Psychic Monsters FTW!!!!!!!!! (New Card Added)

.Requiem

And I thought I`m the only one who creates cards if I`m bored...:P

Howevz, I think I dont tell you something new, when I say that you`re a really good cardmaker...

I like the idea and the concept and how you shaped the cards with this idea...

8.5/9.44

I smell an Angel Command and a Cyber Lord. Duel Masters player here, and I recognize both of those cards' images (I actually own one of them).

Normally, I'd launch into a small rant about the unoriginality of ripping images from another series (clean from another card game, worst of all) for something completely unrelated to them, but two (more important) things stick out more noticably.

First, Psychic Embryo. Its cost is good, but the ability to increase its Level by any given amount . . . there may be call for a cap -- perhaps up to double its level? Of course, this isn't a crucial thing, so you can keep it as-is if you choose.

However, Psychic Mindset (the one whose image pains me more, him being a shoe-in for Fairy-type) has the more aggrivating flaw -- a 'syntax error', shall we call it. Nothing terribly bad, just annoying to the little Card Grammar Nazi Id bouncing about in my head.

"Once per turn, you may Tribute 1 Psychic-Type monster you control to increase your Life Points by the ATK of the removed monster."

This could be written a little better -- no offense meant, but it would actually 1) make it a little nicer on the eyes and 2) cut down the size of it at the same time. Try this instead of what you put originally:

"Once per turn, you may Tribute 1 Psychic-type monster you control to gain LP equal to the Tributed monster's ATK."

It might not be too much smaller, but the syntax is better. And if you prefer, put 'Life Points' instead of 'LP' (that might actually be proper syntax, but I tend to shorten it to 'LP' to preserve space) . . . it's all your choice, I'm just here trying to help out where I can.

Ah' date=' well even if you didn't work hard a perfect card is a perfect card! You managed to get a 10/10 from me with a type I don't like! (Not the worst, that would be plant, or insect. Maybe aqua or Sea serpent.) I commend that. If try google, try photobucket, try every trick in the book!

[/quote']

Insect? How dare you sir. I run a rather efficient, if I might say so myself, well constructed Insect deck. The nerve of some people.

Anywho, I like Psychic Mindset, nice effect, and awesome picture. But admittedly though, it looks more like a Machine then it does a Psychic type. I usually consider Psychic monsters pretty crazy looking. All be it, I've only got like, 5 of them, but still.

Also, baroque's suggestion on OCG is probably better, but I'd definitely suggest using Life Points over LP. 8.5/10.

Insect? How dare you sir. I run a rather efficient' date=' if I might say so myself, well constructed Insect deck. The nerve of some people.

[/quote']

Ah, I used to run one of those. [Ab]Used Ultimate Insect . . . until someone stole all my copies of Ultimate Insect LV5 (thankfully, the high school has become a lot better about card theft -- i.e., it doesn't happen anymore). They're fun to run, and have actually gained a lot of support with Crimson Crisis (or at least a very decent monster in Cross-Sword Beetle).

Anywho' date=' I like Psychic Mindset, nice effect, and awesome picture. But admittedly though, it looks more like a Machine then it does a Psychic type. I usually consider Psychic monsters pretty crazy looking. All be it, I've only got like, 5 of them, but still.

[/quote']

Eh . . . The monster in the image was actually an Angel Command in its original card game (Duel Masters), making it actually a Fairy (which there have arguably been a few mechanical-looking Fairies recently -- e.g. Angel 07 and Tualatin) by its original definition (it was even Light Civilization).

Also' date=' [b']baroque[/b]'s suggestion on OCG is probably better, but I'd definitely suggest using Life Points over LP. 8.5/10.

Indeed, 'Life Points' is probably better syntax.

Ah' date=' I used to run one of those. [Ab']Used Ultimate Insect . . . until someone stole all my copies of Ultimate Insect LV5 (thankfully, the high school has become a lot better about card theft -- i.e., it doesn't happen anymore). They're fun to run, and have actually gained a lot of support with Crimson Crisis (or at least a very decent monster in Cross-Sword Beetle).

I haven't got many new packs, as of late. So I'll have to check into this Beetle you speak of. But anywho, I also run the Ultimate Insects. Best part, is I have Ultimate Rares of lvl 3 & 5. So there Ultimate Ultimate Insects. Need ones of 1 & 7. (If they have them.)

Eh . . . The monster in the image was actually an Angel Command in its original card game (Duel Masters)' date=' making it actually a Fairy (which there have arguably been a few mechanical-looking Fairies recently -- e.g. Angel 07 and Tualatin) by its original definition (it was even Light Civilization).

[/quote']

Ahh, I see. I don't know much of Duel Masters. But I think I understand what your saying. Odd it would be an angel though.

Indeed' date=' 'Life Points' is probably better syntax.

[/quote']

Yeah, it's just, seeing as this is "Realistic Cards," I can see people going on about how it's Life Points not LP. Know what I'm sayin?

If a Psychic-Type monster you control is destroyed by battle' date=' you can pay 800 Life Points to Special Summon this card from your hand during the End Phase. Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 Psychic-Type monster you control to increase your Life Points by the ATK of the removed monster. If this card is destroyed, you can return it to the top of your Deck.

[/quote']

Once per turn' date=' you may Tribute 1 Psychic-Type monster you control to increase your Life Points by the ATK of the removed monster.

First off if this was suppose to be correct grammar, in yugioh no card uses "may", "can" is used instead.

Also I will change the OCG, but with the images. Not really played Duel Masters I only got the image with out knowing. So I like the image so it might stay. With the rest I will reword it.

Psychic Embryo is oh my. The utility with it is just about limitless, and really it couldn't be made any better unless it said "increase or decrease" and then it would just be ridiculously good. The Special Summon effect is pretty nasty, too, and it opens up a whole new gate of pain for an opponent. This alone gives you potential access to any Psychic-type Synchro you need, then actually using it, which obviously is going to happen if you raise the level of a Tuner, to grab the Special Summon would be righteous. And really, did you have to make him Emergency Teleport-able? That's obscene. It comes so close to pushing the border of brokenness, but Psychics on their own are such a hard Deck to pull off that it's pretty much perfect for the Deck. I guess it helps that I love any and all support for the Psychic theme. 10/10

Psychic Mindset, on the other hand, I find to be rather useless. Outside of Tributing himself for the quick 1200 Life Point gain, I'm not going to be happy about dropping this out of my hand on the End Phase just to start Tributing off my Psychic-type monsters for some quick Life Points. Psychic Lifetrancer and Magical Android can help me with my Life Point stabilizing, and this actually seems better suited for a sudden Synchro Summon. Playing it on your End Phase after your current Psychics were wiped out, leaving you a Level 3 looking for a Tuner monster to sync up with. The Special Summon ability strongly overshadows the Life Point gain in my opinion, and the last effect is nifty utility in case his summon triggers a field-wiping Torrential Tribute or something. Not as amazing as the first card, but a somewhat decent backup card. 8/10

Good stuff, for sure. If you're making a Psychic set we could/should totally collab since I already have 12 cards made for my own Psychic set. xD

Archived