§hadow §triker vs. DeMeNTeD - Over[LOCK]

Winner?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Winner?

• §hadow §triker
    • DeMeNTeD

It's a 1-on-1 between me & §hadow §triker.

[spoiler=[b]Rules for the voters[/b]]

Rules for voters

Rules for voters

-No biased votes. Ex: Person 1 because I don't want person 2 to win

-No simple votes. Ex: Person 1 > Person 2; Person 1 wins. Sorry person 2.

-Opinions are okay, but it'd be better if you posted a reason (Not really an opinion, but more along the lines of a fact) as to why one card is better than the other (Custom rubrics are fine). Saying that one card is "just better" than the other card falls along the lines of a simple vote and won't be counted unless the post is edited with something legit.

-If a lot of voters do not follow the above rules, it will leave me no choice but to make a rubric for all of you to follow (Which I don't want to do because all of you have your own ways of rating cards n' stuff).

-If I see a lot of votes in the poll, but little or no posts in this thread, poll votes won't count and I'll keep a score manually, only counting legit votes posted in this thread.

[spoiler=[b]Rules for the contestants]

-1 card

-Must me a monster

-The rest is up to the contestants

Winner: 3 +reps

Ends March 19, 2009, or when someone gets 10 votes first.

§hadow §triker:

jl6io2.png

[spoiler=[b]Effect[/b]]This card is also treated as a Pyro-Type. When this card is Normal Summoned, increase your Life Points by the number of monsters in your Graveyard x200. When this card attacks an opponents monsters you can pay 500 Life Points to have you opponent gain Life Points equal to the difference of this card's ATK and the attacked monsters DEF. If your opponent has more than 4000 Life Points this card gain 200 ATK points. If you opponent has less than 1000 Life Points, discard 3 cards from your hand in order to destroy all monsters on your side of the field and inflict 100 points of damage for each monsters destroyed by this effect. When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, discard the top three card of you deck in order to Special Summon 2 monsters from you Deck whose ATK add up to 2600 or less.

DeMeNTeD:

79521j.jpg

[spoiler=[b]Effect[/b]]This card cannot be Summoned except from your hand if your opponent controls 1 or more monsters. During your Main Phase 1, you can place 1 Starcast Counter on this card (max. 1). If you do, you cannot attack with this card during your Battle Phase this turn. During your Battle Phase, if there is 1 Starcast Counter on this card and you did not place it on this card during your Main Phase 1 this turn, you can remove it from this card to destroy 1 monster your opponent controls. If you use this effect, return this card to your hand during the End Phase.

Shadow Striker - Holo-ish effects do not really make your card look better, just less realistic. Overused pic doesn't help either. Effect is interesting, but there's rather a lot to it, maybe too much. There are also several OCG errors. Overall idea is interesting, though. Grade - 13.07/13.69

Demented - Pic is very nice. Effect is interesting and I didn't see any OCG errors (though the sentence starting "During your Battle Phase" is worded a little awkwardly). Overall idea is quite interesting, though may be a little overpowered. Grade - 13.29/13.69

My vote goes to Demented.

Sage of Fire - Balanced Effect, wording errors like "you" (your), gain (gains) And an OCG Error. "If you opponent has less than 1000 Life Points, discard 3 cards from your hand in order to destroy all monsters on your side of the field and inflict 100 points of damage for each monsters destroyed by this effect." The right effect should be "If your opponent has less than 1000 Life Points, discard 3 cards from your hand and destroy all monsters on your side of the field. Decrease your Life Points by 100 for each monster destroyed by this effect.

Starcaster Magician - Perfect OCG, yet seems Underpowered since it's effect demands that you should put the counter on the monster on the monster, and skipping your Battle Phase. And then could possibly get destroyed during your opponent's turn.

I Choose §hadow §triker.

Shadow has a lot of OCG, but the effect isn't that bad, and the picture was over done on the holo.

and

Demented has perfect OCG, but the effect is risky, and a nice picture.

so ima have to give it to Demented...if Shadow would have kept the picture normal Id would have went with him.

Demented - Pic is very nice. Effect is interesting and I didn't see any OCG errors (though the sentence starting "During your Battle Phase" is worded a little awkwardly). Overall idea is quite interesting' date=' [b']though may be a little overpowered[/b]. Grade - 13.29/13.69

I had the ATK on it kinda high, but that was due to it's summoning condition and the fact that it goes back into your hand after the counter is used.

Starcaster Magician - Perfect OCG' date=' yet seems Underpowered since it's effect demands that you should put the counter on the monster on the monster, and [b']skipping your Battle Phase[/b]. And then could possibly get destroyed during your opponent's turn.

Your Battle Phase doesn't get skipped. The monster is just unable to attack that turn. You can still attack with any other monsters you have at the time.

§hadow §triker- I like how the card looks. The only thing is that i think the card is too strong, Or can get to strong. For Example you could have 15 monsters in your graveyard then it would be way overpowered. Also you can destroy your opponents monster to easily. It would be a nice card to have in your deck but not very realistic.

DeMeNTeD- The Pic is nice. The effect is good, I don't see any errors. It could be a little underpowered since you cannot attack with that monster that turn. Overall yours is more realistic.

My vote Goes to DeMeNTeD

DeMeNTeD- The Pic is nice. The effect is good' date=' I don't see any errors. [b']It could be a little underpowered since you cannot attack with that monster that turn.[/b] Overall yours is more realistic.

It may be unable to attack, but then again, when you have the counter, you can take out ANY monster you choose with it. You could also save it for the right moment. (The effect doesn't say that you have to use the counter the next turn.)

Shadow: I can barely read name. Try Advance holo on pic.....also, OCG errors FTW (lol)

DeMeNTeD: Seems flawless, nice pic!

DeMeNTeD gets it. I don't care about special effects on card, I only care about OCG and pic and necessities. So DeMeNTeD gets it!

Archived