[AGM] chacha - Making Two Archetypes One! [27/27?]

Tojin

So normally I'd put the prompt from the Archetype Game here, but it's amazingly long, so I'm just gonna put a link to it here.

This archetype was a really interesting one to make, because you're taking two kinda disparate concepts and merging them together into something that is (hopefully) cohesive. However, this was also pretty difficult to balance, especially the Chachaka part, since "soft OPT destruction effects" don't exactly make for balanced gameplay. Hopefully I managed to get it right though.

As a side note, I think this is the largest archetype I've made so far. Counting the 3 "chacha" cards that already exist, this archetype is 30 cards total. Just a fun fact. :p

The 3 real "chacha" cards will just have links to their wiki pages, rather than having their text pasted here.

[spoiler=Monsters (12)]

Achacha Archer

Achacha Chanbara

Achacha Swashbuckler

Level 3

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

1500/0

(Quick Effect): When your opponent takes effect damage, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard), and if you do, inflict 300 damage to your opponent, then gain 300 lp. You can only Special Summon 1 "Achacha Swashbuckler" this way per turn.

Achacha Gunslinger

Level 3

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

1300/300

If you control a face-up "chacha" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Twice per turn (Quick Effect), when your opponent takes effect damage, except from this card’s effect, inflict 400 damage to your opponent.

Achacha Survivor

Level 3

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

1000/600

(Quick Effect): When your opponent takes effect damage while this card is in the Graveyard, you can Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 "Achacha Survivor" this way per turn. When this card is Summoned, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.

Achacha Ancestor

Level 3

FIRE

Warrior/Effect

1400/100

When this card is Summoned, you can inflict 300 damage to your opponent. (Quick Effect): When your opponent takes effect damage, you can Normal Summon 1 "chacha" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can only activate this effect of "Achacha Forerunner" once per turn.

Chachaka Archer

Chachaka Atlatlist

Level 6

WIND

Warrior/Effect

1000/1500

You can Special Summon this card by returning a face-up “chacha” monster you control to the hand. The monster returned by this effect cannot be Summoned this turn. Once per turn, you can target 1 monster on the field: destroy it.

Chachaka Braveheart

Level 6

WIND

Warrior/Effect

1500/1200

This card can be Normal Summoned without tributing. Once per turn, you can target 1 card on your side of the field: destroy it, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "chacha" monster from your hand or Graveyard in defense position. If you control at least 3 "chacha" monsters when you activate this effect, you can target 1 card on your opponent's side of the field instead.

Chachaka Horseman

Level 6

WIND

Warrior/Effect

1300/1000

If you control a face-up "chacha" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When a card your opponent controls is destroyed by a card effect, you can target 1 card in their hand: destroy it. You can only activate this effect of "Chachaka horseman" once per turn.

Chachaka Raider

Level 6

WIND

Warrior/Effect

1400/1600

When a card your opponent controls is destroyed by a card effect, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. If this card leaves the field after being summoned from the Graveyard this way, banish it. You can target 1 Set card your opponent controls: destroy it, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only activate this effect of "Chachaka Raider" once per turn.

Chachaka Samurai

Level 6

WIND

Warrior/Effect

1400/1200

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card from your hand. You can only Special Summon one "Chachaka Samurai" this way per turn. When this card is Summoned, select and activate one of the following effects:

• Reveal 1 "chacha" monster in your hand: destroy 1 face-up card on the field.

• Add 1 "chacha" monster from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps (11)]

Achacha Assault

Normal Spell

Add 1 "chacha" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card and 1 "chacha" monster from your Graveyard (quick effect): inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the banished monster's ATK. You can only activate each effect of "Achacha Assault" once per turn.

Achacha Charge

Quick-play Spell

Inflict 600 damage to your opponent, and if you do, face-up "chacha" monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

Achacha Arc Pylon

Continuous Spell

Each time your opponent takes effect damage, except by the effect of "Achacha Arc Pylon", immediately place 1 counter on this card. You can only control 1 face-up “Achacha Arc Pylon”. Once per turn, you can remove any number of counters from this card to activate the appropriate effect.

