Rescue Dog! New Rescue Cat! Great Holo!!

Lolimar

What do you think?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Overpowered (OP)
    • Balanced
    • Underpowered (UP)
    • It just FAILS

Here it is!

My goal was to design a new Rescue Cat which was more balanced but also with a new twist!

24cv4ox.jpg

[spoiler=Card Lore]By tributing this card, you can Special Summon 2 level 3 or lower Beast monsters from your deck. At the end of this turn, they are removed from play. During your Standby Phase, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Beast monster from your Deck by paying 500 Life Points.

Rescue Cat: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Rescue_Cat

Credit goes to WildSpiritWolf on DeviantArt.

New Wolf Young And Strong

Background from:

http://www.nightrunbulldogs.com/sitebuilder/images/red-background-998x1654.jpg

I actually don't believe the card is that bad. I do think that there are a couple of setbacks in the effect, however. If it has a similar effect to Rescue Cat, then the Dog will probably stay on the field for just as long (aka 2 seconds as the opponent Tributes it away before he even sets it on the table). So, being able to use its second effect during your Standby Phase seems kind of hopeless. Also, it's very prone to attacks. Unless, of course, you have a Threatening Roar up your sleeve, which would make a pretty good combo by Special Summoning 3 Beasts. There are also a couple of OCG errors. This is what it should be, I believe:

"You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard to Special Summon 2 Level 3 or lower Beast-Type monsters from your Deck. Those monsters are removed from play during the End Phase.* During your Standby Phase, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Beast-Type monster from your Deck by paying 500 Life Points."

*Copied from the OCG of "Rescue Cat", due to having similar effects.

Also, I don't think the picture is as bad as Zarkus thinks. It's still cute, and it's supposed to be a stronger version of Rescue Cat anyway. :3

Oh yeah, forgot to give my rating. Duh. >_<'''

I'd give it a solid 8/10.

I used tinypic 'cause of the holo' date=' why do I have to use Imageshack?

[/quote']

tinypic saved the images a JPG, and thats aa lower quality than PNG.

Thanks, I never knew that one saved as JPEG, the other as PNG! + repped.

Not bad' date=' I don't particularly like the picture though.

The OCG seems alright, and the effect is nice and simple.

7/10

[/quote']

Thanks, I couldn't seem to find many suiting pics so I decided that would be acceptable.

By Tributing this card, you can Special Summon 2 level 3 or lower Beast-Type monsters from your Deck. At the end of this turn, they are removed from play. During your Standby Phase, you can Special Summon 1 level 3 or lower Beast-Type monster from your Deck by paying 500 Life Points.

Meh, pretty simple. Don't really see anything else wrong with it.

Archived