LOCK

Lemniscate

(OoC: I already PMed Harbringer So.. here we go!)

[spoiler=Secret Corruption Pt. 1]Ale walked along the crescent-shaped beach and stared at the crystal blue shine emitted by the water. The shine seemed so perfectly natural to her that it wasn't as captivating as it was supposed to be. She came to a halt before a grand door. The door was decorated in various styles of aquatic life and had a key hole to it. No one could open this door, for the key was lost somewhere. "But I wonder what is inside?" Ale whispered to herself.

"Wouldn't you like to know little lady." Ale turned completely around in shock. A man with brilliant blonde hair and beautiful sapphire eyes was examining her. He walked closer, switching his attention to the door. "You know... your clan has a legend that an object that was crafted from the sea herself lies ehind those doors." He turned his head towards her, his eyes finding hers.

"I-I really don't know anything about that." He chuckled.

"Of course not, your far too young. Oh pardon me." He bowed. "My name is Iric. Iric Icios. May I ask what yours is my lady?" Something about this man rang a bell in the back of her mind, but Ale couldn't tell what it was. So instead, she gave him the benefit of the doubt.

"M-my name is Ale Usami. Pleased to meet you." She responded with a bow as well. When she looked up, she saw the man's expression was somewhat solid. He analyzed her with his eyes and finally said,

"Very nice to meet you as well. Since your name is Usami, I suppose your Xlei's daughter?" (Xlei is Ale's father and leader of the Aquais clan). Bewildered, Ale simply nodded. He flipped his hair. "I see. This is perfect." He clasped her hands. "Your more beautiful than I imagined." Blushing was one of Ale's "cute" qualities.

"Thank you I suppose..." She was interrupted by the entrance of yet another man. This one had cold ruby eyes and raven-black hair.

"Brother, the preparations are complete." The younger man didn't look at Ale, but she was sure he was fully aware of her. The man named Iric chuckled to himself.

"I shall see you later little lady." They both walked away, leaving her alone. She stared at them until they were gone from her vision.

"I don't think they're bad people... but..." But there was something she couldn't put her finger on. She was sure she knew who this "Iric" was.

ooc: Yes, he is very good. Just wait till you see what he does later on =o

[spoiler=Into Hiding, Part 2/5]

"Dang! Where the heck did he go!" A soldier said to a man who was riding a horse beside him. "Calm yourself men..." The horse riding man said as he waved his hand for the army to stop searching. "B-but sir!" The same soldier next to the horse riding man said. "Are you denying the orders of Captain Fredreck Gracefiedl!" Fredreck spoke in the third person about himself often, especially to his soldiers. "No sir." Fredreck smirked and gave the hand signal to about face and head off back to the castle grounds to finish the training that was interrupted by Let's disturbance.

Let, who was watching most of the event from a sewer grate, sighed in relief as he climbed out of the sewers gate and made his way into a dark ally. I avoided them so far, but I should take this time to get to the caverns... Let thought, as he ran down and out of the city ally to ally in the darkness of night.

OoC: Hey, your in this RP?, Awsome!

IC:

[spoiler=The Risk Part 2: Now Where? 2/6]

Agas walked on through the swap, stepping out of the way of every dead rat and puddle of a black substance that got in her path, she then came to a wall of bamboo sticks, too tall to climb over and too long to walk around, she grinned and took out her katana that was straped to her back, she closed her eyes and a gust of wind blew past.

She opened her eyes again and in the blink of an eye she span around with the katana hanging out, the katana hit the bamboo as she did it. When she stopped, back facing the wall, another gust of wind came, and as it did, some of the bamboo split in half and fell down. Agas turned to face the gap in the wall and walked through it, she then put her katana away and continued to walk on.

As she walked on the more living everything started to be, she began to walk past flowers and lush green grass that felt soft at touch. But she then came to a fork in the path, her route split up into three directions, and signs stood on those roads, but had been destroyed long ago. Agas looked down all three paths and sighed. "Now what?" she thought, "where am i supposed to go from here?" She then standed there pondering.

[spoiler=Secret Corruption Pt. 2]

Still wondering where she knew who "Iric" was, Ale went back to the crystalline village. It was relatively peaceful, without much trouble. But that was until the newest rule was passed. Ale read it in a whispered voice, reminded that she herself was a sort of magic-user.

"All magic-using people or people that claim to use magic are hereby to be executed on the spot."

It wasn't pleasent to see when they came. They being the Hunters as Ale's people called them. "Last time..." A horrific incident happened during a said visit, in which was burned into her memory. She shook it off and came to a halt in front of her humble home. She stepped near the door and before she grabbed the handle she could hear arguing.

"Brother, there is no merit in this ridiculous scheme." She instantly recognized the voice as the young man she saw earlier.

