Holyght archetype

OLDschoolBroZ

The Holyght archetype is a Ritual based archetype that focuses on Ritual summoning LIGHT Ritual Dragon Type monsters.

Every non-Ritual monster shares an effect that allows you to do different things in the graveyard when they are tributed for a LIGHT Ritual Dragon Type monster and they all have 200 ATK more than DEF. The Holyght Ritual monsters are all LIGHT Dragon Types (how obvious) while having 400 DEF more than ATK and providing control and disruption with their effects. Holyght Ritual Spells let you tribute from your deck and the other Spell/Traps support the deck with speed and momentum.

The idea behind the Holyght archetype is that they are a Volk of people that prey on Dragons to protect them from all bad things, those Dragons show up at desprate times and help the Volk in exchange for Offerings. (like a religon of some sorts).

Main Monsters:

d6ba3d2a40e99b944cebbf8f002d0adf.png
https://gyazo.com/d6ba3d2a40e99b944cebbf8f002d0adf

Holyght Apprentice Gorg

LIGHT

Lvl: 1

[Fairy/Effect]

If this card is Normal or Special summoned: You can add 1 Ritual Spell card from your deck to your hand. If this card is tributed for the Ritual summon of a LIGHT Ritual Dragon-Type monster and sent to the GY: Draw 1 card. You can only use each effects of "Holyght Apprentice Gorg" once per turn.

ATK:500 DEF:700

d349c157f5a1c1a6f90a5e6a83d0354e.png
https://gyazo.com/d349c157f5a1c1a6f90a5e6a83d0354e

Holyght Priestess Venka

LIGHT

Lvl:2

[spellcaster/Effect]

If your opponent activates a card effect that targets a "Holyght" Ritual monster(s) you control while this card is in your GY: (Quick Effect), you can special summon this card from your GY in face-up defense position, but banish it when it leaves the field, then negate the activation and if you do gain 800LP. You can only use the effects of "Holyght Priestess Venka" once per turn.

ATK:800 DEF:1000

bf3f518466f589379ee742fe83c7f534.png
https://gyazo.com/bf3f518466f589379ee742fe83c7f534

Holyght Servant Bea'Strix

LIGHT

Lvl:3

[Fairy/Effect]

If this card was tributed for a Ritual summon of a LIGHT Ritual Dragon Type monster and sent to the GY you can banish this card from your GY: During either players battle phase you can make 1 LIGHT Ritual Dragon Type monster gain 1200 ATK untill the end of this battle phase. You can only use this effect of "Holyght Servant Bea'Strix" once per turn.

ATK:1000 DEF:1200

66775b820f86d855be86236f6e413dac.png
https://gyazo.com/66775b820f86d855be86236f6e413dac

Holyght Warrior Vreya

LIGHT

Lvl:4

[Warrior/Effect]

If this card was tributed for a Ritual summon of a LIGHT Ritual Dragon Type monster and sent to the GY you can banish this card from your GY: Target 1 LIGHT monster you control it gains this effect:
⏺This card can attack twice during each battle phase.
You can only use this effect of "Holyght Warrior Vreya" once per turn.

ATK:1700 DEF:1900

f840ddf6163e7fa299b4d8e6e7c9f2b2.png
https://gyazo.com/f840ddf6163e7fa299b4d8e6e7c9f2b2

Holyght Griffin The Loyal

LIGHT

Lvl:4

[Winged-Beast/Effect]

If this card was tributed for a Ritual summon of a LIGHT Ritual Dragon Type monster and sent to the GY: You can special summon this card from your GY. While this card is on the field all LIGHT monsters you control gain 200 ATK. You can only use the effects of "Holyght's Pet the Griffin" once per turn.

ATK:1600 DEF:1800

Ritual Monsters:

328f3be9210e6b0c2b372fa1e508d93f.png
https://gyazo.com/328f3be9210e6b0c2b372fa1e508d93f

Holyght Calyuk the Fierce

LIGHT

Lvl:5

[Dragon/Ritual/Effect]

You can only Ritual summon this card with "Holyght" Ritual Spell cards. When this card is summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and change it to face-down defense position. If this Ritual summoned card is on the field while your opponent activates a card effect: During either players turn, you can shuffle both this card and that card back into their owners deck if you do, gain 1000LP.

