The Trials of Thunder

Black D'Sceptyr

Your MasterPlan, the Black D'Sceptyr, is BACK IN BUSINESS!!

After arduous trial and error (motherloads of error) I have come to the imminent conclusion that the only way to overcome the "error while uploading card" glitch is...

...to wait.

Yea, this is the 7th nonstop hour I've left my computer on this site, and haven't gone near the Card Maker window. Now I can create cards once more. My smile has returned in full! Tell it to your friends, they might need to know this!

And I will return into the booster packs with a VENGEANCE, and it's name is Trials of Thunder! This pack's main theme is obviously Thunder-Type, with a slight centering on an almost forgotten card (go on, guess) and many other varieties of creatures. And as you may have seen before, more Corrupted creatures will be making their debut, as well as a new Dragon, to break the Red Eyes/Blue Eyes stranglehold on the Dragon scale.

Also, you will see the last 10 cards and 2 variants I could not immediately place in The Spectrum Opposites. They will be at the end.

And I apologize for Musical Lightning and Powered Saber's pics. But these are the ones I most thought fit their effects. Especially Powered Saber.

So to conclude...

Names are from me, effects are from me, revoloutionizing cardmaking is from me, pics are from the Art a la Deviants.

Leave reviews.

Oh, and I meant Deviant Art, for the people who didn't know.

241310g.jpg

241310orq.jpg

241310tjo.jpg

"Thunder Nyan Nyan"+1 or more Thunder-Type monsters

This card can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon. This card gains 400 ATK for every Thunder-Type monster other than "Thunder Nyan Nyan" used for it's Fusion Summon. You cannot use 2 of your Monster Card Zones. Once per turn, you can destroy 2 monsters on your opponent's side of the field and one monster on your side of the field. This effect cannot be activated the turn this card is Summoned.

241310c.jpg

241310dot.jpg

241310kii.jpg

This card is treated as a Normal Monster while on the field or in the Graveyard. While this card is face up on the field, you can Normal Summon it to have it be treated as an Effect Monster with the following effect:

() Double this monster's ATK. After the Battle Phase of a turn where this monster did not attack or had it's attack negated, reduce it's ATK to 1500 for the rest of the Duel.

241310lvh.jpg

241310vhk.jpg

For each Thunder-Type monster on your side of the field, activate one of the following effects. These effects cannot accumulate. *Increase this card's ATK by 100 for each Thunder-Type monster removed from play. *Remove from play all Thunder-Type monsters in your Graveyard, *Once per turn, you can halve this card's ATK. 1 Thunder-Type monster on your side of the field, except for "Crackling Madness," can attack directly.

241310gcg.jpg

241310rfd.jpg

241310g.jpg[/img]

Once per turn, you can equip this card to a Thunder-Type monster on your side of the field. When this card is equipped to a monster, switch the monster's ATK and DEF. If the equipped monster is "Miri the Bolt" when it destroys a monster as a result of battle, you may add 1 monster from your Graveyard to your hand equal to the ATK of the equipped monster.

241310z.jpg

This card's Battle Postition cannot be changed, except by it's own effect. If this card is Normal Summoned, during your next turn's End Phase, switch control of this card and 1 of your opponent's monsters that has the same Level as this card. At that time, change this card to Defense Position.

241310z.jpg

241310q.jpg

241310j.jpg

This card can only be activated when you and your opponent have the same amount of monsters on the field and at least one of those is a Thunder-Type monster. Place all monsters on the field outside of the field face-down. During you and your opponent's respective End Phases, you can both select one monster that has been removed due to this card's effect and Special Summon them back to their respective owner's sides of the field.

241310a.jpg

241310bqo.jpg

241310v.jpg

241310agd.jpg

241310qne.jpg

241310dac.jpg

241310zuz.jpg

241310tcs.jpg

Once per turn, if your opponent has 2 or more cards in their hand, you can select a card in your opponent's hand and call it (Monster, Spell, or Trap.) If you call it right, send that card to the Graveyard. During the Main Phase, you can return this card to the Deck to Special Summon one "Dragonscout of the Cryogens-Valeric" from your Deck. That monster cannot attack the turn it was Summoned.

241310x.jpg

If this card attacks a face-down monster, destroy it immediately with this card's effect without flipping it face-up or activating it's effect. During the Main Phase, you can return this card to the Deck to Special Summon one "Dragonscout of the Firagens-Laos" from your Deck. That monster cannot attack the turn it was Summoned.

241310uxo.jpg

241310o.jpg

Once per turn, during the Battle Phase, you can flip 1 card face-down in your opponent's Spell or Trap Card Zone face-up. If that card is a Continuous Trap Card, send it to the Graveyard. During the Standby Phase, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon one "Sydall, Thunderstorm Dragon LV 5" from your hand or Deck.

241310k.jpg

This card cannot be destroyed by the effects of Trap Cards. During the End Phase of a turn that this card destroyed a monster as a result of battle, you can send this card to the Graveyard to Special Summon one "Sydall, Thunderstorm Dragon LV 7" from your hand or Deck.

241310blh.jpg

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by the effect of "Sydall, Thunderstorm Dragon LV 5." As long as this card is face-up on the field, you can negate the effects of Trap Cards and remove them from play.

241310i.jpg

241310.jpg

If this card is Flip Summoned, it gains the following effect: *Once per turn, you can flip one WATER monster on the field into face-down Defense Position. As long as this card remains face-up on the field, face-down monsters cannot be selected as an attack target.

241310.jpg

You can pay 400 Life Points while this card is on the field to place it into your opponent's Deck face-up. Your opponent then shuffles the Deck. When your opponent draws this card, immediately add it to your hand and discard the card that was below this card in the Deck to the Graveyard.

