Why do they call it the 360?

Father Wolf

the 360 is referring to the x-box doing a complete turn-around of what they did for the normal x-box. Now there are a lot more games available for the x-box because they changed it to be more compatible with all sorts of games, not just shooters. =D That is the real reason... Father Wolf's is much funnier though XD

the 360 is referring to the x-box doing a complete turn-around of what they did for the normal x-box. Now there are a lot more games available for the x-box because they changed it to be more compatible with all sorts of games, not just shooters. =D That is the real reason... Father Wolf's is much funnier though XD

I can describe it

Sony had announced the release of the PS3, and Microsoft announced a new Xbox. They were trying to make a new name. They thought of things, like Xbox 2, but that would precede the PS3. So someone gave the idea Xbox 360.

And that's how the 360 got it's name =D

A Question I wouldn't mind trying to awnswer. My thoughts is that Microsoft wanted to have every household owning a 360' date=' meaning that there would be a 360 degree ring of owners around the world. It could also be due to the online capabilities of Xbox Live.

[/quote']

This.

It's a better answer than Wolf's.

The 360 concept also explains Halo's undeserving popularity. Halo was the only "good" game for the original xbox (It was "Good" compared to the other crap games on the xbox). So when the 360 came out, everyone was like OMG IT WAS GOOD ON THE XBOX THE NEXT ONE MUST BE LIKE DA BEST. So I guess you could say, Halo was the "Best Of The Worst" for xbox games

I hate the 360 with a passion. This Thread > Xbox360

Personaly I think it's a "gaming goes full circle" type deal, so do my eyes rolling back into my head when I see 360s

ITT: More Win per page then a noob flaming experienced yugioh players for not running elemental heros in lightsworn!! (lolexample)

Archived