ATK:1900 DEF:2300

49108af581a218568337e8a1ff971ebc.png
https://gyazo.com/49108af581a218568337e8a1ff971ebc

Holyght Ragor the Brave

LIGHT

Lvl:6

[Dragon/Ritual/Effect]

You can only Ritual summon this card with "Holyght" Ritual Spell cards. When this card is first summoned: You can look at the top 3 cards of your deck, add 1 of them to your hand and shuffle the rest back into the deck. If this Ritual summoned card is destroyed by either battle or card effect and sent to the GY: While this card is in your GY, when your opponent would special summon a monster you can special summon this card from your GY and draw 1 card. You can only activate the effects of "Holyght Ragor the Brave" once per turn.

ATK:2200 DEF:2600

26fc35f38104f09455f659f41e9393fb.png
https://gyazo.com/26fc35f38104f09455f659f41e9393fb

Holyght Satros the Praised

LIGHT

Lvl:8

[Dragon/Ritual/Effect]

You can only Ritual summon this card with "Holyght" Ritual Spell cards. Once during either players turn: You can target 1 face-up card on the field and send it on top of the owners deck. While this Ritual summoned card is on the field during either players main phase, your opponent cannot destroy LIGHT monsters you control with card effects. You can only control 1"Holyght Satros the Praised" at the same time.

ATK:2800 DEF:3200

f71075b63dba5b143ccb4aec907600ce.png
https://gyazo.com/f71075b63dba5b143ccb4aec907600ce

Holyght Galagia the First

LIGHT

Lvl:10

[Dragon/Ritual/Effect]

Can only be Ritual summoned with "The Holyght Tomb of Offerings". While this Ritual summoned card is on the field: Return all monsters your opponent controls to their owners hand during the end phase of each turn ,even if this card leaves the field. This card cannot be destroyed or tributed except by battle with an opponents attacking monster. If this card attacks an opponents monster it gains 800 ATK during the damage calculation only. You can only control 1"Holyght Galagia the First" per turn.

ATK:3000 DEF:3400

Spell/Trap:

3894f345e02740243826b5a0fd7b14d4.png
https://gyazo.com/3894f345e02740243826b5a0fd7b14d4

The Holyght Sky Temple of Hope

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual summon "Holyght" monsters. You must also Tribute LIGHT monsters from the field or directly from your deck whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual monster you are Ritual summoning. Once per turn: If this card is in your GY you can shuffle this card back into your deck: You can either add 1 LIGHT monster from your GY to your hand or 1 other "Holyght" Ritual Spell card from your deck to your hand.

a1efa70cbc52bc716a24975b57f0f26e.png
https://gyazo.com/a1efa70cbc52bc716a24975b57f0f26e

The Holyght Temple of Vain

Ritual Spell

This card can be used to Ritual summon "Holyght" monsters. You must also Tribute LIGHT monsters from your hand or directly from your deck whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual monster you are Ritual summoning. Once per turn: If this card is in your GY you can shuffle this card back into your deck to then add 1 LIGHT Ritual monster from your deck to your hand.

b6f268d2427154f4c66484a46000c9e4.png
https://gyazo.com/b6f268d2427154f4c66484a46000c9e4

The Holyght Tomb of Offerings

Ritual

This card can be used to Ritual summon "Holyght" Ritual monsters and "Holyght Galagia the First". You must also banish at least 2 Ritual LIGHT Dragon Type monsters directly from your deck whose Levels are different from each other. Once per turn: If this card is in your GY you can shuffle this card back into your deck to draw 1 crard. You can only use 1 "The Holyght Tomb of Offerings" per turn.

a85c1b265bcef0abd4d6a98855944073.png
https://gyazo.com/a85c1b265bcef0abd4d6a98855944073

The Holyght Retruns strong

Quick Spell

Target 1 Ritual "Holyght" monster in your GY and Special summon it, that monster has its effects negated and is returned to the owners hand during the end phase. You can only use 1 "The Holyght Retruns strong" per turn.

