The Weirdest™ Igknight Deck Ever [TCG/SHVI]

❇︎

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Main Deck x40

Monsters x25

3x Igknight Paladin

3x Igknight Templar

3x Igknight Cavalier

3x Igknight Margrave

3x Igknight Gallant

3x Igknight Veteran

2x Archfiend Eccentrick

2x Gendo the Ascetic Monk

1x Majesty's Fiend

2x Kuraz the Light Monarch

Spells x9

1x Upstart Goblin

1x Reinforcement of the Army

2x Summoner's Art

3x Card of Demise

1x Igknight Phoenix

1x Reasoning (Will probably sub for another Phoenix or a Reload)

Traps x6

3x Fiendish Chain (Will probably sub w/ Scolding)

1x Echo Oscillation

1x Solemn Warning

1x Starlight Road

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Extra Deck x15

1x Number F0: Utopic Future

1x Number 47: Nightmare Shark

1x Number 49: Fortune Tune

1x Number 86: Heroic Champion - Rhongomyniad

1x Blade Armor Ninja

1x Abyss Dweller

1x Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer

1x Majester Paladin, the Ascending Dracoslayer

1x Number 61: Volcasaurus

1x Artifact Durendal

1x Photon Strike Bounzer

1x Number 39: Utopia Beyond

1x Beatrice, Lady of the Eternal

1x Dante, Pilgrim of the Burning Abyss (will sub with Utopia/UTL)

1x Stardust Dragon

Side Deck x15

2x D.D. Crow

2x Gameciel, the Sea Turtle Kaiju

1x Gendo the Ascetic Monk

1x Holding Legs

1x The End of Anubis

3x Twin Twister

1x Raigeki

1x Chaos Trap Hole

1x Ferret Flames

2x Imperial Iron Wall

[spoiler=Explanation]

The Deck's main goal is to summon Rhongomyniad as fast as possible and beat the opponent down with it and several other Igknights. Given it only takes a couple searches to summon Number 86, even with 3-4 mats, there's little room to mock. That said, though, the player may find it sacky, since one is often required to have 3 level 4s in hand in order to make Rhongomyniad on the first turn. Even so, though, the Deck does have other pathways, or can just burn through very quickly.

Kuraz

I love, love, LOVE Kuraz. Its effect is so versatile and fun to use, since you can either get rid of your opponent's pesky threats or you can draw a few cards yourself. Usually, the latter is the better option, since your opponent drawing cards usually isn't very good for you, but even drawing 2 free cards on the Pendulum Summon is very helpful, since you can always just target the Pendulum Monsters who will come back anyways.

Gendo

As gimmicky as it looks, Gendo is usually a walking Skill Drain with protection. Pendulum Summoning it in defense grants you negation of all attack-position monsters, and protection of said negation from Dark Hole/Raigeki/Slumber. Or, if you don't need him, you can use him as an Xyz material.

Majesty's Fiend

I mean, I thought this one was basically logic. Locking out Kozmo if player turn 1 and Burning Abyss just about any time, there's not much of a reason not to use this card.

Card of Demise

Whaaaaat!!?!??!?!? Demise in a Special Summon Deck???? Preposterous!!!!!!!

Not so. Demise is an easy, usually guaranteed +3 when drawn, considering every card in the Deck can either go in the S/T Zones, Pendulum Zones, or be Pendulum/Tribute Summoned. You won't always want to play it immediately, and should save it for when you have at least one defense on board, since you won't be able to Pendulum Summon that turn.

Echo Oscillation

This card isn't exactly vital, but it's extremely fun. Netting up to 2 free draws is really fun, but you have to be careful you don't put too much on the line.

​Starlight Road/Stardust Dragon

Twin Twisters, anyone? Demise needs a couple traps, so I'm sure this will do the trick against people who instinctively try and snipe your many Spells.

D.D. Crow

MVP tbh. It's mediocre sometimes, but there's not much more gratifying than banishing a pesky Pantheism or ship, or Dante if you're feeling ballsy.

Holding Legs

I dunno, seemed necessary against Demise Decks, which would be a world of pain to fight.

Ferret Flames

Ever complained about OTKs? Don't underestimate this card. It can single-handedly send back up to 5 monsters--regardless of whether they're unaffected by card effects or not--and keep you alive and kicking. I wouldn't play too many, but this card is way underrated.

So yeah, this is the most fun I have ever had playing Yugioh outside of maybe Qliphort or Madolche.

❇︎

If you want the Level 4s, Painful Decision?

hhhhnnnnnnGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!™™™™™™

I tried painful decision in the original build, but it was so bricky. I'd draw it late/mid game, and it would be a totally dead card, since I only play 6 level 4s, 3 of each name, so since I'm searching for them really quickly early game, the card just wouldn't work.

Also, I don't play the 3s because they're mostly useless outside of being targets for that card, what with low stats and a common level with access to not-so-amazing Xyzs.

Archived