Bloodrose Set - Hurray for Plants!

Dr. Cakey

Plants have never exactly been the most popular of Types, right? The only way to fix this is to show off a bunch of over-powered cards. Actually, I think I'm fairly good at making cards fair.

High-level Monsters:

demeter.jpgred_petal.jpg

Low-level Monsters:

blue_petal.jpgthorns.jpg

synchron.jpgbloodrose.jpg

megagrowth.jpg

Synchro Monsters:

card_crusher.jpgcard_gainer.jpg

...And, a Field Spell:

blood_garden.jpg

Oh, if you can't read the text for Demeter, this is it:

This card can not be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 Plant-Type monsters. This card gains 1000 ATK for each Plant-Type monster on the field, and can attack 1 additional time for every 3 removed from play Plant-Type monsters.

The basic strategy for Bloodroses is stalling your opponent long enough to swarm the field with Plants in order to call out Demeter. Alternate options include pumping up Card Gainer, or combining the stat-lowering powers of Bloodrose Thorns and Blue Petal Bloodrose with outside weakening cards in order to decimate your opponent.

Comments?

Official Card Grammar is kinda my thing.

Infinite Petal Bloodrose - Demeter:

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Tributing 3 Plant-Type monsters. This card gains 1000 ATK for each Plant-Type monster on the field, and can attack once more during the Battle Phase for every 3 removed from play Plant-Type monsters.

Errors:

-"can not" = "cannot"

-multiple attack effect is slightly off. ;)

Red Petal Bloodrose:

During your Battle Phase, all Plant-Type monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

Errors:

-"of your" = "you control"

Blue Petal Bloodrose:

When this card is Normal Summoned, switch it to Defense Position. During your opponent's Battle Phase, all monsters your opponent controls lose 300 ATK.

Errors:

-ATK reducer is off, use "Colossal Fighter/Assault Mode" as a reference on seperate occasions when in doubt.

Bloodrose Thorns:

Monsters that battle this card lose 300 ATK during the Damage Step.

Errors:

-There're no parts of a Damage Step, it's just the Damage Step.

-"A monster" = "Monsters" with text afterwards edited to suit the plural.

Bloodrose Synchron:

When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Plant-Type monster from your Graveyard. That monster's effect(s) is negated, and it cannot attack.

Errors:

-There's no selecting involved, so "selected monster" doesn't work here. When negating the effects of monsters you're reviving, reference "Debris Dragon" if in doubt.

Bloodrose:

If you control a "Bloodrose" monster, you can Special Summon this card from your hand in Attack Position. When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.

Errors:

-Specify the location from which it's to be Special Summoned. This must be done even when it's from the hand, as shown on "Blackwing - Bora the Spear".

Bloodrose Megagrowth

When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon "Bloodrose Token(s)" (Plant-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) up to the number of Plant-Type monsters on the field.

Errors:

-It has to be "up to", because you can't exceed the 5 Monster Card Zone limit.

-If it can be 1, but has the possibility to also be more, use "(s)".

Bloodrose Card Crusher:

1 Plant-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, you can have this card lose 200 ATK to look at your opponent's hand, select 1 card in it, and discard that card.

Errors:

-"reduce" = "have this card lose" Reduce is only used when reducing to a specified number, such as 0. "Have this card lose" is what's used in recent sets.

-Reference the CP04 "Confiscation" when it doubt for effects that involve checking your opponent's hand and discarding cards from them.

Bloodrose Card Gainer:

1 Plant-Type Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, you can discard 1 card to have this card gain 200 ATK.

Errors:

-Increase is no longer used.

Also, I'd lengthen the increase to 500-1000 ATK, and make the cost for Crusher's effect around 500-1000 ATK, as I think you may be understating the value of card advantage with these.

Blood Garden:

All monsters on the field become Plant-Type monsters. All non-"Bloodrose" monsters are removed from play when they are destroyed by battle instead of being sent to the Graveyard.

Errors:

-Include "instead of being sent to the Graveyard" where monsters would be removed from play under specified conditions.

I hope that helps. I'd also recommend this guide for advice on Set IDs and circulations: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/thread-83350.html

Image credit should be included in posts, not in circulation. ;)

Good job on the pics btw, a custom-edited pic beats a googled pic any time in my pics, though it is somewhat unrealistic.

That's...staggering. Still, it makes me feel better to know that plenty of people do a lot worse.

However, you misinterpreted the effect of Bloodrose Thorns: the decrease is supposed to be permanent. As for Bloodrose, well...I haven't seen the most recent runs of cards, so all the cards I own don't specify that it has to be from the hand - now that I'm checking, I can see you're right.

Actually, I just found out about the freaky-powerful decks using Black Garden and Tytanniel. At the time I made these, I didn't know about the Plants-actually-becoming-strong. Maybe I should make a Rock archetype...they haven't been cool since Invincible Fortress, right?

Archived