The Last Airbender

.Traveler

Oh please Zuko was the jabroni. Azula was a strong, powerful and intelligent figure on the show. If this was any other civilized nation she would have been viewed as a hero but because of our nations hatred of order and authority she is castigated. Where as Zuko a person who is clearly insane and emotionally unstable is lauded by both unstable emo boys and furture domestic violence victim girls. The West is in great trouble if boys like him are lauded and strong capable women like Azula are castigated. Also unlike Zuko Azula wanted to kill her father and take the throne all through out the series. Zuko uncharicteristically in the final season went against his father despite his psychological obsession with him. Anyone with a psychological background will tell you that Zuko would go insane NOT Azula. Also to me I think Azula represents the strong powerful and priviledged girl that rejected the two creators of the show and this is their attempt to castigate strong women as her.

Never said she was weak. I said that shes practically a jabroni. Shes a mean, heartless terrible character who is truely miserable.

MistressMaria, someone is a feminist. And Zuko was obviously a better character than her. He at least had his reasons for being a dick, Azula did it for fun. Zuko had heart and actually learned the errors of his ways, Azula, I can't say the same about.

Never said she was weak. I said that shes a b****. Shes a mean' date=' heartless terrible character who is truely miserable.

MistressMaria, someone is a feminist. And Zuko was obviously a better character than her. He at least had his reasons for being a dick, Azula did it for fun. Zuko had heart and actually learned the errors of his ways, Azula, I can't say the same about.

[/quote']

Zuko was a horrible useless character. He betrayed his uncle, the only person who ever loved him. Azula was betrayed. Azula was a villain she did what she did to win. Zuko was just a sad little character made to pander to the emos. I agree with Maria. Azula was trying to get the throne. Zuko was a nut job who loved a man who hated and abused him.

Oh please Azula had reasons. She wanted the throne and did what she could to get it. Zuko had no reasons for his actions he liked to hurt people and he had his psychotic obsession with his father. Also Azula was far from miserable she was stable content and happy also she exibited numerous compassion to her friends and other people. Non of which was requited might I add. Zuko was cruel and ignorant toward his own people and they hated him. Everyone under Azula applauded her rule. Hell Zuko even sold his own uncle down river. The only person who ever cared for his sorry ass. He had no reasons for doing the things he did he just wanted to please his father and restore his honor no matter who dies. Azula wanted the throne she really hated her father in any other civilized country she would be a hero. Also thank yes I am a feminist. Zuko had no excuse he was a mentally unstable boy who had a psychotic obsession with his father. Azula never needed to change her ways. Her ways was for her own dominion and her people and would have even resulted in her father's demise. I'm sure you will give Zuko an excuse because of the moder trend of giveing emo losers and psycho praise for their inferiorty. While a strong powerful and great woman like Azula is castigated and hated because of her strength intellect and superior staure. All because of the West's hatred of order and strength and love of weakness and insanity. I really pray for girls who like emo and unstable men like him based on the modern trend of loveing bastards. It is alos evil that they will hate strong and strategic women like Azula and love subnormal men like Zuko. No wonder domestic violence is at an all time high

your right' date=' you give stable points and arguements.

Zuko won in the end.

Azula went crazy in the end.

Now please STFU and GTFO.

[/quote']

So far the only stable points have been made by MistressMaria and me. Maybe you should open your eyes and look at the series. It didn't make sense! I have extensive knowledge of psychology and I know that Zuko was unstable. Anyone could see that! So "Now please shut the f*!@ up and get the f#@$ out."

Wow you are an intelligent one aren't you. The ending of Avatar is so contradictory on many levels. Azula and Zuko aside the previous Avatar's ORDERED Aang to kill the Fire Lord and he didn't. Also in real life Azula would have won and that is the only thing that matters. Zuko would just be some slit wristed loser at Hot Topic. Also I am staying so you can shut the funk up and get the hell out heifer.

Lets break down what both of you said.

So far the only stable points have been made by MistressMaria and me.

Thats what i said.

Maybe you should open your eyes and look at the series.

I have. Many times.

It didn't make sense!

Then why are you saying you know whats going on?

I have extensive knowledge of psychology and I know that Zuko was unstable.

He was' date=' but in the end he seems perfectly fine.[/b']

Anyone could see that!

Apparently i cant. >.>

So "Now please shut the f*!@ up and get the f#@$ out."

K.

Wow you are an intelligent one aren't you.

This is true on SO MANY LEVELS.

The ending of Avatar is so contradictory on many levels.

Tell meh. :P

Azula and Zuko aside the previous Avatar's ORDERED Aang to kill the Fire Lord and he didn't.

Wtf does this even mean?

Also in real life Azula would have won and that is the only thing that matters.

Not really' date=' because in real life she most likely WOULD have gone insane and power hungry. A lot of people do that. Plus we cant shoot fire out of our hands. [/b']

Zuko would just be some slit wristed loser at Hot Topic.

Lolsrsfail. Just because he has problems doesnt mean he would be slicing his wrists or even be at Hot Topic.

Also I am staying so you can shut the f*** up and get the hell out heifer.

Ok lol.

