[Original; 13/13]Arboreal Archetype "The Trees Have Eyes"

Sluggaholic

I'll admit that I made this archetype on a whim, but even so, I love it all the same. Say hello to a small group of trees whose job it is to make your life hell by floating into one another like Yang Zings, and shutting down your plays like Krysta and Ophion. Not to mention that being Plants, they're Lonefire targets. Gotta love that, eh?

[spoiler=Card Art - Monsters]

td9KT4K.jpg

xd1WTCE.jpg

5aV1DZi.jpg

ksRYu0r.jpg

Aj24bpp.jpg

8OKiua9.jpg

y2d9PIL.jpg

9F0VNvG.jpg

EWNdAMN.jpg

Arboreal Birth - Lotus

Plant-type / LIGHT / Level 1 Monster

Effect: While this Normal Summoned card is face-up on the field, neither player can Special Summon cards from the Extra Deck. You can tribute this card: Special Summon 1 "Arboreal" monster from your Deck to the field.

ATK 100/DEF 0

Arboreal Dragon - Lilly*

Plant-type / LIGHT / Level 1 Monster

Effect: If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or your Graveyard. You can only Special Summon 1 "Arboreal Dragon - Lilly" this way per turn. If this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of an "Arboreal" monster: you can Special Summon 1 Level 6 "Arboreal" monster from your Deck. It is destroyed during the End Phase. Once per turn, during either player's turn, you can banish this card from your Graveyard; "Arboreal" monsters you control cannot be removed from the field except by destruction.

ATK 100/DEF 2000

Arboreal Love - Heart*

Plant-type / LIGHT / Level 6 Monster

Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set while your opponent controls a card. If your opponent controls no cards, you can Normal Summon this card without tributing in addition to your Normal Summon/Set for the turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) Once per turn, you can target 1 Plant-type Monster in your Graveyard: Special Summon that target, and if you do, it cannot be destroyed while you control a monster. (Besides that monster.) You can only use this effect of "Arboreal Love - Heart" once per turn. If this card is destroyed: you can Special Summon 1 "Arboreal" monster (besides another copy of this card) from your Deck.

ATK 1000/DEF 2500

Arboreal Change - Season

Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set while your opponent controls a card. If your opponent controls no cards, you can Normal Summon this card without tributing in addition to your Normal Summon/Set for the turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card is Special Summoned: you can add 1 Plant-type Monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is destroyed: you can Special Summon 1 "Arboreal" monster (besides another copy of this card) from your Deck to the field.

ATK 1000/DEF 2200

Arboreal Mystery - Magic*

Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set while your opponent controls a card. If your opponent controls no cards, you can Normal Summon this card without tributing in addition to your Normal Summon/Set for the turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) While this card, which was Special Summoned by an "Arboreal" card is face up on the field, whenever either player would Special Summon a monster from their hand, that card is banished until that player's next Standby Phase, unless it's Plant-type. If this card is destroyed: you can Special Summon 1 "Arboreal" monster (besides another copy of this card) from your Deck to the field.

ATK 1000/DEF 2600

Arboreal Bright - Lamp

Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set while your opponent controls a card. If your opponent controls no cards, you can Normal Summon this card without tributing in addition to your Normal Summon/Set for the turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) If an "Arboreal" monster you control is targeted for an attack: Special Summon this card (from your hand) and change the attack target to this card. If this card is destroyed: you can Special Summon 1 "Arboreal" monster (besides another copy of this card) from your Deck.

ATK 1000/DEF 2000

Arboreal Joy - Colour*

Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set while your opponent controls a card. If your opponent controls no cards, you can Normal Summon this card without tributing in addition to your Normal Summon/Set for the turn. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) During either player's turn, if your opponent would Summon a monster(s) with ATK less than this card's DEF: you can destroy this card; negate the summon(s) and destroy those cards. You can only use this effect of "Arboreal Joy - Colour" once per turn. If this card is destroyed: you can Special Summon 1 "Arboreal" monster (besides another copy of this card) from your Deck to the field.