"Now, now dear Erin, this is a mere business transaction. You should know that." The voice sounded exactly like Iric, only had a much more freezing edge to it. A third voice coughed. At first she couldn't tell who exactly the voice belonged to, but she heard the moving of chairs and Iric's voice saying, "Hmmm... It appears we have a lost lamb in our midst." Before she could run, the door flew open and Iric grabbed her by the wrist. "Now where are you going little lady?" He smiled in a triumphant way. Ale was beyond scared of this man now. For she remembered now.

"Your one of the them..." Iric was again giving her an analytical look.

"I suppose so. But that really doesn't matter, not now." The younger man, Erin focused his serpentine eyes on her. The unknown man then stepped out. Ale looked closely and stared, losing all reason. It was Vlea, her brother and second to the clan leadership. He started.

"Ale, this is strictly business, so no hard feelings okay?" He was giving her a remorseless expression. "But since you're here, I'll have to tell you your role." He looked towards the water, and gave a sigh. "You should know that once a leader is chosen, he is eternally the leader until the time comes for a new one." He paused, pssibly gauging her reaction. "So in spite of my natural goodness and abilities, I was not chosen. Therefore, I will get what I deserve through any means, even if it means that I have to dirty my hads to do so." At this point Ale already couldn't wrap her mind around it. Her brother... doing this... But he continued, "And this is where you and those two come in." He pointed to Iric and Erin. "They guaranteed my leadership in exchange for your hand in marriage, as well as our father's death."

Ale couldn't feel any rage, just sadness. "Then... father is..." Vlea just stared hard at her. "Yes, I killed him, while my accomplishes kept you at Neptune's Gate." The internal pain was building, but she knew she couldn't do anything about it.

"I believe that is enough of a reunion." Iric said coldly. "We must take our leave. Come my dear." She couldn't move at all, so much so that he had to carry her, even though that was effortless. "Erin, plot a course for the Clemions. I hear their young are good for the picking to join the Master's army."

With that, Iric, Erin, and a stricken Ale left the village quietly.

ooc: Yup =)

[spoiler=Into Hiding, Part 3/5]

Let, after about two hours of hiking, was now in a heavily wooded area. I have to be careful, they built the Clemions two miles ahead of here. I can't afford to get caught, not now... Let thought to himself, as he walked over to an every day tree. He flipped up a panel on the tree and pressed a button that opened a hidden hatch in the ground.

Let climbed down the stairs and was now in an average looking living room. Wooden walls, average living room furniture, and regular carpeting on the floor. This will be a safe haven for now, but this hiding spot will only be good for a few days... Let examined the room, as if not being there for several months at a time.

He looked about the room until he found the piece of furniture he was looking for. Let walked over to an old wooden desk and sat at it. "Let's see if I can fiddle with this for a few hours before leaving this safe haven. I'll have to blow this one up to..." Let said with a great sigh and then took out a device from his rucksack and started probing and prodding at it with a screw driver...

(OoC: Nice little BG story Gentleman-san! Oh and by the way, the first story for my character is done. Next one is up!)

[spoiler=Open the Gate Pt.1]Ale was deep in thought, unable to utilize her senses. Her mind was trying, as best it could, to grasp the situation. "Vlea... why? Just for the leadership? Was it worth it?" Of course she was miles away by now, traveling with two very dangerous men. As if on cue, Iric placed his hand under her chin and merely tugged her face to his.

"I know it's quite a shock my dear, but you'll get used to the idea eventually." She snapped back into reality and stared into his boundless eyes. They were hypnotizing but she wasn't convinced by this phony prince.

"I'm sorry... but I doubt I will." She was never bold, but something in the back of her mind told her to be in this case. She waited for a response. Iric bursted into laughter.

"Ah... a fighter who can resist me, how... exquisite." His eyes warped in color, they now resembled a darker shade of emerald. "It's rare for a woman to resist me and even go as far as oppose me. You have indeed peeked my interest." Ale didn't look away. Rather, she furthered her gaze. She may have been bold, but she had no chance without anger or something to help her back it up, she lacked them.

As they were passing the crescent beach, a faint glow came from the gate. As the mechanized carriage came to a halt, both men looked at Ale. A bright glow of the same color was emitted from her chest, where a key appeared. A voice filled the air.

"Mercury's Key... use it to unlock Neptune's Gate..."

Ale grasped the key and jumped out of the carriage. The water from the sea whipped up and carried her to the gate. She placed the key into the hole, and she vanished from view.

OoC: Yay, my first side story! I do this just to explain things in the story better. Enjoy!

[spoiler=Clemos Part One-The Hunt 3/3]

It was time. Now, I had to take my Archery Test. Nothing hard, just shooting fake deer that run in the woods. But Tao still felt nervous. He recieved his Bow and Arrow from Hanon, so that wasn't a problem. But he didn't have to go alone, he went with his class. Though he was now accepted as best in his class, these people were still good, and wouldn't hesitate to take a deer down.

