing as much play as good ol' Chaos Max or Twin-Burst.

Overall-- Wishful thinking's gotten you nowhere, but since it's a Miracle Fusion for BE, I can afford to give it a higher score. If this was solely a RE card, I'd be worried. 3/5

CE Dragon- 3500 is a nice body to have on a choice nuker, but it blows it can't use that bulk for anything useful the turn it's summoned if you choose to blow apart your opponent's field. Still, in a BE deck, this would possibly mean that you just secured your OTK, which I suppose is the only thing this card is good for. The two card banishment cost is, well, costly, and for the restrictions on this card to be so extreme, makes it-- again-- not even worth summoning. If this thing could only attack on the turn it was summoned, we'd have a decent card that could perhaps warrant the creation of a semi-meta Purple-Eyes deck. Unfortunately, with as many restrictions on it as it has, it feels more like a RE card-- with the POSSIBILITY to be good, but the inability to be meta-- than a BE card-- downright nasty to run into at any point in the game-- and that is very unfortunate.

Overall-- If you remove the OPT restriction on the summon, and the inability it has to attack on the turn it was summoned, you'd have a possibly great card. Nowadays, since the meta's all about OTKing, or locking your opponent out of playing, you'd want to have the ability to summon a beast like this twice per turn, and not only blast your opponent's field to oblivion, but also swing for 7000 LP in one go, leaving them with jack if they didn't have an answer for this thing out the gate. 2/5

- - - - - -

As for the series as a whole, while being a cute concept, it was sadly just executed too poorly. Don't misunderstand-- I want a meta mix of RE and BE as much as the next guy, for that #animestatusswag, but unfortunately with how each individual archetype works, cards like this won't fix their lack of synergy. And that's the main issue. Not the idea itself, but the actual ability of the decks themselves. Now, if RE worked like BE, but worse, then maybe you'd have a chance at making your CE cards viable, but since they don't, you can't. But nice effort, keep trying! 3/5

Card Updates:

- Fixed some minor OCG grammar errors

- Removed OPT effect from Special Summoning and removed the attack restriction from its effect

- Changed Chaos-Eyes Fusion's effect

- Decreased Chaos-Eyes Dragon's ATK to 3000

What do you think about the card after the changes?

First off, before I put my review up, I'm going to fix a few grammatical errs you have within your card text which should make it easier for everybody to understand what the cards do.

Chaos-Eyes Fusion - "Send, from your hand or your side of the field to the Graveyard, the Fusion Materials that are listed on a Fusion Monster that lists a "Blue-Eyes" or a "Red-Eyes" monster as a Fusion Material, then Special Summon that Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. You can also use monsters from your Graveyard as Fusion Materials, but they are banished instead. The Special Summoned monster is unaffected by card effects until the end of your opponent's next turn. You can only activate 1 "Chaos-Eyes Fusion" per turn."

Chaos-Eyes Dragon - "Must first be Special Summoned with "Chaos-Eyes Fusion". This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. While face-up on the field, this card is also LIGHT. When this card is Fusion Summoned, you can target 2 Normal Monsters in your Graveyard; banish those targets, and if you do, destroy all Monsters or all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls. If this card attacks a defense position monster, inflict piercing damage to your opponent."

Now, onto the cards themselves once more!

- - - - -

CE Fusion- Ah, nice. While the issue still stands in that Blue and Red-Eyes don't mix as well as one'd like, this does give them a better option over Polymerization or Red-Eyes Fusion, if they really need to get Chaos-Eyes out, or even other members of either family. As a matter of fact, this makes Red-Eyes Black Dragon Archfiend kind of terrifying if you don't have a Solemn Warning available, because not only do you have a nigh-unbeatable 3200 beater, but it also gets to burn you for a clean 2400 at the end of the Battle Phase. Simply beautiful. It cleans up that monster's obvious weakness of having to deal with Spells/Traps the turn it's summoned and makes it almost impossible to defeat the first time 'round it's summoned. On top of that, it would make the already terrifying Meteo Black Dragon that's prone to appear even more potent, since it can help you replenish your Graveyard if you should banish a Red-Eyes monster in order to bring it out, and it'd make a 3500 beater that doesn't have to worry about any effect until your next turn. Mmm, I'm lovin' it.

Of course, do I even have to say anything about Twin Burst dragon on the Blue-Eyes's side? It makes an already painful to deal with monster even more painful to deal with since you can't even Mirror Force, Bottomless Trap Hole, or Raigeki it, meaning it can steamroll your defenses to make way for regular Blue-Eyes or even Neo Ultimate to steamroll you in another fashion. Speaking of, can I just say that this card makes Neo Ultimate a force to be even more reckoned with. While I'm still of the mind to say that it's not worth the cost to summon this thing, Chaos-Eyes Fusion makes it look a whole lot more appealing.

Overall-- With the inherent protection, and ability to work as a normal Fusion card, or a Miracle Fusion card, you've upped an already versatile card to being extremely useful, so much so that you kind of forget that it's meant to Special Summon Chaos-Eyes Dragon. Which is okay. 4/5

CE Dragon- While it's nice that you kept its ability to nuke and gave it the ability to be summoned more than once per turn, and on top of that, let it attack after nuking, I really miss that 500 extra attack. It made it able to get over many problem cards that exist (mainly) in the Dragon decks that you may face, and it let it get over ABC Dragon, but 3000 with the ability to nuke is MORE than enough I feel. Even so, I can't really say anymore about the card than that. It's arguably more useful than it was before, but even so, the cost to nuke is a bit much for me, even if you can do it more than once per turn, and on top of that, piercing damage isn't all that great a final ability to have. It kind of feels like you just stacked it on for the lols, since you could.

Overall-- Better, but still mediocre, in the end. 3/5

- - - - -

Overall, I feel the series has improved a great deal, with both cards being much more viable in their new forms than they were in their last forms. Unfortunately, I feel like Chaos-Eyes Dragon would fade into oblivion, whilst its Fusion Card would become a staple in both BE and RE decks, since it provides some much beloved protection from the hell that is your opponent's Monster, Spell, and Trap effects. That alone makes it a great card, but the fact it lets you banish from the grave Miracle Fusion-like makes it an amazing card. 4/5

Card Changes (2):

- Fixed more OCG grammar ( thx Fushi )

- Increased Chaos-Eyes Dragon's ATK to 3200

- Reduced Chaos-Eyes Fusion's protection from lasting until opponent's turn to your turn.

- Limited Chaos-Eyes Fusion's protection to Chaos-Eyes Fusion Monsters

- Removed Chaos-Eyes Dragon's piercing damage effect

- Added a second attack effect to Chaos-Eyes Dragon

The reason why I did this because it seemed that the Fusion card was a little overpowered and the Dragon was underpowered so I balanced them out.

To be honest, Abdel, you could honestly leave these cards as they are at this point. They're usable, and could make for an interesting deck on their own. CE Fusion makes CE Dragon a 3200 beater and nuker invincible, with the ability to swing for 6400 unhindered (ignoring things like Scarecrow) and on top of that, CE Fusion works as a Miracle Fusion for both Red and Blue-Eyes, just adding to their speed. I could honestly see this card being a 1 in Red-Eyes and sided in Blue-Eyes, just in case. Good work, man. Feel free to archive this. :)

Archived