1: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

2: Add 1 "chacha" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

3+: For every 3 counters removed, activate one of the following effects:

• Inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

If you removed at least 6 counters to activate this effect, destroy this card after the effect resolves.

Chachaka Call

Normal Spell

If you control a face-up "chacha" monster: Special Summon 1 "Chachaka" monster from your hand or Graveyard. You can banish this card from your Graveyard, then target 1 card on each side of the field: destroy both targets. You can only activate 1 "Chachaka call" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Chachaka Chain

Quick-play Spell

Activate only in response to the effect of a "chacha" monster. Target 1 card on the field: destroy it.

Chachaka Cannon

Continuous Spell

Each time a card(s) on the field is destroyed by a card effect, except by the effect of "Chachaka cannon", place 1 counter on this card for each card destroyed. You can only control 1 face-up “Chachaka Cannon”. Once per turn, you can remove any number of counters from this card: activate the appropriate effect.

1: Pay 1000 lp and target 1 face-up card on the field: destroy it.

2: Add 1 "chacha" monster from your Graveyard to your hand.

3+: For every three counters removed, activate 1 of the following effects:

• Destroy 1 card on the field.

If you removed 6 or more counters to activate this effect, destroy this card after this effect resolves.

Achachaka Ultimate Combo

Continuous Spell

The effects of cards destroyed by "chacha" cards (by battle or by card effects) are negated in the Graveyard. When a "chacha" monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster. When a card your opponent controls is destroyed by the effect of a "chacha" monster, you can draw 1 card. You can only activate each effect of "Achachaka Ultimate Combo" once per turn.

Achachaka Moebius

Continuous Spell

When your opponent takes effect damage: Special Summon 1 “Chachaka” monster from your hand or Graveyard in defense position. When a card in your opponent's possession is destroyed: Add 1 "Achacha" monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can only activate each effect of “Achachaka Moebius” once per turn.

Achachaka Formation

Continuous Spell

Cards that are destroyed by the effect of a “chacha” monster are banished instead of being sent to the Graveyard. Each time your opponent takes effect damage, except by the effect of “Achachaka Formation”, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.

Achachaka HQ

Field Spell

"chacha" monsters you control gain 400 ATK and DEF. Once per turn, you can discard 1 card: add 1 "chacha" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand, except "Achachaka HQ". When this card is destroyed by your opponent's card effect, you can destroy 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, inflict 400 damage to your opponent.

Achachaka Counter-Assault

Counter Trap

Activate only when your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card, or the effect of a Spell/Trap card, while you control a “chacha” monster. Negate the effects of that card, and if you do, destroy it, then activate one of the following effects.

• Inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

• Discard 1 card and target 1 Set card your opponent controls: destroy it.

[spoiler=Extra Deck (7)]

Amaterasu, Achacha Goddess

Rank 3

FIRE

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2100/800

3 Level 3 "chacha" monsters

Once per turn, when a card your opponent controls is destroyed by a card effect, you can inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of "chacha" monsters you control x300. Once per turn, you can detach an Xyz Material from this card: Special Summon 1 "chacha" monster from your hand or Graveyard, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its Level x100.

Adzali, Achacha Ardor

Rank 3

FIRE

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

1500/1500

2 Level 3 "chacha" monsters

When a card your opponent controls is destroyed by a card effect, you can inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: the next time your opponent takes effect damage this turn, all monsters you control gain ATK equal to the damage inflicted.

Anubis, Achacha Defender

Rank 3

FIRE

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

800/2100

2 Level 3 "chacha" monsters

Once per turn, when a card your opponent controls is destroyed by a card effect, you can draw 1 card. Once per turn (quick effect), you can detach an Xyz Material from this card: "chacha" monsters you control gain the following effect:

• Once, if this card would be destroyed, it is not, also inflict 400 damage to your opponent.

Chesed, Chachaka Warrior

Rank 6

WIND

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2700/1200

3 Level 6 monsters

Once per turn, when your opponent takes effect damage, you can add 1 "chacha" monster from your Graveyard to your hand. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can detach any number of Xyz Materials from this card: destroy a number of cards equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached +1. You can only activate this effect of “Chesed, Chachaka Warrior" once per turn.

