Ivor Fragment Templar (The Eternal Soul Expands With Me)

Black D'Sceptyr

BDS would like to take the time to say-sorry for the delay, I literally just got back from an out-of-state job interview that my dumb-arse didn't know was out-of-state until almost two hours before the meetup. Suffice to say, did my best.

ANYWAYS BACK TO THE WEEK OF EBON (and Ivor!) (wait what the deuces)

Yes, that's right, I'm providing the Dark Magician Archetype with another route to conquer through a parallel union! Much like Kozmo! Only it doesn't cause immediate ulcers against its opponents! And I don't hold a standby deck with it at my home to humble the braggarts! Cost me 200 dollars more than I needed to spend on it too, with that damn new banlist on back tow now

Starting off with the first one. Since it's making Synchro versions of the Dark Magician Warrior offshoots, it requires a Tuner to make them live. And with Flame Swordsman ATK and Buster Blader DEF, as well as a Level nestled right between those two gladiators....well it's not exactly write home material, but it works. And the rest....well it involves you scrolling twice. Once to see the card I'm spoling, and once more to make sure the reviews and revelry arrive in abundance on this post. 

ivor_fragment_templar_by_bdsceptyr-dag63

[spoiler=Ivor Fragment Templar: Errata]

LIGHT/Warrior-Type Tuner Effect Monster/Level 6/1800 ATK/2300 DEF

Lore: If you control a Spellcaster-Type Normal or Xyz Monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) as a Spellcaster-Type monster. While this card is in your hand or on the field, it loses 1 Level for each Spellcaster-Type monster you control. This card's name is treated as "Dark Magician" while it is in the Graveyard.

(keep an eye out for the Ivor Synchros, they'll blow your hair back!)

BDS signing off

If it's special summoned to the field it automatically becomes a level 5, so you can't really make the standard Xyz plays with it in DM or DMG. I will say it's not that hard to spam out DM with Eternal Soul on the field, in fact with Ebon Illusion Magician it's pretty easy to get 3 or more to the field, but it still seems a bit inconsistent, epecially as it requires you to already control DM's, so it can be dead in the hand first turn, as DM oike dirupting the opponent. I like that it's treated as DM in the graveyard, but if revived from there, that level loss won't occur anymore, so it won't reach level 1, to make for those Synchro plays.

Edit: I forgot about Magician's Rod there for a second, so this actually does have more use than what I was thinking, as DM player's love getting Rod first turn, and this would help synchro into that level 7 you made, and if you use Robe, you can go into the level 6.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived