[AGM, Written] Ytrium: Psychic Fusion Bombers! (13/13)

Dova

[spoiler=AGM Prompt]Ytrium is a series of radioactive monsters, made of material from a meteor. These Psychics have a wonderful Fusion Engine going on, with the ability to fuse with every monster you control, and no less. So you need to be precise with your swarming. They deal continuous damage to each player for every card they control, so handtraps and gravetraps are a must.

[spoiler=Monsters: (6)]Ytrium Isotope
EARTH - ✪✪✪ - Psychic/Effect - 0/2000

During your Main Phase, if this card is in your hand: You can Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using all monsters you control as Fusion Materials, including this card. If this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can banish this card, then target 1 “Ytrium” monster in your GY; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Ytrium Isomer
EARTH - ✪✪✪ - Psychic/Effect - 1200/100

You can send 1 Psychic monster from your hand to the GY to Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 of your banished “Ytrium” monsters; Special Summon it. You can only Special Summon 1 “Ytrium Isomer” per turn.

Ytrium Radionuclide
EARTH - ✪ - Psychic/Effect - 500/1000

When any player’s monster declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, you can Special Summon 1 “Ytrium” monster from your hand. Monsters Special Summoned by this effect cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. When this card is Special Summoned: Inflict damage to each player equal to the number of cards that player controls x300. You can only use this effect of this card's name once per turn.

Ytrium Atom
EARTH - ✪✪✪ - Psychic/Effect - 100/1100

When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 “Ytrium” Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 of your banished Psychic monsters, except "Ytrium Atom"; return it to the GY, then draw 1 card. You can only use 1 effect of this card's name per turn, and only once that turn.

Ytrium Tracer
EARTH - ✪✪ - Psychic/Effect - 400/0

You can shuffle this banished card into your Deck, then target 1 of your banished “Ytrium” monsters and 1 “Ytrium” monster in your GY; Special Summon them, also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn, except for Psychic monsters. You can target 1 of your banished “Ytrium” monsters; banish this card from your GY, and, if you do, return that card to your GY. You can only activate 1 effect of this card's name per turn, and only once that turn.

Ytrium Stabilizer
EARTH - ✪ - Psychic/Effect - 200/200

When you Summon a Psychic monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. When this card is Summoned: You can add 1 "Ytrium" monster from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, take 500 damage. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

[spoiler=Spells/Traps: (4)]Ytrium Acceleration Fusion
Quick-Play Spell

Fusion Summon 1 “Ytrium” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using all monsters you control as Fusion Materials, and if you do, you can return 1 of your banished cards to your GY. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 face-up Fusion Monster you control; it is unaffected by other cards’ effects this turn.

Ytrium Acceleration Fission
Quick-Play Spell

Send 1 Fusion Monster you control to the GY, and, if you do, Special Summon 2 “Ytrium” monsters from your GY with a total Level less than or equal to the sent monster’s.

Ytrium Cold Fusion
Normal Spell

If you control no monsters: Fusion Summon 1 "Ytrium" Fusion monster by shuffling monsters from your GY into your Deck as Fusion Materials. If this card was not sent to the GY this turn: You can banish this card; add 1 "Ytrium" card from your GY to your hand. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Ytrium Induction
Normal Trap

If you control a Fusion Monster, you can activate this card from your hand. Target 1 of your banished “Ytrium” monsters and 1 “Ytrium” monster in your GY: Your opponent selects 1, then Special Summon that to your side of the field. During your turn (Quick Effect): You can banish this card from your GY; send 1 Psychic monster from your Deck to your GY. You can only activate each effect of this card's name once per turn.

[spoiler=Fusion Monsters (3):]Ytrium Product Alpha
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪ - Psychic/Fusion/Effect - 1800/2200

2 EARTH Psychic monsters
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 “Ytrium” monster in your GY; add it to your hand. Once per turn, during the End Phase: Inflict damage to the non-turn player equal to the number of cards they control x 300.

Ytrium Product Beta
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Psychic/Fusion/Effect - 2700/600

2 EARTH Psychic monsters + 1 LIGHT Fusion Monster
(Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls, and 1 of your banished “Ytrium” monsters; banish the first target, also return the second target to your hand. You can only use this effect of 
this card's name once per turn. Once per turn, during the End Phase: Inflict damage to the non-turn player equal to the number of cards they control x 500.

Ytrium Product Gamma
LIGHT - ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ - Psychic/Fusion/Effect - 3000/0

3 Psychic Fusion Monsters
Monsters your opponent controls cannot activate their effects. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 card from your hand to the GY; your opponent Sets 1 random card from their hand to their side of the field, and, if they do, they cannot flip that card face-up until the end of this turn. (Quick Effect): You can send 1 card you control to the GY, then target 1 “Ytrium” monster in your GY; add it to your hand. During the End Phase: Inflict damage to the non-turn player equal to the number of cards they control x 800. You can only use each effect of 
this card's name once per turn.

