Anime Arcana Force Retrains but can switch from their Heads and Tails effects

Eshai

I've seen quite a bit of Arcana Force stuff recently and decided to take the old 20 minute crack at it. I don't guarantee these are well designed, but after some editing and advice from you, they should be set. The main idea is to give them high-level Special Summon tools so that they could potentially become Chaos oriented, as well as abilities that can give a lot of value over time if you use your cards right.

Arcana Force XV - The Fiend

LIGHT - Level 7 - Fairy/Effect - 2500 ATK/2500 DEF

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 “Arcana Force” monsters from your GY. When this card is Summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effects.

● Heads: This card must attack, if able. If this attacking card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, after damage calculation: It can make a second attack in a row. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card attacked or was attacked: You can treat this card’s effect as the opposite coin toss result.

● Tails: Once per turn: You can add 1 “Arcana Force” monster from your Deck to your hand, except “Arcana Force XV - The Fiend”, and if you do, treat this card’s effect as the opposite coin toss.

Badass in the anime but toned down a bit so that you can get more out of it. Not much of a difference which side you roll, since enabling each of the effects switches them from one to another, which is the point. If I ever do a coin toss archetype, it'll be something along these lines.

Arcana Force XII - The Hangman

LIGHT - Level 6 - Fairy/Effect - 2000 ATK/2200 DEF

At the start of your Standby Phase, if you control a “Arcana Force” monsters: You can banish 1 LIGHT monster from your hand or GY to Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. You can only control 1 "Arcana Force XII - The Hangman". When this card is Summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effects.

●Heads: Once per turn: You can send 1 “Arcana Force” monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, treat this card’s effect as the opposite coin toss result.

During your End Phase, Destroy 1 face-up monster you control and you take damage equal to its ATK.
●Tails: Once per turn, during the End Phase, destroy this card and 1 card your opponent controls.

Consistent continuous heavy utility advantage. Figured this might be nice, especially with the other effects. Your opponent can play around this however since you have to control a "Arcana Force" monster. Won't always be spectacular, but its a great card just to have.

Arcana Force XIII - The Strength

LIGHT - Level 5 - Fairy/Effect - 1800 ATK/1600 DEF

You can banish 1 “Arcana Force” monster from your GY to Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned: Toss a coin and gain the appropriate effects.

●Heads: During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can switch control of this card with 1 monster your opponent controls, and if you do, treat this card’s effect as the opposite coin toss result. This effect of “Arcana Force XIII - The Strength” can only be used once per turn.
●Tails: This card gains 800 ATK. If this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the GY, treat this card’s effect as the opposite coin toss.

Because Moon was funny to begin with. Arcana Force - The Moon would do something similar to this, but never gave anything back to you for being switched to your opponent's side of the field (nothing relevant at least). This is what was cool about that personified. Both players can utilize it, and both players can get punished for using it. Might buff the Tails effect a bit, but for now, I think it's fine, considering Quick-Play Creature Swap is always nuts

If any of you thinks that - ZA WORUDO needs better tribute fodder, these could technically be used for that, but Idk if that's manageable (although I've underestimated Yugioh Players before and that has never gone well).

Comment your thoughts because I can be stupid sometimes (Tbh I probably am. I can see a lot of things that might just be straight up nuts here.)

I've made Arcana Force cards recently, filling the missing Tarots. I see you've changed some Anime cards.

Just because of flavour, I'd like to point out Arcana Force monsters have equal ATK and DEF which is their respective number +1000 (for example, Magician is the number I, 1, so it has 1100 ATK/DEF; and The World has 3100 ATK/DEF because its the XXI, 21. You may want to change your Strenght and Hunged Man just to follow Arcana Force rules.

I kinda don't like the changing-toss effect, it looks so different from other Arcana Forces. I mean, they would become easier to use and less luck-based, but that's not the spirit of Arcanas or Tarots in general. Light Barrier and Reversal of Fate already helps unlucky duels.

The Fiend used to be a target/destruction/burn when attacked if Heads, and a Dark Hole if Tails. Now it's a Special Summonable monster, which is great, and a double attacking monster. Then you can change it to Tails, and it becomes a searcher. They need a searcher, ok, but you've already had 2 monsters in the GY to Summon this, so it's not the best searcher in the game. It's balanced, I guess.

The Hanged Man became The Hangman (censoring?) was one of the few Arcana monsters that like to get the Tails effect: a target/destruction/massive burn during the end of the turn. Now it's super easy to Summon, and it mills an Arcana to get the Tails effect (autodestruction). Well, it's good because it can be Summoned from the GY as well. I can see why you should get the Heads effect - getting resources to Summon this the next turn - but getting the "bad" effect is almost impossible. I don't know, I feel like Arcanas should be always a 50% risk.

The (anime) Strenght is perfect to explain why Arcanas are all about taking risks (or using Light Barrier): gain control, or give a monster. Of course, it was a Level 5 monster that had to be Tributed Summon, but I guess it would've been fun to use.

Now, it's a crazy card. I'd definitely use it. As you said, it's a Quick Effect Creature Swap (but you'll always switch control of Strenght, so your opponent can't give you a Token or something) that becomes a 2600 ATK monster until it destroys a monster. I'm not sure if the hard OPT assures your opponent can't use it too during the same Main Phase, canceling the effect of Strenght immediately.

I'm sorry, but right now I don't have much time; I'll probably come back.

That's the problem: Luck in a card game. You're already taking chances when you draw cards, so there isn't much of a point of giving them luck based effects (especially coin toss ones when Tarot doesn't coin toss). Prophecy realized this and then upgraded the artwork 10 fold. Taking risks as big as Chariot, giving your opponent the monster you just summoned, isn't ever going to see play. The best part about the Deck is The World, which Turn skips.

Fiend is to continue plays rather than to get your plays off on first turn. 

Hangman (the name sounds cooler and they censored Fiend too so why not). The problem with 50/50 is that in order to make the Deck playable you have to keep making 50/50 choices. This is why the Field Spell literally says: "50/50 do what you want."

Strength was the coolest thing. Hard OPT is so you can't use 2 on the board for some probably unbalanced and hectic situations, because having a "you can only control 1" clause doesn't quite work in this scenario.

These cards were more to test what I could do with coin tossing to make it more interesting. I'm pretty satisfied with knowing I can switch their effects up, so I might make a Deck around cards that can do that because it's cool.

Anyway advice for you: Don't abide to the spirit of an archetype that you're giving more thought than the designers on what they should do.  Either way though these cards essentially say "you can change your fate" which I really liked metaphorically.

Archived