Do You Ever Use Walkthroughs?

EliminateHRN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I ever use a walkthrough for an RPG game' date=' it would only be to see if there's something I haven't done yet in the game after playing it so many different ways

[/quote']

Same here. I only used walkthroughs for either Final Fantasy games or anything by Nippon Ichi Software or Atlus (i.e. Disgaea, La Pucelle, Odin Sphere, etc...)

If the book is a certain length' date=' I buy it. If I see the book but is thin, I don't buy it and I use online walkthroughs instead.

[/quote']

Want a BIG Player's Guide? Look at the Pokemon Platinum Player's Guide - the thing is 624 pages!

Sometimes, I just get the guides for the artwork. They do have REALLY nice artwork at times.

If the book is a certain length' date=' I buy it. If I see the book but is thin, I don't buy it and I use online walkthroughs instead.

[/quote']

Want a BIG Player's Guide? Look at the Pokemon Platinum Player's Guide - the thing is 624 pages!

Sometimes, I just get the guides for the artwork. They do have REALLY nice artwork at times.

I never do that, it's a drain on my money, which doesn't grow on trees you know.

[/quote']

I never do that, it's a drain on my money, which doesn't grow on trees you know.

When you get about $100+ for your birthday and Player's Guides only cost about $8 - $12 (or less if you get them used at a bookstore), then it's not so much a big deal. I don't really buy Player's Guides anymore for two reasons:

1) Too expensive

2) I don't buy NEARLY AS MANY games as I used to

I do generally get guides sometimes I just end lost in games. And thanks to Pokemon XD I learnt that Prima suck at guides sometimes.

Lately though I just tend to use internet ones, atleast then you know their accurate.

I use walkthroughs for the Silent Hill games because those get chaotic when you get lost. Especially when the monsters start respawing regularly and you're stuck in a large maze-like floor of 20 or so broken doors with only 2 or 3 doors you can actually go through that are in a completely different area on the other side of said maze-like floor. It gets annoying fast. Especially when you keep getting turned around and every which way looks exactly the same.

Archived