RIDDLE ME THIS!

The Riddler

eohqb6vhwzehblqx6kcv.jpg

Hello again. It is your dubious adversary, Nygma. This thread is going to behave as my base of operations for the next few weeks while you all struggle through my gauntlet of wit. Unfortunately, some moderator of this forum, whose identity is as of yet unknown, foolishly believed such a test of tact was not suited for the clubs section. By the by, have you found the first clue yet? It is in my introduction post, just waiting to be solved. I decided to start things fairly easy, so don't sweat too much over it.

Anyway, I suppose I ought to explain exactly how my challenge is to work. From the clue in my introduction, you will glean a url for a tumblr blog. The precise methods by which it can be deciphered will remain a secret for now, but I expect you all to work it out quickly enough. And, for the one to solve this step of the puzzle first, there is a reward! You will be glorified in this thread as an official YCM Detective! On the numbered list below, I will have the member who solved each puzzle of my challenge, next to the puzzle they solved, along with their solution! This way, you don't all have to go it alone. Once all of my puzzles have been solved, the solution to it all will be displayed publicly here, and you can all see the hint I was given as a part of Flowey's grander game.

But don't think I'm a slouch. From what the flower told me, my challenge is the most difficult of them all, so keep your wits about you and be sure to work together.

0: Sage Cow/Talim Rave/Asgore Dreemurr
1: Sage Cow
2: Talim Rave/Sage Cow
3: Sage Cow
4: Sage Cow
5: Sage Cow
6: Sage Cow
7: vla1ne
8: Sage Cow
9: Asgore Dreemurr
10: Asgore Dreemurr
11: Asgore Dreemurr
12: Skaia
Final:

Good luck, Junior Detectives.

[spoiler=Riddle Me This]
QHPzZYK.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will respond with my own riddle. Why would I bother with a pardon when my intellect walks circles around anyone attempting to pursue me?

Because despite your supposed "intellect", you keep getting caught by a vigilante in a silly spandex costume and locked away in an insane asylum that is several decades overdue for a security upgrade. You honestly had more success as a private detective.

Frank truly representing the people I see. Good on you

I try my best.

And where is he now? From what I can tell, nobody here is a detective able enough to best me.

Currently. From what my CIA and NSA liaisons have told me, you will get frustrated that no one can beat your challenges, and become unstable. Likewise, when someone does begin to unlock your riddles, you will become frustrated and become unstable. So riddle me this. If you will go on a psychopathic rampage no matter what anyone else does, then why should anyone put any effort into solving your riddles, which will not satiate you, when removing you as a threat is clearly the way to go?

...argh, regretting knowing next to nothing about how tumblr URLs work, or I might have actually made some progress on this. Right now, it feels like I'm kind of slamming my head against a wall with how much it's splitting over this...

I do not envy the Dark Knight for dealing with these kind of puzzles, though I'm fairly sure that you are actually doing him a favor with them as well, by keeping his mental fortitude at top shape so that he's not as likely to get Alzheimer's in the future. Even considered the fact that you help him as much as you challenge him when you pull these?

Thank yas, good sir. (Now that I think on that, would that be the correct title to refer to you as, since you are not currently causing madness with one's riddles? A quandary to consider later.) Now, let's see if I can make some form of progress...

EDIT: ME THINKS I just had myself a swing and a miss. After some thought, I ran the code through a Base 64 decoder and tried using the end result in a tumblr url.

This right here turned into this right here after a redirect...

So, Base 64 decryption's likely out.

That wasn't a request, Nygma.

But since you can't answer it, I'll solve the riddle for you.

The answer, is you.

After I drive this shotgun into your temple.

Your head will explode, and I'll have to consider cleaning up brain matter.

The people you leave behind will weep.

But it's justice for the crimes you've committed, you gangly son of a jabroni.

Now hold still.

D13EQef.jpg

Archived