Chigiri, Chachaka Cheerleader

Rank 6

WIND

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

2000/2000

2 Level 6 monsters

Once per turn, when your opponent takes effect damage, you can target 1 card on the field: destroy it. Once per turn, you can detach an Xyz Material from this card: the next time a card your opponent controls is destroyed by a card effect this turn, all face-up "chacha" monsters you control gain 500 ATK.

Chisel, Chachaka Shield

Rank 6

WIND

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

1200/2700

2 Level 6 monsters

Once per turn, when your opponent takes effect damage, you can draw 1 card. (Quick Effect): When a face-up "chacha" monster(s) you control would be destroyed, you can detach an Xyz Material from this card: that monster(s) is not destroyed, also you can target and destroy a number of face-up cards on the field equal to or less than the number of monsters affected by this card's effect. You can only activate this effect of "Chisel, Chachaka Shield" once per turn.

Acheron, Achachaka Lord

Rank 9

WIND

Warrior/Xyz/Effect

3000/3000

3 Level 9 monsters

This card can also be Xyz Summoned by using 1 “Achacha” Xyz Monster and 1 “Chachaka” Xyz Monster you control as Xyz Materials. (Xyz Materials attached to those monsters become attached to this card.) This monster is also treated as FIRE-Attribute. Cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. Once per turn (Quick Effect), you can detach an Xyz Material from this card: destroy 1 card on the field, and if it was a monster, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its ATK on the field. During your opponent’s turn, you can return this card to the Extra Deck, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 “Chachaka” Xyz Monster and 1 “Achacha” Xyz Monster from your Graveyard.

Okay, let's go over these one at a time.

Swashbuckler is really sweet, although I think that some part of it needs to be nerfed- it's an impressive 1500 stick for a Level 3, it burns, and it heals. It also doesn't exclusively need to be run in chacha, it's searchable by Flame Child, and it fuels R3 plays effectively. It's amazing at what it does.

Gunslinger is Ookazi on legs, because it can chain to itself. Just thought you should know. That, and three in your opening hand and any other Achacha is 2 R3s on your first turn, so . . .

Survivor is good, and doesn't do anything stupid. It works.

Ancestor's effect is really neat, and can further your plays. I like it.

Atlatlist . . . It either needs another effect (CyDra clause? Meklord Summoning condition?), or a sizable boost to its stats, because it's just kinda lame and you're going to be running like any other R6 fodder in the AGM- the Aeon engine, the fruit dragons, the pseudo-Mali/Hierartic thing going on in Jurassic Dragons and Wilonka . . . poor guy has the coolest weapon in his sub-archetype (in my opinion), but not much else going for him.

Chachaka Braveheart. Nice name, sweet effect, doesn't do anything stupid, ladders well into your boss, synergizes with Ancestor. What's not to love?

The rest tomorrow, I'm a bit worn out.

In order...

I didn't think Swashbuckler would need changing, but if you think so, I'll fix it up a bit. Changing the burn/LP gain to 300 each sounds about right.

Forgot to make Gunslinger unable to chain to itself, whoops. And while 3 Gunslingers and another Achacha do mean 2 Rank 3's, the chances of that happening are not high.

Yeah, Atlatlist was meant to be a sort of mirror to Chachaka Archer. There's a reason Archer is considered to be such a bad card, though. :p Atlatlist can now bounce another "chacha" to summon itself (though you can't summon the bounced monster again that turn), since giving it actually good stats isn't really in the spirit of the prompt.

Okay, continuing:

Horseman is a weird one. On one hand, Braveheart + Horseman is a play that nets you a monster from the hand, a R6, and (if you have a third chacha on board) a pop and forced hand minus for your opponent, and can be done on your first turn. On the other . . . effect destruction triggers appear pretty often in the AGM, so I guess it works.

Raider actually makes Gauntlet Launcher an actual threat, amounting to a pseudo-Ratpier because if it's detached to trigger a destructive effect, it comes right back. That's extremely neat, but it might get abused a bit with no limitations. Its destructive effect is a relatively interesting Mystical Space Jar of Greed with a HOPT, meaning that the fact that it's so easy to revive makes it almost a boss in its own right.