ATK 1000/DEF 2800

Arboreal Future - Hopes

Plant-type / LIGHT / Level 8 Monster

Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Tribute Summoned by tributing 3 LIGHT Plant-type monsters. When this card is Tribute Summoned, change its battle position. This card is unaffected by monster effects, and during each of your opponent's Standby Phases, each of their monsters lose 500 ATK. If this card is removed from the field by your opponent (by battle or by card effect): Special Summon 3 Level 6 or lower "Arboreal" Monsters from your Graveyard. This card can attack while in defense position by using its DEF during damage calculation.

ATK 1000/DEF 3000

Arboreal Future - Dreams*

Plant-type / LIGHT / Level 10 Monster

Effect: This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. This card can only be Tribute Summoned by tributing 3 LIGHT Plant-type monsters. When this card is Tribute Summoned, change its battle position. If it was Tribute Summoned using a Tribute Summoned monster: your opponent takes damage equal to this card's level x200. This card is unaffected by other card effects. Both players can only Special Summon once per turn. If this card is removed from the field by your opponent: Special Summon 3 Level 6 or lower "Arboreal" Monsters from your Graveyard. This card can attack while in defense position by using its DEF during damage calculation.

ATK 1000/DEF 3500

[spoiler=Card Art - Spells/Traps]

hO7n1ll.jpg

xseL0jO.jpg

XbYGEfo.jpg

LIsK0Ou.jpg

Arboreal Immortality - Interwoven*

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: While you control an "Arboreal" monster, this card is unaffected by your opponent's cards. "Arboreal" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle, and those monsters can attack while in defense position using their DEF during damage calculation. You take no damage from battles with "Arboreal" monsters you control .You can destroy 1 "Arboreal" monster you control; draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Arboreal Immortality - Interwoven" once per turn.

Arboreal Mysticism - Interconnected

Normal Spell Card

Effect: When this card is activated: send 1 "Arboreal" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; add 1 "Arboreal" card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in the Graveyard, except for the turn in which this card was sent to the Graveyard, you can banish this card; Special Summon from your Hand or Graveyard 1 "Arboreal" monster, but it is destroyed during the End Phase.

Arboreal Hearth - Interdependent

Continuous Spell Card

Effect: While this card is face-up on the field: you can summon Plant-type monsters without tributing, and you can Normal Summon Level 6 "Arboreal" monsters regardless of their effects. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: send 1 "Arboreal" monster to from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 other "Arboreal" monster from your Graveyard to your field.

Arboreal Soul - Interlace*

Normal Trap Card

Effect: Target 1 "Arboreal" monster you control and 2 cards your opponent controls; destroy all 3 targets, and if you destroyed 2 monsters whose combined levels are more than your destroyed "Arboreal" monster's: Special Summon 1 "Arboreal" monster from your Deck or Graveyard to the field (besides that destroyed monster or another copy of that destroyed monster).

- - - - -

[spoiler=Art Links]

yashima's Deviantart - Everything, so far

- - - - -

EDIT - 7/1/16 - Added 2 cards (1 monster and 1 Spell); Arboreal Dragon - Lilly, and Arboreal Mysticism - Interconnected

EDIT - 7/*4*/16 - Added 2 cards (1 monster and 1 Spell); Arboreal Bright - Lamp, and Arboreal Hearth - Interdependent

-Edited 1 card: Arboreal Dragon - Lilly

EDIT - 7/8/16 - Added 2 cards (1 monster and 1 Spell); Arboreal Joy - Colour, and Arboreal Soul - Interlace

EDIT - 7/12/16 - Added the last 2 cards (2 Boss monsters); Arboreal Future - Hopes, and Arboreal Future - Dreams

EDIT - 7/29/16 - Edited 7 cards: Arboreal Dragon - Lilly (2), Arboreal Love, Mystery, Joy, and Future - Dreams, Arboreal Immortality - Interwoven, and Arboreal Soul - Interlace (Quick-Play Spell --> Trap)

I'll always love and accept CnC, so please! Feel free to tell me how you feel about these cards! I'm actually loving the idea of this archetype so far, so since CnC can only help me better it, the more the merrier!

- - - - -

"The Trees Have Eyes"

Let's check out what ya got.

