[AGM Gift] Snatched Sea Snack

Uggla6

I got @@Dova for this year's gift grab bag. I attempted to make a WATER deck with milling (sort of), Fusions, Rituals, Xyzs that Rank-up, Traps, and all different Levels. It's a slow and steady wins the race sort of deck that thrives in the Battle Phase.

So are you hungry? Do you like seafood? Well you're in luck because this deck is all about those editable sea creatures. 

[spoiler=Main Deck Monsters]

Snatched Sea Snack – Caridea
WATER | Level 1 | Insect/Effect | 300/200
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, send any excavated “Snatched Sea Snack” cards to the GY, also place the other cards on the bottom of your Deck in any order. Once per turn, if a card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can shuffle 1 “Snatched Sea Snack” card from your GY into the Deck, then send 1 card from your Deck to your GY.

Snatched Sea Snack – Opilio
WATER | Level 2 | Aqua/Effect | 900/1100
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, send any excavated “Snatched Sea Snack” cards to the GY, also place the other cards on the bottom of your Deck in any order. Once per turn, if a card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can draw 1 card, then discard 1 card.

Snatched Sea Snack – Homarus
WATER | Level 3 | Aqua/Effect | 1400/1200
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, send any excavated “Snatched Sea Snack” cards to the GY, also place the other cards on the bottom of your Deck in any order. Once per turn, if a card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Snatched Sea Snack” monster from your GY.

Snatched Sea Snack – Teuthida
WATER | Level 4 | Beast/Effect | 1700/1300
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can excavate the top 3 cards of your Deck, send any excavated “Snatched Sea Snack” cards to the GY, also place the other cards on the bottom of your Deck in any order. Once per turn, if a card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can add 1 “Snatched Sea Snack” Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand.

Snatched Sea Snack – Bivalvia
WATER | Level 5 | Rock/Effect | 1900/2100
If a card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. If this card is Special Summoned: You can send 1 monster from your Extra Deck to the GY; all monsters you control become Level 5.

Snatched Sea Snack - Salmo
WATER | Level 5 | Fish/Ritual/Effect | 1800/1600
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Fresh Water Mating Ritual of a Future Snatched Sea Snack". During your opponent’s Battle Phase, if you control a “Snatched Sea Snack” monster: You can discard this card; end the Battle Phase. At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles an opponent's face-up monster that was Special Summoned: Destroy that monster.

[spoiler=Extra Deck Monsters]

Snatched Sea Snack – Suzuki

WATER | Level 5 | Fish/Fusion/Effect | 1000/0

2 “Snatched Sea Snack” monsters

Your opponent cannot target this card for attacks. This card can attack directly. If this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 “Snatched Sea Snack” monster from your Deck.

Snatched Sea Snack – Thunnini

WATER | Rank 5 | Fish/Xyz/Effect | 2500/1200

2 Level 5 “Snatched Sea Snack” monsters

Cannot be destroyed by battle. At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card destroyed an opponent’s monster by battle: You can Special Summon from your Extra Deck, 1 Rank 7 WATER Xyz Monster by using this face-up card you control as material. (This is treated as an Xyz Summon. Transfer its materials to the Summoned monster.) If this card is sent to the GY: You can target face-up cards on the field, up to the number of “Snatched Sea Snack” monsters you control; destroy them.

Snatched Sea Snack – Selachii

WATER | Rank 7 | Sea Serpent/Xyz/Effect | 2700/2300

3 Level 7 WATER monsters

Cannot be targeted by your opponent’s card effects. During the Battle Phase, when a Spell/Trap Card, or monster effect, is activated (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 material; negate the activation. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Attack Position monster on the field; attach it to this card as a face-up material. If this card would be destroyed by a card effect, you can shuffle 1 “Snatched Sea Snack” card from your GY into the Deck or Extra Deck instead.

[spoiler=Spells]

Snatched Sea Snack Delicacy Fusion
Normal Spell
Fusion Summon 1 “Snatched Sea Snack” Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. If this card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can add this card to your hand.

