Do You Ever Use Walkthroughs?

EliminateHRN

I'm not really sure if I should put this in Video Games or Pols, but since it's about Video Games I thought it might go here. Please move if it's not in the right place.

Anyway, like title says, do you ever use walkthroughs on video games?

I try not to on my first time playing it, but some I need to.

Some of the games I had to use a walkthrough was Kingdom Hearts (I & II), Final Fantasy XII (but I now have a book guide), some Pokemon games (I'm currently making a walkthrough for D/P/Pt), and the Jak & Dexter series. But, I try to do it myself as much as I can without walkthroughs.

So, do you use walkthroughs?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only used a walkthrough on FF12.

Some things are just way too annoying. >_>

Some things on Final Fantasy 12 was kind a annoying' date=' but the walkthrough I used was stupid. i finally got a book guide that was way better than that walkthrough :P.

Sometimes, yes. It's not cheating, it's getting help. =D

I don't really count it as cheating, but I try not to use a walkthrough as much as I can.

Almost all the time' date=' because I can't stand missing anything important when playing a game.

[/quote']

Walkthroughs are for girls.

[align=center]

Lol' date=' so Larxene is allowed.

Also, once, and I'm not proud of it, I like clocking a game myself.

[/align']

Depends on which game it is. If you play a game 10 times and your 'found' counter still says 99% (like in most FF's), you surely need help. But most games are easy. Also, in some games are gimmicks, eastereggs or just stuff you would normally never even think about, and thus it is fun to actually see it afterwards.

I bought the GTA4 walkthrough. Didn't say sheet that helped. So I'm not buying em anymore.

Besides, all they say is " when you get in this room, shoot all the Nazis and kill the MG in the courtyard." I mean WTF! That's not a walkthrough, that's a stating the obvious book that we put the title walkthrough on so that you'd buy it and we make $20 haha.

Archived