Arboreal Birth - Lotus

Let's see, this card prevents both players from Special Summoning from Extra Deck and you can tribute it to Special Summon an Arboreal from your Deck. This is pretty good if you are going first and have this in your hand with something like Arboreal Immortality - Interwoven to basically stop your opponent from Xyz and Synchro Summoning and it can Tribute itself something like Heart to Special it again from the Graveyard or Season to bring another Plant-Type from your Deck to your hand, overall looks pretty good but ai don't like how the other monsters rely on this card most of the time to summon them but at least this card can be searched with something like Botanical Girl so it ain't that bad.

Arboreal Love - Heart

Can only be Normal Summon when your opponent controls no cards but at least you gain an additional Normal Summon to and you can Summon it without tributing, overall this Archertype requires you to go first to function properly but if you do you can get 3 Level 6 monsters on your field if you have Season and Magic with this card in your hand to Xyz Summon into whatever Rank 6 you want, looking at its effect it looks pretty good, it can be effectively used when you tribute Lotus to summon this and then use this effect to re-summon Lotus to use its effect next turn to bring another Plant-Type from your Deck. It Special Summons an Arboreal from your Deck when it is destroyed, ok this will almost always get used to Special Summon something like Season to add a Plant-Type from your Deck to your hand so it looks good so far.

Arboreal Change - Season

Has the same summoning condition as Heart so it is still pretty limited. Its effects however are pretty good though, searching any Plant-Type you want when this card is Special Summoned is awesome for adding great cards like Traptrix Nepenthes and Traptrix Dionaea ( I don't know if these were the best examples as I am not familiar with Plant monsters ) or Arboreal monster to your hand. Like all the pther cards, it Special Summons an Arboreal monster from the Deck except itself when it is destroyed so its pretty good when you have Interwoven on your field to destroy this card to draw and then Special Summon another one.

Arboreal Mystery - Magic

Also has the same summoning condition as the above two, it is kind of understandable why it would be so limited but maybe make it a little easier to summon them. Anyway back to the card's effect now, this one is basically Future Vision for non-Plant monsters. It is pretty good for limiting Pendulums as they are pretty powerful cards so it provides good protection I guess, it also Special Summons an Arboreal monster from your Deck except for itself like the above two so I guess it can keep your field protected with monsters.

Arboreal Immortality - Interwoven

This card is what makes this Deck interesting, it becomes unaffected by card effects while you control another "Arboreal" card so it protects itself from those pesky MST's and Twin Twisters, it also protects "Arboreal" monster from getting destroyed by battle and allows them to attacks while in Defense Position using their DEF, this is so awesome as they are all defending monsters so it makes so much sense why they would, its last effect basically pops an "Arboreal" monster to draw a card, its pretty good when used with the first three as you can pop them, draw a card and Special Summon another one from your Deck, great card so far.

Overall this Archetype is pretty good and has great potential but the monsters have very restricted summoning conditions that it makes them alot less playable in the meta and makes them less interesting so I suggest decreasing their summoning conditions or giving them support that will make their summoning easier. 3/5 unless you change their summoning conditions.

Thanks for the review, Abdel. Unfortunately, I haven't changed their Summoning condition, but I did add a few more cards to speed up their play style, though they're still first turn reliant. And even though Lilly looks a bit out of place right now, I plan on remedying that very soon, as you'll see when I next update this archetype.

Alright then just DM me when you update the Archetype and I will check it out again. Btw the new Spell Card is great as it speeds up their play but Lilly's effect is a little out of hand so let me fix it for ya.

Arboreal Dragon - Lilly: If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or your Graveyard. If this card is Tributed for the Tribute Summon of an "Arboreal" monster: you can Special Summon 1 Level 6 "Arboreal" monster from your Deck. Its effects are negated and it is destroyed during the End Phase. During damage calculation, If an "Arboreal" monster you control battles an opponent's monster: you can banish this card from your Graveyard; that monster gains 1500 DEF until the end of the Battle Phase. You can only activate each effect of "Arboreal Dragon - Lilly" once per turn.