As he entered the woods, Tao felt a strange breeze towards the west, as if something was opening on the east. He ignored it; it wasn't going to help him pass this test. Hanon counted down, which always bothered Tao, since it rose the suspension up so high, his stomach was unbearable. When Hanon reached zero, all of Tao's classmates rushed into the woods. Tao hit the first one, then second in the way, then third, as if it were an endless chain of cardboard coming from nowhere, and going to nowhere on an invisible string. Tao never missed one, but got the feeling that the fake deer were leading him somewhere...

He finally got to the end of the line. He was far away from the other people; he couldn't even hear the hitting of boards and the cheers of the crowd in the distance. In front of him stood an old tree. He was about to take a rest when he noticed his hand started glowing. The tree started glowing too, but only in a specific pattern. Tao found that it was his mark that was shining and that the tree had the same mark, which came to lead to one thing. "I found it..." Tao said to himself. He placed his glowing hand on the mark in the tree, and a line appeared. Tao followed the line to a rock, and the same symblo appeared on the rock. When he touched it, he felt weird, like he was spinning around in two different ways. He turned into a shower of light, then the fragments scattered into the rock. When he woke up he found himself in a mystical place...

[spoiler=Clemos Part One-Side Story]

This is part of the Book of Light, a fragment to show the point of the story that will come up.

...Then there was one, who interclaimed the prossecution of his brothers...

He delegated the forces of nature into eight masters...

One of Earth, one of Air, one of Water, one of Fire, one of Light, one of Darkness, one of the Trees, and one of Technology...

The one of Light split its actions into four, and created the beasts to protect it...

Tao, when born, was very energetic. His parents took good care of him, feeding him, clothing him etc. But one day, he went out into the forest. It was the Summer Solistice, so it was the longest day of Light. He strayed into a stone and bumped on the rock. Inscriptured on it were words of the Dawn.

Tao touched the stone in curiosity, wondering about its nature. But for some reason, the Light grew brighter. And out of it came a creature of mysteries...

From that day on, Tao held a magical power unknown to his own kind, so in order to channel it, his dad gave him a staff.

Oh, I forgot one part of the saying.

And so the Light covered the Realm, and disposed into the Master, to give to the one of the...

(OoC: That's good to hear :D )

[spoiler=Open the Gate Pt. 2]

Ale was being hurled through a vast space of nothingness. Eventually she saw a light and dropped into it. As it enveloped her, she began to feel the soft touch of the waves against her skin. She opened her eyes to see she was in an island like setting. There were no trees or anything except for the sand on the ground. However, on a similar island just left to her, laid a small altar it seemed, where a small sapphire pendant in the shape of angel wings was resting.

"...Beautiful." It was gorgeous to say the least. Ale jumped into the blue still waters and swam towards it. The water was moving with her motion, as if it was pushing her towards it. Finally, she jumped up and grasped it. In another flash of light, the water formed a gateway. The same voice from before then said,

"That is the Pendant of Poseidon. With it, you may open any gateway you wish. Nnow please go... to the immortal one."

The voice faded and the entire landscape was starting to shake and a storm began to form. Without hesitating, Ale jumped through the gate and landed near what seemed to be a ways from her village. She rested near a tree, making sure no one was around.

"This isn't my day is it?" She smiled weakly.

OoC: This'll be one of my shorter ones, since the main part is in the next half.

[spoiler=Clemos Part 2-Protector of Light 1/2]

Tao looked around, noticing he wasn't in the forest before. He knew what this place was, having heard folktales about it, but none of the folktales could capture its immense beauty. This place was sacred, and he was brought here for a reason. "Lake Illumia, the place of worldly Light." He murmured to himself. He found a strip of land leading to a cave in the center of the lake. The cave had a pond of water inside itself and the pond glimmered with Light.

Tao entered the cave and looked at the pond. Then, out of the pond, came a snake like dragon. But what was weird, was that the creature was made of Light and glowed brightly, lighting up the whole cave. Tao knelt down immediatly, for he knew what this creature was. "Oh mighty Protector of Light, Illumion, what do you request from me." Tao said towards the beast. The beast answered, "I request nothing of you, so you may stand. I bring you information, for at the break of dawn tomorrow, you must go on a quest."

[spoiler=Into Hiding, Part 4/5]

Let was on a role now. He had just finished tinkering with his new invention, The Anti Matter Transitioner, and was just now rigging this base to be exploded if need be. "Dang, if I didn't have two more hidden bases I'd be worried about blowing this one." Let said, as he was connecting several wires to a small black box on the wall. "If the Clemion guards find out about this base, they'll notify the kingdom. It's imperative that no one finds me until this is done..." Let finished rigging his base and packed his rucksack up and then looked at The Anti Matter Transitioner. "This invention will be a tricky one indeed..." Let spoke an in ominous fashion for an unknown reason.

Archived