Fresh Water Mating Ritual of a Future Snatched Sea Snack
Ritual Spell
This card is used to Ritual Summon “Snatched Sea Snack - Salmo” from your hand or GY. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field, and/or banish WATER monsters from your GY, whose total Levels equal or exceed 5. If this card is added to your hand, except by drawing it: You can add 1 “Snatched Sea Snack - Salmo” from your Deck to your hand.

[spoiler=Traps]

Snatched Sea Snack Confusion Tactic
Normal Trap
Declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); for the rest of this turn, your opponent can only activate 1 card or effect of that type of card. If this card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can Set this card. You can only use each effect of "Snatched Sea Snack Confusion Tactic" once per turn.

Snatched Sea Snack Force Tactic
Normal Trap
Target 1 monster on the field; banish it until the end of this turn. If this card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can Set this card. You can only use each effect of "Snatched Sea Snack Force Tactic" once per turn.

Snatched Sea Snack Poison Tactic
Normal Trap
During the Battle Phase, target 1 monster on the field; it gains 1000 ATK, then if it is your opponent’s monster, it has its effects negated until the end of this turn. If this card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can Set this card. You can only use each effect of "Snatched Sea Snack Poison Tactic" once per turn.

Snatched Sea Snack Evasion Tactic
Normal Trap
If your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand (except during the Draw Phase or the Damage Step): You can destroy 1 random card from your opponent's hand. If this card is excavated from the Deck and sent to the GY by a card effect: You can Set this card. You can only use each effect of "Snatched Sea Snack Evasion Tactic" once per turn.

Wow.

What should I start with? The great execution of all my preferences somehow, the nice theming, AND the good card grammar? Because really, all that and more appears to be here. My only real concern is the lack of hard once per turn on the on-milled effects; although you have "once per turn" on them, that only applies for that specific copy, unlike what was seen on the Sylvan cards. Even though the lack the direct support to the typing that Sylvans do have nerf these cards, that's still something to worry about, particularly in the AGM.

Salmo is useful with its first effect, but the second effect I think doesn't do anything that the archetype itself doesn't, as you already have destruction in that regards. Perhaps return it to the hand or shuffle it into the Deck? I'd prefer the former, but it has no protection of its own, so the power of the second might be needed.

The Extra Deck monsters are amazing. The battle theming, the way one of them Ranks-up, and the power of the Rank 7...wow. It is very much like Cyber Dragon Infinity, but it is different enough to not be a direct retrain/copy. I was expecting a little more, but the archetype is already pretty big as it is, so that's fine.

Spells are good, still suffering from the milling abuse problem as the main-deckers.

And now the traps...wow for the third time. I don't think these need that milling abuse restriction, surprisingly as the only ones that currently do have it, but it might be good anyway just in case. Still, as Traps, they're slow and vulnerable, so...yeah. Either or works, especially as how generic they are. Might work well in Lightsworn actually as good techs, although the limitation to excavation prevents that dream from ever happening. 

Still, all in all, a great gift. Thanks for the present! :D

I'm glad you liked it. I tried to put it all together and hoped it didn't turn out too clunky. Ya my main goal was to make a mill sort of deck that could not be played with any other mill deck (LS especially). I really am not too worried about only having soft OPTs on excavated stuff. The only really loopable thing i can think of is if you get really luck you can use Homarus 3 times. The traps though can be stupid if you set 5 for free so they got the HOPT clause even though 90% of games they don't need it. Also, they are spashable with other excavating decks (even altergeists could play them). Best cards in this deck include Soul Charge, Monster Gate, Reasoning, Herald of the Arc Light, Elder Entity N'tss, and to a lesser extent Kuribandit. Glad you liked the extra deck. Yaaa... The ritual monster ain't really going to be doing anything other than be a searchable swift scarecrow and a level 5 body to xyz with.

Archived