Plagued Archetype Monsters ( Concepts Part 2 )

Ultimagamer

This is a follow up to my original post regarding the concept of "Virus" support, this is only the monsters I have come up with so far, spell and traps are on their way. Please give your thoughts on what you think

Plagued Highwayman

Dark / Warrior / Level 4 / 0 attack / 0 defense

Once per turn you can reveal 1 “Virus” card in your hand that lists an attack or defense value. This card’s attack or defense becomes that value. If this card is tributed by the effect of a “Virus” card, you can add 1 level 4 or lower “Plagued” monster from your deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of “Plagued Highwayman” once per turn.

Plagued Pork

Dark / Beast / Level 2 / 0 attack / 0 defense

Once per turn you can reveal 1 “Virus” card in your hand that lists an attack or defense value. This card’s attack or defense becomes that value. You can discard this card, send 1 “Virus” trap card from your deck to your graveyard. If this card is tributed by the effect of a “Virus” card, you can set 1 “Virus” trap card from your deck to your side of the field. You can only use each effect of “Plagued Pork” once per turn.

Plagued Hag

Dark / Spellcaster / Level 4 / 0 attack / 0 defense

Once per turn you can reveal 1 “Virus” card in your hand that lists an attack or defense value. This card’s attack or defense becomes that value. Once per turn you can special summon this card from your hand or graveyard if you control a face-up “Plagued” monster. If this card is tributed by the effect of a “Virus” card you can target up to 3 “Virus” cards in your graveyard, shuffle them into the deck. You can only use each effect of “Plagued Hag” once per turn.

Plagued Leper

Dark / Zombie / Level 4 / 0 attack / 0 defense

Once per turn you can reveal 1 “Virus” card in your hand that lists an attack or defense value. This card’s attack or defense becomes that value. You can discard a “Virus” card, draw 2 cards. If this card is tributed by the effect of a “Virus” card, you can target 1 “Virus” card in your graveyard, add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of “Plagued Leper” once per turn.

Plagued Soul - Eternal Wanderer

Dark / Warrior / Level 10 / 3000 attack / 3000 defense

Fusion materials - 3 “Virus” Trap cards

Must first be summoned by banishing the required materials from your field or graveyard ( You do not use polymerization ) This card cannot be tributed, except for the effect of a “Virus” card. If this card is tributed, you can special summon this card from your graveyard. You can activate “Virus” trap cards from your hand during either players turn. Once per turn, you can add 1 “Virus” trap from your deck or graveyard to your hand. If this card leaves the field by another card’s effect or is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can target 3 banished “Virus” trap cards, shuffle them into the deck then draw 2 cards. You can only control 1 “Plagued Soul - Eternal Wanderer”.

well we already done with Highwayman...

Pork: that last effect is good, immediately replace your traps after you off with another. potentially dodging the lost if somehow the the trap that tribute this card is negated. second effect is nice to, setting of your graves for the other card effect.

Hag: woah a consistent instant Rank 4 enabler that can use its effect in GY? yeah really good. recycle effect is nice but IF NOT because of the presence of leper:

you could further modify it to Jar of Avarice kind of recycle (having a draw) since its already specific enough and bound by HOPT. we want those trap backs so we can play it again. not clogging your advantage. also also, you can include its own archetype to be recycled......

welp...this granny is already good with the summon effect. so i guess you can let my suggestion slide. win-moar nit-pick

Leper: draw effect is good. as for the tribute effect. i think it should added with restriction so it cannot add the same (named) virus card that tribute this guy since it can create continuous one-sided advantage in the favorable match-up.

Soul-Wanderer: well it can activate all Virus other than CCV without hassle. the rest of the effect is soo OOT and worrying..a boss for sure, but the sudden advantage he bring to the table is too much. easy to summon, cannot be kaiju-ed, float on virus tribute to further oppress your opponent, Opabinia for Viruses is crazy, a search?!, and float?!!

some of his effect is better of be distributed among your other non-bosses to replace their effect

Hag: woah a consistent instant Rank 4 enabler that can use its effect in GY? yeah really good. recycle effect is nice but IF NOT because of the presence of leper:

you could further modify it to Jar of Avarice kind of recycle (having a draw) since its already specific enough and bound by HOPT. we want those trap backs so we can play it again. not clogging your advantage. also also, you can include its own archetype to be recycled......

Leper: draw effect is good. as for the tribute effect. i think it should added with restriction so it cannot add the same (named) virus card that tribute this guy since it can create continuous one-sided advantage in the favorable match-up.

Soul-Wanderer: well it can activate all Virus other than CCV without hassle. the rest of the effect is soo OOT and worrying..a boss for sure, but the sudden advantage he bring to the table is too much. easy to summon, cannot be kaiju-ed, float on virus tribute to further oppress your opponent, Opabinia for Viruses is crazy, a search?!, and float?!!

some of his effect is better of be distributed among your other non-bosses to replace their effect

Hag: the recycle was sort of inspired from super quant blue layer. I could definitely see adding some sort of draw power to the card, so you don't lose advantage from having them sent back 

Plagued Hag 

Level 4 / Spellcaster / Dark / 0 attack / 0 defense 

Once per turn, you can reveal 1 "Virus" card in your hand that lists an attack or defense value. This card's attack or defense becomes that value. Once per turn you can special summon this card from your hand or graveyard if you control a face-up "Plagued" monster. If this card is tributed by the effect of a "Virus" card you can target 2 or more "Virus" cards in your graveyard, shuffle them into the deck, then draw 2 cards. You can only use each effect of "Plagued Hag" once per turn

Leper: I can see what you mean about being able to recycle the same cards, I shall add that in 

Plagued Leper 

Level 4 / Zombie / Dark / 0 attack / 0 defense 

Once per turn, you can reveal 1 "Virus" card in your hand that lists an attack or defense value. This card's attack or defense becomes that value. You can discard 1 "Virus" card, draw 2 cards. If this card is tributed by the effect of a "Virus" card, you can target 1 "Virus" card in your graveyard with a different name than the one that tributed this card, add it to your hand. You can only use each effect of "Plagued Leper" once per turn

Eternal Wanderer: admittedly, I made this guy overpowered. I wanted to showcase what the potential for Viruses would be, that being having them be able to activate them from the hand with high recycling. This was too good though. The intent of tributing prevention was to stop any potential use elsewhere, but being able to prevent kaijus is too strong. The shuffling and draw effect is what hag should have been ( Revised above ) and the opabinia comparison is rather interesting. I could definitely see removing the ability to activate traps from the hand and move it to an archetypal spell or trap

Plagued Soul - Eternal Wanderer 

Level 10 / Fusion / Warrior / Dark / 3000 attack / 3000 defense 

Fusion Materials - 3 "Virus" Trap cards 

Must first be summoned by banishing the required materials from your field or graveyard ( you do not use "Polymerization" ). This card cannot be tributed for a card effect, except for the effect of a "Virus" trap card. The first time each turn that this card is tributed, you can special summon this card from your graveyard. Once per turn you can add 1 "Virus" trap card from your deck or graveyard to your hand, If this card leaves the field by another card's effect or is destroyed by battle and sent to the graveyard, you can target up to 3 of your banished "Virus" trap cards, set them to your field. You can only control 1 "Plagued Soul - Eternal Wanderer". 

Archived