Master Calamity, the True Dracoslaying Beast (OVERSCALE PENDULUM)

ABC Gun

Artwork for this card done by https://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=7933148 please support them when you can

t4rGdHx.jpg
​Pendulum Zone: Activate this card by sending 2 face-up cards you control to the GY (2 Wyrm monsters and/or Continuous Spells or Traps). When this card is activated: Declare 1 original card type of any of the cards sent to the GY to activate this card (Monster, Spell, or Trap); until the next End Phase after this card's activation, neither player can activate cards or effects of that card type.
Monster Zone: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Pendulum Summoned. To Pendulum Summon this card, you must first send 3 face-up cards you control to the GY (3 Wyrm monsters and/or Continuous Spells or Traps) while you control 2 cards in your Pendulum Zone, ignoring their Pendulum Scales. You can only control 1 "Master Calamity, the True Dracoslaying Beast". When this card is Pendulum Summoned: Declare up to 2 original card types (Monster, Spell, or Trap) of any of the cards sent to the GY by this Pendulum Summon; until the next End Phase after this effect's activation, this card is unaffected by activated cards/effects of the declared card types. Once while you control this Pendulum Summoned card, at the start of your Main Phase 1: You can banish 2 Wyrm monsters and/or Continuous Spells/Traps in your GY, then declare 1 Attribute; destroy all other face-up monsters on the field with that Attribute. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

​Well just in case True Dracos didn't need more reasons to get hit on the banlist, more than they already did. I just gave them about 11 more reasons to do so (get it because its Level 11). This card serves as throwback amalgamation of the Dracoverlords, Amorphages, and the True Dracos in the form of an Overscale Pendulum Monster that is specifically the combination of Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King and True King of all Calamities with the stats (minus monster type and Pendulum) of Sofia, Goddess of Rebirth. Its Overscale Pendulum condition and Pendulum Effect activation are very similar to Master Peace's Tribute Summon condition, but without Tributing and this card needs Wyrm monsters instead of any monster. I gave it a Pendulum Scale of 10 as to avoid the effects of the Level 9 True Kings so all you have to do is use another Pendulum Monster with a Pendulum Scale of 8 or less and you could make the few generic Rank 9 Xyz Monsters with relative ease. Both its Pendulum Effect and Monster Effect can slow an opponent's down for 3 turns based on the types of cards used to activate it or Pendulum Summon it. Its best effect is a combination of Master Peace and True King of all Calamities; it banishes 2 cards to declare 1 Attribute, then nuke all face-up monsters on the field of that Attribute. This card needs it own Deck based around it, so you can have lots of fun making deadly combos with it and going nuts in the process.

No.

That pendulum effect is completely ridiculous. Absolutely not. You're putting down an unstoppable floodgate that completely shuts down an opponent from playing, at what point did you think this was fair or even remotely balanced? Getting this out with monster and spell makes it practically impossible for any deck to remotely remove; trap cards are almost never used for generic removal, and the options for doing so, that are actually good and that people will run, are painfully slim.

I don't understand what you're trying to do with the monster effect and summoning. Have you seen a True Draco deck play? Like, do you actually know how that deck operates? Because it's not a Pendulum deck, I can tell you that, and "Dracoslayer" isn't a deck in itself, which gives this really no place it fits in. You also neglected to give it any sort of niche, since the style of monster is essentially just a rip-off of Metaltron XII styled slightly differently.

You also completely miss the mark on flavor, considering I have no idea what kind of monster this is supposed to be in its lore. Is it Calamity? But Calamity is a True King monster, how does it fit with True Dracos? Is it supposed to work with True Kings? Where does it come in? Its artwork is also completely mismatched with the aesthetic of either the True Kings or with True Dracos.

Finally, your Card Text grammar is terrible. There's very little in this card text that's actually correct, and you obviously didn't spend any time trying to figure out how it should be properly worded.

This entire card is lazy, and ranges from stupidly overpowered to just plain boring in what it does. You also went right out and said "Well just in case True Dracos didn't need more reasons to get hit on the banlist, more than they already did." Nobody here should be designing cards with the intention of giving things reasons to be banned, you're basically telling me that you know full well your sense of balance is completely out the window.

Nothing about your cards suggest that you're actually trying to improve as a designer, and this stands as probably one of your worst. This needs to be taken back to the drawing board.

No.

That pendulum effect is completely ridiculous. Absolutely not. You're putting down an unstoppable floodgate that completely shuts down an opponent from playing, at what point did you think this was fair or even remotely balanced? Getting this out with monster and spell makes it practically impossible for any deck to remotely remove; trap cards are almost never used for generic removal, and the options for doing so, that are actually good and that people will run, are painfully slim.