Chachaka Samurai is a consistency card, decent enabler, and yet is a Level 6 with the stats of Celtic Guardian. Is just kinda great.

Achacha Assault basically works like this: Search your combo piece, make Xyz, activate effect, banish this card and the detached thing for burn damage, SS Achacha Swashbuckler from your hand if he's in there. Always run at 3 and never any less.

Charge is outclassed as burn by Ookazi, and outclassed as a boost card by a few things. But, given that it does both I'm giving it some slack.

Arc Pylon just gives you an incentive to abuse its inherent loophole in that you can run 3, and search all day every day/eat up a decent chunk of your opponent's LP, because Gunslinger can Chain itself to their burn effects, meaning that if you have two Arc Pylons with 1 counter each, 1 Gunslinger can give them both 2 Counters.

Chachaka Call is easy Rank 6, the card, because Samurai > Call > Samurai > any chacha, but given that it takes a bit of setup . . . it's still pretty strong, yo.

More tomorrow. I have other AGM things to get to.

Arc Pylon (and its Chachaka counterpart) have been edited so that you can only control one. I'd edit Raider to banish itself when sent to the grave after being summoned from there, but editing from my phone has apparently made some things go wonky. I'm wary of messing things up more. Just know that that change is in the pipeline.

Okay, let's strap in and wrap up this trilogy.

Chachaka Chain is an interesting removal card, I'll give it that, especially given its possible use as a hand trap, but . . . I'm not sure whether it's great or kinda bad, so I'll just say it's average. I can also say that it's neat fuel for the chain-focused cards we have (oh hey that draw card is live), which judging by the name is deliberate.

Chachaka Cannon confirms something I've been noticing as this archetype continues- the consistency here is amazing. Not like full-power Nekroz "you will have your boss turn 1 every game if you play right" kind of consistency, but you will definitely have your combo pieces on hand pretty frequently. Also, Heralding Doll, that generic that's focused on giving everyone the right Counters they need, only gets better with time.

Ultimate Combo is utterly ridiculous for the archetype and I love it. Everyone is Guardian Baou, everyone is Flame Wingman, kill your opponent's stuff and plus harder for your reward. Free Swashbuckler all day every day.

Moebius refers to itself as "Achachaka Formation" in its card text. Which is it? Aside from that . . . tie-ins, yay.

HQ makes this archetype EVEN MORE CONSISTENT, holy hell. Run at 3, if you don't you're a silly people, don't be silly, people.

Counter Assault is quick and easy backrow negation. Nothing I can really add to that, it's just good.

Amaterasu can be involved in some ridiculous burn numbers. With how consistent chacha are, you can easily throw 5900 effect damage on board, which you can bump up to 7900(!) if you had Arc Pylon on board at the time. You could Sparks your opponent to death at that point, and you can pull this off on your first turn with the right opening. Maybe make her a 3-mat to make her harder to pull off?

Adzali is decent. Not good, not bad, but it works well for its archetype. You have to be running the Achachaka build for it to profit for you, but given how consistent the Deck is you don't need to stretch very far.

Anubis is a walking draw engine for Achachaka that's kinda difficult to kill. Not much to say.

Chesed just exemplifies my point about consistency. You recoup resources like nobody's business, on a regular old soft OPT. Also, it can Frightfur Tiger your opponent during the Battle Phase which is cool.

Chigiri is best friends with Amaterasu. They just . . . either you burn, destroy, burn, or you destroy, burn, destroy, on am an OPT. They work extremely well together, so the synergy is pretty damned amazing.

Chisel is just kinda meh, if I'm honest. Yeah, it's revenge destruction, but there's a lot of NDR in the AGM, so really that effect might not proc as often as you might want it to, and the draw is honestly easier to trigger on Anubis.

Acheron makes for a pretty solid final boss, especially considering its ease of Summon. Also, that clause you're going for is "this monster is also always treated as FIRE-Attribute". Destruction and burn, gives you back Xyz (and only Xyz) . . . It lets you bring out another one, infinitely (especially with Wonder Xyz).

Archived