Bit later than I wanted, but got it finished, here's my thoughts on your cards:

Arboreal Birth - Lotus: First off, glad you made it Normal Summoned, so players can’t pull shenanigans and Special Summon it during the opponent’s turn to interrupt plays. Not sure about the flood gate effect honestly, as I view Domain Monarchs as pretty cancerous, but this isn’t nearly as bad since it isn’t so hard to remove. Also, it doesn’t say during either player’s turn, so I’m assuming you can only tribute it during your own turn, and can’t use it to dodge effects. Honestly for its effect, I think that’s for the best.

Arboreal Dragon - Lilly: Thanks for putting that once per turn clause, this card is a strong way to help build your field back up if your opponent wrecks it with a play. I like that Lotus and Lilly are very different in their approach. Lotus is an easy summon, while Lilly is a bit harder, but ultimately worth it, as you get two monsters, instead of one. Though I think having Lilly just protect your Arboreal monsters from destruction by banishing it from the Graveyard similar to Return of the Dragons Lords would be better.

Arboreal Love - Heart: EARTH! FIRE! WIND! WATER! HEART! By your powers combined... I AM CAPTAIN PLANET. In all seriousness this is quite the powerful card partly because it’s a bit broken without a HOPT. Just summon Lotus, tribute it to summon Heart, now bring back Lotus from the Graveyard, and tribute it again, you could use this loop to get 3 Arboreal Love - Heart, and 1 other Arboreal monsters to the field. As for its second effect, it’s a good way to protect important pieces in your Deck, and I like that when this card dies it gets another Arboreal to the field to protect that card. However, the fact that it protects any card as long as there’s another on the field again is a bit ridiculous with all the continuos spells you have, so I think this’d be better if it was just another monster it can’t be destroyed by battle.

Arboreal Change - Season: The adding of a Plant to your hand is good, quick way to get “Bright - Lamp” or “Future - Dreams”, or a Lotus to use for more Special Summoning. You might want to change that wording to, “If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect” for more proper PSCT, just a minor thing.

Arboreal Mystery - Magic: Oh wow, this card pretty much destroys Synchro decks that rely heavily on Special Summoning from the hand. It’s a very interesting effect, I’ll give you that, but if you get this out first, as a floodgate it’s really powerful as it gives you time to deal with the threats of certains cards your opponent might be using. Though thinking more on it now it might be too powerful, against Kozmo you’re basically forcing ships brought out to wait a turn. Now I’m just thinking on how powerful this would be if you teched it in with Monarchs, for a Domain Lockdown. Against the current meta it’d be a really devastating combo.

Arboreal Bright - Lamp: I really like this card, being a hand trap it has an easy summon requirement, it redirects attacks to protect your more important Arboreals, and gets you more tributes during your opponent’s turn

Arboreal Joy - Colour: Okay a built in Solemn Warning seems to strong, especially since it can be floated into and out of. Also, at 2800 DEF it can negate the summonings of nearly everything in the current meta excluding Blue-Eyes, Kozmo Dark Destroyer/Forerunner, and Monarchs (though it’d easily kill one of the tributes. Since there’s no cost, I can’t really see any downside to this card, it’d be a staple at 3.

Arboreal Future - Hopes: Just a note, you would write it as “Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 LIGHT Plant-Type Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set).” Honestly this card seems like a weaker Raidraptor - Ultimate Falcon”, but it’s ultimately much more summonable than Ultimate Falcon, and no matter how your opponent removes it from the field it floats into more tributes to be used, or even your level 1’s to be used for bringing out more Arboreals.

Arboreal Future - Dreams: That 2000 burn damage is good, and I like that you might have some actual difficulty getting it due to Arboreals being hard to Tribute Summon. As the true Ultimate Falcon type card of this deck it’s pretty good, limiting Special Summons to once a turn is a great flood gate, though it’s a bit worrying to some degree. It really prevents common outs like Utopia the Lightning, and again I feel like Monarchs would be one of the worst archetype for this to match up against though because of Domain of the Monarchs. Though again, this card’s harder to summon condition does justify it somewhat. I’d also remove that “(by battle or card effect)”, you can just have it be “when this card leaves the field” so it works even if it’s tributed for a Kaiju, or Monarch.

