YCM Dark Synchro/Tuner OCG and Rulings

Father Wolf

This is my proposal for Dark Synchro and Dark Tuner Rulings and there OCG on YCM, because there seems to be a lot of confusion about them. These Rulings might change as we see more of these types in the anime.

All rulings and ocg are based on: Making it easy for you and Not hindering creativity!

You don't have to fallow these. Take em or Leave them.

Dark Tuner Rulings and OCG

1. Dark Tuners do not need Dark Tuner in name.

Example: Darkforce Shuno Guardian sounds personally better than Darkforce Dark Tuner Shuno Guardian.

2. Dark Tuners and Tuners are different in subtypes, but since they still have "Tuner" in name, so they can all be counted as "Tuner monsters". This doesn't mean Dark Tuners can be used for a Synchro summoning; since Synchros say 1 Tuner and not Tuner Monster.

Examples: Increase all Tuner monster's Levels by 1. (meaning both Tuner and Dark Tuners)

Increase all Dark Tuner's Levels by 1./ Increase all Dark Tuner monster's Levels by 1 (Meaning only for Dark Tuners)

Increase all Tuner's Levels by 1./ Increase all Tuner monster's Levels by 1 except Dark Tuners. (Meaning only Normal Tuners)

3. Non-Tuner's are any monster that is not a Tuner or Dark Tuner. which means you can not combine Dark Tuners with Normal Tuners for there Synchro Summons. Reason being the 2 would try to synchro each other and the 2 would cause an infinite Loop.

Example: 1 Tuner + 1 or more Non-Tuner monsters means No Dark Tuners for the Non-Tuner part.

Dark Synchro Rulings and OCG

Dark Synchro Rulings and OCG

1. Unlike Dark Tuners and Tuners, Dark Synchros and Synchros are different Card Types (hints the different card backgrounds); which means Dark Synchro and Synchro can not just be classified as just Synchros.

2. Dark Synchro Summons are still counted as a Synchro Summon.

Example: Neither Player can Synchro summon. (meaning you can not Dark Synchro summon ether.)

3. Dark Synchros can use more than 1 Non-Tuner monster just like Normal Tuners can.

Example: 1 or more Non-Tuner monster(s) - 1 Dark Tuner

4. Dark Synchros don't need there summoning requirements in their text because: everyone; im pretty sure knows how to dark synchro summon by now. it's a waist valuable text space. And finally synchros don't have their summoning conditions on there cards so why should their dark counter parts?

Example: 1 or more Non-Tuner monster(s) - 1 Dark Tuner (this has to be there, but the rest about subtraction doesn’t)

Hey, I think this is a great guide. I know that Dark Tuners/Synchros aren't in the card maker yet, but this should at least make the ones that are still made more accurate and balanced. Thanks FW ^_^

Arigatou Father Wolf. I was honestly confused on this part (namely because I'm new to the concept of Synchros and Tuners. In fact' date=' I finally got the hang of normal Synchros.) Dark Synchros were giving me a problem, but you cleared that up. Thanks again.

[/quote']

im glad to help.

Hey' date=' I think this is a great guide. I know that Dark Tuners/Synchros aren't in the card maker yet, but this should at least make the ones that are still made more accurate and balanced. Thanks FW ^_^

[/quote']

Does that mean possible stickied =D

very well put, Father Wolf. ;) this should ease up confusion for the others who want to make these.

i basically followed all of these rules when i made my Dark Synchros a long time back.

thank you for taking your time and writing this.

-Kale.

There i made the thread pretty =D

0_0 *compulsiveness taking over* too many stickies...

But yes nice guide =D

thanks bloodrun

very well put' date=' Father Wolf. ;) this should ease up confusion for the others who want to make these.

i basically followed all of these rules when i made my Dark Synchros a long time back.

thank you for taking your time and writing this.

-Kale.

[/quote']

a couple of ppl did, but to many didn't. So i thought i should be helpful other than just making pictures.

Guest JoshIcy

PM me a version of this that would be more like a lesson. Including card examples and whatnot. I've got an idea for a very interesting Sticky... Of course, you will be credited and all, but when you send me that. I'll discuss it with you...

PM me a version of this that would be more like a lesson. Including card examples and whatnot. I've got an idea for a very interesting Sticky... Of course' date=' you will be credited and all, but when you send me that. I'll discuss it with you...

[/quote']

Sure give me till Sunday.

Guest JoshIcy

PM me a version of this that would be more like a lesson. Including card examples and whatnot. I've got an idea for a very interesting Sticky... Of course' date=' you will be credited and all, but when you send me that. I'll discuss it with you...

[/quote']

Sure give me till Sunday.

No Problem, and also. When you PM me it, be sure to contact me on MSN/AIM. I'd like this idea to take full spin in Real-Time due to the nature of it.

Dark synchro are still gay cuz dark synchros are nto affected by level limit area B or gravity bind.

[align=center]That my friend is physically' date=' mentally, psychopathic, and hormonally wrong. Cards are inanimate objects used in the playing of games and such...

Great Guide FW I really think this will clear up some of the confusion and stop all the pointless dark-synchro threads that aren't retaining to proper ocg...

I'm not sure but i didn't see anything about the Negative lvs of the dark synchros there... just something... [/color'][/align]

Personally I disagree with how you say you can use more than 1 non-Tuner for a Dark Synchro Summon, since none of the Dark Synchro in the show can use more than 2 monsters, and it kind of makes it weird since even the original text mentions specificallly the level of the Dark Tuner minus the level of the non-Tuner (no "s" at the end at all). Other than that, I think this a very useful threat, though I should also cover negative Levels.

Archived