I don't understand what you're trying to do with the monster effect and summoning. Have you seen a True Draco deck play? Like, do you actually know how that deck operates? Because it's not a Pendulum deck, I can tell you that, and "Dracoslayer" isn't a deck in itself, which gives this really no place it fits in. You also neglected to give it any sort of niche, since the style of monster is essentially just a rip-off of Metaltron XII styled slightly differently.

You also completely miss the mark on flavor, considering I have no idea what kind of monster this is supposed to be in its lore. Is it Calamity? But Calamity is a True King monster, how does it fit with True Dracos? Is it supposed to work with True Kings? Where does it come in? Its artwork is also completely mismatched with the aesthetic of either the True Kings or with True Dracos.

Finally, your Card Text grammar is terrible. There's very little in this card text that's actually correct, and you obviously didn't spend any time trying to figure out how it should be properly worded.

This entire card is lazy, and ranges from stupidly overpowered to just plain boring in what it does. You also went right out and said "Well just in case True Dracos didn't need more reasons to get hit on the banlist, more than they already did." Nobody here should be designing cards with the intention of giving things reasons to be banned, you're basically telling me that you know full well your sense of balance is completely out the window.

Nothing about your cards suggest that you're actually trying to improve as a designer, and this stands as probably one of your worst. This needs to be taken back to the drawing board.

Redid this card, its Pendulum Effect is still a Floodgate but only for 3 turns and 1 card type declared by its effect. Same thing for its first monster effect and its other effect is a combination of the activated effects of Master Peace, the True Dracoslaying King and True King of all Calamities.

Anyone else want to rip my a$$ apart over a fake Yu-Gi-Oh! card that will NEVER be real or even considered by Konami, huh anybody?

The card is still relatively unfair. Its Pendulum Effect is still broken as far as I can see it, I'd just make it so it would be until the opponent's next End Phase at most, mainly due to the fact, it seems like a Lingering Effect. And if it is, 3 turns without a usage of 1 card type (Monster, Spell, Trap) is pretty death-threatening especially at casuals. Against certain Decks like Fluffals, Superheavy, and Links for example, you can shut off entire Decks giving you the utmost advantage. Lastly, it has a Quick Effect monster nuke that requires 2 banishes and it kills anything of the Attribute you declare. Since its summoning conditions actually help fill this requirement, it's pretty good, a bit too good. Of course, it can only kill 1 Attribute (you wouldn't call DARKs, since it would kill itself). It already has built-in protection for 3 turns from at least 1 to 2 card types once Summoned, so tone down that semi-nuke effect. I'd say, either take off that Quick Effect, or target potentially less monsters.

I'm not saying you're a bad designer (I've seen some nice cards you've made) but this is quite some power that can be either equally powerful as some of the True Dracos/True Kings or possibly more.

The card is still relatively unfair. Its Pendulum Effect is still broken as far as I can see it, I'd just make it so it would be until the opponent's next End Phase at most, mainly due to the fact, it seems like a Lingering Effect. And if it is, 3 turns without a usage of 1 card type (Monster, Spell, Trap) is pretty death-threatening especially at casuals. Against certain Decks like Fluffals, Superheavy, and Links for example, you can shut off entire Decks giving you the utmost advantage. Lastly, it has a Quick Effect monster nuke that requires 2 banishes and it kills anything of the Attribute you declare. Since its summoning conditions actually help fill this requirement, it's pretty good, a bit too good. Of course, it can only kill 1 Attribute (you wouldn't call DARKs, since it would kill itself). It already has built-in protection for 3 turns from at least 1 to 2 card types once Summoned, so tone down that semi-nuke effect. I'd say, either take off that Quick Effect, or target potentially less monsters.

I'm not saying you're a bad designer (I've seen some nice cards you've made) but this is quite some power that can be either equally powerful as some of the True Dracos/True Kings or possibly more.

Yeah, I admit I kinda acted like a try-hard with this one, I really wanted to fuse Master Peace and True King of all Calamities without making a Fusion Monster and make it work. Probably a stupid idea as Master Peace WILL go to 0 in the near future in the TCG, I can almost guarantee it.

REDID CARD FOR THE SECOND TIME. Its Pendulum Effect stuns BOTH players only for 1 turn. Its Immunity Effect is the same way. Its nuke effect can only be activated once while its on the field (and you can only control 1 at a time), its no longer a quick effect, and you must skip your Battle Phase that turn.

Archived