>>Seiyaryu - Probably My Best Bunch Of Cards Yet!<<

Seiyaryu

These are my newest bunch of cards. I believe they are good cards that all show some originality and can be easily played in a bunch of different Decks. So leave comments and tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome. OCG help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Seiyaryu

Feral Tide Shark

ot2s7b.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your Deck when a monster your opponent controls inflicts 2000 or more Battle Damage to your Life Points while there are no monsters on your field. Your Deck is then shuffled.

I think that this card would be Limited as soon as it hit the market, because otherwise you would be able to Special Summon three for the price of one. But that said, I still believe that it is a worthwhile card while you have only one in the Deck. Imagine combining this card with “Damage Condenser”; you could get two 2000+ ATK cards, or throw a couple of “Rush Recklessly” into the Deck; that way you can pump your monsters or pump your opponent’s when they don’t have enough ATK to get the job done.

Sunset Griffin

2ev8axt.jpg

When this card attacks, increase the ATK of this card by 200 for each monster that has already attacked this turn, during damage calculation only.

I think that this is a pretty well balanced card. While it normally has only 1600 ATK, its effect allows its ATK to rise to up to 2400, although without a Swarm/Token Deck there doesn’t seem to be too high of a likeliness of that happening. Although imagine running three of these at once, attack with a 1600, then an 1800, then a 2000. Balanced but usable, I like it.

Griffin Mother

jl5fup.jpg

Flip: When this card is sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Griffin" monster from your Deck. Any Battle Damage to your Life Points from a battle involving this Defense Position card is reduced to 0.

Looking at this cards effect, you may think “What if I’m not running a Griffin Deck?”, but this card is playable with just a couple of “Griffin Mother” cards. Think about this scenario; your opponent has a monster like “Enraged Battle Ox” on the field and they attack your Face-Down “Griffin Mother”, she flips and goes to the Graveyard and you immediately get to Special Summon another “Griffin Mother” (or other “Griffin” monster in your Deck) to the field, and thanks to the effect of “Griffin Mother”, you won’t take Piercing Damage.

Shadow Maw

263hf5y.jpg

You cannot Summon monsters except "Shadow Maw". When this card destroys a monster on your opponent's field, Special Summon 1 "Shadow Maw" from your hand or Deck. If you cannot, destroy all "Shadow Maw" on the field.

This card, while it may look Over Powered at first, actually isn’t. The effect of “Shadow Maw” may allow you to Special Summon other “Shadow Maw”, but as soon as all your “Shadow Maw” are on the field you can no longer attack, and you can’t Summon other monsters your pretty much SOL. If anything I would say that maybe it’s a little Under Powered, and to all of you out there wondering “Why not just use ‘Hydrogeddon’?”, because this card has better stats; not to mention it’s a DARK Fiend-Type monster which provides a lot more useful support cards than WATER Dinosaur-Type.

These are my newest bunch of cards. I believe they are good cards that all show some originality and can be easily played in a bunch of different Decks. So leave comments and tell me what you think. Constructive criticism is welcome. OCG help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks' date='

~Seiyaryu[/color']

Feral Tide Shark

ot2s7b.jpg

You can Special Summon this card from your Deck when a monster your opponent controls inflicts 2000 or more Battle Damage to your Life Points while there are no monsters on your field. Your Deck is then shuffled.

I think that this card would be Limited as soon as it hit the market, because otherwise you would be able to Special Summon three for the price of one. But that said, I still believe that it is a worthwhile card while you have only one in the Deck. Imagine combining this card with “Damage Condenser”; you could get two 2000+ ATK cards, or throw a couple of “Rush Recklessly” into the Deck; that way you can pump your monsters or pump your opponent’s when they don’t have enough ATK to get the job done.

Sunset Griffin

2ev8axt.jpg

When this card attacks, increase the ATK of this card by 200 for each monster that has already attacked this turn, during damage calculation only.

I think that this is a pretty well balanced card. While it normally has only 1600 ATK, its effect allows its ATK to rise to up to 2400, although without a Swarm/Token Deck there doesn’t seem to be too high of a likeliness of that happening. Although imagine running three of these at once, attack with a 1600, then an 1800, then a 2000. Balanced but usable, I like it.

Griffin Mother

jl5fup.jpg

Flip: When this card is sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 "Griffin" monster from your Deck. Any Battle Damage to your Life Points from a battle involving this Defense Position card is reduced to 0.

Looking at this cards effect, you may think “What if I’m not running a Griffin Deck?”, but this card is playable with just a couple of “Griffin Mother” cards. Think about this scenario; your opponent has a monster like “Enraged Battle Ox” on the field and they attack your Face-Down “Griffin Mother”, she flips and goes to the Graveyard and you immediately get to Special Summon another “Griffin Mother” (or other “Griffin” monster in your Deck) to the field, and thanks to the effect of “Griffin Mother”, you won’t take Piercing Damage.

Shadow Maw

263hf5y.jpg

You cannot Summon monsters except "Shadow Maw". When this card destroys a monster on your opponent's field, Special Summon 1 "Shadow Maw" from your hand or Deck. If you cannot, destroy all "Shadow Maw" on the field.

This card, while it may look Over Powered at first, actually isn’t. The effect of “Shadow Maw” may allow you to Special Summon other “Shadow Maw”, but as soon as all your “Shadow Maw” are on the field you can no longer attack, and you can’t Summon other monsters your pretty much SOL. If anything I would say that maybe it’s a little Under Powered, and to all of you out there wondering “Why not just use ‘Hydrogeddon’?”, because this card has better stats; not to mention it’s a DARK Fiend-Type monster which provides a lot more useful support cards than WATER Dinosaur-Type.

WOW, man your cards r awesome, really balanced ;

OCG / 5.9/10

Pics / 7.5/10

Idea / 9.5/10

Effects / 9/10

Please go rate mine it's yaiba, my 1st Holo card ever, kk ?!!

Not bad at all for your first

great use of imagery

I see slight errors in OCG but nothing big

cards are a little unbalanced (Maw is too powerful for a 4 star) but not OP

I see you have a great appreciation and understanding for yugioh cards and look forward to seeing your work

8/10

Some pretty nice cards.

I can't imagine ever using "Shark". When I duel, I almost never take more than 2000 damage from one monster via direct attack. Sometimes somebody gets their "Monarch" or "Cyber Dragon" to attack when I have nothing on the field, but in common circumstances, the only single-card actions that deal more than 2000 damage to my LP are burn cards. So I find that this card would be something more like semi-limited, probably even unlimited, also seeing how it's kind of a dead draw. But nice graphic.

"Sunset Griffin" is nice and balanced. Smart choice for a card, and also a good graphic.

"Griffin Mother" is nice too. But I don't really see the importance of that latter effect. I mean, really, how common are piercing damage techniques? I don't know about you, but my local tounament isn't packed with "Airknight Parshath"-wielding duelists of doom. Getting rid of the latter effect would also put "Griffin Mother" more towards the middle in the ways of card balance (right now she seems pretty strong for a 3-star).

"Shadow Maw" = Coolness + Awesome. You've got a great idea here. However, the deciding factor to whether this card is useful or not lies in the answer to my following question: "If you are Tributing to summon a monster, and you would Tribute all of the "Shadow Maw" you control, does "Shadow Maw's" effect still prevent the summoning from happening?"

But overall, these cards kick serious butt :mrgreen:

EDIT: You've also got some OCG problems, but those don't matter if you don't care that much.

Archived