42719467f2699975ffd1ec64f5342b58.png
https://gyazo.com/42719467f2699975ffd1ec64f5342b58

The Renewel of the Holyght

Normal Spell

Target 3 "Holyght" monsters in your GY, add 1 of the targeted cards to your hand and shuffle the rest back into your deck, then draw 1 card. If you Ritual summon a LIGHT monster: You can banish this card from your GY if you do, select 1 card in your deck and place it on top of the deck. You can only use 1 "The Renewel of the Holyght" per turn.

b2dcb830e2eb6763cea5ff450f85c89a.png
https://gyazo.com/b2dcb830e2eb6763cea5ff450f85c89a

The Secret Holyght Temple

Normal Trap

You can Ritual summon "Holyght" monsters from your hand or GY ignoring their summoning conditions except "Holyght Galagia the First" by banishing LIGHT monsters from your side of the field or GY whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual monster you are summoning. During either players turn, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY to target 1 LIGHT Ritual monster you control, it cannot be targeted by other card effects until the end of this turn. You can only use 1 "The Secret Holyght Temple" per turn.

c290cd9631b43235a5364d402df90182.png
https://gyazo.com/c290cd9631b43235a5364d402df90182

The Holyght's Pride

Counter Trap

While you control LIGHT monsters and your opponent activates a monster or card effect, negate the activation and destroy that card if you do banish 1 LIGHT monster from your GY and pay 400 LP. You can only use 1 "The Holyght's Pride" per turn.

Let me know if there is something to improve or change up.

Ok, so, I'm new here, but I'll give you my opinion anyway.

I really like the concept of the Archetype, and I've always been a fan of Ritual Summoning. Also, I love the pictures.

At a first impression, this deck looks too overpowered. Maybe it's because the Ritual Spells can Ritual Summon by milling monsters? I'll analyze each card.

Holyght Apprentice Gorg

Searches a Ritual Spell. An in-archetype Sonic Bird? Fair enough. If used for a Ritual, draw 1 card. Good way of recovering for a Ritual Summon, except you'll be milling this monster, so it's a free card.

Holyght Priestess Venka

Summons from the GY when a Ritual is targeted, negate and gain 800 LP. Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with a Protection card. The recovering Life Points is unnecessary, I think.

Holyght Servant Bea'Strix

If used for a Ritual, a Ritual gains 1200 ATK this turn. Definitely underpowered, if compared to the rest of the Archetype. But if the Ritual Spells keep milling for the Ritual Summon, I think this should be the standard for effects.

Holyght Warrior Vreya

If used for a Ritual: a Light monster can attack twice. Same thing as Bea'Strix. Also, I think this card could lead to interesting OTKs.

If used for a Ritual: Special Summons itself. Boosts every LIGHT by 200 ATK. This explains why the milling-for-Ritual is op: for example, you use a Ritual Spell, summon  the level 5 Calyuk using Griffin and Gorg. Now you have a strong Ritual monster, a level 4 monster with 1600 ATK for XYZ plays, then you draw 1 card. Or you could use Vreya, and Calyuk attacks twice. There's potential. Also, there's a mistake at the end, because it says "Holyght's Pet the Griffin"?

When Summoned: Book of Moon. Quick Effect, when a card effect, shuffle this card and gain 1000 LP. Same as Venka, the LP thing is not something important, but it adds flavour to the card. The Book of Moon effect is original. Also, notice this card doesn't negate, so the card effect will resolve anyway (kinda like when you MST a Spell, you know).

Holyght Ragor the Brave

When Ritual Summoned: Pot of Duality without restrictions. Once, when your opponent Special Summons, Special Summons itself from the GY, then draw 1 card. I really like the searching part, since it's basically once per duel - unless you Ritual Summon more of these. I also like the way it revives itself, which is specific but not too inconsistent. The Draw part makes it very, very strong.

Quick Effect: target and send it to the top of the deck. Continuous Effect: protection from destruction for all LIGHT monsters during Main Phases. Why is it during Main Phases only? Protection from destruction is good, but it isn't "unaffected by other card effects", so you could make it a full-time effect. The Quick Effect is just really powerful, since it doesn't require costs.

Specific Ritual Spell card. Continuous Effect and beyond leaving the field: return your opponent's monsters in the hand during End Phases. Cannot be destroyed by card effects. Gains 800 ATK if attacks. Woah. Nice Boss monster we have here. Decent protection, has 3800 ATK if attacks, and an op effect that works even after it leaves the field. Well, it shouldn't work after it leaves the field. Just think if someone has a good hand and is able to Summon this first turn.

The Holyght Sky Temple of Hope

(Ritual Spell effect). If in the GY, you can shuffle it and search a Ritual Spell/ add a LIGHT monster from the GY. I have nothing to say about this card, except that IMO is overpowered. You draw it, you mill monsters, (activate their effects), Summon a Ritual, THEN search a Ritual Spell from this Archetype or a generic LIGHT monster from the GY. I mean. Ok.

