Spam - Theatre Company

Brushfire

Yup, Spam. It's the name of our BTEC Acting Company. ;D Not only does this prove how awesome we are, but it's so much better then "No Refunds".

We're preforming a play of the 12th May about Drugs and/or Alcohol, though our section of the Company doesn't want it to be a "Drugs kills, don't do it" thing because that's so cliché. Our play is going to start out with everyone in Year 6 talking about how excited they are to be going to Secondary School together, when one of the girl's parents get her accepted into a posh private school. They meet again when they find out that they're going to the same College, and they go for a camp-out in the woods. While in there, one boy (who suffers from diabetics) gives out Ecstasy to help lighten to mood; he doesn't take any himself. He also spikes the drink of the girl that went to the private school so she'd act normal again, so they could all have a laugh (going to the school changed her, and she turned all posh). She was also the only one that could help him if he had any problems with his diabetes. He then suffers from an attack (we need to research this; none of us are too sure how it works), and everyone is drugged up and therefore cannot help him, so he dies. Afterwoods, we have an "if only" series of Monologues where other members of the group will say things like "if only I hadn't taken it", etc. It will bring out the guilt side of it all and generally be depressing. It's going to be hard for me to pull it off, even though our group is mostly made up of the best actors in the class.

So, your thoughts?

Interesting concept.

Certainly better than the whole "Drugs kills' date=' don't do it" thing.

Can't really say anything else. Other than good luck.

[/quote']

Yeah, we wanted to be original, so we thought we'd make the guy who didn't take the drugs be the one to get hurt. Thanks, I'm gunna need it for such a heavy subject in front of 500 people. =|

tl;dr I stoped at 'Yup' date=' Spam'

[/quote']

*sigh*

You like to act more retarded every day, don't you?

Faint: That play seems good. I'd wouldn't watch it tho =P

It should be pretty good, actually. Guess your just not a fan of plays. =P

I wnat a shorter version' date=' if you may.

[/quote']

That WAS short.

Yeah, it really was. Our real version is around 30 minutes long. >_>

Hmm' date=' seems interesting, definitly gets the point out.

[/quote']

Thanks, but there really is no point. There's no context involved apart from that we wanted a realistic situation put into a play without making it too cliché, while maintaining our original subject.

Asthma attacks.

Irregular breathing to begin with. Nothing to ab normal.

But after anything physical, i.e. walking running, the person starts coughing lite at first, thinking they just to need to rest, they sit down, drink some water, the coughing continues a little harder, with heavy breathing, then the coughing stops, and its just extremely heavy (rapid) breathing. When this happens, you basically lose all control of your muscles, because your brain will be thinking about only breathing, breathing and nothing else.

Then, you die if your unlucky.

Also, where the hell did a kid with asthma get ecstacy?

Still cliched' date=' why don't you have a sarcastic view were people are all "happy" because they're taking drugs. No messages or anything. Just make it obvious their life is actually hell. That's way less biased AND gives an amazing "Oh Snap" moment once people realise both the cause and effect.

[/quote']

No, it's supposed to be creating a real-life situation and having an "only this once" type of feeling. Besides, your idea would involve completely changing the storyline that we spent the whole of today putting together, and today was our only storyline development day.

Asthma attacks.

Irregular breathing to begin with. Nothing to ab normal.

But after anything physical' date=' i.e. walking running, the person starts coughing lite at first, thinking they just to need to rest, they sit down, drink some water, the coughing continues a little harder, with heavy breathing, then the coughing stops, and its just extremely heavy (rapid) breathing. When this happens, you basically lose all control of your muscles, because your brain will be thinking about only breathing, breathing and nothing else.

Then, you die if your unlucky.

Also, where the hell did a kid with asthma get ecstacy?

[/quote']

Thanks for the help.

Also, dealers. There are plenty of dodgy dealers around, who will sell their stuff to anyone without care as long as they get their money. What, do you think they sold it to him in a shop or something? >_>

Except that this was actually a "drugs kills, don't do it". A bit retrospectively, but you get the point.

Bloodrun: It was diabetes, not asthma. And where do kids get drugs these days, anyway? Regardless of medical condition.

Except that this was actually a "drugs kills' date=' don't do it". A bit retrospectively, but you get the point.

Bloodrun: It was diabetes, not asthma. And where do kids get drugs these days, anyway? Regardless of medical condition.

[/quote']

In some respect, yes, but we didn't want it to be an outright clear message that said it. Our Storyline development time was short and we're encouraged to move onto the actual acting as soon as possible and build from there.

And, like I said to Bloodrun, dealers.

Except that this was actually a "drugs kills' date=' don't do it". A bit retrospectively, but you get the point.

[/quote']

It's diabetes? Ooops

the kid wouldnt ie from an attack then if was diabetes, unless your planning on him taking an ecstacy pill (which would def. do that trick) -this is to faint-

It's diabetes? Ooops

the kid wouldnt ie from an attack then if was diabetes' date=' unless your planning on him taking an ecstacy pill (which would def. do that trick) -this is to faint-

[/quote']

Alright, thanks. I'll mention that to my co-workers tomorrow so we can get it fixed. ;)

It's diabetes? Ooops

the kid wouldnt ie from an attack then if was diabetes' date=' unless your planning on him taking an ecstacy pill (which would def. do that trick) -this is to faint-

[/quote']

Alright, thanks. I'll mention that to my co-workers tomorrow so we can get it fixed. ;)

If you have Paul Blart - Mall Cop, what happens to him, is about the worsrt a diabetes attack can get.

Unless he has severe diabetes, which causes poor joints, and very bad arthritis.

[align=center]diabetes can kill you, what are you talking about? My dad has diabetes and he almost died!

He must've had a low blood-sugar... that wouldn't kill him unless it got like 40 or under... above that you go into a coma... normal is about 97-ish...[/align]

[align=center]diabetes can kill you' date=' what are you talking about? My dad has diabetes and he almost died!

He must've had a low blood-sugar... that wouldn't kill him unless it got like [b']40 or under[/b]... above that you go into a coma... normal is about 97-ish...[/align]

Read the bolded. Put it together. you dad's in acoma. If what you said is true, he's in acome right now, and he's never coming out of it.

In other words, your sentence contradicts your whole post.

Archived