This is actually an old set, from before my hiatus. Also from before Metalfoes, and since I haven't played them, I'm probably missing out potential dangerous interactions. Although all I've done is rewrite some effects and update their OCG, there are almost certainly still mistakes from that time. I also might very well be rusty from said long hiatus, so CnC would be appreciated, to get me out of any bad habits I may have picked up.

Also, pre-Link format, because AGM. Although I do prefer the new OCG, so that's a thing. Great stuff.

I'm not too keen on what Psychics can do, so I'm not going to pick up on its interactions with existing cards, so I'll just comment on the archetype itself. They seem to be capable of swarming for fusions, so here goes:

Ytrium Isotope
In short, it's a Polymerization in hand a Mezuki for the archetype. It gives helps summon Fusions without the need of the Spells/Traps, but I think it shines the most when reviving another Ytrium monster, mainly Atom, to activate its effects. No doubt a valuable card in the archetype.

Ytrium Isomer

This recovers your banished Ytrium monsters so you can use them for fusions--then, you can banish them again. And like Isotope, it also has the ability to activate the SS effect of Atom. The discard also helps set up for their banish effects. Its main function seems similar to Isotope, but would prove to be your main recycler late-game, since it grabs banished monsters. Basically covers up what Isotope can't.

Ytrium Radionuclide
I'm not sure about this one since it seems rather weak. It can SS itself from the hand, but it relies on the opponent. And at the same time, if it does, since its ATK/DEF are pretty low, it would be destroyed. So the best course would be to activate its effect to... burn both players. It does synergize very well with Atom to get its effect or SS another Ytrium to also get them destroyed so you can use their GY effect, but as of now, I think you could omit this card and the archetype would still function quite well. 

Improvements I would suggest would be to have this card not be able to be destroyed by battle the turn its effect activates and to have its burn effect be only to your opponent. And maybe have its burn effect apply when it's Special Summoned instead of banishing it. This way, you have another good Main Deck monster target to SS besides Atom.

Ytrium Atom
Atom's really good. It's basically your #1 card advantage generator. It does what Isomer does and also nets you a draw. Neat card. I think it would be safe to say this would be the core of the deck. I'd say consider making it Level 3 to let it work with E-Tele.

Ytrium Tracer
"You can shuffled this banished card from your GY into your Deck, " confuses me. I'm assuming you meant to shuffle it when it's banished (since it had a GY effect as well).
So Tracer is probably one of the best cards here. Reminiscent of Bujincarnation. It's your swarming tool to get out some Fusions. And after that, you can also return it to the Deck to use another Ytrium effect later on. The SS restriction is a good touch to prevent abuse. I like this the way it is.

Ytrium Acceleration Fusion
This is a neat fusion. Searchable by Atom and makes one of your Fusions invincible for a turn, on either player's turn, no less. Good card.

Ytrium Acceleration Fission
Good to search more stuff with Atom or if you want to go into a Link monster. Good card for swarming and laddering through your Fusions.

Can be used to get out Isotope and Atom to search an Acceleration Fusion; a basic combo with this would be:

Fission -> Atom + Isotope -> search Fusion -> Isotope's effect to SS Alpha -> banish Isotope to SS Atom -> add any Ytrium S/T -> NS or SS a Ytrium monster -> activate the Fusion you searched earlier -> create Beta

Ytrium Induction
Not bad. Lets your opponent pick their poison, can activate from the hand, and lets your recycle resources. Also gives you set-up ability for bigger fusions.

Ytrium Product Alpha
Good fusion. Lets you get back a Radionucleide from the GY to swarm and ladder into Gamma.

Ytrium Product Beta
Good removal. And lets you recover. Decent burn damage. Does the archetype good.

Ytrium Product Gamma

My knee-jerk reaction to this was that locking your opponent's monsters are too strong. But the materials it requires has lead me to believe otherwise. The setting effect is a little odd and kind of win-more. However, the second effect is pretty good for shrinking down your field for less burn damage.  I think this card is fine.

Overall, the archetype is able to recover itself really nicely, but lacks offensive capabilities outside of Gamma and Beta. I think that's fine, though. I'm not sure if you intended it to be like this, but it feels like it would be expert at grinding down your opponent's resources, since your own is basically infinite, and you would win through burning. Its swarming capabilities is limited mostly to OPT and I think that's fine--but you can deal heavy damage by having a field full of fusions that you SS'd from the GY. 

I think it's fair for the most part. Would be frustrating to deal with since it's so grindy, but it's not like they're broken. Actually, I think a problem this archetype would have is that without Atom, it would have a really slow start--similar to how Noble Knights rely on Medraut to get things going. To remedy this, I would suggest a way to search out Ytrium monsters faster. Maybe something like Atom, but instead of searching S/T upon summon, it searches Ytrium monsters. 

Apologies for my long-windedness, but I really like the flavor of being burned by radioactivity--and punishing the opponent for overextending. 

Archived