The Holyght Temple of Vain

(Ritual Spell effect). If in the GY, you can shuffle it and search a Ritual Monster. The counterpart of Sky Temple of Hope, just for Ritual monsters. I wonder if having both a Ritual Spell and a Ritual monster in the hand first turn will be a difficult task. Maybe not, with 3 copies of Manju.

Ritual every Holyght and Galagia. Works by banishing Rituals from the deck. If in the GY, you can shuffle it to draw 1 card. The card doesn't say "whose total Levels equal the Level of the Ritual monster" because that will limit the Ritual monster it could Summon at... 0. I think this card doesn't follow the rules of Ritual Summoning. It might be a Normal Spell and treat it as a Ritual Summon. Also, free draw.

The Holyght Retruns strong

Special Summon a Ritual from the GY, effect negated and returns it to the hand during the End Phase. I think you misspelled "Returns" or is it a word I don't know? This is definitely good, especially because you can Summon a Ritual during your opponent's turn, then Ritual Summon it next turn.

The Renewel of the Holyght

3 Holyght from GY: add 1 to the hand, shuffle the other 2, draw 1 card. If you Ritual Summon, select one card and place it on top of the deck. Recovering cards have never been that strong. Pot of Avarice is banned, Jar of Avarice is slow and you draw 1 card from 5 (but is generic). Even Yang Zing Path doesn't allow you to recycle your monsters that good. Also, the banished effect isn't much, but adds something.

Ritual Summon from hand or GY by banishing monsters from field or GY. Quick Effect, banish it from GY to protect a Ritual from targeting this turn. The protection effect is decent, but if your opponent activates a card and target it, chaining this card will be useless, so I'd change it to "is unaffected by your opponent's cards" to match the protection level of N 81 Dora. The Ritual Summon from a Trap is original, and the way it Summons is fair, instead of milling.

The Holyght's Pride

Negate a card, destroy it, banish a LIGHT from your GY and pay 400 LP. Warning: generic LIGHT Counter Trap. I can already see Counter Fairy running 3 copies of this. Btw, the effect is really good and balanced, if it were for this Archetype only (kinda like Nine Pillars). The cost of banishing is fine, but I don't see why you should also pay some Life Points. Couldn't it be "banish a LIGHT Dragon-Type Ritual monster" without any payment? Also, since it resolves after the negation, it's not a real cost: if you don't have any monster to banish, the card will work anyway. 

I said what I thought. I haven't corrected the OCG, because I make mistakes too. 

The Archetype looks fine, but I would put those Ritual Spells on the banlist :D

I think that you could add a monster that mills other monsters (but not generic LIGHT, otherwise Lightsworns will abuse it) and make every Ritual Spell works by tributing stuff from field or hand/banish from GY, so you could activate the effects of the Main Deck Monsters only if they weren't in the GY.

Hey and first of all thanks for your reply

So the gain LP effect of  Holyght Priestess Venka IS unnecessary ​I just added it because lols hha

Holyght Servant Bea'Strix ​I see why one would think its underpowered but it acts more like a tool to scare off your opponent meaning he would thinks twice about attacking you, knowing that Bea`Strix is in your GY. Also I didn`t wanna make another Honest.

Yeah I know that this card is quite strong and its meant to be. Also I decided to change the name from Holyght's Pet the Griffin to Griffin the Loyal and I must have forgotten to change the end clause.

I know that he doesn`t negate but you would use him just like you would use Ghost ogre but it doesn`t destroy so therefor no GY effects.

Now I have been thinking a lot about his effect so that it wouldn`t be too OP the first time it actually was full time but then there is the problem that he doesn`t just protect himself he protects every LIGHT you control and that made it even better than Masterpiece (and we all know how difficult it is to shutdown master). I then added this Quick effect and made it so that it protects during main phases only. And as you said the Quick effect is very strong by itself (just a better version of Drident`s).

First things first, I wanted to make sure that he doesn`t just gets kaiju`d like every other card. Secondly I made a mistake with the return to hand part and it shouldn`t work after it leaves the field.

Its obvious that you play 3 manjus in this hha

Yeah misspelled there sorry

yeah I made this card pretty late and didn`t look over it I am going to change it. thanks though

​Im am probably going to change it to unaffected.

The Holyght's Pride

OH MY... my bad didn`t pay attention I thought it would be good to give LIGHT monsters more protection in form of negation but know I think I`ll lock it only for Holyght Thanks for that one.

Thanks overall I will look over my cards again and change things up.

Also its your opinion and I have to agree.

Archived