241310.jpg

241310.jpg

241310zhw.jpg

This card can only be played from the hand by removing 3 LIGHT monsters OR 2 Thunder-Type monsters in the Graveyard from play. Activate one of the following effects based on the type of the equipped monster:

*Normal: The equipped monster cannot attack or change it's battle position.

*Effect: The equipped monster's effect is negated.

*Fusion: Inflict damage equal to the equipped monster's Levelx200 to it's controller's Life Points.

*Ritual: Return the equipped monster to the Deck at the End Phase.

*Synchro: Remove the equipped monster from play for the next 2 turns.

241310b.jpg

241310ncr.jpg

1 Tuner monster+1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned, Special Summon 4 "Water Illusion Tokens" (WATER/Aqua/Level 1/ATK: 0/DEF: 0) on your side of the field. As long as a Token is on your side of the field, this card cannot be selected as the target of a Spell Card or monster attack.

241310k.jpg

1 Tuner Monster+1 monster with "Cyber" in it's name

This card's ATK is increased by 500 for each monster with "Cyber" in it's name in your Graveyard. If this card is in the Graveyard, during the End Phase, you can remove from play 2 LIGHT Machine-Type monsters to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard.

241310udb.jpg

241310l.jpg

If this card is Special Summoned, you must offer 1 "Thunder Nyan Nyan" on your side of the field as a Tribute. When this card attacks a monster, if it is not destroyed by battle, it cannot attack for 3 turns. If this card is in face-up Defense Position, during the Battle Phase, you can select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field. It must attack this card this turn. If the DEF of this card is higher than the ATK of the attacking monster, destroy the attacking monster.

241310q.jpg

241310cev.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you can activate one of the following effects:

()Destroy monsters on your opponent's side of the field equal to the number of "Evil Hero" monsters on the field. If you activate the effect, no "Evil Hero" monsters may attack this turn.

()Once per turn, you can halve this card's ATK to attack directly with this card this turn.

241310ppy.jpg

241310cty.jpg

241310w.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. When a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Monster Effect is activated, negate that effect and increase this card's ATK by 500 points. If this card's ATK becomes 2500 by it's own effect, destroy it and add 1 monster that is Level 4 or lower from your opponent's Graveyard to his/her hand.

241310m.jpg

241310n.jpg

241310bvr.jpg

241310b.jpg

241310f.jpg

And the variants of my Trials of Thunder pack....

241310hsc.jpg

241310jxh.jpg

The lost Spectrum Opposites cards...

241310gmm.jpg

If you're Tributing an Ice-Type monster, this card can be Normal Summoned with one Tribute. Decrease the Level of all Ice-Type monsters on your side of the field, in your hand, and in your Graveyard by 1. During each of your End Phases, you can pay 500 Life Points to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Ice-Type monster from your Graveyard. There can only be one "Coldblade Queen" on your side of the field.

241310joq.jpg

241310tnv.jpg

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to the owner's hand at the End Phase of the turn that this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is attacked, you can remove 2 Spirit monsters in your Graveyard from play to negate the attack.

241310qwa.jpg

241310czk.jpg

If your opponent's Life Points are 3000 or less, destroy this card immediately. Select 1 monster on your opponent's side of the field and Special Summon 3 "Gene Tokens" to your side of the field. The Gene Tokens have the same Attribute, Level, Type, and effect(s) of that monster. (The Tokens have 0 ATK and DEF.) If this card is destroyed, destroy all "Gene Tokens." You cannot Summon other monsters during the turn this card is activated.

241310aab.jpg

241310rzg.jpg

When this card in face-up Attack Position is attacked, equip it to the monster that destroyed it. The equipped monster loses ATK equal to the Battle Damage you took. When the equipped monster is destroyed, select 1 monster on the field and equip this card to that monster (the previous effect still applies.) If this card is destroyed while equipped to a monster, it is removed from play.

241310ovf.jpg

241310dim.jpg

When this card is Flip Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Duplicatyr Token" (DARK/Spellcaster/Level 2/ATK; 0/DEF: 0) to your side of the field.

When this card is destroyed, except as a result of battle, Special Summon 2 more Duplicatyr Tokens to your side of the field. If this card is destroyed as a result of battle, it is removed from play.

And of course, the 2 variants of this pack...

241310qqe.jpg

241310pje.jpg

Whew! I'm DONE for now. And I have a huge myriad of ideas for the next booster pack I'll release. The question, thus is...

...what do YOU prefer?

1. Alchemic Legacy-This pack places it's main strength in Alchemic monsters that gain certain effects when they change their Attribute. I'll also place out more of a focus on Glad Beasts, Dragons, and Necro-type monsters.

2. Fury of the Stonegazers-Rock-type monsters dominate this pack. They're now past the usual high DEF they're known for, instead utilizing more Spellcasters into their family to unleash their true power. Also included will be even MORE Corrupted monsters, and another focus on the under-structured Venom monster branch.

3. Cerebral Madness-This pack focus is on Machines-not only my known Mechanos creatures, but game-program themed Machines, with cool looks and effects all chained to the field spell Game-World Type-5. Think Space Paranoids (all KH fans will understand.) This pack will also have a STRONG focus on Synchros and (surprisingly) Warrior-Type monsters.

Leave your pick on the reviews, and I'll let you know about my choice of the current crop in a couple of weeks, cause I need to focus on my other game systems for now. Until then, loyal fans and reviewers alike...

...this is the Black D'Sceptyr, signing off.

• 1 month later...

Archived