Arboreal Immortality - Interwoven: The cannot be destroyed by battle seems kind of weird as these things float, but whatever ‘floats’ your boat (kill me). Decent way to give your level 6 Arboreal monsters a means of attack. Taking no damage is good, as Arboreal monster in attack will get run over before floating into something in defense. Destroying an Arboreal for +1 seems fine, but you could play two of these, and then it would be impossible for your opponent to touch either of them, and you could destroy two Arboreal monsters and go +2 every turn. I honestly feel that spell protection is a bit overpowered, but if you view it as absolutely necessary then make it so that it can’t be destroyed by card effects while you control an “Arboreal” monster, not card so you can’t use two of these to protect each other, and give it a HOPT.

Arboreal Mysticism: Nice way to get Lotus to the hand and Lilly to the grave. Or in late game it gets Dreams to the hand, because I honestly can’t imagine running more than one Dreams, as it’ll probably cause some bricking. Also it gets your Arboreal engine running if Lilly or Birth aren’t there to start running it.

Arboreal Hearth - Interdependent: Spells floating into monsters is actually one of my favorite mechanics, and this does it nicely. Also, as one of the few spells to get the Arboreal Train running it definitely is pretty necessary.

Arboreal Soul - Interface: Feel like this is too good to be a quick play spell, at the very least I think it should be made a bit slower as a trap. It can destroy any card as long as it can be targeted, so Kozmos do have protection against it, but most everything else is fair game. I like that for its secondary effect the two destroyed cards have to be monsters, though the exceeding the level seems like a slap on the wrist mostly, unless you’re destroying Xyz monsters I don’t see how this wouldn’t happen.

Overall:

It seems a bit hard to get this Arboreal train started, but once you do, your opponent definitely needs to watch out, and make sure you can’t get three of them to the field for your Arboreal Future, which is your win condition. Unfortunately not many of the other Arboreal monsters really stand out to me that much, but they work for what you’re aiming, and you gave some good effect, though the floodgating for a few seem pretty ridiculous, especially “Mystery - Magic” and “Joy - Colour” which is basically a searchable Solemn Warning.

Stuff to note: One for One would be a great tech for this deck, to get your Arboreals in the Graveyard, and you lv 1 Arboreals to the field. This deck does have acces to the Rank 6 Toolbox, and while not a great one and prevents your Arboreals from floating, could prove useful for certain situations, like with cards such as Utopia Beyond. This also seems like a deck that desparately wants to go first, especially since you can normal summon extra monsters then, and it’s a bit weird to think how this deck could play so differently depending on when it goes. Like with all float heavy decks, you’re definitely going to want to be wary of the non destruction forms of removal, such as spinning, bouncing, and banishing, also Armades effects seems like an easy way to deal with this deck. Honestly I was curious why you decided not to give any cards to protect them from targeting. Just seems liked something that’d be useful so that it’d be harder for these alternate forms of removal to occur.

Altogether as an archetype it seems perfectly functionable and able to compete in the meta we have currently. I would definitely see a few of these cards being put on the forbidden or limited list though.

Hmm. I suppose so. About Lilly, I mean. These guys are lacking in the protection department, but considering you don't really mind losing cards to destruction in this archetype, I'd be better if I made it so that it protects them from all other forms of removal besides destruction. I might do that, later.

Honestly, it's fine imo to have Love - Heart not have the HOPT, since it's based nigh-entirely on Bonfire Lotus (the FIRE Plant that Plants love, whose name I'm blanking on rn), but considering what this deck can do, what with the three tribute potential, perhaps it's for the best I give it a HOPT. And I suppose changing it from generic 'card' to 'monster' would be fair, since this was supposed to combo into Lotus, to lock out your opponent, which wouldn't be okay, given hindsight.

Actually, as far as PSCT goes, the only difference in what we said is length. I'm sure somewhere on YCM there's an article about it, but as far as PSCT goes, there are certain short-cuts you can take that won't detract from people's ability to understand the card, and how it functions. Putting just general 'destruction' is fine, from what I remember.

Hmm. I see what you mean with Magic, but it's not a floodgate: by technical definition, it's a pseudo-floodgate, as the monsters are still allowed on the field. It's the same as Future Visions, but for hand SS's (it also hurts Pendulums, if you didn't notice). If anything, I'd change that it had to be SS'd by the effect of an 'Arboreal' monster to make it less techy. Since, to be honest, you'd much rather SS this card than tribute it, or Normal Summon it.

