New Pokemon Splices

Legokun

Do YOU Have a Good Name for one of the Splices?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do YOU Have a Good Name for one of the Splices?

My NEW Pokemon Splices and the order of evolution.

2l8ucm9.png

No names have been made yet. you get can up to 15 Points for a GOOD Name.

Edit Time!

I have more splices now!

2ivjmz4.png

the "Shinkmin" family.

p.s. the girl shinkmins have more electric powers.

yeas! more editing!

or1coi.png

i call it.... Snore..zap..are...stel..irill.

enjoy!

Tutorials alone won't make someone a good splicer. Tutorials are meant to guide one to better abilities. Watching a good tutorial won't make your splicing good. There are a lot of things you can learn from a tutorial, but it won't make you perfect. You may see me as a good splicer, but there is more to splicing than what I can show in a tutorial. I wouldn't say you're a bad splicer, but you need to stop and think and practice.

I'm not going to go over each splice, but a lot of you're problems seem to be placement. I perhaps should have covered this in my tutorial better, but you can't just take anything and put it together. Many times parts won't work because of things like angle. Some parts are meant for something facing right, but the body you have is facing forward. The two parts won't match properly, scratch work or a different part need to be used.

A tutorial teaches someone the tools to splicing, but tools and ability to them are useless unless you have a good idea of what you're building. Tutorials can't teach someone who to come up with ideas. What I suggest you do when you're making or done with a splice, stop and take a look. Do you think it looks good? When you look at it, do you see how it may look unnatural? If so, you need to stop before posting anything and go and try and fix it. Splicing isn't perfect, it has flaws that you have to work hard at fixing. Some things are a pain to combine, sometimes it really seems there is no way to combine things.

Shinkmin shows a good amount of improvement, I can't say I like the females though, those lightning bolts don't seem properly placed in my opinion. Sometimes it just takes practice to get better. Prometheus and Zero here have the right ideas, you need work. Perhaps you do need to see more or better tuts, or just pay better attention perhaps. The splicing school Prometheus suggested isn't a bad place. Whenever you make a splice they are happy to point out the small mistakes in each, it can really help you learn your individual problems.

Keep on splicing, and take your time. Don't be discouraged by those trying to help. People like Prometheus, Zero, and I don't always stay as positive as the people who randomly come into threads and say "Perfect, 10/10, love the splices", that though is something that is best to learn to love. As a splicer, you're now a type of artist, a type of sprite artists. As an artist one should always look to improving. Hollow comments like "I really like these" don't really help us, they merely just buffer our ego. Someone coming by and saying you're not too great, and tell you what you perhaps are doing wrong, that is a blessing. To be told that we need some work, that we're doing something wrong, it all means that we can improve, and what we need to improve on. It gives us determination, and illuminates that path to self improvement.

I'll stop rambling now, didn't mean to butt in so much. I usually just look around, but this time I saw my name so I had to look.

Archived