Some Main Deck Gladiator Beast Tamers so 25% of the Glad Deck doesn't have to be Prisma or cards searching Prisma.

Eshai

So if not many of you know the atrocities that have damned Gladiator Beasts, here this: 

Elemental HERO Prisma x3

E - Emergency Call x3

A Hero Lives x3

Reinforcements of the Army x1

It looks like the start of a HERO Deck, and if you really know your stuff probably the beginning of Rainbow Neos, but you'd be wrong. These are cards put in Gladiator Beasts just to start your plays. This is because of Test Tiger mostly. You Foolish Burial a Glad, you Special Summon Test Tiger, Tribute Test Tiger, Special Summon a Gladiator Beast Bestiari from your Deck, destroy a Spell/Trap your opponent controls, go for Gyzarus, and destroy 2 cards your opponent controls.

Great play, but screw that.

The fact you can't run pure Glads really bothers me. I saw a post awhile back that had 40 something Gladiator Beasts, and after having been through playing the Deck like I have been, trying to get the support to work, I've had enough. The plan is obvious. Make a couple Gladiator Beast Tamers that give the Deck some essential playmakers, make them all Beast-Warriors so they can be searched by Tenki and Proving Grounds, and give them the support they deserve. LET'S DO THIS.

Gladiator Beast Tamer Vestigous

DARK | Level 4 | Beast-Warrior/Effect | 1600 ATK/2000 DEF

If this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" card: You can send 1 "Gladiator Beast" from your Deck to the GY; this card's name and Level becomes the sent monster's until the end of your next turn. If this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Tamer Vestigous".

Obvious is obvious. It's a Gladiator Beast Prisma that can be searched by Proving Grounds and Tenki. It also brings in a slightly altered version of the Gladiator Beast effect. It can be Normal Summoned to use its effect, and it can be Special Summoned by Gladiator Beast Spells and Traps to get its effects. This should be enough for Test Tiger to be more consistent while keeping the consistency of the Deck to its own archetype.

Gladiator Beast Tamer Prestigious

DARK | Level 4 | Beast-Warrior/Effect | 1800 ATK/1200 DEF

If this card is Normal Summoned or Special Summoned by the effect of a "Gladiator Beast" card: You can return 1 other Gladiator Beast monster from your hand or side of the field to your Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck. If this card attacked or was attacked: You can shuffle it into the Deck; Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck, except "Gladiator Beast Tamer Prestigious".

It's a bit cheap for its condition, but if it was pulling from the field there wouldn't be much of a point since you exchange them out anyway at the end of the Battle Phase. 

Gladiator Beast Tamer Trade

Quick-Play Spell

Switch control of one "Gladiator Beast" monster you control with a monster your opponent controls. At the end of the turn player's Battle Phase, if one of those monsters battled: You can banish this card; return both of those monsters from the field or GY to the Deck to Special Summon 1 "Gladiator Beast" monster from your Deck in Defense Position.

Further referencing the fact that these cards are literally Pokemon. They literally have the switching mechanic that comes from the campaign of the game, where after you defeat a Pokemon you can switch it out for another Pokemon. They're also animals fighting in arenas, apparently forced by their keepers. This also promotes a kind of play that can lead to some interesting situations, which I like out of cards.

They could also use a Field Spell, but that may be a bit too much. I think this is fine for what it is, and for how long it took me (like 30 minutes. Seriously Konami wtf.) Hope to hear your thoughts, since I like it when Konami supports something that hasn't been competitive in a long time, hasn't ever been competitive, or wasn't even supposed to be a archetype in the first place.

Archived