I said it didn't make sense because what they did on the final episodes was completely out of nowhere. There is no way that a person with Zuko's problems would just randomly be healed of all his issues. When you said "you give stable points and arguments" I assumed you were referring to Hunter. Yes in the end Zuko did win and Azula didn't. I see that, but in reality that wouldn't be the case. What I am saying is that what they did was practically a plot hole. She did go insane because of what they wrote. However everything else they wrote up to the last 4 episodes said otherwise. It is like writing a story about someone who lives in filth for all the chapters and in the final one the person is magically a neat freak.

First off on the Fire Lord incident. It is contradictory because the whole series sets up for his death. They all talk of killing the Fire Lord and the previous Avatar's say that he must die. Aang just let him live and captured him. That is a contradiction and very stupid. Any idiot would know this.

Next no sheet we can't shoot fire from our hands. This is a show though and the characters should operate on realistic premises. Next just because someone attains rulership does not mean that they would go insane. Azula showed no signs of insanity and she was perfectly fit psychologically to lead. Also people don't go insane just because they attain power. They usually have problems before hand or are too weak to lead. Azula was none of these things

Next Zuko is far beyond just haveing problems. He is a crazy and obsessed psychopath with a daddy complex. He is the epitomy of every emo stereotype on the earth. The bog brooding loser with no life and issues with his parents. Really how many times have we heard that from the emos. Yeah he would be in Hot Topic with Mai and the rest of the emo losers that is obvious.

Guest King of Games

Can't blame a kid (12 yrs old last time i checked) for wanting to keep his morals. Aang's not going to become what he hates like some anti-hero.

Zuko did have problems, like his identity crisis, and he outwardly expressed them. Because of that, he could deal with them. Azula kept all her emotions subdued and suppressed. She then was crushed when she couldn't join the final battle, when all she truly enjoyed was causing destruction and other cruelties. This brought up those suppressed emotions, starting with paranoia and as it continued to rise to the surface, her psyche deteriorated because she couldn't cope.

Oh please, killing an evil man is the most moral thing in the world. The West is in trouble if it thinks that a hero valiantly destroying the villain is evil. Actually the opposite is true because every drop of blood the villain sheds in the future is the "hero"s" fault. Aang letting the Fire Lord live is no different then someone letting Hitler live and knowing these pitiful Avatar fans they probably would too. Also the hero salying the villain is not an anti hero that is their bare minimum job as a hero. In fact if they don't slay the villain then they are just as bad as said villain. In fact if anyone was an anti hero it would be Azula. She did bad things but it was all to overthrow her evil father. Next Zuko was over emmotional. It had nothing to do with expressing his emotions in fact he tried to suppress them. Azula did not hide her emotions either she expressed them. Though unlike Zuko she always expressed them in a contructive manner. Also Azula was never paranoid in the series even when she obtained power.

Next Azula never enjoyed destruction in the series. She in fact abhorred excessive destruction in the series prefering covert methods. This was a complete contradiction to how she was portrayed in the final episodes. In fact she had no issues unlike Zuko she had issues with her mother but she dealt with them and merely hated her mother. Though it was not an obsessive issue like Zuko had with his father rather it was contrcutive because unlike Zuko who loved his father after all of the evil things he did to him she hated her mother. Also before the final episodes Azula had many issues much worse then in the final episodes and she coped with all of the flawlessly. She showed no signs of insanity in fact she only showed complete sanity, intelligence and capableness.

If anyone had any of the problems you mentioned it was Zuko. He could never cope with his emotions. He suppressed his feelings only for them to erupt violently. He was immature and always wanted to participate in battles even when it hurt his own side. He was terribly paranoid suspecting everyone even Iroh to be against him and he was hated by all of his followers. With Azula it was the opposite everyone loved her, she was a great leader, she kept her emotions in check, she had a healthy mental condition, she was an excellent strategist and picked her battles carefully, she was never paranoid always keeping a cool head and always knowing what was going on and unlike Zuko she always coped with her emotions. It is a sad day that we in the West think that showing your emotions in a destructive and unstable way is less heathy then a woman who keeps her emotions in check,controls them and uses them only in contructive ways. Really also it is the West's glorification of weak, mentally unstable evil people and hatred of authority. On the flipside the West hates strong, intelligent, capable and orderous people like Azula because it instead of celebrating powerful and talented people it hates them in order feel better about their own weaknesses. It is so said that a powerful intelligent, stable and strategic woman is hated while a weak unstable, psychotic lunatic boy is lauded and praised. It is also said that a hero noblely slaying a villain is considered anti heroic.

It is no wonder why American anime is not popular in Japan. I just picture now my favorite anime Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon where the heroine boldy and bravely slays the villain and she is lauded both for her bravery in slaying the villain and her strong, cpable, strategic nature. She is not hated while some emo psyhotic boy is glorified and loved for his unstable nature. I guess this mentality is why Asians get higher IQs then whites and why the East hands down beats the West.

Yes and the whole point is that is contadictory and against the charcters psychological profile. They basically Zukoized Azula and Azulaized Zuko in the final episodes. That may have been how they wrote it but it was sub par, contradictory and made just to pan to weak emos who hate strong intelligent and poweful people and poweful women. It is also why American anime is not popular in the East and why East beats West.

Archived