Evasion Reborn [Written, AGM?]

Draconus297

So, I was just having a grand old time doing what I do, before I had an idea- you know how a lot of anime cards are basically just worse (more situational, they have a cost, they just accomplish less) versions of Negate Attack?

Here's an interesting take on the concept, that might even be welcome in Link format:

Evasion Reborn

Counter Trap

If your opponent declares an attack on a face-up monster you control, you can move the attack target to an adjacent unoccupied Monster Zone, negate the attack, and end the Battle Phase. Then, you can Special Summon 1 monster from your GY whose ATK and DEF are both less than or equal to the ATK and DEF of the attack target, in the Monster Zone that that monster occupied before this card was activated.

Yes, it's a bit more situational, as it requires your opponent to be attacking into a face-up monster. However, it also revives a monster and has a gimmick I thought was interesting, so I want to know- would you run it? If not, what would need to be changed/improved to get you to consider running it?

So uhm. Having a face-up monster is usually not that special, so not that situational at all (all it really does is say "F U" to subterrors and ghostricks). This card is basicly negate attack. with the added bonus of moving stuff, not targetting and special summoning stuff from grave. This thing would basicly completely power creep any battle trap in existance as it furthers your plays and it would creep "Return to the Front Lines" which in itself is already a better version of "Call of the Haunted".

Is it OP? No. Not really. It's not a floodgate, and it's a trap. And it's a battle trap so it's weak to S/T removal.

Would this be a staple in many decks? Yes, every slow deck would play at least one of these. Think of any deck that would run "Return to the Front Lines" now, except this is just a better version of that.

I would've liked the card if it wasn't a straight upgrade to already existing cards.

Archived