.Gideon.

vote for.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. vote for.

Leviathan' date=' the Sealed King of the Ocean

Pic 4/5

Name 4/5

OCG 8/10

Effect (Including balance & creativity) 5/10 ([b']I don't find this balanced[/b]. There are cards to remove counters, and even cards like book of moon or book of eclipse.)

Total 21/30

this card is a LV9 Synchro, means it requirs 2 or more monsters to summon, second if you want to attack at first turn, you must use another card and wait another turn to flip it face-up (book of moon), there are cards that remove SPELL Counters, not chain counters. and in order for it's effect to activate, "Umi" must be face up on the field. so let's imagine you are playing with this card and u want to attack with it in first turn ( which was the reason that u said it's not "balanced", first we summon a Tuner, then we must have, or summon 1 high level monster or 2 monsters with levels that can be tuned to level 9, then we must use a book of moon as u said, then a book of Tayu, now you can attack with it !! congratz, you just used more than 4 cards to attack with this monster to activate a "short circuit"'s effect !!. I'm sure u know what hand advantage is, and expert duelists will never think of using the methods u mentioned above to make this card attacks the turn it is summoned just to destroy all cards on the opponent's field, you must think carefully before you judge the balance of any card.

Well let's compare this with Deadalus shall we ?

Deadalus can be Summoned by Tributing 1 monster if you control "Legendary Ocean", you can then instantly use its effect and destroy all cards on the field except deadalus, you attack with him anytime, no need for a book of moon, or "counter removals"

now are you telling me that deadalus is not balanced ?

i vote for devilq8

not counted, read the first post please

Counter Cleaner

Group: Spell Card

Type: Spell

Pay 500 Life Points. Remove all counters from the field.

And yours can be used every turn. Not to mention if its effect destroys your opponent's monsters, it causes a replay, so that would allow it to attack directly. So: If you can get this out and play Counter Cleaner, then you will be able to summon 1 monster from your graveyard with its effect, and at very minimum you'd have 5000 LP from direct attacks, assuming your fish was a weak 1700 one. If that wasn't enough, if you can protect it, you can just summon more monster(s) next turn and use its effect again.

Not to mention Deadalus destroys Umi and yours doesn't. And even if it did, yours is still more potent because it is a synchro.

Archived