Hmm. Yeah. Honestly, a HOPT would be the only thing I'd be willing to do to this card, given that without it, the Arboreals lose an important member of their disruption squad. Which is what this deck does best (besides pseudo-floodgating). Still, I have no doubt this guy'd be at 1.

Oh. Hmm. You're clever. Thanks, I completely forgot about Kaijus and their dang tribute shenanigans. Thanks, man. I'll remember that.

HOPT on the last effect, and make the protection solely if I control a monster. Got it. Don't know how I missed that, to be honest, so thank you.

*Interlace. >:B Anyways, it's essentially that one trap card where you tribute a Winged-Beast to pop 2 cards your opponent controls, and you're right: that card's a trap for a reason. I wanted to have some fun with a trap-less archetype, since I've grown bored of trap cards, but I guess it's balance > flavour. And everything you're saying could be applied to that trap card, yet to my knowledge it's at 3. Not arguing with you on your points, just bringing up a few of my own.

- - - - -

Thanks for the review, man! You're really good at this, despite what you said earlier. Don't doubt yourself: keep pushing your skills in the future! I look forward to seeing more of ya in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Just something to ask, would you mind putting the written version of cards in a spoiler as well? Would make it look much nicer ^^ Of course, these cards look great already, but I'll get into their playability.

Lotus is odd, considering that while the first effect does require a Normal Summon for the first effect, which is probably just fine in terms of balance, in terms of design...why make such a generic effect? I mean, I get the archetype doesn't have an ED, but at least if you have such a restrictive effect, perhaps make it restrict you a little more than that. Perhaps do a Monarch and require no ED? As for the second effect, the tributing effect, I don't know how happy I am with the tributing effect having no restriction of any sort, as it Summons from the deck and is a 141 target, and doesn't need to be Normal Summoned to activate. HOPT, perhaps? Or some sort of Level restriction?

For Lilly, just a tiny thing to note, if you want to name it after the plant, it's Lily iirc, but the name of a person is Lilly. Tiny thing, but hey, I pick out tiny things XD SS from hand is fine, Graveyard too, allowing you to rebuild plays with a nice HOPT to balance it out. If it gets Warning/Striked, you can just Summoned it back again, which, while it may seem like a bad thing, it's really much better to save those Solemns for the other cards instead. Lily being another 141 target allows for double Summons if you can SS two and then Tribute, but to be honest considering that it says Tribute Summon instead of Tribute, and since its hard to get more than one Normal Summon a turn...except these are now Brilliant Fusion targets. Hm. Draw Brilliant Fusion, send your Gem-Knight and this card to the Graveyard, SS this card from your Graveyard....you now have two monsters without having Normal Summoned, true, many decks can do that, but this deck seems to pack a punch. As for the Graveyard effect....I do kinda like it. If you use it on your turn you cannot Tribute Summoned, and you can't chain to Kaijus, as they've already activated. Fun. Remember to make it doesn't last permanently, kay? Add that End Phase limit :P

Heart is...eh. So, with heart, go first and you win go second and you lose? What are the chances that your opponent is going to have 0 cards on their side of the field? BEWD maybe after you've beaten them down, but heart is mostly going to brick unless you go first. For the second effect, you do not need the OPT and the HOPT on the effect. Just lay out the other conditions, cost and effect, then slap your HOPT on it, as all "Once per turn:" does it say its SOPT. And no, just because it doesn't say Once Per Turn it doesn't mean it can be used during either player's turn. Monster effects on the field are SS1 unless stated otherwise. It's an okay effect, all in all, but the last effect better make up for it...unfortunately its too slow to do so. I mean, I get how Lily is going to force your opponent to destroy it, but not only does it have a restriction on your smart plays, but you can't SS itself? What? Is that to prevent walls? Actually that's not a bad idea, ignore that, good restriction. Also remember that exclusive searchers say "Special Summon "X" card, except "This card" " not that besides thing. Maybe a bit weak at present, would suggest buffing the main effects, but its too hard at present to get out.

Just gonna quickly comment here about the fact that three other monsters have that Nomi clause if your opponent controls a card: WHY? They're only going to work in a rare few situations, if you go first or if your opponent has no plays. This means if your opponent really has no cards, if these other cards of yours had strong effects they could explode. Is this good? No. Cards which can explode in a few situations aren't too well designed, as an archetype needs to be able to hold its own no matter what your opponent does. I mean, if they could just Normal Summon in addition, that would be fine, but the fact that they are completely useless unless Summoned from the Deck or by that one continuous spell card, really limits it. Yes, it could be a good effect if it was on one, at most two, but this archetype is not doing well in my visual decklist. Excuse my rant.

Eh, Season slightly changes my opinion. Special Summoning can help this archetype a lot, especially with lonefire blossom, but I still feel my point stands with the fact that they're gonna brick in the hand. Relying on your deck is not a good way for decks to work, as you normally start to see Mallet around. Destruction effect is also okay, I guess.

Magic works? I mean, it's an extremely annoying effect, as it's almost just one of those "oh lel look i dont do something guess you cant do it" effects. Plus side is that's not permanent and it helps with the controlling no cards...although only temporarily. I know I just said that, but it only allows you an extra turn to go explosive. True, that might be all that you need, but its only viable until your opponent sets their traps, in which case rip you. The destruction effects are really okay, but basically only rely on Lily, and since it can't be recycled after banishing...yeah.

Lamp finally allows some speed outside of their Normal Summoning effect, and helps spam the destruction. Very useful...and also a good way of protecting the lesser members of the archetype, which only consists of 2, but still. It works.

Colour also works as a Floodgate? Yeah, these guys are definitely splitting from Monarchs, and effects like these are hard not to like, forcing you to think outside the box to play. Destruction as a cost is weird though, and while it does kick off the last effect, it prevents your opponent from doing much about it.

Hopes and Dreams plz ;3 Both card’s changing battle position needs a colon to make it activate, and while the Tribute Summon effect is your standard cost to bring out a boss, how good is this archetype at spamming? Not too good on its own, it almost requires outside cards for that speed, as most cards activate upon leaving the field. I guess Lily can do it, and Lamp sort of helps, but still, the speed is minimal. Both cards are fine for bosses, but a quick question: Why would I ever run the Level 8 over the Level 10? Both have the same Summoning conditions, but the Level 10 is clearly better in every way. The Level 10 might actually be a bit too strong, so perhaps nerf it in summoning method or affect on you?

Interwoven really just seems a little OTT, with self protection, draw power, protection of damage and the ability to go SHS on everyone just seeming like the best card ever. I would suggest removing one of those. Why does it do a SHS? I mean, the bosses are like that, I guess, but does it add anything flavour wise, or is just because they have high DEF? If so, just seems like a little bit of effort for a big mechanic, as throwing in different playstyles isn’t always a good thing. Again, bosses, so I guess it's okay.

Interconnected has your mill, and is basically a +1 as it sends your Lily to SS itself and adds a monster to your hand. Put some HOPT on that please, as the searching combined with graveyard play of the monsters is pretty powerful, as sending from the Deck to the Graveyard is barely a cost any more.

Interdependent has what the bosses need, I guess. Well, the mid bosses, at any rate. I mean, it does render some of my rant invalid, but if you’re relying on one card to get over that restriction it’s still not good. It’s destruction effect does work wonders with it, but needs some HOPT. I mean, this archetype could definitely run some Dark World Dealings or something, and easily get plusses off stuff like that.

Interlace adds some much needed speed to the archetype, but really needs some OPT. Like seriously, it allows you to destroy your opponent's field with no cost and a potential benefit to you. Also something to note, its secondary effect activates if you destroyed any 2 monsters with combined levels greater than your destroyed monster, even if your monster is one of those monsters. So might want to specify who the two monsters belong to.

All in all, not really a fan right now, as they are extremely explosive with not much consistency. The Spell/Traps give it that, but up to being good when it's bad and OP when it's good. However, the concept is fun-ish, and I do love that style of play. There’s potential here, but the archetype’s design makes it difficult to work as a whole. Hope my suggestions help!

Archived